Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Bushido Metal

Bushido Metal

a part of “Bushido Metal”, a fictional universe by Baron Fowling.

In a world in the grip of unknowable extraterrestrial forces, superhuman youths rise up against those who would oppress them.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Bushido Metal”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Bushido Metal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Bushido Metal

Okay guys and girls! Right now I'm still uploading the salient information regarding this world and its many superpowered weirdos, but feel free to hit me with whatever questions and, if you're interested, start thinking about your character(s) and how they would fit into this world. Anti-authoritarian vigilante, government superhero, criminal supervillain, defender of law, defender of justice... it is very open! Human characters are welcome as well, naturally.

Uh, yeah. Thread open!

ETA: Here is the thread of World Information, that I'll be continuously adding to as the roleplay progresses, most like.

Lore

And just to clarify, in case anyone was unsure, the roleplay will begin with my main character waiting at his home to meet up with the people who responded to his advert for "Bushido Metal" band members. Anyone who doesn't want to play an anti-authority superhero is welcome to join later on or begin a different thread. I think you can do that. I'm not fully used to the roleplay tab system yet.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Baron Fowling
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Author Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Bushido Metal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:09 pm

Character Sheet!

Description

Name: (Actual name, if you feel like sharing.)
Alias: (Superhero name. Kids, do the mature thing: choose one alias and stick with it.)
Nature: (What kind of posthuman are you? Refer to the Lore thread.)
Allegiance: (Fight the power? It's up to you, guy.)
Appearance: (Height, weight, hair colour... basically what you look like without your costume on.)
Powers: (So, what can you do? What can't you do? And why?)

Personality

(Self-explanatory. But don't feel the need to go into huge detail if you don't want to.)

Equipment

Costume: (This is what we're picturing when you're around, so don't spare the details.)
Weaponry: (Boomerang shield? Magical ring? Hammer of the gods...? Nah, those are all dumb.)
Equipment: (Anything else you use on the job, basically.)

History

(I only want anything here if your character has already been in the public eye for any reason. History that would be known to the paper-reading public, essentially. Personal history can come out during the roleplay, all natural like.)

You will note that I'm pretty easy-going on the history and personality fronts. These are the kind of things that a) I prefer to come to light naturally over the course of a roleplay and b) I get hella tired writing out myself. You can stick in a personality description if you really want, but in terms of history... keep it to yourself, yeah?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Baron Fowling
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:46 pm

I am most definitely intrigued and would love to join. :) I hope you have some committed players join the ranks of the posthumans! I know I will be one of them. Give me some time and I will submit her after sometime tomorrow night or the following day.

I do have one question concerning "The Blind". You put that their supernatural abilities are unknown. Does this mean you can use anything as long as it is not similar to the other two? And as far as the marks go; what do you mean when you say they have a mark from anyone they've interacted with. Does this mean even in conversation, or just in battle? I hate to sound ridiculous, but I want to make sure I follow your ideas as closely as possible. They are fantastic ideas and I don't want to mess them up. :P
Last edited by Lovely VonSchultz on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:52 pm

Good stuff! Yeah, I'd like to see enough people take an interest to get some interesting oppositions and character relationships develop. Hopefully getting the Roleplayers Wanted thread stickied will help!

Baron Fowling
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:05 am

Okay. Seeing that no one has posted here, or submitted a character, I was dubious about joining. I can't pass this up, though. The plot is too great and you've put a lot of really creative thought into it. I must enter a character. If all else fails, Baron, we can 1x1 it? Or I will have just created a super heroine that is wicked cool and I will use her in a later RP. Either way, I'm gaining something from this. :P

Just thought I'd let you know I hadn't forgotten about it! :)

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:14 pm

Thank for your persistence! We'll hopefully not end up one-on-oneing, someone else did message me before about joining, and there's still time for more people to take an interest. (Feel free to let anyone you think might be interested know about it. :P)

I might start writing up some NPCs, too.

Baron Fowling
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:02 pm

Oops, sorry Lovely. Didn't realise I'd not approved your character yet!

Also realised I'd not really made it clear what I'd like the roleplay's starting point to be. My original plan was to begin at one stage with Rock Hard, my main character, waiting in the garage he's rented for "band practice". The people arriving will be those who've seen his advert for "band members", actually meaning people to join his vigilante group. Although as of the point they arrive he's not sure that they're all... entirely on the same page.

Alternatively, I thought a good beginning for the roleplay might be a well-known locally-active supervillain attacking a bank or a museum that's displaying some priceless work of art or something else clichéd like that. :P Rock Hard springs to the rescue before the notoriously slow Freedom League guys arrive on the scene and encounters like-minded crimefighters. Maybe they all have to get bailed out by a more experienced posthuman. Who knows!

Inspiration has suddenly struck. I'm going to write up some NPCs.

Baron Fowling
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:44 am

Crap, this RP already has a robot character..

I'll make a different character later today! I'm new, but I'll do my best!

EDIT: crap the same character is also one of the Blind D:. Stuck on what to choose now..
EDIT2: sod it :< lost my form by submitting an avatar that was 100x101px.

Seirei
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:21 pm

Don't worry about overlaps! She's not... massively robotic!

(The avatar thing annoyed me too. Also the big button at the bottom of the profile screen which, when clicked, deletes all of your writing with alacrity. IT'S RIGHT NEXT TO THE SUBMIT BUTTON CONSARNIT OKAY NOT REALLY BUT I GOT CONFUSED.)

I'm okay. Don't give up, Seirei! Hit me with your ideas, I will be your sounding board.

Baron Fowling
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:45 pm

No worries, I just rewrote the character I lost. Didn't you see it? :D

(It might be a little short, but I think it's an OK decent starting point!)

Seirei
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:56 pm

...I had not! I am bad at this roleplay-running lark. I like this fellow, he is interesting! Approved anyway, but just to clarify: Does Justus require eye contact to affect people with his power at all, or is that just to focus it?

One other issue is that you've referred to posthumans in general as mutants, whereas in fact mutants make up only about a half of all the world's and the nation's superpeople, (others, like your character and Lovely's gain their powers from extradimensional messin' around and such) but that's a semantic issue and not worth holding up your application over. Welcome!

Probably won't get started on the IC for a few days now, it is an important time for my people. (Capitalists.) Merry Winterval to the both of you!

Baron Fowling
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:16 pm

Justus' power is completely passive - the spirits affect anyone around him (in any direction.. I imagined a large room) unless he tries really hard. The eye contact is to attach a spirit, as in, affect a target for an extended period of time without requiring Justus to be nearby. It's actually more of a trigger than a requirement, cause it'll happen even without him intending to. He's a shifty-eyed character though, so accidental spirit-attachment is rare ^^.

Seirei
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Coo', that works! I just sent you a rather hefty e-mail on the subject, something that you can bond with Lovely over in your suffering. :P

It's sort of sad that no more people have come up with radical mutant powers, yet. 'Cause basically in that case the powers can be anything (Marvel mutants style) and if they even asked me where the powers came from I'd just be like "who knows, lol".

How awkward of you. Oh well. It is 1am on Christmas morning here, so I need to head to bed! See you in a few, folks.

Baron Fowling
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Baron Fowling on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:10 pm

Hello all, sorry for the absence! Christmas presents and the new year turned out to be bigger distractions that I'd initially figured. Will get back on the horse with this roleplay forthwith!

Baron Fowling
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:34 pm

No problem, understandable. Patience is a virtue and all that =]

Seirei
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!