Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Candle Light

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Candle Light

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:04 pm

"Every life on this plan is like, that of a small flame. As easy as it comes, it can leave all the same. Some, have turned this into a way to get land, mostly by war, others away for easy money, either by bounty hunting or assassinations, and a very few take that light out for no reason at all. They have no remorse for what they do, they either enjoy it, or they feel nothing at all. But even rarer then that, are those who kill just so they can protect what is..." The figure didn't bother to finish reading, as he closed the book and threw it into the fire that once was some mansion for some pompous noblemen/lady, "Killing to protect? What stupidity." the figure said, his voice carried about the same amount of emotion as a brick wall, no offence to the wall of course, "If you fight for others than you'll just end up dead." the figure shook his head to clear his thoughts, before he turned around to walk away. The inferno shedding light on to his features, his hair was raven black that was slicked back a bit on his right side, with his left bangs hanging a bit in front of his face, tied into a medium ponytail that rested a bit below his upper back. He had an angular face, not too thin but not round either, just like his build, that of a swimmer. His left ear had three piercings, one smallish ring at the top of his ear, and two at the ear lobe. His right eye was a deep amethyst while his left eye was a paler shade, with a scar that ran down from right under his eyebrow to the middle of his cheek. His face showed nothing as he walked away from the burning building, "What will you do? When the Blight comes for you?" Blight said as he walked, going to find his next bounty.
You have opened the gate to hell, and unleashed Misery upon the world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Candle Light

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:22 pm

"And yet it takes only a small flame to start a fire" he heard from behind, Image feeling two animal eyes starring at him. As he turned around, he saw a black cat on the roof of the burning building thoroughly eyeing him from a distance. After showing off a disinterested gesture the cat proceeded to clean itself seemingly not fazed by the situation with it's smooth fur glittering in the moonlight with every movement.

"how very rude of you - indeed!"
If you happen to have a riddle for me - i will gladly accept your offer

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:20 am

Blight narrowed his eyes at the talking cat, "Rude? 'Rude' is only how one perceives what they do not find to be 'well mannered'. So, to me the one who lived here that decided not to pay me for the bounty I collected for them is, to me, rude." he wasn't the most happy at not being payed, but it always works out in the end, "Some may call you rude for eavesdropping or watching me without my knowing." the one eyed bounty hunter turned to the left, keeping his one good eye to the cat until he completed the turn, and started to walk again. He just wanted to get to town so he can get some sleep at a tavern before going for the bounty.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:40 pm

Image"Wait! - I swear by the old geezer up in the heavens: there should be
a limit to how tactless a person can be
" - frawned the cat.

" Whern't you just planning on leaving me here on the burning roof
- and that after burning down myau lair, on top of myau favourite
book not to mention.
"

Dark shadows started to envelop the cats body, it's eyes gloving green
in the darkness of the night. The cat seemed to be preparing for some
hasty move. After taking a short run the cat jumped from the roof,
dissolving in shadows.

The next moment the shadows began to concentrate on the ground
right before Blight. Reaching maximal density the shadows desolved,
leaving the cat on that spot.

"I'm quite sensitive to fire, you know? - Seeing witches and
warlocks burned alive by some peasants - quite unpleasant
experience indeed!
" - added the cat, looking upwards.

"Nyaw said that, allow me to introduce myauself. The name is
"Mephistopheles". I would scratch it on your face, but it seems
you already have some ... reminders. However since i'm a well
mannered cat - of a rare breed i should add - i would rather
prefer a more ... polite tone
" - said the cat making a proud gesture.

"Since you burned down my lair, i've nowhere to go and nowhere
to sleep nyaw. For that i demand food and shelter hooman! - Ah
- and when im bored, i would prefer a fine read
"- the cat added
jokingly, obviosly expecting an answer from Blight.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Looking down at the cat before he continued his walk, he wouldn't tend to this cat, demon, thing. No one can control a blight, and he is no different, "Find someone else to do your bidding." he kept his left hand by the hand held crossbow at his waist, it was simple in design, the frame was made from ebony wood with silver accents along its handle. The bow arms where made of steel, and can fold into itself for ease of storage. He had an identical one strapped to his other hip, and both use bolts that are silver tipped. He would not hesitate to shoot this cat if it stood in his way again.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:10 pm

ImageThe cat sat still on the spot, watching him leaving - until he was
gone completely.

