Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Carrick the Steady.

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cardenden_dabbler on Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:50 pm

tries to run away bit trips and falls

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
cardenden_dabbler
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Steve Wallis on Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Hahahahahahaha your shit u prick

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Steve Wallis
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cardenden_dabbler on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:07 pm

its not rite that u say that, mods ban him

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
cardenden_dabbler
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:18 pm

okay... that was completely not in line with the rest of this... first of all, since when did a civilization which calls gunpowder "firepowder" and uses it as a bomb right as it is have guns?

can we get back on the original storyline? My character (Lacuna) is waiting for an answer from Digit's character (the smallish elf with a small brain) about how he can best fight.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cardenden_dabbler on Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:04 am

k soz

"come on then Lacuna fight me bacuse i am the second best fighter in my year and ill probably bang u"

*runs towards him with fist out*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
cardenden_dabbler
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Steve Wallis on Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:42 am

oi im well a better fighter than you well i might not be but ill get my big brothers mate to hit u, hes well hard

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Steve Wallis
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cardenden_dabbler on Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:44 am

ur dads hardly gonna be in a fantasy civilisatiom, we are meant 2 be noble warriors like out of lord of the rings k

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
cardenden_dabbler
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:22 am

A few suggestions for you (both of you):

-use proper grammar and spelling, it makes your posts easier to understand (There are also awards to be earned for using good grammar and spelling, like credits so you can buy your character customized things)

-describe your character as you post. Make your posts as long and descriptive as possible. it helps the story along, and helps the rest of us understand. Example: what are your other hand and your feet doing, which direction are you coming from. Are you taller or shorter than an elf? (Also, you earn more credits for posting more words) Small posts like yours are better used in the chat setting than the forum.

-take the time to read previous posts. If you had, you would've seen that my character is female (as are all the characters I've created so far) Make sure that your character's actions are inline with the rest of the story and with your character's personality.

-Be polite to your fellow rpers. When you're rude, they won't want to play with you anymore. Treat them with respect, and earn their respect in return.

Happy roleplaying, and welcome to Gwing :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark_Descendant on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:29 am

(O.O.C -If you are going to Roleplay in this topic please just stick with the storyline that the characters have built up. You are ruining it for everyone else that has been roleplaying in this forum with your childish insults. If you want to argue then why don't you make a new topic just for you two? And allow us to continue with the storyline which you are beginning to ruin.)

Dark Descendant's gaze shifts to the form of the elven woman. Grinning slightly. Allowing a slight smirk to spread across her pale lips, this giving her form a seemingly cunning eerie.

She stands for a moment allowing her gaze to shift onwards past the forms of the elven folk towards the battle at hand. Although she could not see much of the battle predicament every few moments a cry would echo throughout the district. One of mere agony, one obviously of another dying being.

A brow began to be arched as these shrieks and cries emmitt from the mouths of the dying men and indeed reach her ears. They obviously being quite close, the sounds of death giving her a chill of excitement down her spine.

She smirks once more, unsheathing her Daito. It sending a ring outwards almost instantly as it is un-sheathed from it's tsuba. She grins once more pale blue orbs gleaming as her eyes transfix upon the blade. The yaki-ba of the steel gleaming a beautiful white colour as it should when polished skillfully.

She allows the tip of her blade to touch the dusty soil. Allowing it to dig slightly into the mud, her gaze shifting to the male elf. Lips parting as she once more allows words to flow from her mouth.

"What are we dealing with? How many? What species? I would like to know, that I would. But be swift with your information we must make haste and join in on this fight if you want your friend to survive."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Dark_Descendant
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:00 pm

"M-my father taught me how to fight with a longbow...but...I don't believe there is one nearby...oh please if you can help him....wait...your an elf....do you have any weapon I could use?"

He stared at the other person in their presence...she was a bit scarier than the Elvin woman, but he trusted her, just like he trusted many others....He gulped down and looked Lacuna in the eyes, then back to Carrick. Blood was shed across the small patch of woods he was fighting in. He was holding out well, but more guards were coming, some on horseback, long spears extended out and ready to pierce flesh. He couldn't see them though...

