Call of The Pirate Flag | (Closed)

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

Call of The Pirate Flag | (Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:10 am

"Stop thief!"

There were those words again. These guys should have known by now that no simple human could stop Jack. Of course, he had many things to thank for that. Every since Jack was a child, he had dreamed of one day becoming a pirate. However, unlike everyone who seemed to want to become King of the Pirates, he wanted to have the highest bounty in all of the world. He wanted to be the rarest catch of them all! This would be pretty difficult for just any human, however, he wasn't just ANY human. At a young age, he had ate strange fruit that was given to him but an old friend. Of course, he was a bit unsure about eating it but now he was glad he ate the Devil Fruit. The name was called the Hurt-Hurt fruit and it cause Jack to never feel any sort of pain what so ever. From cuts and gashes to broken bones and ripped off limbs, it never hurt. He could even take off his own arm and put it back with feeling a thing. However, he wasn't immortal so if he bled out too much, he could die.

He snickered and huffed as he dashed his way through the crowd. Shouldn't be too hard to lose the Navy. They were a bunch of slobs anyway. The only reason they came to Bunker's Island was for a pit stop anyway. Bunker's Island was quite small and usual boats came by to stock up and leave. Not many stayed and Jack was one who seemed to want to head out as well. He had spent so many years of his life here and now he was a man and wanted to adventure on his own.

He took a quick right turn and stood completely still listening to the footsteps of the Navy continuing past. He broke into laughter once he knew it was safe and wondered his way into Snicker's Tavern.

Jack hummed as he strolled his way over to the counter and sat down next to a stranger. He knew the owner quite well. A nice old lady in fact. She sighed. "Jack. You shouldn't be stealing from the Navy you know. Goodness your such a trouble maker."

He smiled and happily kicked his feet from the stool he sat on. She handed him a nice glass of milk and as he drank it, he looked over to the stranger he sat near. His eyes began to widen. "W-Woah! A-Are you... A pirate!"
Image"The answers in the stars...."HEY YOU! CLICK THIS

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

C O S M I C
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Call of The Pirate Flag | (Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:27 am

Gray eyes, tired and worn, made their way to Jack's. Despite the hotter climate of the island, he wore a heavy parka, zipped all the way up, with hints of a dark turtleneck beneath it. He stared at the other in silence before hmphing, waving his hand for another glass silently. As it came within reach, he snatched it, downing the clear alcohol and slowing to a sip before putting the half empty glass down. His shoulders slumped, his eyes returned to the drink in front of him. Who was this kid to ask if he was a pirate?

"Know where to ask your questions, kid," the man replied, staring at the sway of the liquid. "There's Navy everywhere, aren't there? 'Course, I could get them all in a fight. Then again, don't feel like it." His eyes turned over Jack once more, seeming to have seen some horrible things. After a bit, he let out a dry laugh. "You know what, why the hell not. Yeah, I'm a fucking pirate. Sailed across an ocean or two, beat up some seadogs, hunted for treasure or something. Forgot what." He pointed a gloved finger at the younger man. "Listen hear, numbskull. You don't want any business being a pirate or anything. I'm probably going to have to stow away on a boat to get out of here. Luck hasn't run out yet." The man downed the glass before rising, dumping money and a little extra on the counter. "Keep the change, lady. You had to listen to a dead man's tale."

He walked out the entrance, hands stuffed in his pockets and head held down. Memories of how he used to be like that returned to him. Huh. How weird it was to think that that would have been that hopeful for the best. Then again, the other had just said a word. "Probably saying this because he looked funny. Or I'm drunk and I thought him up. Heh."

"You there! Stop!" The man turned at the voice, seeing Navy personnel beginning towards him. "You! Pirate!"