"So young - yet so low on time... and so full of pride!" - the cat
murmured to itself, remembering Blight putting his hand on the
crossbow.

"Heading straight for the most dangerous sin, without
mastering the others - not my playfield it seems.
" -
sighed Mephistopheles, turning his head to the burning building.

Watching the fire, memories of the time living in this place
flashed before his eyes : Hopefully the kind lady is alright -
losing a house is still better than losing your life...
He took a little bow, thanking the lady and wishing farewell.

Need to moove, if i don't want to die of starvation. Suddenly
an image of a fish appeared right before his eyes:
the marketplace!- if i remember correctly... - Mephistopheles
started making his way to the marketplace through the dark
streets of the nearest village. Arriving at the fish lady's stand,
he snatched a fish, showing high skills of going unnoticed.
Maybe it was due to his shadow manipulation, maybe due to
his long life experience in surviving on his own until the lady
took him in. Eitherway, stealing it was too easy, considering
the gamblers, witches, thiefs and assassins usually do their
business in the darkness of the night. The streets felt unsafe -
as they where suspiciously empty this night. Mephistopheles
decided to look for a hide out - quietness! - calm before the
storm? - or another fatefull encounter?
Last edited by Red_Cardinal on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:12 am

It wasn't long after Blight left that thing, no way in hell was was he going to call it a cat, before tapping into his ability. Which was being able to alter time around him, he can slow it to a crawl, time moves slowly for him where one day can feel like a year if he keep time slowed, which can disorientate him for a couple of hours, but time moves at the same rate as everyone else, or if he gathers enough time energy he can go back up to 5 minutes. This will usually leave him drained so he can't do it to often, the recharge period is three days so he uses it only when he has too. Time slowed as he walked, to the out side observer he was a indistinguishable green blur, moving fast. Images of his past and his future self where coming out of his body like they where trying to escape, before being sucked back in as he walked, "So little to do, so much time to do it."

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:17 pm

Sadly, the cat couldn't find any shelter. All the doors where closed
tightly - as if the people were scared of something out on the streets.
This isn't good- concluded Mephistopheles looking for a place to hide.
He started to run. After a while he spotted a dark narrow alley:
filled with trash- but enough to hide - he thought after jumping
around the corner of a building. Hiding behind a trash can, he
dropped the fish on the ground getting ready to feast.

"Well well, if it isn't my old friend Mephistopheles!" - he suddenly
heard from behind. Hearing the familiar voice the cat sprung turning
around and carefully backed off, creating a small distance:

" Lethaniel! ... One of the churches high councils, so far from
the capital- just to visit my humble existence? Which unlucky
circumstances do i owe the honor?
" - he knew that "friend" very
well: rising from a simple priest right to the top of the high council,
a dangerous and cold calculating monster - yet still very logic
oriented, allways acting strictly according to the rules.

"Still a stray cat i see - well as expected of a lesser demon"
- Lethaniel proceeded, his eyes piercing through Mephistopheles's
very nature - like a beam of light through the darkness. To create an
escape possibility Mephistopheles moved slowly to the side - only
to find Lethaniel immediately blocking the gap.

