broken link

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

broken link

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fire-horizon on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:12 pm

hiya, i have a really old roleplay i set up a while back that ended up having a broken link. anyway i would suuuuuper love if someone could possibly fix it for me? (so i can take it down/get rid of it, etc) i've tried messaging a couple people about it but no one will respond (is there someone specific i'm supposed to pm that i happened to miss?)

anyway it's really really bugging me after so long so if someone could help with this that would be lovely! many thanks
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fire-horizon
Member for 3 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Streamwatcher Greeter Lifegiver

Re: broken link

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:45 pm

If you could link the RP in question, that'd be great. Also, who did you message?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LawOfTheLand
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:16 pm

If you want the RP removed/closed. Flag it for review and closure, then one of us mods will come by and close it.

Absenthia
Member for 10 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fire-horizon on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:22 pm

so sorry about the late reply! i've been away for several days.

anyway, roleplay/aftermath-–-future-years/ is the roleplay . it's awfully old and just broken for a while and i figured it'd be good to just put it away permanently since it was achieving nothing.

i was messaging raemus i believe? i had only recalled their profile as someone in the staff and i couldn't quite find the staff page to see if i could perhaps message another (i might have missed it when it was obvious; i tend to do that). many apologies if i'm not supposed to message them.

and i would have done that, i just can't seem to get into it? unless there's another way to take it down outside of the roleplay's page, that i missed as well by chance

fire-horizon
Member for 3 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Streamwatcher Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Okay, the issue with the RP is it's returning a 404.. so technically it shouldn't still be on your profile. This shouldn't happen.. but things do happen as we overhaul old code; something else breaks.

Law or Cole may know more about this than I do. Sorry, I wish I could help you more. :(

Absenthia
Member for 10 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fire-horizon on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:27 pm

totally fine! don't worry about it! i appreciate your help anyways ^^ it feels much better to get a response than be left in the dark!

i'll talk to them about it, thanks again!

fire-horizon
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:47 am

Thanks for the report! I did some investigation and found the problem. There was an unexpected character in the title, so I've just set it manually — all related links should now work normally. :)

If you feel like tracking these kinds of glitches down, feel free to make reports in our bug tracker. If we can identify exact cases like these, it's easy to fix for everyone all at once.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 14 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fire-horizon on Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:07 pm

ah! i see, that's the problem. thanks so much for your help! i'll be sure to go there if i come across another problem like that

fire-horizon
Member for 3 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!