"Well, damn. Thanks, kid. Now I gotta fight."
The starting point in a fall cannot be pinpointed. It is impossible.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ArabiaKnight
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:37 am

Jack gasped slightly and smiled hearing that the man indeed was a pirate. This was amazing. It was like encountering a celebrity even if he didn't know who this guy was. He glared slightly however at the insult and soon warning to not become a pirate. Who did this guy think he was?! Once he saw the man was leaving, he blinked blankly and quickly jumped out of his chair.

"Hey wait up!"

He called out before running out. He stopped and waved good bye to the tavern woman before continuing to follow.

"Hey wait don't leave yet! I have like a bunch of questions!" He said before puffing his cheeks. "And I'm not a kid! I'll prove it too when I DO become a pir-."

He paused noticing the Navy approaching. He could have sworn he lost these guys. No matter. This shouldn't be too hard to get rid of.

"Heh. Fight huh? I bet I can take out more of them than you can old man!" He said as he rolled up his sleeve. His aura completely changed as if he had become someone else for a moment. That was usually a sign that he would be using his powers in a fight.

C O S M I C
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:49 am

A hand smacked Jack's head, a cold feeling spreading from the area that was hit. "Idiot," the man scolded. "Don't call me old. Don't get into useless fights." He turned Jack around, pushing him back to the tavern. "And don't try to become a pirate. Not as great as you think it is."

Just as Jack was pushed away, a gun fire went off. The man lazily allowed his gaze to return to the Naval officers, one of whom had let off his gun from recognition. "Y-You're..."

"Yeah? What am I?" The man challenged, turning his body towards them, hands still in his pockets. "I'm under arrest? Fat chance of that happening. I'm a pirate? Former pirate. Can't sail when you don't have a ship."

"You're... The Ice Dragon..."

A cruel grin broke out across the man's face. "Didn't you hear me? I'm not a pirate anymore. But, if you're asking for it." He threw an object through the air, the appearance looking extremely similar to a bomb. Panicked, the Navy officers ran for cover. As the projectile hit the ground, smoke filled the vicinity, blocking any chance of sight. An arm wrapped around Jack in his blind state, whispering. "Let's get you out of here, kid."

Jack was lead out of the smoked area to the beginning of the docks. The man leaned against a pole, pulling out a canister and drinking from it, returning it once more to his heavy parka. "All right. Now, leave me the hell alone, kid."

ArabiaKnight
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:57 am

Jack blinked blankly as he was struck. He felt nothing but still was confused from it. He growled angrily as he was pushed towards the tavern. "Old man! Quit it we gotta fight these navy guys!" He said before pausing and listening to them.

The Ice Dragon?

Why did that name sound so familiar or at least ridiculous. Was this guy some well known pirate or something. He paused and smiled seeing smoke begin to fill the air. "Woah woah. What was that thing?" He said before feeling a arm around him and being taken off. He wiggled a bit before finally he was let free only to see it was a Navy officer but instead the guy.

He smirked and folded his arms slightly. "Listen old man, I'm not a kid ok? Your talking to the guy who's gonna be worth the MUST berries in the world." He happily struck a pose. "Jackson the Ripper is what they will call me! And I'll be worth 600 million- no, BILLION berries! Yeah yeah!"

He smirked happily. "I'll be even cooler than you. Mr. Vice Daggen or whatever your name is." He aid while smirking and poking at the man's parka.

C O S M I C
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:08 am

"You're an idiot," the man replied, slapping Jack's hand away. "An absolute clod. You honestly think that it's all fun and games? Dealing with the military as your enemy? Having to fight for your own life? You go to where you haven't but when you're done traveling, what then? You don't know what you want to get into, do you?"

With a groan, he slumped, head down and trying to do his best to convince the other the truth. "Listen, I have luck on my side and in all honesty, it's gotten me here. Dead drunk in... Where the hell even am I? What is this place? See, I don't even know where I am." His gloved hand ran through his hair. "There are some things not worth wasting your life on. Being a pirate is not one of them."

