Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

can i join

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

can i join

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamcatcher on Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:24 pm

can i join

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dreamcatcher
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:38 pm

What is it that you speak of?

o__o

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:19 pm

NO!

*Slams the door in his/her face*

[/sarcasm]

I suggest reading around some more and grasping the general idea of what's going on. If you want some help, I can answer any questions you may have. Many others can too. Almost all of us here are very willing to help newcomers, just ask.
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:52 pm

He lies! We punish and kill you!

*karate chop* HA!

Now really? What do you want to join? The roleplaying? The community? The factions? The veterans group? The news channel? hmmm...?

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:27 pm

Damn...I thought I posted in here.

Anyway, thats the great thing about this place, YOU get to choose and except if you really annoy and don't follow the rules you won't be bothered to be forced to do something.

Read around on all the roleplaying going on. READ. I stress again, READ. I know its alot and the rp has already started but if you got any questions ask the people you see roleplaying, but don't do it in the topic. >_>; They might kill you and such. Then just leap in like you've been doing the thing forever.

~Ciao! Hopefully you get it! :)

Oh if you want to know where you need to start off, look at the dates. :)

I am also recruiting a reporter, REPORTERS ARE THE COOLEST. w00t...and you will get to know what WLTFUU is. XD So join me.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:31 pm

Let me try to get across what I'm sure the other posters are dancing around flat-out saying.

This is an RP site. This means, you need to learn how to RP. Step one, is refining your typing. Complete sentences, FULL words ('you,' not 'u') and correct grammar are a start.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:56 pm

*smacks Zhelir*

Don't scare them away!

Jeez.

JOIN THE NEWS CAST! :) Oh and we need to move this. Oops...Zhelir m'dear? :) pweez?

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:58 pm

I'm sorry, did I miss the day in school that said 'if you just think really hard on something, someone else will get the point'? The guy's got some things that need to be worked out. I'm not insulting him, I'm giving him direction, which will do him a lot more good than pussyfooting around the subject.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:18 pm

Damn. You all really need to brighten up. This place is not going to be fun if we don't lighten up. Seriously. -_-;

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:24 pm

Alright, I've avoided making this kind of post, and Master, if you feel it's overstepping, feel free to delete and/or correct it/me.

I'm speaking, as an Admin trying to give help to a new member, instructionally. I'm telling him what he needs to do to get along around here, seeing as you thought it might be better for him to not do squat about it. So, I'm just gunna out with it: Shut the hell up. I'm helping him, not you.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:53 pm

You are not ovestepping considering you are an admin and i'm just a regular member.

I'm speaking, as an Admin trying to give help to a new member, instructionally. I'm telling him what he needs to do to get along around here, seeing as you thought it might be better for him to not do squat about it. So, I'm just gunna out with it: Shut the hell up. I'm helping him, not you.

You are not merely helping but being rude and very insulting. Yeah admin or not you can still offer your help without finding ways to get upset and mad at a person. I think you might just be mad at me, but whatever. I also did not think it better not do squat about it. I gave him the best possible advice. By reading, he not only understands whats going on but he can learn from the best and use the ways of rp he has seen. Thats why I also said see an admin about it, if he couldn't find all that he needed. You can help him and i'm not going to shut up about it when you approach something the wrong way. Kill me.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:36 pm

Hijacked thread?

Urm... if a quote isn't from the topic poster, and your only comment is towards that person and not the person who started the topic, chances are, it should be taken to messenger, PM, or the Flame Wars. I hate cluttering up people's topics that are asking a valid question. Not taking a side here in the least, as you both have points, but here is not the place.

Other than that, yeah.

Dreamcatcher, just look around, watch how people do things. The best way to learn is to do, though. Don't be discouraged when people correct most of the things you do. However, you should take heed and improve everything you can. People tend to condescend upon those who don't attempt to show some sign of intelligence. Start with using capital letters at the beginning of sentences. Start doing everything your English teachers ever told you.

I'm not too satisfied with this post. Ping me if you have an issue, any of you.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:38 pm

Meia, Zhelir's doing the nice thing.

If this kid posts in an RP thread like that, he's gonna get hit so hard with my Bad-RP'ing stick he'll arrive at Boot Camp Two weeks beforehand.

He really does need to start writing like he's typing something for a class, not a message to his buddies on his cell phone.

I'll give him the chance to volunteer for RP training first. If he declines and makes a shitty post, he's getting beaten.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreamcatcher on Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:48 am

i know how to rp im veteran over over 40 many have disappeared and i have my own.

dreamcatcher
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:39 am

The first thing to make us believe you do indeed have any skill at all when it comes to role playing is to at the very least make the effort to type out your sentences with full complete words (Not "txt" talk, unnecessary "1337" talk, and no god damn AIM abbreviations). More importantly than that, PLEASE USE PUNCTUATION! Maybe you didn't see it the first three or four times the other people said it, but now you can't miss it. Just slapping a dot at the end of everything you say isn't going to cut it.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.