Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Candle Light

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Candle Light

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:35 pm

Back in Miranda's room, Blight was currently sprawled out on the floor Breathing hard. He had been trying to kill the teasing fairy that was assigned to the room, "Did you have fun?" by his siblings, if he still had his crossbows he would have made the fairy into a pincushion by now, "Fuck...you..." the anomaly managed to get out between breaths. The fairy just laughed at the boy's predicament.

Slowly getting up, the boy noticed the door had reappeared again. Thanking Father for whichever one of his siblings put the door back, Blight made his way on over to his freedom, "Oh? Going so soon, you sure you don't want to stay a little longer?" the fairy asked, before the young deity gave her the bird.

Exiting the room Blight noticed Miranda was waiting for him, she looked taller than normal. Looking down he saw that he was still de-aged. At least he had his weapons again. Looking to the group he only had one thing to say, "Firs' pers'n who laug's is gettin' a silv' 'rrow up da ass." with his high pitched voice and small size, Blight's threat was more cute then terrifying.
You have opened the gate to hell, and unleashed Misery upon the world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:31 am

'Commandor midget reporting for duty' - While everyone else in the corridor laughed, Mirandas face stayed serious. In fact she was nearly crying, as she hugged the boy tightly. "Why didn't you tell me..." - Miranda managed to form a sentence. Her shaking voice was very quite - nearly a whisper. Blight noticed his guardian angel trembling slightly. They weren't separated even for half an hour and there she was engulfed by fear. What happened in 'his room', that made her worry that much? To her the concept of 'fading' was totally new. "You live, you die, you are reborn, you become an angel or demon - but to simply vanish, being forgotten by everyone - this is just cruel. - she thought, still holding Blight in her arms - hugging him even stronger. This was not anybodys fate - she was talking about the person, her soul was linked to. "From now on, If...If there's anything important, tell me anytime - please!" - she let go, after being satisfied holding Blight for some time. She kneeled to look the boy straight in the eyes: "This, i found in your room..." - she showed him the book titled 'Regrets and Sorrows'. "I don't remember you writing it, since you were introduced to me." - the angel looked at Blight, as if asking for his permission to read. Blight nodded slightly. Miranda opened the book and started to read out:
If you happen to have a riddle for me - i will gladly accept your offer

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:46 am

"Taking a deep breath, pain filled my entire body. Slowly opening my eyes, I see the fire eating away at my home. A fitting end, no? You may be wondering how I got to this point, well...that's a long story. Oh, I haven't introduced myself have I? My name is Sebastian Duskwalker, and this is my story I guess. Well, I'm going to skip most of the beginning, nothing too important there, born to a wealthy merchant of a father and my mother a baker. Had a kid sister too, all in all life was good.

We were never hungry, never in a financial ditch, and we were well respected. Perfect childhood right? Wrong. My father had a gambling addiction. Literally bet that my first words where going to be da da, what was up for grabs? ME! He bet ME! My mother wasn't to happy about that and forced him out of the bet. Thank goodness too, since my first words were dumb ass. Mom said she had never seen a grown man cry for as long as he did. But his gambling went too far one night, made a bet with the wrong people. He lost everything, well I lost everything to be more exact.

They burned down our house in the middle of the night, mom and dad didn't make it. I was able to get out with my little sister in my arms, but when we were taken to the local healer...well, I may have protected her from a majority of the fire, she had inhaled too much smoke. She didn't make it through the first hour of treatment. In the span of three hours I lost everything.
All because my dad loved gambling over his family. But it's what happened after that set me on the road to the predicament I'm in now...
" Miranda read the first chapter of the book as Blight listened, trying to make good on his threat, only to miss and the bolts flying passed their heads. He remembered this book, well he remembered thinking about it. The anomaly never actually got around to finish it.

Blight had thought of the story after he had almost faded, the timeline would erase the memory of him, but if he made a book than he would have something to be remembered by. Only the pawn realized ,before he could even start to write the first page, that a paradox would occur and the book would never have been written, since he would be erased across time. He thought about the paradoxical nature of fading, but left it be. Putting the crossbows away he started to walk to the door with 'Darkness' as the name plate, "Com' on. We stil' nee' to ge' tha' book." the grey pawn spoke before he knocked on the door. Hearing the sound of something moving, Blight put a hand on one of his crossbows. If the director was hostile, then Blight wanted to be prepared.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:32 pm

"...Sebastian Duskwalker..." - Miranda narrowed her eyes, Image looking at Blight: "How come? Did you change your name to run away from your past? ... Poor soul - there is no need for you to suffer anymore. Let the past rest in the past. You need to start to live your own life - not beeing haunted by the shadows of the time. Otherwise, you'll never truly live, being bound by your own restless mind" - Miranda closed the book, looking at the boy. Blight on his part was moving towards the door with 'Darkness' inscription on it. Arriving, he proceeded to knock, which was immediately responded to. The sounds of the opening locks echoed through the corridor. Shortly afterwards, the door slowly opened, making a loud creaking noise. Behind the door a large hall could be seen, with a single man floating in the air right at the center. Words of never seen language were floating around him, seemingly introduced through magic. The man was pretty young to resemble the typical appearance of a principal. He was reading a book, with his cold eyes moving from one line to the next. "Welcome to my humble cabinet! Please take a seat - i'll attend to you right away " - he said without averting his eyes from the book. To his left about ten chairs were arranged for the guests.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:40 pm

Blight's eye narrowed at the seats, and the floating language. He was put off by it all, but he looked back to his group and patted one of his crossbows gently while nodding to discreetly convey his message, "Do what he says, but stay on your guard" The group moved to sit in the chairs, not surprising that the anomaly was having trouble getting into the chair, he was only a head taller than it for siblings sake!

Miranda helped him on to the seat, much to his dismay. He was a very independent person, even as a kid he hated to rely on the help of others, even hating owing someone even more. Still had to repay that cat for all his help. Now he had to repay Miranda for all her support...damn that was a lot of favors he owed her. After all were seated the group just waited and followed the grey pawns lead, who knows what this man is capable of.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Miranda helped Blight to get on his chair - somehow, she couldn't feel otherwise but to find it adorable. Then suddenly a loud noise echoed through the hall. It was the man in the center, closing the book. After this, all the magical writings disappeared in a moment. They seemed to be drawn into the principal, as if he was expanding a field outwards while reading. The principal stopped to float, elegantly landing on the floor. After a short look towards the visitors, he slowly moved to the table placed before the audience of the waiting and took place on the principals chair. Crossing his fingers before his mouth, he made a thoughtfull pose while coldly starring seemingly past the group. To the visitors it appeared as though he was thinking of what to say, before actually speaking. Then suddenly his voice broke the silence - he was speaking in a calm and thoughtfull manner:

"Please excuse the inconvenience - i am well aware of how precious time might be" - his eyes stopped at Blight, as he pronounced the word 'time'. "Now since you're first time visitors, allow me to introduce myself: I am Aeon - the master of knowledge and the principal of this little construct you would call a 'library'. Pleased to meet you! Well now you are here, meaning you must need something. In fact, this is a second visit this century - things must be getting busy. How can my humble existence help you? "

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Blight's eye narrowed at the principle's small jab at him, or what he thought was a jab that is. When the anomaly head they where the second group here put him even more on edge, "We lookin' fo' ah book, 'ame of 'Eternal Conflict'. 'Ear of it?" Blight's voice, while young and, in his words, squeaky, carried the amount of professionalism that was to be expected of someone in his line of work.

The older man sat back and mused to himself, 'The Eternal Conflict' was one of his favorite books after all. He would need to know the reason behind the boy's answer, "Tell me, why do you wish for that book?" the principle's eyes gained a calculative nature to them. The grey pawn didn't flinch as the man's gaze rested on him, "Two reasons first, and most importantly, my siblings are having a bit of a feud at the moment, and Father wants me to play mediator to defuse this conflict before it gets out of hand." Blight spoke evenly, his current way of speaking pushed through the broken way of his childhood, "Secondly..." holding up his left hand to show the grey pawn symbol, "I would like to know what's with these symbols."

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:21 pm

The principal listened to the questions Blight had for him without any sign of being told something new. In fact, he already knew why the visitors came in the first place: "Like moths flying to the light... Don't you think, knowing too much is fairly dangerous? For after the first allways follows a second. But it seems you're well aware..." - the principal turned around and reached for a book, which he placed on the table before him. The book itself was pretty thick - a heavy read seemingly. Blight wouldn't have had the time to read it at the moment. But it seems, the principal knew where to find the right information, as he was fairly familliar with the contents.