Herion's muscle's tensed and he watched. He brushed the blond hair out of his eyes and once more hoped Lacuna could help...he noticed the other woman questioning him.


"T-they're human from what i know. Most of them swordsman by the looks. But more are on their way, I can...feel it..."

Quite strangely enough, nothing could be seen anywhere nearby.
I am Digit. I am a Forum Junkie. Hear me roar.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
digit_masperia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:09 pm

Lacuna unslung her longbow and quiver from her back.

"Are you good enough to avoid hitting your friends?"

She handed him the bow and quiver,if he keeps it, I can get another. Enough people owe me favors... and looked to the other.

I don't know about you, but I don't think he'll last much longer if we stand here talking. I fight best close up, and I'm not going to be sparing any quarter.

Lacuna held her katana at ready and dissappeared with Yani as she headed for the fray.

OOC: Yay invisibility! Yay tiger! We're going to kick some butt!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:30 pm

OOC: Woot.

Herion took the bow slowly...it was well crafted.

He nodded as she asked of his abilities and slung the quiver over his back. It was bigger than what he was used to, but being an natural elf, his eyesight and hand-eye co-ordination was superior. He grabbed an arrow and knocked it, pulling back the thin wire to his face.

He closed his one eye and squinted, getting down onto one knee for more stability. He saw Carrick, and the woman rushing to help him. Carrick downed one more soldier, and it seemed he was breaking a sweat. Before the two others could reach him, someone attempted an attack on the hulking man. he was too slow to turn, and the attack was almost successful...be not an arrow lodged in his neck. Herion silently applauded himself and grabbed another arrow as three more men jumped from the trees, mercenaries....

It seemed this was more complicated than he thought. The men that were attacking them considered them enough of a threat to hire others to kill them. Not a smart move, at the least, but a big issue...

Something smelled like war in the making.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
digit_masperia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark_Descendant on Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:53 am

Dark Descendant grinned slightly at his words ' Ah humans eh? Meaning they can still be killed.' Another word perks her interest 'Swordsmen you say?' She smirks widely her having been classed a master of her Jindachi zukuri hilted Daito and Ken tanto.

She shook her head, and then began to dash forwards her form seeming to move somewhat swiftly although she had the weight of her sword upon her waist. It seeming to be of no weight to her.

She heard more cries of agony as her form reached the top of the hill. A chill of excitement ran up her spine once more as she took a deep breathe, hand coming to her sheathe of her blade as she dashed down the steep hill.

One of the swordsmen had indeed spotted her and haulted in his actions, indstead turning to her and charging. Her form continued to dash forwards into the battlefield, him at her side.

Before the man could reach her form with his blade, She had un-sheathed her blade swiftly, swinginng it around in the air with such swiftness it could be classed as a mere blur. It's yaki-ba gleaming brightly.

The sound of the two swords clashing echoed throughout the battlefield, Her letting out a war cry as the man staggered backwards in mere bewilderment. Her turning in a clockwise motion.

Her form spun swiftly, Blade coming out swiftly in many angles, the man's form not being able to comprehend her actions and therefore not being able to block of disarm her.

Heer sword had seemed to move like a blur past his form several times, and as the kissaki of the blade touched the dusty soil. Her eyes closed slightly in a state of focus, blood could be seen across the steel blade.

The man had a few moments to take a few steps back before his form seemed to slide apart, his left knee to ankle sliding downwards, blood squirting from the severed limb.

The lower leg was shortly followed by his other leg, then his waist had followed, spraying a fine mist of blood outwards as it slid downwards from the decapitated form of the man, his head indeed following.

Although this had seemed to have been in slow motion, it had indeed only been a few moments, and there the man lied, frame crumpled, decapitated upon the now blood stained soil. His blood seeping into the mud.

She grinned once more as if the sign of blood had indeed made her happy, a noise now catching her attention and as her gaze shifted around she now realised several men were now charging towards her.

They charged onwards towards her form, seeming to form a circle around her as she stood, kissaki of her blood stained blade upon the ground, eyes upon the ground.

She then moved forwards, swiftly, moving with such speed and accuracy towards one of the men, her form moving into a leaping motion, blade coming from the soil as she indeed leaped upwards, Her feet coming infront of her form.

