Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Broken Balances || The Seven Seals

Broken Balances || The Seven Seals

a part of “Broken Balances || The Seven Seals”, a fictional universe by Skykoko.

And so, the point of their lives, despite how complicated their existence, is simple. Live on.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Broken Balances || The Seven Seals”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Broken Balances || The Seven Seals

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:57 am

@ Sathandra - They can know each other if you like. The other forces might be, say, some greedy rich guy who knows that if the balance was equalized, he might loose factories or something, and out of greed would send assassins or whatever. The Sealers? No, no one knows about them. Demons are vaguely known and feared for their tendency to kill humans, if you get in their way, but due to them living differently than humans, are very rarely seen. It can be since birth or that they don't even know yet. Perhaps they were in a stressful situation, and reacted, or perhaps they've known and controlled them as long as they can remember. Because it would be seen as a demonic trait, maybe they had to hide it so never used them, but knew. You can do anything you want when it comes to that. :)

@ Thundergod1020 - Ok, that's fine. The extent... I would say, no mountains, but not just little stones either... think... FMA maybe? It depends on how much of the 'Natural Energy' he can harness, I suppose, seeing as that is the source of their power. The stronger the intent, the stronger the ability level.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skykoko
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sigma on Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:51 pm

I has le question~ May I reserve Sound seeing as though it has been opened up? Erhm. Well, for the gender of the character I already have an idea for a female FC but I am fine with more or less any so I'll play whatever it is that keeps the ratio balanced, I suppose. But yeah. Just gotta yolo it and go down the rabbit hole like Alice in wonderland did.

Oh also. What are the restrictions with sound? Like with what Thundergod said, I have an idea, but it could very well be godmodding. SO I was just wondering how far I could go with this before it becomes unacceptable. For example, one of my ideas was being able to produce a siren song of sorts. Siren song following the idea of the greek mythology around sirens. A sort of charmspeaking kind of things through song?
"I was living that terrible life, with nowhere else to go."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sigma
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:51 am

@ Legacy14, @ TheLittlewitch - the site doesn't let me send PM replies, because it hates me, so I'll have to respond here an hope you see it.

@ Sigma -
Alright, I'll reserve it. As for the limits... The character can greatly enhance his speed, make frequencies as high or low pitched as he wants - sound can even be strong enough to tear things apart, you know - and can probably understand most languages. Be creative - the siren thing would be fine, I think. But try and keep it kinda scientific - like, the character found a frequency that can entrance humans, by effecting brain waves, or something. Music does have an extreme effect on the mind. I think of sound as one of the most powerful elements, so go wild, but set limits as to how much the character can expend at once or something, and using it a lot can have a negative effect on the body or something. Another limit would be how far different frequencies can travel. Low frequencies can travel far and make people dizzy, but high frequencies are very short, but high enough and they can be destructive. Shock waves, etc. Like... like Yuuki Tenpouin, but more realistic.

@ Legacy14 -
It can be either. I have a plot ready to go as you can see, but it also has the option of being a Sandbox RP with a vague storyline. I made this RP with the people in mind rather than the plot, so made it in a way that will allow the choice of both freedom or structure depending on how the writer needs it, in hopes that this will amok it funner by not limiting anyone too badly, and can have fun while remaining active.