A distant gaze turned towards the ocean. "You give your life for adventure and it dumps you in a mess. My own crew decided to drop me off at one of the islands after I stole something for them. Wasn't any use anymore. That's the only reason people would know that name. Hell, it's not even MY name."

His eyes turned to Jack, a cold expression glowing in them for a moment. "So don't call me Ice Dragon. I don't like it. I used to beat the crap out of my own crewmates if they called me that because they know that name came from something I didn't want to do. So I'm going to leave and you ain't gonna follow." With that, the man straightened and headed for the town again, hands shoved in his pockets, grumblings muttered in his mind.

ArabiaKnight
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:24 am

He glared feeling the slap to his hand and hearing the males story. Wow this guy was depressing. He rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around his other arm before quickly ripping it off as if it were nothing. He hit the male on the head before restoring his arm back and moving it a bit.

"Stop hitting me! And let's get something straight. Dragon or whatever the hell you are."

He then began to face towards the docks letting the small breeze flow against his face. He took a deep breath and smirked. "I know it's dangerous and I know my life could be at risk but my dream is what I live by. It's all I've got left..."

He gulped and glared. "And I'm not giving up no matter what! And you know what, it's your fault for being with such a rude bunch of pirates anyway. If you were on my ship, I'd treat you very well in fact." He said before smirking. "After all we gotta respect our elders anyway~. Hehe!"

C O S M I C
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:45 am

His eyes widened as the kid just ripped off his arm and hit HIM with it. Oh, hellll no. "Devil fruit," he whispered under his breath. So that's why this kid thought he was invincible. Jack as trying to see himself as the pirate king, Luffy. The man stared at him in shock before taking a deep breath, eyes closed, momentarily, before turning on his heel and looking the other way. "Kid. Just give it up already. Men can dream but that ain't going to get them anywhere. Find a different dream, a safer and saner one. Dreams are going to crush you if you hang on too tightly."

Anger entered his eyes for a moment when the other accused HIM of being in the wrong crew. He hmphed. "You leading a pirate crew? Please, don't make me laugh. It's a stupid thing to waste your life on."

He crossed his arms, staring at the town to see if any other Navy officers coming their way. "I'm going to find a boat. I'm getting out of here before those seadogs find me." As was the case when the island he was on found out who he was. He didn't want to get caught again. When he was dumped in jail... Unwanted thoughts entered his mind.

'They had only said it was a simple task... Now look at me.'

"Go home, kid. Don't hang out with old people." He began to walk away.

ArabiaKnight
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:51 am

Jack gasped slightly as he heard the man. He was almost as if this man never dreamed at all. He lowered his head and gripped his fists. He wouldn't give up no matter what. He had a promise that he had to keep and he wouldn't give up until he finally achieved that goal. He quickly ran back up to the man and growled.

"I'm tired of your shit!" He yelled out. "You know what! I challenge you to a fight! If I win, you have to apologize for everything you said ANNND you'll have to join my crew." He said with a smirk. He then folded his arms and puffed his cheeks. "If I lose, I'll say sorry and you can have my ship. Is it a deal geezer?" He said while glaring.

He didn't know why this guy got him riled up to much but he knew that he wouldn't let this guy get away with talking down on his dreams.

C O S M I C
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:01 am

The man stopped, staring at Jack for a moment before hmphing. "Kid, I don't have any will to fight anyone and I don't want to be in a pirate crew. See how I just turned my tail and ran away from those Naval officers? I'm not looking for fights. I'm looking to just get on with my life."

"THERE HE IS!"

"Shit," the man muttered, seeing the Naval officers coming once more, this time in a higher multitude. His teeth ground. "Don't follow me!" He commanded, running off in the opposite direction down the docks. 'Ok, luck, don't fail me now.'

ArabiaKnight
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:07 am

Jack growled angrily and stomped his feet. "You damn Navy Officers! Always ruining things!" He said before turning towards the officers that were approaching. He lowered his head and sighed before smirking. Something about him had changed. His voice seemed a bit deeper and his stance firmer. It was as if he was someone completely different.

"You all sure know how to ruin a guy's day don't ya." He said before quickly ripping into his skin pulling out a few of his bones completely sharp. The officers stopped in fear.

"H-... He's got devil powers!"

Jack smirked before dashing towards them. The battle wasn't that interesting. In fact, it wasn't much of a battle at all. A pile of slashed naval officers laid before him completely in defeat. Soon Jack began to come back to himself and slump over.

"Ah! No way, did I take from my spine again?" He mumbled slightly before forcing the bones back into him. He stretched his back and smiled once he could stand up right again. "Nice... Now to find that geezer!" He said before dashing off. Once he began to see the guy in sight, he glared and yelled towards him.

"Hey geezer! They aren't chasing you anymore for being a pirate. Slow down!"

C O S M I C
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:18 am

"Insufferable little brat," he commented from his place. The man was sitting on a rock in the sand which blended in pretty well, giving the appearance that he was still on his feet. "Don't fight battles I don't want to fight. It's not worth your time." That said, the man reached into his jacket and pulled out a cigarette and a lighter, about to light it before stopping and putting it away. "Should watch my matters. No smoking around children."

The man stared out into the waters for a while, silent and not speaking at all. His eyes glowed a tinge of orange from the sun's rays, his mind distant from where ever they were now."Kid," he finally spoke, disrupting the thin veil of silence that had been slowly growing. "You don't need to bother with an old man like me. Go look for some fresher blood. If you want to go be a pirate, do so with the warning I gave you. But honestly, I don't find it worth the time."

His eyes stared to the ground, seeing shells dotting the sand. He picked them up lethargically, just throwing them back into the ocean only to see them return seconds later. He didn't seem to mind all that much. After a few tosses, the man stood again. "I'm leaving whatever island this is for whatever other island I can get to. You're about as much of this island as I can take."

ArabiaKnight
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:26 am

After finally catching up with the man, Jack huffed lightly and glared. He began to walk closer and closer to him until they were only inches apart.

"I don't care about fresh blood or whatever. None of that matters!" He said while pouting slightly. He gulped and puffed out his chest before smiling. "Your a real pirate and I can learn a lot from you! I know you want to forget all about your other pirate life but come on! Simple living isn't exciting! You'll get bored of it within the first two years."

He lowered his head. "All my life I've lived on this island in the middle of no where. Same faces same places and everything. Nothing new. But then I met you and that's a sign that this is destined!" He said with a smirk. "So if your leaving, you might as well leave with me geezer!"

C O S M I C
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:33 am

A groan emerged from him. Didn't this kid know when to give up? He closed his eyes, hoping that by satisfying the brat's request he'd (1) get off this weird hunk of dirt and (2) possibly get him off his back by showing how disinteresting he was. 'He'll see I have nothing to teach him and give up. Simple as that.' Taking a breath, the man nodded. "Fine. I'll go with you. But don't go giving me all this bull crap about destiny and shit. If destiny made it, I'd beat up IT'S ass."

He looked over to Jack tiredly. "Don't think I'm part of your crew or something. I'm not. I'm just going on for a ride, pay you back for whatever you did to the seadogs to get them off my back. I've lived a whole life time of nothing so I don't think I'd mind another few years of peace." The man rolled his shoulder, lifting his chin. "So, where is your ship? We need to have one if we're leaving."

ArabiaKnight
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:39 am

Jack smiled wildly and quickly wrapped his arms around the man hugging him tight. "Thank you!!!" He said happily while laughing. He then let go and began to jump up and down. This was going to be great. "Ahhh!!!" He said before taking a deep breath and huffing. "Ok i'm cool i'm cool."

He really wasn't. He was extremely excited. He finally had someone to journey with and maybe if the guy liked it, he'd stay for good? Yeah, that had to happen! He turned and pointed to the largest ship in the dock.

"That one right there. It was my pop's ship but he gave it to me before..." He shook his head. "Anyway, what are we waiting for eh... Wait what's your name?" He said before smiling. "You know mine so why not introduce yourself to your captain huh~?"

C O S M I C
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:11 am

His eyes widened as his body was seized and shaken up and down in this thing called "excitement". The man groaned with anger, frustration, and plain old grumpiness. His palm went on the other's forehead, pushing him away. "Don't touch me. I'm not your friend. I'm not your crew mate. I'm just someone who's getting a ride."

When Jack pointed to the large ship, his eyes widened a bit in surprise. How could just one man man that whole vessel? Then again, the other seemed to be everywhere at once. Wasn't too implausible.

When the other asked for his name, he hmphed. Should he really? It's been a while since he's used his name. "Harding," the man revealed, eyes on the ship. "Gurion Fredrick Harding." He began to the ship, hands still in his pockets. "Let's get off this god forsaken pile of dirt." Another hmphed escaped him." I've grown tired of it. And don't call yourself captain. You don't even have a crew yet, you landlubber."

ArabiaKnight
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:36 pm

He snickered lightly as he heard the males name. "Hehe... I'm gonna call you Hardy." He said before climbing into the ship. He went to the rubber and began to back the ship out of the harbor. This was so exciting. "This is amazing! I can't believe it's finally happening!" He said before pausing.

The man was right. He had to gather a crew. "Hmm. Yeah yeah. We gotta get some more people! Let's see.. I guess a navigator couldn't hurt... Maybe a cook. A marksmen. A doctor. And the most important thing!" He said with a smile. "A musician! Don't wanna get bored out there hehe."

He began to turn the ship around waving goodbye to the people at the harbor. He would be back again some day, however, hopefully his bounty would be a interesting number by then.

C O S M I C
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:53 pm

"Don't call me Hardy. That name is stupid. Call me Gurion if anything." Nevertheless, Gurion followed after Jack to the ship, climbing aboard and looking at how empty the ship looked without a crew. Jack would have to gather one eventually.

'At least he knows how to drive this thing...' Gurion muttered in his mind as they left the safety of the harbor. He half-listened to what Jack was saying before registering something with shock, looking over at the one controlling their vessel. "You need a navigator?!?! Are you telling me you don't know where we're going?" Of all the fucking places to be, he was in a boat with someone who didn't know what he was doing? "Where's your map? Your compass? Fuck, tell me you know what a sextant is."

ArabiaKnight
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby C O S M I C on Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Jack hummed as he listened to the man's freaking out. He then glared slightly. "A what?" He said before shaking his head. "Geez. I didn't know you were like THAT old man. You perv." He said before humming. "Don't have a map. But I know the closest island is Geumo. Annnnd it's that way. Whatever way that is."

He pointed towards the distant sea. There seemed to be nothing but water all around. He snickered. "As for how long it will take, well, who knows! But that's the fun of sea voyage right?!" He then began to laugh happily. He then smirked.

"Don't worry ya old perv. We have enough food and stuff to hold out. But if we run into the navy, were probably gonna have to fight'em off! So, try to keep up."

C O S M I C
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArabiaKnight on Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:30 pm

He was going to have a fucking heart attack. "You IDIOT!" Gurion shouted at him angrily. "First off, a sextant is what navigators use to NAVIGATE. Second, how the hell do you not have a map? Third, ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE? We can't just sail until we hit an island! We have to know where we're going or we might hit rocks or get sucked into the ocean! You call yourself a captain but you don't even know what you need to pilot a ship?"

Feeling a headache coming, Gurion rubbed the gentle area of his temple. Ok, calm. "You said this was your father's ship. Does he have a study in here? I might be able to find navigation tools of some kind." It looked like he was going to have to make sure they didn't get killed...

ArabiaKnight
Member for 6 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!