"Well life is hard - a cat does what it can. Maybe you would like
to take me in
".
Hearing that a wide smile appeared on Lethaniels face:

"Say Mephistopheles, did you kill somebody within the last twelve hours? " - Lethaniel narrowed his eyes.
Last edited by Red_Cardinal on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:47 pm

It felt like days, but Blight finally made it to a tavern. Letting time go back to normal he sat at one of the tables, waiting for the disorientation to wear off. Everything felt weird, everyone was speeding around him into blurs, Blight shut his eyes tight waiting for the feeling to pass. After a few minutes he slowly opened his eye to see that everything was going at a normal speed, getting up he made his way on over to the bounty board and started to look over which target to go after next, "No, no, defiantly not, like hell, too easy....ah, haven't had one of these in awhile. Might be a good challenge." ripping the bounty off it's nail Blight turned around to leave. The blight's eye was set to consume someone from the high council.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:02 pm

"Say Mephistopheles, did you kill somebody within the last twelve
hours?
" Hearing that Mephistopheles understood - the councils target
wasn't him. Poundering a bit, remembering whom could he have killed
- not much came into his mind. Well, there were only Blight on one
hand and ... indeed far more suspicious : the fish lying on the floor
- he "met" today.

"I ... I didn't meant to... really!"- he said moving his eyes to the fish.
After following his gaze the high council stood up making a angry face
followed by a disappointed look:

"Useless as ever, i see - talking about useless: if you would excuse
me ... i need to look for my partner
" - Lethaniel turned around,
starting to leave.

Image"Useless"- he said. Showing up, disturbing my meal - the high councils
position might have gone to his head
- thought Mephistopheles,
picking up the fish.

"Very humbling - your honor ... going out of your way -just to
see me: makes me not so "useless" sometimes i guess.
By the way - regarding your position - maybe, next time you
should pick a more suitable place to meet an old "friend".
"

Lethaniel turning around: "Not befitting my position? ... forgive me, i forgot about my surprise - befitting an old friend of course " - a smile appeared on his face as he proceeded to whistle. Soon enough three people appeared. The first one was a giant full armour Warrior - for more heavier targets Mephistopheles guessed. The second one seemed to hold a bow in her hands - this must be a rogue of some kind. The third one gained Mephistopheles full attention: a hooded man - poison dropping from his daggers- ah - an assassin. It seems Lethaniel gathered rookies for a demon hunter team.

"I hope my surprise is to your liking" - Lethaniel said, leaving the alley. Mephistopheles was hungry and in no mood for a fight - fighting he considered an occupation for brutes. Holding the fish in his mouth the cat jumed on the roof of the building and ran for its life. While he ran an arrow managed to strife him, leaving a wound. After some time , however, he managed to shake them off.
Last edited by Red_Cardinal on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:18 am

He looked at poster again, it was dead or alive, Blight always chooses dead unless he owes a favor to someone, the location of the bounty drop off, typical, no name on who sent the bounty though, odd but not unusual, the name and image of the target, he wasn't even going to try to pronounce the targets name, and a small description containing essential details about the target, they where apart of the high council. Though it would seem that luck was against him, for the two hundredth time, as when he looked up from the bounty who is it he sees, but that thing he had meet earlier, with a small wound but that was irrelevant, "The odds of us meeting again was 1:100. Do I even want to know what happened?"

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:16 pm

The odds of us meeting again was 1:100. Do I even want to know what happened?

Mephistopheles dropped the fish out of his mouth: "Oh heeell no -
you're not stealing my meal
" - he hastily hides it in the surrounding
bushes - but returns to Blight afterwards. "Don't worry about the
odds - i've allways considered me a lucky myaw. As for if you
want to know: most likely not, ... but i'll tell you anyway:
"

"You must be very lucky yourself, considering you've met myaw
before walking straight to your death. The village became a
dangerous place - with two of the high council investigating a
murder case. Lethaniel might be civil, but you better not meet
Gregory.
"

" Ah - also you could meet some rookies looking for myaw humble self ... and yet i did nothing wrong - how rude of Lethaniel putting rookies on me, considering the level of myaw abilities - i shall teach him a lesson after dining gloriously! As for now - i strongly advise you taking your paws in your paws, for there's little even i can do against two of those monsters. A wise cat knows when to strike, as they say. Nyaw, if you would excuse me, i have a dinner waiting for me!" - Mephistopheles said, returning to the bushes and retrieving the fish. After a short look back, he continued to hurry on.
Last edited by Red_Cardinal on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:02 pm

He watched the thing disappear into the bushes, to eat apparently, but now he knew how to say his targets name, Lethaniel. Whoever these 'Rookies' or this 'Gregory' are, they most likely won't pose a threat. One weakness that Blight has is arrogance, with his time manipulation he has no worry about getting hurt. That is if he's able to use it. A fast assailant can get a scratch on him, making him both angry and sloppy, or if they can't, then they need to hold out until he either taunts or goes for the kill, he likes to watch the life drain from his targets. It is really the only thing that brings him some form of enjoyment. "Those who fight the blight end up being consumed by it." he said as he walked deeper into the town. Unknown to him, the Fates already are preparing to blow out his candle.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:39 am

Meanwhile Lethaniel was roaming the streets in search for his partner. Village Hestia, where you allways like this?- thought Lethaniel, pondering about how much he has changed since he left his birthplace. - And you didn't change a bit - he continued his monologue as if speaking to a person. Lethaniel took a good look around, an old tavern crossed his sight. This pile of wooden trash still around - he smiled, remembering the old days as his gaze began to move to other buildings. Those were three to four floore houses made of stone - quite a solid construction. Watching the broad street covered with stone aswell: "I see, 'the stairway to heavens' - must still lead to the cathedral..."- he suddenly stopped his eyes widening.

Along the street he saw multiple corpses and long bloody trails Imageleading to the plaza before the cathedral. He started to run. As he arrived at the plaza he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Corpses on spikes and blood everywhere with the cathedrall in the background and a single person well known to him standing in between. "Have you lost your mind Gregory - stop this senseless slaughter immediately!"

"Slaughter? Have you lost your sight 'partner' - I call it cleansing the village in the name of the Lord! - dont you see the beauty?" - Gregory stared past the spiked corpses at the cathedral in the back. As Lethaniel looked around, he noticed Gregory only killed demons and halfblood - no humans present.

"Gregory, you must be as dumb as a rock! Did you forget the treaty the church - hell the Emperor himself signed?" - Lethaniel continued with an angry tone. It seems his 'partner' catapulted him into a difficult situation.

"I am no dog! Not to you and your church, nor this fat bastard you call emperor. Say, can he even lift a penny on his own? - don't you think he'll just ignore this, if the killer was one of them?" - Gregory seemed uninterested and disappointed, that his partner Lethaniel couldn't see the beauty of his masterpiece.

"Believe me, you would notice if the killer would be one of them - he is at least as strong as you..." - Lethaniel thought of ways to explain that mess to the emperror.

The stench of blood and the partners quarrel lured some crazy people to the Plaza. As such Blight entered the stage...

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Blight saw his target in the crowd, all he would have to do is shoot one bolt, then retrieve the head when he could. But he wouldn't see the final moments, and that was what he savored. Making up his mind, Blight pulled out and shot his bolt, which was aimed right for the targets leg, and it would have found it's mark. If the other one didn't slash it out of the air. "Those are expensive to make you know.." the crowd had scattered leaving only Blight, the man, and his target, "It'll take 9% of this bounty to replace." putting away his crossbow, Blight pulled out a strange looking dagger, it's blade was straight, with a curve by it's tip giving it a combat knife silhouette, the back of the blade and handle where made of a dark metal, while the front of the blade was a sickly green in color, "But, then again..." he disappeared in a green blur clashing his dagger with the mans sword, though the man had only seconds to react, "When have I ever cared about money?" Blight blurred back to where he was previously standing, variations of himself trying to escape as he began to channel time energy for the coming fight.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:02 am

Gregory slashed the silvertip arrow out of the air. He turned to Blight with his eyes placed on Lethaniel beside him:

"The treaty was over as they've killed the emperors son, Lethaniel! The holy war is inevitable now - make up your mind already! Do you think that fat bastard of emperor will stay by your side in battle? It is us - the people of the church - who give him the power to do what he wants in first place. Do you really think, that treaty could be forced upon the demons by someone like him? How foolisch, Lethaniel! Eitherway, now it's us or them - pick your side carefully..." - Gregory's eyes returned to Blight:
"And why would a human, such as yourself attack his own kind? Bounty... - don't make me laugh! There is war at hand boy! - we don't have time to play with you.." - he was interrupted, having to intercept Blights dagger. The attack surprised him as he didn't see it coming - he acted on pure reflexes.

