Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

California School for the Gifted

a part of “California School for the Gifted”, a fictional universe by yukoman997.

High School for kids with superpowers. Reboot from about a year ago.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “California School for the Gifted”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yukoman997 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:40 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "California School for the Gifted"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

yukoman997
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: California School for the Gifted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yukoman997 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:32 pm

ImageImage

Hero Name: "They call me Ruckus cause I fuck shit up."
Power: "I'm stronger than anyone here."
Second Power: "My senses are insane man. I hear, see, and smell it all, even the bad shit."
Year: "I been here for 3 years."
Sexuality: "Fuck bitches, get money right."

Appearance: "I'm better looking than you. Just ask your mom. She'll tell you about all these muscles."
Deangelo is very muscular. He keeps his hair short. He finds himself attractive, and based off of his track record so do most women.
Height: "Doc says I'm 6'1", but I say I'm 6'3"."
Weight: "220 pounds of rock hard muscle."
Distinguishing Marks: "I got my mom's name tatted on my right shoulder and my sister's on my left."
Dress Style: "I'm fresh. I steal every new pair of shoes that comes out. I usually wear Nike or Jordan sweatsuits and the gold chain my father gave me."

Hobbies: "I like to fight, steal, rap, play sports, and get hoes."
Likes: "I like money and white women. I like drinking and smoking weed. I also like to show you how much better I am than you."
Dislikes: "I don't like snitches, being told what to do, or rich people."
Strengths: "My strength is my strength. I'm really street smart. I'm good at finding my way out of trouble."
Weaknesses: "People say I'm too cocky. I tell em you gotta be confident to make it."
Fears: "I'm not scared of shit."
Personality: "I'm from the streets, and I like it. I don't trust nobody. I don't really care for authority. I do what I want, when I want. I don't care about nobody but my fam for real. Don't cross me. I will fuck you up. I got a bad temper. I'm slick with words. I can talk my way out of any trouble and into any girls pants. Money over everything."
Deangelo is polarizing. He has an innate goodness, but all he has ever known is bad. He flips between someone who helps others and an arrogant kid who acts out of selfish want. He loves few but will do anything for those few. He appreciates the school and the opportunities it has given him. He also resents it, as it is the first source of authority since his father went to prison. His source of bitterness and anger is his parents. His father killed a man. His mother lost all hope and gave in to drug addiction. Deangelo had to grow up fast, and he did. His arrogance gets in the way of so much, but his charisma gets him out of just as much. He is teetering between good and bad.

History: "My story is fucked up man. I ain't never had no money. I grew up in LA. My dad went to prison on a lifetime sentence for murder when I was nine, and I had to run the house. Mom was a drug addict. For the most part, it's just been me and my sis. I figured out I had these powers when I was ten. I went to a gym with my cousin, and benched 250. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy or some shit. I didn't know that I shouldn't have been able to do that. My cousin had to explain. I was used to my senses, but I figured out those were special too. I dominated sports. I played varsity football, baseball, and basketball in middle school. I was the man, but then I got in a bunch of trouble. I was robbing every store on the block. the cops got me one night, and some random man bailed me out. It was Professor Ramsey. He told me about the school. He said that he would cover all of my expenses. He took me home, and he talked to my mom. She was down with it. It got me out of her hair. I didn't wanna leave my little sister, but they let me leave campus to check on her whenever so it's all good. "
Family: "Dad's in prison. Mom's on crack. I got my lil sis to protect though."
Goals: "I don't know what I want from life. I wanna get out of LA and help people for real, but I could be a rapper. Fuck bitches get money and all that shit ya know."

Face Claim: Michael B. Jordan
Post Color: #FF0000

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

yukoman997
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yukoman997 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:35 pm

ImageImage

Hero Name
Flamethrower or Golden Boy
Power
Tobias can summon fire. He can shoot fire from his hands. He can touch fire without any harm to his skin.
Second Power
Tobias can also fly. This power is weak though, and he hasn't yet learned to go high, far, or fast.
Year
Senior
Sexuality
Heterosexual

Appearance
Tobias is tall and lanky. He's not overly attractive. He is clean cut, typically seen with short hair and a 5 o clock shadow. His demeanor is soft. His eyes are beautiful. A striking contrast of grey and blue. People say he 'looks' like a trustworthy person. His skin seems very, very tan but this is the effect of his power.
Height
6'5"
Weight
Distinguishing Marks
He has no scars or tattoos. He has a birth mark shaped like an F on his right pectoral muscle.
Dress Style
Tobias dresses extremely casual. He wears T shirts and jeans just about everywhere. He never leaves the house without sun glasses.