She allowed a smirk to spread across her lips, Her eyes now upon the form of the man as she leaped towards him, Kicking out her feet several times, performing a climbing kick up the form of the man.

The man's form haulted almost instantly, nearly being thrown back by the force of her kicks as she performed a climbing kick up his form. Her frame then leaping backwards, blade coming outwards swiftly before she leaped into the neck of the man.

A fresh spray of blood oozed into the air as the kissaki of her blood stained sword pierced the man's skin, before retracting backwards as she leaped back. The form of the man dropping backwards instantly, Blood continuing to ooze from his neck as he lay dead.

Her form leaped through the air, the other men continuing to charge forwards, her blde came forwards once more, her frame seeming to spin in the air, Blade coming through as she span.

She landed upon the dusty soil once more, Eyes upon the ground yet again, her form landing in a crouched position upon one knee, strands of her jet black hair falling across her face as she landed.

The forms of the men seemed to hault as she landed, then a thud emmitted from the ground, echoing throughout the battlefield as each man fell to the ground one by one.

Blood oozed from their heads and necks as their craniums rolled across the soil. Obviously having been sliced off when she had performed the spinning attack in mid air, driving her blade through the air as she span.

She stood once more a look of mere demise in her eyes aswell as a look of enjoyment. Gaze shifting to the circle of dead men their blood seeping into the already saturated soils.

She stepped over their forms, gaze shifting to the many men left, her grin remaining upon her face as she dashed forwards, Sword behind her form, both hands upon the tsuka of her blade as she ran in this formation, charging towards the inner battle field.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Dark_Descendant
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cryc on Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:39 pm

A small, black robed and hooded figure walked down the road towards the fray. Well, she more floated than walked, tendrils of darkness floating and twisting about her form.

She turned the corner in the road and arrived at the bottom of a hill, on top of which an Elven boy was shooting arrows at a group of men and women who were killing each other. She paused to watch.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Cryc
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:24 pm

Lacuna ran toward the fray, and was passed by the swordswoman on the way. Ignoring the fighting men who couldn't see her anyway, she instead headed straight for the man they were trying to help. She lay her hands on him, and concentrated. To those who could see magical energy, he started to glow blue. His wounds started healing. Every once in a while, she'd have to break off and kill someone headed straight for him, and she had to block the master's spinning attack from hitting him, managing to push him out of its way before it hit.

I knew she was trouble... Still healing the giant man, she shuddered at the look of pleasure in the eyes of the maniac.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:10 am

When Carrick finally had the time to look up from the men he was quickly disposing of he saw not only the elf launching arrows with extrodinary accuracy, he also saw what looked like a Shaolin dicing away at the gang. A small smile crossed his lips, he was uncertain of how he gained these allies, but he was glad for them he had taken a few wounds to the shoulders and torso in general, but the massive war Axe kept swining.

As Carrick watched the elf fire a dart and pierce one of the member's chest he neglected to see a grunt approaching him with his blade drawn. The full force blow to Carricks left shoulder is what awoke him to the presence.

The sword cut deep, to the bone, it may have splintered his collar, but the war Axe made it's round and celf the man in two through the abdomine.

The giant made another swing as the wound began to take a toll on his fight. Yet, before it could fully affect him he felt warm hands press upon his chest, though he could see nothing, and felt his strength returning. An evil grin struck his face as he began to pound through the gang as he did once the battle had begun and he started towards the leader still standing, unattacked.

One foot, one swipe. Two foot, two dead. It was a slow pace, but atleast it was progressive, all the while the warm sensation never leaving, and the feel of hands upon his Raven and blood stricken breast plate.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark_Descendant on Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:21 am

Dark Descendant continued to move through the battlefield, Swinging her blade outwards every few moments into a limb of a charging soldier. Each attacker cratering backwards, Her blade slicing through different limbs.

Her gaze remained upon the form of a man as she continued to move through the blood stained battlefield. Although her tactics may have been seen as unruly and harsh they were atleast the most affective at defeating her enemy.

She allowed a grin to spread across her lips, Gaze now upon the form of a man with a large steel gleaming axe, A wart axe if her eyes were right. The man was being healed by the elven woman that she had encountered moments ago.