"You have a rather fine taste on knowledge, i must say. 'Eternal Conflict' is one of my favourits - but it's a pretty long story as you see... So why not see it with your own eyes - just tell me a passage - a bit of knowledge - you're interested in. About the chess game... we shall talk later. " - the principals eyes went up to the visitors again.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Blight's eye maintained a steady gaze, unwavering even, to the principle, "Why are Anima and Enigma fighting? What point does it serve? And most importantly, how do I knock som' senc' in ta their fuckin' hea's?" the anomaly's speech slipped during his last question, he REALLY wanted to beat the shit out of his siblings for all the undue stress they put on him. Maybe that's why they wanted him to join their side, if a family member were to pick a side the favor would be tilted into that sibling's favor.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:19 pm

"Anima and Enigma... - i shall refer to as White and Black. Despite their looks - they are far older than you might think. First things first - the 'Eternal Conflict' is a war of contrasting thought constructs within the Source. Did you ever wonder what happens, when a god has contrasting thoughts? What happens when a god is unable to decide, resulting in him not being able to solve a problem, which he can not overlook either?

The answer is cruel, but simple: he separates the contrasting thoughts from him and let's them fight it out. Did you ever hear, how in the beginning there was the Source? And how it was the only being in existence? The Source was a very complicated construct with a lot of contrasting thoughts. Each time a new problem occured, the contrasting thoughts were separated form 'Grandfather'. That is how you and your simblings where born, brother. Each one has a counterpart, they are predestined to fight against and to kill in a war. Black and White are the oldest ones, tasked to deliver an answer to the question of existence itself. Should the humans, heavens, hell, or anything at all beside the Source exist in the first place? When this question occured, they were born and the Eternal Conflict started.

With them however, another being came into existance. The cat was representing a thought of doubt about the question of existence itself and was cast out due to its rebellious nature. What a fitting form, don't you think? Ever heard of 'Schrödinger's cat'? To put it simply, Black and White are not the only possible answers to this question, but Grey also. Can you imagine something existing and not existing at the same time? The imagination of the Source was truly fearsome...
" - The principal closed his eyes for a second - he seemed to be thinking of what to say next.

"I believe, the winner returns to the Source after killing his nemesis. Nemesis, but also a simbling - who would want to return to the thing, making you kill your simbling? But than again, we are only personifications of contrasting opinions of the Source - would it be even counted as a death if we are killed? Hmm..." - the princippall fell into a deep thought, seemingly forgetting the visitors.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Taking a deep breath Blight couldn't help but feel pure and utter rage at the info that was given to them, "So you's tellin' me dat da only way to stop dem is by killin' one or both of dem, is dat right?" a few stray thoughts wandered into his head, if the Source made deities out of a question, then what question made him? Did he also have a counter part? Shaking these thoughts out of his head Blight refocused his attention back to the principle.

Whatever the older man said when he snapped out of the trance he was in was lost on the anomaly. Due to a sudden wave of tiredness that swept over him, he didn't know why, his body just suddenly decided that sleep was a very good idea at the moment. Curse being turned into a child! They can't stay awake for very long. With Blight's natural energy consumption it's a wonder he didn't pass out sooner.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:11 am

The principal interrupted his thought process on seeing the anomaly falling asleep: "Stop them? No it isn't the only way... There were more 'questions pronounced' by the Source. But what happens, when you question the questions themselves? The cat managed to resolve some conflicts, without a simbling being killed. He did it by introducing an idea of separation from the world, using a 'Contract' to achieve the compromise between the two counterparts " - the man pulled out a scroll and showed it to the visitors. The first thing Miranda noticed, was that the contract was sealed for all eternity, without exceptions. The Master of Knowledge and the Master of Fates signed the contract in a mutual agreement, based on their free will - both agreeing to restrain from interferring with the human world.

"Well, as you see - not answering the question, whether there should be knowledge unaccessible by the Source for all eternity is an option too. We constructed this place together - disconnected from the the realm created by the Source. However, even here we had difficulties to 'accept' one another, so we decided to bind ourselves to specific rooms. You might have met the Master of Fates on your way here.

It was a clever turn by the cat, since the Contract ensures your separation from the Source for all eternity. We are not the only ones. There are other simblings, who signed a simillar Contract. As more and more simblings decided to sign such Contracts, there is something like a counterpart to the Source itself building up. In the case of Black and White however, the cats attempts constantly failed. Their selfishness terminates any desire to have a compromise. If you want to stop them - you'll have more luck in trying to stop the Source itself. But you cannot do it alone.

