Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Buffering the Ranks

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Buffering the Ranks

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belle on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:24 pm

Belle took a seat on her couch, a drink in one hand, the remote in the next. She turned on the TV and switched it to the Local News. On the tube she saw live footage announcing the new leader. She watched as the man spoke of standing up to Earth. She knew she was one of the 'right people' he was speaking of. She took a deep breath and let out a soft sigh followed by a small "Hnn."

Moments later she stood up, set her drink down, and headed for the recruitment office.

Upon reaching the building she stepped inside the main lobby and turned to the receptionist.

"I am looking to speak to General Zhelir about recruitment."

The receptionist then directed her to the 12th floor, at the end of the hallway. She immediately headed up, walking at a quicker pace than normal. As she made her way to the end of the hall, she stopped and knocked on the door in front of her.

"C'mon in."

As she heard this, she pulled the silver onyx studded handle and strode into the room. She walked over to the extravigant looking desk in the middle of the room and stopped square in front of it.

"Hello, General Zhelir. I am Belle Korringat, and I've come to discuss recruitment."

Belle smiled and held out her hand, awaiting his response.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Belle
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:23 am

Zhelir rose to his feet, a grin spreading across his lips. His first recruit, he suspected. He reached out and shook her hand. She was very pretty, he had noted to himself when she first entered his office. He shook these thoughts off, though.

"I see you already know me," he replied, "so I won't bother with introducing myself. I take it you are here to enlist?"

He released her hand and gazed down at her, being a good share above her, awaiting - and hoping toward a 'yes' - for her response.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:44 am

Zhelir clenched his fists at the sound. A sound so infuriating it took all his might not to punch a hole in his beautiful new desk. The sound of Milliardo's speech coming through the live feed on the computer, talking about the colonies. Zhelir spoke, carefully measuring each word, trying not to give her an idea of what he was about to do.

Miss Korringat, my apologies, but I have t'leave for a while, urget business. If you'll leave your number with my secretary, she'll call ya when I get back." He spoke, in such a forcive calm it had to be evident.

He departed from the room swiftly, leaving her behind and taking the elevator straight down. He left the elevator and exited the building, not speaking to anyone.

20 minutes later, he found himself powering up Mercurius and opening a private channel directly to Kaden's office.

"Kaden, suit up. Get the biggest guns you've got and grab a shuttle, I say it's time we tell Earth to take their lies and shove it.

He blasted forward, and out of the bay.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:18 am

Zhelir's eyes left the coordinate display, and looked to a map of the North American continent, his eyes falling on one destination. He opened a new contact to KAden's personal comm.

"Kaden, I'm sendin' the coordinates to meet up at to your comm. We're gunna go shake shit up in the New York Harbor. There's a large military installation, they'll be some of the first on Earth to be getitn' mobile suits when production restarts, I'm thinkin', so I say we go level it."

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:23 am

Wind jolts upwards in his seat as the comm activates, almost scareing the hell outta' him.

Damnit man, can't a guy get some rest? Alright alright, I got'cha'. Things'll be interestin' when you see my new addition to my ship. An you'll be REALLY interested when you see what I got up my sleeve...

He scoots back down into his seat to relax as he shuts off the comm, waiting for his arrival upon Earth.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:37 pm

Zhelir jerks awake as the alert in the suit chimes in, telling him he was nearing the colony.

Jesus, that was a long ride... He muttered, bumping the suit down into the hanger bay. Before exiting the suit, he sent a message to his office. Call miss Korringat, tell her I've returned. He then cut the transmission, and exited the suit.

Not too long afterward, he strolled back into the office building, yawning and stretching. That had been an uncomfortable ride home, but it was well worth it. He entered the elevator and rode to the top floor, exiting and heading for his office.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belle on Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:06 pm

As Zhelir shook her hand, she noticed he had a firm handshake, which didn't surprise her -- it was expected of any leader.

"I take it you are here to enlist?" Belle heard him say. As she began to reply, she was interrupted as the voice of another man echoed throughout the room. She then watched as Zhelir seemed to become irate at what the man was saying.

"Miss Korringat, my apologies, but I have t'leave for a while, urgent business. If you'll leave your number with my secretary, she'll call ya when I get back."

Belle noticed as he said this, he was forcing himself to stay calm. She thought this was a good thing; after all, who would want a leader that couldn't control his temper? She watched as he scurried out of the room as quickly as he could. She followed slightly behind, although at a much slower pace. On her way out she made sure to stop and give her number to his secretary.

When she got home she immediately plopped down on her bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

The next morning she woke up just after sunrise, as she did nearly every morning. She quickly made her breakfast, and began eating. As she was in the middle of this, she was interrupted by the phone. She scurried across the room to answer it.

"Hello?"