Dark Descendant moved through the crowds of raging, battling people pushing her way through, kissaki of her blade coming outwards as she moved, It impaling body parts and then being pulled from the soldier's forms leaving them agony struck upon the already blood stained floor.

She smirked slightly as she reached the man, him having stood up immediately as he was healed, heading back through the battlefield with his blood stained axe. A look of determination in his eyes.

She moved swiftly at his side, Only having a few moments to allow words to flow from her mouth. These obviously targetted at the man at her side, the man they were indeed supposed to be helping.
' Howdy to you, Fine day I'd say, That I would. I believe we would be called your back up? ' She said, allowing a smirk to spread across her lips, this conversation cut short as her gaze shifted on towards a charging man.

She moved swiftly around, Eyes narrowing slightly as she lowered herself to the floor slightly in a crouched spinning motion, Blade coming up swiftly as if a blur. Coming outwards at all angles towards the man in this swift motion.

A fresh spray of blood oozed into the atmosphere as the man's form had indeed been impaled by the kissaki of her already blood stained sword, Her form moving backwards once more, Retrieving her blade backwards, tighly in her grip. Her form coming to the side of the man once more as the attacker's form slid to the ground, A series of slices across the man's form. Frame now upon the floor in a crumpled position, his blood oozing into the soil.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Dark_Descendant
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:02 am

Lacuna started enjoying herself. Compared to this, healing sick people in bed was so boring. She was glad of all her training for this, and was able to move with the man, her lithe body twisting every which way to avoid tangling him. Just like dancing.

Away from both Lacuna and the Shaolin, one man decided to try to get rid of the elf with the longbow. He got five to help him. They advanced slowly through the woods to the side of the path, trying not to be noticed. Suddenly, one of the men tumbled over backwords, his throat spitting blood. The rest of the men charged, but soon were also spitting blood. Had anyone been listening, they would've heard a tiger start purring.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cryc on Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:01 pm

Watching with intrest, she began making her way towards the boy on the hill, gliding towards him silently. He didn't notice her until she was right beside him.

"Do not fear. I am a freind."

She touched him gently on the shoulder, and he relaxed slightly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Cryc
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:33 am

The giant warrior was so focused on the battle at hand, now that his wounds were healed by this mysterious force, that he could barely hear the audible voice of the Shaolin type. She had snuck right up on him. He glanced sideways at her as he kept swinging and moving towards the untouched leader of the group.

He was starting to get annoyed at the amount of men pouring out of the trees. For every one they knocked down it almost seemed as if three more sprouted from their tangled limbs.

Carrick continued to swing the Axe breaking bones and destroying lives with every pendulum of the beast he wield with such force and ferocity. A few times a man got so close Carrick actually smacked him full force with his shield. The sounds of his ribs cracking followed.


As Carrick and the woman progressed across the battle field he could see the leader grow worried as the marched on, apparently untouched by his minions. A terror stricken look creased his face as Carrick stood not ten feet from him before smacking another grunt in the face with his shield. Blood exploded from every possible orifice upon his head, including a few new ones.

The leader stretched out his arms and looked around before calling into the blood stricken air. "Fall back to the woods!" With that the minions began to disappear. His glimmering eyes watched them scatter into what he knew to be absolutely massive woods, he let them go. They knew not to mess with Sir Carrick the Steady of Ravenport again, and what were apparently new found "allies". It was time to deal with them now.

Carrick swung the shield over his back and kept the Axe in his hand as he turned to the one next to him and looked up as he saw Herion scurrying towards him, with yet another new face. This was beginning to agitate him.

His left eye twitched with rage. Carrick the Steady did not require allies in battle, hell he didn't even need the elf, he just kept him around because he owed such a hefty debt.

"Who are these two?"
Carrick's words burned into Herion's ears as he approached. Not even realizing that Lacuna still clung to him giving him such wonderful and required healing. It was even beginning to dull the exhaustion in Carrick's blood.

OOC :: I appologize to everyone for this post, I wrote it after 48 sleepless hours, if anything doesn't make sence please PM me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.

 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests