Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Box

Box

a part of “Box”, a fictional universe by Miikii.

Yesterday had been typical. Today, not so much. Every person you've known, or rather everyone in the world, is gone.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Box”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Box

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miikii on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:39 pm

"Box"

Yesterday was a typical day. You went to work or school... or just lazed around the house, or did whatever you usually do. There had been no warning or sign that anything would change. There had been no impending apocalyptic predictions, well at least not till the end of the year.

And yet...

6,840,507,003 people, roughly the world's population, had vanished over night. Not died. There was no huge battle for the souls of the masses. No corps left to signify that there had been so many people. No zombies, no asteroid, no aliens, nothing. Only the buildings remained and all life vanished.

And somehow, you are still here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a glitch in the system that had caused this. The artificial beings that were called humans were very few in number, not that they knew such. They were kept in the Box, a high-tech simulator. The four were raised from infancy very carefully. They were supposed to die in there, never learning of the truth. Unfortunately this changed everything.

The idea was to create a new race, similar to our own, but without powers. There were many reasons for this. Mainly though, we hoped to delude the seemingly ever growing powers of our own people. It sounds strange doesn't it? That we would hope to cripple our own strengths. It was tragic, but our powers would only lead to our demise. With each generation the powers grew and it had almost become a race. Families struggled to find others of power, secure an heir who would be stronger than all others, and the final goal was to rule the world. Of course no one openly spoke of such, but it was obviously happening. Which is why the Box was constructed, why the humans were made.

Unfortunately with this glitch, we can't continue testing the humans within the Box. We have no clue how they'll react to their entire world being a lie. Worse yet, we have no way of knowing how they will genetically react to us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this is where we, the humans, begin. Our world is empty and a strange voice calls us as if through a PA system to meet with each-other...
Last edited by Miikii on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to think outside of it, but I'd like you to look in the "Box"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miikii
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Box

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:53 pm

I love the concept of this roleplay. May I reserve Crete 2?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miikii on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Yup ^_^ and thank you!

Miikii
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArcticFox on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:08 pm

I would like to reserve human 2 please!

ArcticFox
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miikii on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Reserve is reserved!

As long as I can fill the human slots, we'll start then and I'll take Crete number 1 for the sake of the plot

Miikii
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SukaiKori on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:46 pm

I'll reserve a human spot please?

SukaiKori
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SukaiKori on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:53 pm

I won;t be able to send in the character sheet till prob tomorrow but I will send it in okay =)

SukaiKori
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miikii on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:56 pm

That's fine and reserved ^_^ I'm going to bed soon probably anyways

Miikii
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:00 am

Can I have the last human and make it female? Thanks.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miikii on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:04 am

Yep ^_^

Now we just need the char sheets for approval and we're all good to go for tomorrow!

Miikii
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:28 am

I just submitted my char and hope she's okay.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miikii on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:41 am

Love her! And now I'm actually going to bed XD take care all and see ya later!

Miikii
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SukaiKori on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:24 am

K, Submitted my character. Decided to just get it done today. If I need to fix anything lemme know.

SukaiKori
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miikii on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Looks good to me ^_^
Apparently blonde is the hair color to have XD

I also added my own Crete for the sake of starting right away once we get the last human at least.

Miikii
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Well if you have problems getting people, I can always play a Crete too. One question though, the 3 Cretes from the power houses, did they want to marry one of the humans?

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miikii on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:51 pm

No, well kinda not. The 3 are looking to enhance their powers, take over the world (more like a King/Queen, but perhaps there's a few dictators out there) and such. This is usually done by finding someone else with powers similar to their own so that their children can be even more powerful. The humans are a product of the government, and the idea was to delude the powers so that no one could take over like that. The humans are basically, top secret government biological warfare in a sense.

So 1. the houses /shouldn't/ know about the humans
and 2. if they did they'd probably not like the idea

Of course the side effect of the humans' power duplicating/magnifying might change their minds, and further more there's no way of knowing what the child of a Crete and Human would be like. So it would be a gamble. The result could be a truly powerless person or an extra powerful one.

But what's a gamble like that if anyone should fall in love. =P

Miikii
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Sorry I took so long! I've submitted my character. Let me know if anything needs to be changed. :)

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SukaiKori on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:16 pm

:3 I'm really interested in starting this. Question, do the humans start off inside of the box or in the same place the Cretes or in?

SukaiKori
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Looks like Arctic fox isn't going to submit a char. I sure hope we get that last slot filled soon. 1/4 of the rpgs I join don't even start due to people not joining.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SukaiKori on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:22 pm

MM, same here. I'm waiting on a few to start before I can start posting but it's taking a while. This seems like a really cool RP too. Hope more ppl join.

SukaiKori
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!