@ TheLittleWitch -
I'm glad you like it! Go ahead and submit your bio as a character, but you need to detail things a bit more in terms of speech color and give her a more obvious FC for me to put on the reference list. If you can't find pictures, I recommend saving some from Google Images, then going to Photobucket and uploading them there, and editing them to the right sizes. I need a 16 X 9 widthwise for the FC list. So long as you give me the FC, though, I'm fine with saving and cutting one for it myself. Also, your quote!!! It's so true!!! I've had a similar philosophy about light and dark for a long time, and understood that balance. I've explained my view to a lot of people, but even my college professors didn't really understand what I meant. It's cool that you do!!!

~~~~~~~~~~

@ EVERYONE - Alright, deadlines approaching! Get those sheets done, at least the important bits like name, abilities, who the FC is, and personality, so we can get this moving! You can do stuff like formatting and pictures later, take you time to make it cool and all. :D

Wow this is long...

Skykoko
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheLittleWitch on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:01 am

Bio is up. Please let me know if you need anything else. Until then I'll be watching the little mermaid. SUCH A GOOD MOVIE!

TheLittleWitch
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sigma on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:40 pm

PUt up a wip. Taking a break from working on it for now to do some other stuffs, but I'll be sure to finish it.

Sigma
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby legacy14 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:27 pm

Sounds good. If it is still possible then, I'd like to reserve the Plant spot with the FC of....

Hazama! - from Blazblue
#41A317 color code

~Hakuna Matata!~

legacy14
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sathandra on Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:40 pm

Oh @Legacy 14 'Hey O' ^_^ Long time no see.

"If I have learned anything about life and love, it is that they are tenuous things that can end at any moment. Caution is essential- but not at the cost of wasting your life."

Sathandra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby legacy14 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Oh Hai miss Sath! I was on hiatus for a while due to injury, but you know...

~I'm back!

legacy14
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheLittleWitch on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:09 am

I have a question about a small edit for my character?

TheLittleWitch
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:04 am

Since no one else bothered to ask, I guess I have to be the one to ask for clarification.

What exactly IS taint? Is it just the "evil qualities of a person" or something? And how are we supposed to fight it and force it out, if we can't touch it?

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:02 am

Sorry I was gone everyone! We were presented with a surprise twenty-page report on an obscure star system, of which Wikipedia knows nothing. And we only have three days to do it. The homework pop quiz of the Astronomer's world or whatever. Either way, it sucks. Even now, I can only spare about ten minutes. :P

@ TheLittleWitch - Ask away!

@ Nightblazer - ...This is going to take a while to answer... That's exactly the point. How can taint or evil really be defined? Does it even exist to be set right, even as an intangible quality?

First we must address 'good' and 'evil'. Such as (THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE, I am not taking a side), say a person believes strongly in stopping deforestation, believing that the homes of the animals and enrichment of our children's life are not worth loosing. To that end, they put together a mob to block the work. Say, however, that the owner of the company uses those trees for something he deems important, such as making paper for textbooks to be sent to third world countries to help with education. So, he forges ahead with the work, despite the pubic moving him. Yes, our children are being deprived of the natural world in that movement. But, we are helping a distant people have a slightly better chance. Who's to say which is more important? Basically, in that situation 'good' and 'evil' do not exist. Only differing beliefs of what is more important. Who are we to judge, even if we could harness and understand that very natural energy?

Now, say the was a boy who grew up a rich spoiled brat, and so resulted in being a greedy adult. He chooses to hoard his money rather than share it, when he could help many people by doing so. However, he cannot fully be blamed for it, because though he knows he could help, he does not understand how truly painful and tormenting anything could be, because he has never experienced hardship. He thinks they would be able to pull through on their own, because nothing can truly hurt as much as people say. They're being overdramatic. Ignorance, not evil. Does that mean this person is evil? No. Does that mean he is good? No. But, say there is a boy who grew up in the 'hood'. He watched his parents murdered there, was adopted and abused physically and sexually, and grew up to be an assassin or whatever himself. He does not see anything wrong with these actions. He cannot see anything kind in humanity, not one flicker of it. After all, he survived so much worse. He sees hardship as being the reason he can see all that is wrong with the world, and by doing harmful things, is enabling them to understand it too. Does that make his harming others right? No. Does that make his intentions evil? No. It does not. He is, in his own way, trying to help the ignorant.

Now, what is natural energy? In this case, the collective of the world. Auras would be included in this category, if they exist. Because there is no such thing as good and evil, there would be no such thing as a 'pure' or 'dark' aura. Too much ignorance is too much. Too much harshness is too much. Now, these people who can harness natural energy... in theory, they could also harness one's aura, or use the energy to create a world in which no one would grow up with too much taint or too much ignorance... if they can only harness it in a way that can effect people's understanding, perhaps they can help with creating balanced individuals. Thus, there would be no ignorance or harshness in the first place.

Perhaps the way to handle this is with the harsh side. By killing those who are unfixably ignorant or harsh, set too far into their beliefs and unbalanced ways. Perhaps the way to handle it would be with ignorance, separating the peoples. Or perhaps... there is another way... because in the world I'm creating, there are people who can do MORE.

Whew, even longer than I thought...

Skykoko
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:19 am

I might be starting to understand...perhaps. So, the ones who disturb the balance are those with extreme amounts of negative qualities (including ignorance and brutality), correct?

But, here's another thing: How will we know if someone is tainted? Can we sense their aura or something?

(It might be best if you answer this once your astronomy work is finished.)

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sathandra on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:32 am

So if that were the case how are we supposed to combat that? Can our characters somehow force out those extreme amounts and make them take form? That's really the only way I see our abilities being of any use, unless we run around killing or torturing people. The latter would seem risky though as it could just cause them to be unbalanced in a different way.

Sathandra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheLittleWitch on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:21 pm

Awesome I wanted to see if it was ok with you if I made her have some sort of ability that made her learn super fast, maybe even by just touching something (totally did not get the idea from the show CHUCK) but in having this ability she could learn combat skills and all sorts of other things and be a little more than just a useless human.

TheLittleWitch
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightblazer on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:22 pm

As harsh as it sounds when I say this, LittleWitch...I believe you shouldn't have a power like that. I know I'm not GM, so I don't have final say on this, but having an ability like that would basically render the rest of our characters as "useless." You could basically have your character become an instant expert at anything you so desired, and there would be just about nothing short of weapons of mass destruction that could stop her.

But if you want your character to have combat skills, I don't think anyone will hold it against you if you edit your character's history to say she had learned them...or at least, it'd be fine by me.

Nightblazer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheLittleWitch on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:06 pm

Oh that will not do!
I didn't even think of it like that! Thanks for pointing it out. I think I will edit her history though like you said.
Thanks man!

TheLittleWitch
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sigma on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:14 pm

Ahhh. My CS is quite nearly done. I just have to finish the history part, but I've got the general idea of it written on the CS. I'll finish it up tomorrow.

Sigma
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sigma on Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:43 pm

Well, my character is finished! If there's any problems or any questions or whatever from anyone just lemme know. SO yeeaaah.

Sigma
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skykoko on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:22 pm

@ Nightblazer - Currently? No. The characters have not yet learned anything about their abilities except for that they have them, if even that. If they found out about them before being sought out by the demons, then perhaps they have honed them, found their own style; but it's not like there's anyone to formally train them in it. That's the point of the Quest to find out about the Natural Energy, and why they can control it.

@ TheLittleWitch - Nope. Way too Godmod. Sorry! :)

@ Everyone - K, I should have the first post up within 24 hours of this post. I can't believe it took s long. I hate sudden reports like this. I finally finished though! Now I'm just proofreading, fixing grammatical errors and making sure all the random mumbo jumbo I used as comparisons are correct. 22 pages. TWENTY-TWO EFFING PAGES. On a star so nondescript it isn't even listed in most directories and isn't near any important space equipment. HOW DID I FIND 22 PAGES OF INFO?! I'm so confused by myself... If I don't get an A on this, I'm throwing the teacher off the roof.

Skykoko
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sigma on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:36 pm

Ohh yaaaay~ Starting soon~

Well, at least you lived through it, right, Sky? I'm sure you'll be fine.

Sigma
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!