Announcements: Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Universe of the Week! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Week Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

D&D 3.5e or 4e Campaign!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

D&D 3.5e or 4e Campaign!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Okay basically, I want to have a solid group that meets at least once weekly (Preferably weekends)

I've never DM'd before but I'd be more than happy to try my hand at it, as I have a bit of a campaign idea going.
I mean unless someone actually wants to be the DM, in which case I owe you my heart.

I've discovered this amazing program called OpenRPG, its a virtual table top. I'm still figuring it out but__
PM me if you're interested, or post on here.

Lotsa Love,
Fae
"Pain is madatory, Misery is Optional"

Well, we can't salute ya, Can't fly the flag. If that don't suit ya, well that's a drag!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaeFire
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: D&D 3.5e or 4e Campaign!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:04 pm

I'd definitely be interested, though it depends on what kind of schedule we're able to put together, but I'd LOVE to get realtime D&D group going (since I don't have anyone around IRL).

I'm most familiar and comfortable with 3.5, and if we use those rules, I'd be willing to DM too.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shanatos
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jo_Tunn on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:43 pm

I would also love to join.
Hard work never killed anyone, only boring work.

Jo_Tunn
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IronPhoenix on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:40 am

Sounds like a great Idea to me. I'd offer to be a DM but someone else already has. I'd also be more comfortable with 3.5 I think, from what I heard 4e wasn't as popular.

IronPhoenix
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Lovely guys. Remember to spread the word! Tell your friends from this site or not. For now we go by the more the merrier policy.

FaeFire
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:36 am

I could try picking up a few people, though it might be easier if we can pin down a specific time slot.

Shanatos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Sure, I'd be best available on weekends like saturday and fridays night after next week would be great for me. And we are doing a 3.5 game for sure.
Thanks for all the support guys,

Fae

FaeFire
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:31 am

FaeFire wrote:Sure, I'd be best available on weekends like saturday and fridays night after next week would be great for me. And we are doing a 3.5 game for sure.
Thanks for all the support guys,d
Fae

Friday nights after next week would work best for me as well. I work Saturday-Sunday nights, but I hardly ever work Fridays, so I'd easier be able to reserve them off.

So yeah, sounding awesome so far. I'm kinda hyped for this.

Shanatos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:33 am

I'd be very interested. I should be free Friday nights, most of the time.

Kædai
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:20 am

What timezone?

sparkleshine
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Setsugie on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:01 pm

I would also be able to play on Weekends If you guys let me that is, id also prefer 3.5 . OwO
With the Regret of Ambition in my left hand and the Regret of War in my right I beseech thee, Goddess... Lead me to a Glorious Victory!! And see before you the True Incandescent Lion!!!!

Setsugie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:30 pm

There are three questions I've learned to ask before diving into a 3.5 game:

-Starting level
-Desired alignment of party en masse (if only to facilitate party cohesion)
-Source books permitted (core books, Complete series, Magic Item Compendium, psionics, incarnum?)

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:07 am

I'm guessing we'll decide that after we figure who exactly is in the group.

It'd be nice to get a bit more feedback from FaeFire on it.

Shanatos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Okay! Hey Folks! Sorry about that been pretty tied up recently.
But so to answer these questions.
I'm in the EST.
Alignment of party-Personally I prefer parties that's alignment can be explained. An Evil character could very well work with a good character if their goals are shared at the moment. Ex.A bad guy might be trying to stop another bad guy from taking power so he can, while the good guy is stopping for the good of the land etc. Kinda things.
Starting Level is up to the DM once we figure that out so are the source books. However I would strongly recommend that all the Player Handbooks, the Complete <Insert Here> series, the Arms and Equipment guide are all permitted at the very least. The rest is flexible and I wouldn't mind much.

Again guys thanks so much for the support! Can't tell you how much this means to me and its good that I managed to run into such a good batch fo people.

Much Love and apologizes for my schedule,
Fae.

FaeFire
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:07 pm

More news time children!

Right so some things! My apologies for the forum beind unavailble for a few days however we have decided to make a RP tab for this game of ours it will not require approval. Ill be sending all of you a PM with the link to the RP tab!

Lotsa Love,
Fae

FaeFire
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:53 pm

Since I will be DMing I am qualified to answer these questions:

qbsuperstar03 wrote:There are three questions I've learned to ask before diving into a 3.5 game:
-Starting level

It's not finalized, but probably Level 3-5.

-Desired alignment of party en masse (if only to facilitate party cohesion)

No alignment preferences, but no Stupid Evil, Stupid Good, Lawful Stupid, or Chaotic Stupid if you get my meaning. So, party cohesion will be defined more by character personality rather than alignment.

-Source books permitted (core books, Complete series, Magic Item Compendium, psionics, incarnum?)

I'm open to just about anything. WotC stuff is preferable for ease-of-use reasons. I'm more interested in character-concept and working the written rules to fit the concept, so I'm also open to minor customization and have relaxed views on what I consider "fluff" requirements on classes and such.

Races will probably be more restricted, though, depending on what everyone wants to play.

I will refuse anything that I think will break the game, obviously, but I prefer to put quite a bit of trust in my players.

More exact details will follow once Fae and I get this set up.

Shanatos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:21 am

oh my god

OH MY GOD

DnD stuff with Shanatos? Count me in.

Except that I haven't touched DnD in a long time, so I'll be somewhat rusty. But either way, consider me interested.
fisssh

Zetta
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:05 am

Zetta wrote:oh my god

OH MY GOD

DnD stuff with Shanatos? Count me in.

>:D

Except that I haven't touched DnD in a long time, so I'll be somewhat rusty. But either way, consider me interested.

I'm pretty rusty too, since I haven't played anything except play-by-post in quite awhile, and we're hoping to get this as a real-time, so it'll be interesting.

Shanatos
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:28 pm

FaeFire
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamerXx on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:06 pm

is there still room for any interested people?

I D&D on a semi regular basis as a PC and DM with a large group of people if that helps! =^_^=

I'm a Dreamer, Poet, Lover, and Friend, and I will always have open arms.

DreamerXx
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!