Lethaniel was surprised over Gregory's slow reaction as he himself saw the whole run Blight made before the actual attack - which would leave enough time to react in his opinnion. Image
However, considering the fact they were being attacked he took a battle stance. Blight seemed to run back and starting to channel some sort of magic, while Gregory standing surprised, wondering how Blight kept teleporting himself.

"Pull yourself together Gregory! " - Lethaniel shouted. The high council members where slowly and carefully circling around Blight for a while observing him closely, so that one of them was allways behind Blight, while the other one was in front of him. After quite some time both launched an attack at the same time, with Gregory striking head-on.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:34 am

Blight slowly turned as the man stayed in front of him, his target behind him, it felt like a day until the man moved. Too slow to pose a threat. The bounty hunter moved behind the man, his time variations chasing behind him before turning green and disappearing, now behind the man Blight saw his target was going to attack him from behind, he was moving fast, not to fast, but faster than everyone else when time is slowed, "How curious." he wasted no time in disarming the man before hitting him over the head with the Pommel of his dagger, effectively making him not a threat in Blight's eye, "You move faster then anyone I have ever encountered. Tell me, do you bend time's will? Do you make time obey you?" Blight tilted his head in wonder, "Will you Prove my existence?" Blight moved to attack his target, who dodged out of the way with time to spare, "Yes, you are the one." Blight's eye started to portray many things, madness, loneliness, longing, and a small amount of hope, "Prove to this world I am here! Prove that this blight is a threat! PROVE TO ME THAT I EXIST! THAT I AM NOT A MISTAKE IN THE FLOW OF TIME!!!" Blight's attacks where faster than before, but they where also sloppier too, as he slashed at his target.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:42 am

Moving from his channeling position, Blight noticed spikes coming slowly out of the ground behind him. The reason the councils took so long for their attack finally dawned on him. Too slow however - Gregory's surprise attack from the third direction seemed to have failed. After feeling a strong pain on the back of his head Gregory thought: "interesting ability you have there - however..." - smiling, he fell unconscious to the ground.
Gregory's inability to defend himself, let Lethaniel come to the conclusion, some ability might be involved - the only thing he couldn't experience. Blight seemed to become faster, but he aslo started to use much more predictable attack patterns - making them easier to evade. After evading another slash Lethaniel smiled putting his hand on Blights shoulder:

"Checkmate! Aren't we all 'mistakes in the flow of time'. You proved yourself well: don't just exist - LIVE lost soul!" - he shouted balling his fist, getting ready to knock off Blight. A scratching, grinding sound stopped him however. He looked to the side only for a familiar visage to greet him.

Mephistopheles was sitting next to a wall peeling his nails, Imagegiving off the strange sound:

"Pardon, don't mind me - keep on, i'm qute enjoying the show..." - he asked for forgiveness for interrupting them, expecting for the show to go on.

"Nosy as allways! And... for how long exactly have you been 'enjoying the show'? " - Lethaniel asked seemingly annoyed by the cat, allways minding other people's business.

"None of your business!" - Mephistopheles made a cocky gesture, throwing a fishbone at Lethaniel. "You insolent fool! Just about time you noticed my lordly presence. I, Mephistopheles am today here to deliver a message from the dark lord himself: 'regarding latest developements within the treaty boundaries, the dark court was forced to pronounce the cancellation of the treaty!' - So you see, it seems i am no longer subject to the treaty...i would thank Gregory, if he wasn't already unconcious."

Lethaniel threw a dagger at the cat, which scattered Imageinto pieces of black smoke, only for another cat to appear from the shadows beneath the first. Soon after Lethaniel noticed hundreds green eyes piercing the darkness of the streets, staring right at him. Hundreds of black cats roamed the streets of the village, looking through the smallest areas of every corner. The whole scenario reminded a surveilance camera network of some high security area. Mephistopheles sure made some preparations before popping into dangerous situations.