However it seems, the Source allready predicted that possibility. The time anomaly was born alone - without a counterpart. For what 'question' to solve - even i, the Master of Knowledge, do not know. At this point, i have to assume that he is the counterpart to the Source itself. There is no other reason for him to be born without a counterpart at a time like this.
" - the principal seemed to be unsure - a rare sight, indeed.

Miranda was quite confused about all the revelations: "But you said, the simblings are predestined to kill each other - how can one kill an immortal being?" The principal took a look at Blight, before continuing...

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:33 pm

"That is a very simple question to answer, with time. Time can kill anything, if someone lives forever then time kills their perception of it. One eon may feel like a day to them, the years mere seconds. They would be trapped in time itself, vulnerable to the damage it causes." the master of knowledge looked back to the sleeping anomaly before continuing, "A time anomaly however, is stuck outside the flow of time. It can change how time acts, and can change whatever Fate has in store. The Source knew this so that is why we have one in our presence."

Blight was softly snoring as Miranda and the rest of the group looked at said anomaly. The grey pawn could make time bend to his will? To most of them, this was new information, to Miranda how ever, she already knew he could slow time for himself, even go back a bit. But from what she gathered, Blight could affect others as well. Did he know and just not care? Or was he like them, not aware of the power he can use?

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:17 pm

"You can trap it in time - but you won't kill it. However i doubt it would work on the Source itself, since it is also outside of any timeline. Except for the Source itself, there was a way established to kill an immortal being - one of the contrasting simblings that is. The game of chess was introduced by the Source to speed up the Eternal Conflict. Every participant will be marked with a chess figure of a special colour. Chess figures can slay other figures even if they are immortal. They'll have no luck with other immortal beings however. Upon one side losing all figures, the Conflict ends. The victor is declared to have the right answer to the posed question by the Source. All i know is that the victors disappear - where to - even i don't know. Perhaps they are absorbed back into the Source. So overall, i know of three ways to stop the Conflict:

1.) Let one of the simblings lose all figures and be killed,
2.) Get the simblings to sign a Contract and
3.) Eliminate the Source - you'll have to find out how on yourself.

Maybe there are more ways, i didn't consider. The cat surely surprised me with the Contracts. Now - the Epilog is about to start. You have to go! Never forget, we will be there whenever you decide to take on the Source...
"

After the principal finished speaking, absolute Darkness engulfed the surroundings. After a few seconds the visitors found themselves before the entrance to the library. Quite strange -everyone kept wondering, if all they experienced was even real. All, except for Blight, who slept through the half of the conversation. Looking around, Miranda noticed their bodies were back to normal. Blight was still sleeping. Miranda noticed a book laying on his chest. The title was written in silver letters: "End of the Source"

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:51 pm

Darkness. That was all Blight saw after he closed his eye to sleep. He wasn't dreaming, that's for damn sure but at the same time he wasn't sleeping either, "Where the hell am I?" his question was answered by a flash of light, splitting his vision in two. Half the area stayed in darkness, the other was flooded with pure white light. The anomaly was stuck in a patch of grey.

Out of the light he saw Anima enter as through the dark Enigma came skipping in, "HIII! How awe you little bwothew?" Black was waving like a mad person as she jumped up and down, White just shook his head at his twin's antics, "Greetings younger brother." Anima nodded to the younger of the trio, who's right eye was twitching out of annoyance at his older siblings antics.

Quickly moving, he grabbed both Anima's and Enigma's heads, smashed them together, and started to thrash them around, "DO YOU TWO KNOW WHAT KIND OF STRESS YOU'VE PUT ON ME?!!?!?! FATHER WANTS BOTH OF YOU TO STOP, BUT DECIDES INSTEAD OF DOING IT HIMSELF, LIKE HE SHOULD, HE WANTS ME TO DO IT!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD THAT TASK IS?!!?!!? I SWEAR I'M NOT EVEN A CENTURY OLD AND YET YOU TWO ARE ON THE WAY TO GIVE ME HEART PROBLEMS!!!" the anomaly continued to thrash them, until the sound of a throat clearing made him stop and turn. Standing behind the pawn, in all his cat like glory, was the contract dealing cat, "Can I help you?" Blight's response was very casual, as he held his siblings by their collars. The twins had swirls in their eyes as they groaned, Blight maybe the younger of the three but damn did he know how to give a thrashing.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:03 pm

The cat didn't show any reaction to the scene: "Yes you can indeed - if you would kindly stop those childish fantasies and get to work! This place is not for you - you have still a long way to go - wake up!" - Blights vision got blurry. Mirandas voice is what he heard the next moment, lying on the ground before the library entrance: "Wake up!" - she was shaking him, as he finally opened his eye. Miranda however didn't notice it. Her eyes were closed, as she put even more force into shaking Blight awake. A bit more and Blight could pass out again...

