Announcements: January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! »

Cirque Regalis

Brainstorming

a part of “Cirque Regalis”, a fictional universe by Scarlet Loup.

The name may allude to magnificence, but Cirque Regalis is plagued with greed, rebellion, and darkness. Do you dare to enter and experience it yourself?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Cirque Regalis”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Brainstorming

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlet Loup on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:09 pm

So, now that our characters are all introduced and whatnot, we need to start working on the plot itself. Obviously, the overlying, big plot is the conflict between management and performers who don't feel like the management team is just. Besides that, however, we need some more problems. Little Fox and I talked about some ideas for our characters, but I want to hear from you guys, too! Do you have any plot ideas? Anything you want to do, but don't know who to do it with? Please post your ideas for sub-plots below, and we'll try to add them in!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scarlet Loup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Brainstorming

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:51 pm

Heyo!

Okay, Scar and I were indeed brainstorming last night and so far we've worked up quite a few ideas for future conflict.

• Dmitri and Svetlana. Obviously, Sebastian isn't going to be too keen on finding out his sister is secretly banging (and madly in love with) a guy old enough to be their dad. There's definitely going to be some drama there when he does find out about it and he may or may not stay in the circus... Let's just see how it plays out... *mysterious cape flourish*

• Svetlana and Evelyn. This one, we thought was quite amusing and would be fun to play out. Anyways, we were talking about having Lana hold a one-sided rivalry of jealousy for Dmitri's attention with the negative feelings directed towards Evelyn. She's young and vulnerable, this is her first relationship (if you honestly want to call it that) and she's got her doubts. After a week of being stuck on a train and emerging to find Dmitri smiling at and flirting with Evelyn. Evelyn is only a couple years younger than Lana and has the same delicate build and doll-like features. This could lead to Lana fearing Dmitri would replace her with someone younger and prettier - Because she does think that Evelyn is prettier than she is and has a more exotic feel. In short, she feels plain compared to the Albino. Dmitri will, in the future, flirt with Evelyn just to see how it goes.

• Sugar. She's young. She's black. It's 1948. That in itself is quite enough to stir up some racial tensions and I've decided to create an NPC (or a few) that are quite racist to stir up some problems, not just with Sugar, but with all non-white and possibly non-Americans in the Cirque that aren't slapping a paycheck in their hands.

• Clay and Belle. I think we all know that Belle's a slut free spirit. Scar and I bounced around the idea of her getting into a relationship with Clay that starts as casual sex, but Clay (as you youngsters say these days) catches feelings and enters overprotective mode and kills harasses her other sex partners.

• Sebastian. He has a history of a violent temper and I'm thinking he might end up getting himself into some trouble that is a bit harder to escape. It could take place after he blows up on Dmitri and Svetlana, as those are usually the two that bail him out of trouble. As good of friends as he might have in the circus, his tirade against his sister and Dmitri will be quite public (with other performers around, not civilians) and if you think your character will still stand by his side after the words he says and what he does, feel free. But I do want to have him face a real challenge.

I'm more than open to discussing conflict, plots, and relationships with other characters as well. Don't be afraid to approach me. I can't guarantee that I won't bite but I can promise that if I do... You'll like it. Anyways. As you can see, the majority of the above written stuff involves mine and Scar's characters and that is not because we are trying to exclude anyone, but simply because we didn't want to plan anything big for anyone else's characters without proper consent.
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AthaNielsen on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Super excited with the "Love triangle" thing with Dmitri, Lana and Evelyn :D I got so excited when Morgan (ScarletLoup) brought it up to me because it hadn't even crossed my mind.

AthaNielsen
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:59 pm

• Poor Evelyn! What's an albino circus girl to do? With the owner of the circus suddenly making moves on her, stirring unknown feelings within, she's not sure what to do. Nobody in the circus wants to invoke the wrath of Dmitri but she knows for sure that whatever he might feel for her it is unrequited. Dmitri, however, shan't give up. If he can get Svetlana to bend over backwards and fall head over heels in love with him, why can he not do the same with the younger girl? Sure, it's not exactly legal. But the laws of man are beneath him, he thinks. Will Conner and Evelyn be able to be together?

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!