Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Can Someone find Him a Home. Character for Hire.

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Can Someone find Him a Home. Character for Hire.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThunderHammerOR on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:35 pm

My character Vellg needs a home, he is my favorite, and he is willing to work.

Race: Anthros - animal resmebling humanoids

Name: Vellg Waterhound (His first name is all that was given to him, the second is what humans call his tribe.)

Age: 77 in human years, to his people Vellg is still in his prime, they aging much like dogs.

Personal Appearance: Male. Vellg's people resemble a hybrid cross between a wolf and a shark. Vellg himself resembles a tiger shark bearing black stripes all along his body and arms. He sports shot of Black hair that runs from his forehead all over his ears and down his back to the small 6 inch dorsal fin. The hair is long and a bit oily, giving him a bit of a wet dog smell when he is soaked. Vellg is 6'9" and ways around 245 pounds, his skin is a dark blue and has the same properties as a sharks skin of many overlapping razorblade thin scales. Vellg is Warmblooded so his skin is warm, he also doesn't need to be wet his people being fully amphibious having both gills and lungs. Vellg's gills are located on his neck which is a bit longer and thicker than a humanoid should have. Vellg's Body is lithe, his muscle definition pronounced but not huge, he is lean having the body of an athlete or hunter. Vellg's arms or disproportionately long his hands and fingers also being long, ending in slightly curved stubby claws. Vellg's legs are about the same length as his arms ending in long feet with normal toes, when Vellg runs his heels come up displacing his weight on his toes and digging his claws into the ground. Vellg's face is peculiar, he has inquisitive eyes that look down a long shark like snout, his teeth are very wolfish with large incisors and massive K-9's. His ears are long and pointed much like a wolf's, pink on the inside and covered in hair, they are adorned with wood and reed piercings. Vellg Has a keen sense of smell but also senses the electromagnetic pulse of a body through his nose, he has good eyesight even in the dark, and he could hear the pen drop on the floor above him. Lanky, with pointed joints Vellg is distinguished most by his voice, if his appearance alone isn't a bit startling. Having both lungs and gills Vellg's voice has a deep graveling growl layered underneath a wheezy sounding mid pitch making it sound as if two beings are speaking as one.

Alignment/Personality: Chaotic Light, Vellg follows his heart not laws.

Background: Vellg was born in a small village along the southern coast, a few days journey form the City. His people are hunter's and fisher's a few are even pirates. Overall they are a noble people known for there minds and there unique talents to be able to work on both land and in the sea. A Wandering Scholar came through Vellg's village, Vellg was intrigued and left in the night, he misses his family but does not wish to return.

Class: Keeper - Keeper: Former wordsmiths who have only their skills of being the ultimate masters of stealth with them. They can use spells of the word if they get into a truly dangerous situation, but at the end of the day, their greatest power of is their skill with bow, sword, and mace. They are keepers of the shadow and able to stay within it at all times.

-Abilities/Skills: Vellg is a skilled hunter and tracker, he melts into shadow, and can seemingly disappear in thin air. Vellg can move swiftly underwater or on land being able too breathe in both atmospheres. He can smell much like a Wolf or Shark, he also sense the electric pulse in a living beings nervous system this ability is amplified by a medium, weaker in air but strong in water sensing up to a hundred feet away in the later. He has normal vision, but excellent hearing on both land and in water.

-Specialty: Vellg is a master with a Katana, he has had a personal one made that has a fist guard.

-Magic/Inventions/powers: Vellg was once a Wordsmith, so he retains his ability to use and manipulate word magic, to which he used to be very good at. Word Magic is it's own language and takes much longer than arcane magic to prepare. The ingredients are special types of paper, special quills, and extraordinary inks. Most Wordsmiths or Keepers have many spells prepared and read them aloud to unlock there power.

-Proficiency: Vellg is a master of Art drawing vivid pictures that almost seem to bare emotion. He can cook at a basic level, preferring his meat raw. Vellg is a bit of an idealist and a diplomat preferring to manipulate rather than threaten, or convince rather than force.

Equipment: A heavy trench coat, a decorated breastplate which grounds electricity, Ice,and flame magic. A helmet which protects his nose runs up between his eyes halos his hair and locks onto a metal collar that has grates to protect his gills. He wears a shoulder plate on the outside of his jacket. A thick leather belt adorned by a silver buckle holds his Katana hung from two clips. A pair of soft soled sandles that his toes hang over.

-Equipped Appearance: Vellg's Helmet has three spikes at the top, the helmet clamps too his collar which is adorned with angels and dragons, the grating hiding his gills and protecting them. Vellg wears his coat everywhere he goes, it has many pockets that he hides his spells and other tools in, and dampens the noise of his body. The shoulder plate is a mark, he has written on it, "Not Bound By Your Word," it is what he last said before he left the order of the Wordsmiths. Vellgs Breast plate is adorned with two wolves holding a V between them. He wears no shirt underneath it, and tries to keep his movement as unrestricted as possible. Vellg wears a pair of trousers that come down to about the top of his shin, and his sandals are to protect his feet from the trash of the city, he would much prefer to feel soft earth under them.

History: Vellg left his village in the hopes of finding new and wondrous things. What he found was more than he could have ever imagined, the inventor he had traveled with was only stopping for a short time so Vellg went to find a new life. He was blinded by his wonderment and before long found himself working as almost a slave on the docks. Vellg was very smart but very nieve he kept the books for the harbormaster, and settled disputes between captains after reading the laws there were arguing over. A passenger ship once came in transporting ink, Vellg was ordered to take it too the institutes of the Wordsmiths. When Vellg arrived he was once again amazed, he was shown to the stock room and set the ink down. A Master of the order was in the stock room as well, he was muttering to himself about the properties of fish bones wondering if he used one as a quill would it be too flexible. Vellg gave the Master his answer, stating that a rib bone yes but not the last bone of the spine. The Master was pleased will Vellg and took him in, teaching him the Art of the Wordsmith and training him in the arts of the sword and stealth. Vellg's Magic training went incredibly well for his unique voice added power too his spells, the language he wrote and spoke recognizing too voices not just one. Many years later Vellg was a prelate in the order, an uprising within took the life of his master, Vellg re-swore allegiance too the new master but was treated like a dog. Vellg plotted his revenge for a little over a year, diving into his studies and perfecting his training. He had his armor and sword specially made, and when the time came he cut his way through the order, he found the master hiding and through his unique being sensed him out, and overpowered him with his magic. Vellg left the order in the hands of his Masters dearest friend, refusing the mantel himself. Vellg now spends his days in piece on a boat anchored at the dock, he has converted it to his training and magical needs, and even grows grass on one of the decks.
"Sarge, is it man's nature to be evil, or are we essentially good, and corrupted by desire?"

"Good Question, Smitty. PLA-TOON, TEN-HUT! On command, you will consider this question! PLA-TOON! PON- (wait for it!) DER!"

The men of the 3257th Philosophy Battalion (the Descartes Demons)

Ajax Cathal - The Golden Doors
Ivan Diesel - The Marked Ones
ORMARR the Red Scourge - Silverwood Tavern
Baku Kojiro - The Broken Clan

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ThunderHammerOR
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Can Someone find Him a Home. Character for Hire.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu_Saiashi on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:02 pm

*raises hand* I can has character? :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ryu_Saiashi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThunderHammerOR on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Let me clarify, I am not giving my character away, I am trying to find someone who wants this character for their RP, but I will be playing him.

ThunderHammerOR
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverStar89 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:22 am

I would love to do a private role play with you. I'm literate and have some good plots so send me a message.
The world is like an oyster with a precious pearl inside. Let's not break it open with force but with gentle co-operation.

If I'm not replying as much, its because I'm currently back at college, so have more work to do.

SilverStar89
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThunderHammerOR on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:41 am

Thanks but no thanks, I don't really like private Rp's.

ThunderHammerOR
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryu_Saiashi on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:59 am

Oh, my bad. ^^; The title of the thread mislead me <.<;

Ryu_Saiashi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!