It was Zhelir's secretary, calling to tell her he had returned. Belle hung up the phone and finished her toast as quickly as she could. She then proceeded out the door, heading back to the same building as last night.

As she entered the building she didn't bother to stop at the front desk, and went straight up to his office. She once again stopped in front of the office door and knocked three times. Once again she received the same response:
"C'mon in."

She then pulled on the door handle and stepped into the room. She peered around to find Zhelir watching the news on the window-TV located to the right of her.

"Hello again, Zhelir, it's been far too long."

Belle said this with a smirk, once again holding out her hand for him to take.

Belle
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:21 pm

Zhelir smiled as she came in, and to her comment, he replied Trust me, feels even longer t'me. He yawned again and proceeded over to the eastern window, which was wired up similar to a that of a Mobile Suit's viewscreen, in that it wasn't actually a window, but a screen displaying the eastern view, or would normally. For the moment, it was displaying a news feed originating from Earth.

I dunno know if you've seen the news, or indeed if it's even been on the news yet, but last night there was an attack on the New York Harbor. Y'look pretty smart, I'm sure y'can put two and two together. So, as y'can see, we're not affraid to put pressure on our enemies. Somethin' you'll wanna take into consideration if I'm correct in assumin' you're here for enlistment. He took a breath and turned back toward her, and opened up the top drawer of his desk. He glanced down at the recruitment form, then back up to her face. So, what'll it be?

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belle on Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:48 pm

Belle listened intently as he explained what had happened. He was correct in his assumption that she had not heard about it. He was also correct in his assumption that she was here to enlist.

"Aye, I am here to enlist. I am willing to do whatever is needed to help. You tell me to jump, I'll say 'how high?' So, tell me where I need to sign and we should be all set."

Belle
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:57 pm

He smiled. She was a bit more complient than he would have liked, but if he could get her into }{G, he'd have no worries; you learn fast to tell your leader to shove it when you disagree, in that group.

He extracted the papers from the desk and set them before her, along with a pen that had the same silver-inlaid-with-onyx make as most of the metal pieces around the office. He pointed to the respective spots on the paper and marked them with small "x" symbols as he ran down what each blank was for.

x Name: __________ - We'll be needin' your full name here.
x Age: _________ - And I know it's a rude thing to be askin' a lady, but we'll need your age, there, too.
x Applied Rank: ________ - And here we'll be needin' to know what you want to do for us.

He nodded to signal he was done talking, and allowed her to work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belle on Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:00 pm

Belle listened as Zhelir explained everything that needed to be filled out. As soon as he finished talking she took the fancy-looking pen and began filling out her information.

x Name: Belle Korringat
x Age: 22
x Applied Rank Colonial Advisor

She then set the pen down and looked back up to Zhelir.

"Well, looks like everything's all set. Would you like me to give my form to your secretary on my way out, or will you be taking it?"

With that, she slid the pen across the desk, resting it directly in front of him, and once again, awaited his response.

Belle
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:20 pm

I'll take it myself. He replied. But before ya go, there is one other thing...

He looked up from the papers to ensure his door was shut. }{G - that's, 'Hell's Gundams,' I'm curious if you wouldn't be interested in joinin'. To be truthful, SIN, the designation our wonderfully humble leader has given the normal colony military, which stands for Space Imperial Nations, didn't have jack to do with the attack last night. It was the work ofr }{G. Currently, it consists of myself, General Sin, and Kaden, the leader of L5. As should be fairly obvious to anyone who sees the report on the harbor, Kaden and I ain't exactly level headed guys. Sinful is, but only up to a certain degree. We could use someone who's got some true thinking skills, put a little rationale into our group. He paused and took a deep breath, not wanting to have given her a chance to say anything until he had finished. So, whaddya say. Join up with the best of the best?

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belle on Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:07 pm

"I'll take it myself" As she heard him say this, she began to slide the paper across the table next to the pen. She was interrupted, however, by Zhelir, saying there was something else.

Belle was a bit surprised with what he was saying. She would be part of "the best of the best"? She was quite flattered by the request, and there was no question that she wanted to.

"You can count me in." She replied, confident that her decision was a good one.

She then proceeded to, once more, slide her paper across the desk toward Zhelir. From there, she looked back up to Zhelir.

"So, if that's everything, I guess I'll be going."

She held out her hand, once more, for Zhelir to take, smiling up at him.

Belle
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:17 pm

He shook her hand with a grin.

Welcome to SIN, and more importantly, }{G.

He saw her out out of the office before returning to his desk, just in time to recieve a transmission.

He made an odd sort of snort at the end, as though to call the doctor a moron.

He'll be back on his feet in three days, tops. He muttered to himself, before flipping the eastern 'window' back to the news station.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.