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:55 pm

"I'm up! I'm up!" Blight now knew how his siblings felt after his thrashing, "Uhgg.." swirls appeared in the grey pawn's eyes after Miranda stopped shaking him. After a few minutes of recovery, and of hearing the white pawn apologize over and over again, the bounty hunter was back on his feet.

Looking down, Blight saw a book, 'End of The Source', interesting. He would have to look through it when he had the time, but for now he had to consult with his guardian about what happened after he feel asleep. He also noticed that he was back to normal, thank Father, he had no desire to walk around as a child. One go through puberty was more than enough for this time anomaly, thank you very much. Thinking about it, he should also check up on Alexis, see if her condition has improved.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Blight took a look around. The village seemed to be as usual - nothing changed. The people were slowly recovering from the incident at the plaza. The anomaly could catch a bunch of happy faces too this time around. Then his gaze returned to Miranda.

After apologizing about thousand times, Miranda stood up - Imageputting a little smile on her face: "So, what are we going to do now? Honestly i'm a bit happy about leaving this place. At least talking to the Master of Knowledge was quite enlightening! - Though 'somebody' slept through it like a little baby..." - she looked away, as if searching for the culprit. "Many interesting things - things we wouldn't know otherwise..." - she kept mumbling, looking at Blight from time to time to catch his reaction. Not seeing any reaction, she got a little angry and a bit more serious: "Important things! Things, not going to solve themselves on their own..." - she said, looking Blight straight in the eye. Her
behaviour seemed indeed a bit childish... or was she serious?

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Blight looked a bit confused at his guardian, "Umm, Miranda? Are you feeling okay?" he tentatively asked she might have hit her head during his nap....oh. OOOHHHH, "Um...oops?" Now he realized where she was going with that, and the look on her face, "C-come on now, n-no need for violence, r-right? J-just fill me in on what I missed and...OH SHIT!!!" he slowly started to back away from the angry pawn, before running like Hell was nipping at his heels as she charged at him.

It took two hours of running, and one hour of beatings, before Miranda had calmed down. Sadly Blight laid comically on the ground, twitching randomly from the brutal beating he just took, "Ow, was that really necessary? I think you cracked a rib...yup, definitely a cracked rib...ow..."

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:46 pm

Miranda watched Blight running about five meters and falling on the ground afterwards - striking an odd pose:
"Ow, was that really necessary? I think you cracked a rib...yup, definitely a cracked rib...ow..."

"You sure have a colorfull fantasy. If only you would use it in the right way..." - she sighed, taking place on the ground near Blight. As a guardian she was unable to do him any harm. It seemed the anomaly really fell asleep, instead of faking it. In this case all Miranda had to do is to sumorize the conversation with the Master of Knowledge in her own words:

"It's funny how i can remember everything happened Image to you, but you cannot see my memories, hehe - maybe it's for the best. You remember the story from the church of how at the beginning there was a Source? - It appears you and your simblings are parts of this Source. You were separated from it for a single purpose: to solve a question, it couldn't solve. Therefore each of you has a nemesis: a simbling representing an opposite opinion on the answer. You on the other hand were born alone, which perplexed even the Master of Knowledge. His only conclusion was, that you must be the nemesis of the Source itself..."

She looked at Blight, before continuing telling him the rest of the story. It took them quite a while to get to the same level of knowledge and understanding of the situation. Miranda however, enjoyed talking to Blight. She couldn't do it for so long, before the contract was formed. She thought of herself to at least being useful by covering for his weaknesses. That's why she remembered each bit of the story after seeing Blight falling asleep. She concluded the storytelling by mentioning the most important facts: the chess game and the three possibe courses of action, mentioned by the Master of Knowledge. She also added, that there could be more and that some of the simblings weren't fighting anymore and offered to help anytime Blight decides to take on the Source: "That's what this book is for!" - She pointed at the book with the title "End of The Source".

"So, what are you going to do now? - You lead, i follow!" - She gave Blight a smile, telling him, that only he can solve the question posed by the Source. At the end she proposed not to wait for the cat, but to act on their own ideas: "He will find us, if he needs to - i wouldn't worry too much about that..."

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!