"Oh but it's not only me 'enjoying the show' it seems! - if it isn't the killer himself?" - Hearing that a person moved out from behind the corner, accompanied by one of the cats.
"It seems i've been found out - i am the killer indeed!" - a pale Lady with pitch black hair made a step into an illuminated area.

"Anybody would've done the same, seeing how demons were treated by the emperor - treaty huh? - give me a break! This only guaranteed a demon's life wasn't taken - apart from that he could do anything to us! "

"I see, the treaty was ... not to your liking. Not fazed? - So was i. Nobody was dying, nobody to play with - how boring! "

"So if not to fight, why are you here stray cat?" - Lethaniel concluded, considering how much energy Mephistopheles must've had used to maintain hundreds of illusions of himself.

"Why, for the answer of course!" - Mephistopheles gave him a bored look.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knight.EXE on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:14 am

Blight just lied there on the ground, millions of thoughts flowing through his head, some about what just happened, others about what happened in days long since past. But, his adrenaline fill mind couldn't stop the voices in his head, 'Failure. Not real. Nothing. Nobody. Anomaly. Mistake.' the bounty hunter just curled into himself and covered his ears, as if that was going to stop the voices. He doesn't kill to prove himself to other, it's to prove to himself that he is real. The voices are his subconscious telling him what he is, and when his fails, even if it is the smallest thing in the world, they torment him. And the worse thing, the voices got louder the more he tried to suppress them. With almost dying, and the fact that his target was, to him, unreachable, the voices where having a field day inside his mind.

Knight.EXE
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:31 am

"Well, since it will take a moment - how about a game, say Lethaniel? What am i waiting for? If you manage to answer this correctly, i shall consider playing a game of chess with you - you know what figure i prefer. If your answer is wrong however, i shall reveal your ability to everyone present." - Mephistopheles made a proposal, he considered quite reasonable.

"Go to hell damned cat! - as if i have any chance of knowing... My ability though is no secret!" - Lethaniel smirked at the cat.

"Is this your answer? How disappointing!" - black cats started circling around Lethaniel, keeping a distance of about five meters. After Mephistopheles's gesture to attack, the cats turned into shadowspikes moving from all sides towards Lithaniel, with Lethaniel just standing there smiling. The shadowspikes shattered into pieces on contact with Lethaniels body. "What a boring ability, canceling out other abilities - not allowing to have any other abilities" - the cat yawned, as a bright light appeared in the skies.

Every one looked up to the light, except Blight, who was lying Image
on the ground, curled up. After noticing it Mephistopheles shouted: "Look up, boy! - This is when history is written - a moment not meant for mortal eyes! Thousand years... a thousand years this damned treaty lasted. It all ends here and today. This is the ANSWER i am waiting for!" - Mephistopheles eyes started glowing bright green, as the shadow on the wall behind him seemed to grow.

After some seconds the light came down turning into a lightning strike, hitting the middle of the plaza and sending anyone present flying outwards. The light from the impact destroyed most of Mephistopheles's illusions in the whole village, piercing through them. After the dust wears off a mighty angelic warrior can be seen standing on the position of the impact:

"Saddened by it, the high heavens acknowlege your decision. Every sin will be judged upon within the eternal court." - the warrior turned his head to Gregory for a moment. "The high heavens accept the cancellation of the treaty!" - he pronounced turning back to Mephistopheles, disappearing into light particles right before the eyes of everyone present on the plaza.

"Ah, an archangel - magnificent sight! May the Holy War begin anew! What exciting times to live in, wouldn't you agree, Blight? " - Mephistopheles seemed to get stronger and obviosly excited for the things to come.

It was this event, which if anything else made it clear to everyone in the village how unsignificant they were in the greater scheme of things, the events that will start to unfold before them in the very near future. The weak holding to their souls, while the strong ones preparing their mind for the Holy War.

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!