Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

Career Goals!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Career Goals!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alappassi on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Im super nosy, ha, just kidding...
But really, what is your career goal? If you are still in High School, what will be your college major?
Basically, what do you want to be when you "grow up?" Why do you want to do what you want to do?

Im going to be a dog groomer. Im going to start out working for someone then have my own little shop in my house. I will also offer pet-sitting. I want to be a dog groomer because I love dogs and if I don't work with them on a daily basis I will end up bringing too many home O_o

I was attending college for Digital Graphic Design... yeah... I think I did a complete turn of events xD
Sighthounds, writing, and drawing are my passion!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alappassi
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Career Goals!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyIrregular on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:20 pm

Since the age of four I wanted to work with animals. I've had two fascinations in life. Animals and Crime. Both I really enjoy so all through school I focused on science. For GCSE we had no choice but to do science. For A-level's I picked Biology, Chemistry, Math, Environmental Science and Science for Public Understanding. And for university I went and did Zoology with Marine Zoology....

4-5 years after graduating, what am I doing? Working in child care.

I have done a proofreading and copy-editing course, a creative writing course and a diploma to become a paralegal secretary.

What do I want to do once I finish in the childcare industry? Simply to go into the legal field and be a secretary in an office, something I promised myself I'd never do - an office job. I was always going to work with animals. Funny how life turns out.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SlightlyIrregular
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:08 am

Currently getting a moderately successful business running, and be paid to write stuff from time to time too.

I used to assume I wanted a lot of recognition but I've actually realized I'd be happy just to have the freedom of earning a living wage on my own terms.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 11 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:36 am

Attending college for Information Science & Technology... a combined IT/Business major. I have my freshman engineering classes though and might switch to Geological or Metallurgical engineering. Decisions...

Kronos
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kai on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:06 am

Career? haha I've sort of come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to have just one career.

Right now I'm working as a 3D artist for an Arch Viz company so that's my current career. I'm also co-producing an independent 3D film that's in the pre-production stages. We're planning to do a kickstarter for it to fund all of the hardware and software that we'll need to acquire (legally) to move into production. There is also a book in the works somewhere in the mix, though that one is moving very slowly. Eventually I hope to get it published.

Next month I'll be starting a course for music career development. Once my loans are paid off I'll be more free to pursue that road.

So yeah, sort of all over the place. Too much to do, not enough time it seems.
He who has ears to hear, let him hear
For this is a tale of an ancient kind
In the word there lies existence and the word became flesh
And dwelt among us and we saw its glory
Let him hear it who will

Kai
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ria.exe on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:16 am

Well, I've changed my major three times. Now that I've got a little one I wish I could go kick myself in the butt. I didn't care enough about school. I should have stayed at my local community college rather than run off to university.

Married, working on my bachelors (still after my most my friends have graduated) and have a baby. I mean, marriage and babies is awesome, but go to school. Don't be like me and not take anything seriously until you realize there are things on the line. Baybehs and hubbehs and such.

ria.exe
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ria.exe on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:19 am

Rant aside... Accounting.

ria.exe
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!