Hobbies
Playing with fire, playing cards, helping people, basketball, training, sparring, being with friends
Fire, people, basketball, training, cards, chocolate, sleep, reading
Dislikes
Water, attention, expectations, loud noises
Strengths
Tobias is very good in all types of combat. It's hard to fight him power to power. He is quick and agile in hand to hand from years of training. He is very studious and intelligent. He is a good friend.
Weaknesses
Water counteracts everything Tobias is. Tobias doesn't do well in front of crowds.
Fears
Water, crowds, not having the approval of his parents

Personality
Tobias is as kind as they come. He is a great listener and advice giver. Everyone trusts Tobias. He is not shy around friends, but he does not like large groups or attention. He enjoys his quiet time. He is a deep thinker. He understands people and the world very well. He is very perceptive. He knows good from bad. Tobias doesn't realize it, but people follow his lead.
History
Tobias has spent a life time in the world of heroes. Growing up, he went to work with his parents. He came to know every known hero out there. They all know him. He is famous, of course, due to his dual super parent birth. Tobias' powers first appeared when he was 5. He burned his dog for biting him. His parents began training him when he was 9. Professor Ramsey was there when he was born, so it was no surprise when Tobias received his letter. He was already well in control of fire. He was also good in hand to hand combat and worked well with weapons. He excelled early on, and he remains at the top of his class. In his sophomore year, he discovered the ability to fly like his mother. This power is very weak, and he strives everyday to perfect it.
Family
Father: Frank Simmons AKA The Golden Man
Tobias' father is responsible for saving the world on two occasions. He can summon a gold body armor and control fire also. He is one of the few super heroes that are known to the world.
Mother: Angelica Simmons AKA The Angel Lady
She is also a known superhero. She stood along side Tobias' father in both world saving scenarios. Afterwards they married and had Tobias. She can fly and is skilled in hand to hand combat as well a with any number of weapons.
Both parents are key figures in the Heroes Alliance. They both attended The California School for the Extremely Gifted, and graduated 1 and 2 in their class.
Goals
Tobias wants to make the world proud. He knows he is expected to be as great as his parents, and he intends to be so.

FC: Theo James
Color: #400000

yukoman997
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:39 pm

Just wondering, but why did you put your CS here?

Also, I'll resubmit my characters by Tuesday at the latest.

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonNue on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:51 pm

I submitted my character before the rules were updated, so I wasn't aware a face claim or post color was needed. I've edited my application. I personally think faceclaims are rather restricting, but I went snooping and found a decent match to my potential character. Is there anything else I need to change? Also, do I need to do all the fancy coding? orz

MoonNue
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yukoman997 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:57 pm

@losttsoulbleed I posted my CS here to show what they should generally look like
@moonnue fancy coding is not required. Your character looks solid.

yukoman997
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonNue on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:13 am

Awesome, thanks! :) Looking forward to playing!

MoonNue
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LivyGrey on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:39 am

just ignore me sorry xD
My Little Tumblr Blog
"It's better to burn out than fade away,"
-Kurt Cobain

LivyGrey
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonNue on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:10 pm

When will this be starting?

MoonNue
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:34 pm

So glad this is back. Wonder if anyone else from the old roleplay will be joining us.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yukoman997 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:36 pm

I'm not quite sure. We need several more characters. I'm not getting near the interest that I got last time, so I am not sure.

yukoman997
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:49 pm

Well if need be I'd gladly make a few more characters. At least one would probably be a villain mostly because they are so much more fun to play than heroes.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonNue on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:43 pm

This site seems to be pretty quiet, but I think we should be good to go with the characters we have, right? Maybe more people will join as things start to roll.

MoonNue
Member for 9 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yukoman997 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:10 am

I'm honestly in no hurry.

yukoman997
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:57 am

You guys should check out this rp too
roleplay/time-is-on-my-side

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yukoman997 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:31 pm

I've decided to let this sit for about a week. Please don't be impatient. It will come, I promise.

yukoman997
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Slybop on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:08 am

Saw this rp link from the other one, looked cool. Made an alternate version of my character here. Hope I get accepted.

Slybop
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:16 am

Haha! It worked! xD

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby greenmousee on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:24 am

I have decided to join up again, maybe this time i'll actually get a chance to RP with my beautiful character. C:
girl almighty

greenmousee
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yukoman997 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:45 am

I'm gonna put up a character relationship sheet on Sunday. We will start during the week. Thank you for you patience.

yukoman997
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!