Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Carrick the Steady.

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:13 am

As the minions faded, Yani chased down and killed a few stragglers who hadn't heard the orders and were still trying to get the young elf who had gotten the help for Carrick. Lacuna sheathed her katana. Then everyone gathered around Carrick.

Lacuna felt his anger at having needed help, but what could he have done? She realized it was his way of realizing that without it, he would have died. As everyone gathered, she finished the last of her healing. She moved to his side, one hand on her shoulder to keep him from collapsing as she knew he would as soon as she broke contact. Healing like that puts a strain on a person's body, even one as strong and healthy as Carrick's.


Who are these two?

He of course was talking about the two he could see. Yani and Lacuna became visible then.

These four you mean. I am a healer, and this tiger is my companion. You will sleep as soon as I let go, so I will not until all your questions are answered.

The elven healer then concentrated on keeping Carrick awake, and listening to everything that was going to be said. Yani faded back into air, feeling more comfortable that way around so many strangers.

OOC: Quick description for you: plantinum blonde hair with touches of gold, and purple eyes. Yani is a full-grown white tiger, also with purple eyes. Lacuna wears blues, greens, and purples. She has a staff slung across her back, unused in this battle, and pouches of herbs at her side, for when her healing abilities aren't really needed and could be saved for an emergency. She also has a hunting knife in her boot.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:14 am

As the minions faded, Yani chased down and killed a few stragglers who hadn't heard the orders and were still trying to get the young elf who had gotten the help for Carrick. Lacuna sheathed her katana. Then everyone gathered around Carrick.

Lacuna felt his anger at having needed help, but what could he have done? She realized it was his way of realizing that without it, he would have died. As everyone gathered, she finished the last of her healing. She moved to his side, one hand on her shoulder to keep him from collapsing as she knew he would as soon as she broke contact. Healing like that puts a strain on a person's body, even one as strong and healthy as Carrick's.


Who are these two?

He of course was talking about the two he could see. Yani and Lacuna became visible then.

These four you mean. I am a healer, and this tiger is my companion. You will sleep as soon as I let go, so I will not until all your questions are answered.

The elven healer then concentrated on keeping Carrick awake, and listening to everything that was going to be said. Yani faded back into air, feeling more comfortable that way around so many strangers.

OOC: Quick description for you: plantinum blonde hair with touches of gold, and purple eyes. Yani is a full-grown white tiger, also with purple eyes. Lacuna wears blues, greens, and purples. She has a staff slung across her back, unused in this battle, and pouches of herbs at her side, for when her healing abilities aren't really needed and could be saved for an emergency. She also has a hunting knife in her boot.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark_Descendant on Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:06 pm

Dark Descendant's gaze shifted towards the dispersing minions as the order of reatreat echoed throughout the battlefield, Her eyes narrowed for a further few moments as if annoyed that the battle had indeed ended for now.

She shook her head for a moment, tsuka of her blade gleaming brightly as she span it around swiftly, It seeming to become blurred as she swung it in this clockwise motion. Wiping it of blood and sheathing it at her side.

The sheathe began to sway to and fro at her side as she moved a few steps away from the group gaze shifting to the large woods that could be seen for miles. It's greenery spreading out further than an eye could possibly see.

She allowed a growl to emmit from her mouth 'Cowards' She muttered to herself, pale blue orbs narrowing. The tsuba of her blade swaying to and fro, suspended from her waist, a rope tightly tied around the gleaming scabbards.

Her orbs shifted to the form of the elf that had called for help as he began to rush towards the group of people, The elf woman continuing to heal the one called 'Carrick.'

'Who are these two?' Carrick had said harshly. A touch of annoyance clearly visable in his tone, Him obviously directing this speech towards the elven boy who had now haulted infront of him.

Her arms folded across her chest as these harsh words emmitted from the mouth of Carrick. Her pale orbs transfixed upon the form of this 'Carrick' gaze shifting up and down his frame for a further few moments before allowing words to flow from her mouth.

' I would be Kurotsume Iora, that I would. I see you are not grateful for my help, no bother. I simply came because your friend there said you needed help, actually...to be honest, I couldn't possibly care about you needing help, especially after your 'gratitude', but the smell of battle was intriguing and had indeed perked my interest, that it had.'

She says, her own tone that of a harsh, icy one. Pale blue orbs shifting off his form, giving an eerie of coldness. She moved towards a corpse upon the battlefield and knelt down. Gaze upon it's decapitated form.

She thought to herself for a moment, hand coming up to her face as she remained in this state of thought. Her grin once more spreading across her lips as she mutters to herself.

' Hrm...Three inches between each...' She haulted for a moment, bringing out a hand and pulling the frame up slightly by the scruff of the neck, remaining in a crouched position as if 'examining' the decapitated form. ' Seems quite deep for each...'bout...Five inches....Maybe five and a half. '

She stood slowly, Hand still on the scruff of the corpse's clothes. She turned the form around, It's feet dangling a few inches from the ground. ' Ah...'Bout five, that it is...Sliced through..'

She continued to mumble things to herself, gaze upon the decapitated form. Pale blue orbs gleaming intensly, tattered and torn cloak, dusty with the eerie of constant travel and battle, flowing out behind her form.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Dark_Descendant
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cryc on Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:26 pm

The theives disbanded, beaten, and she and the Elven boy ran to the small group of people, composed of two women, a tiger, and a giant.

He demanded to know who they all were, and after listening to the others, turned his gaze questioningly to her. She reached up and pulled her hood back, revealing a pale face, ringed with black, curly locks, and a strip of leather tied about her eyes.


"My name is Cryc."

was her simple answer. She appeared to be a blind traveler, which was exactly what she wanted, and was also exactly what she was not.

OOC: My name is pronounced Cris. And this is a juicy RP you got goin' here. ; P

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Cryc
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:30 pm

OOC: Digit has asked me to play his character for the next week or so... I will do so until further notice. However, I will not be as descriptive when playing his character, and I will be using different posts for the two characters.

Who are these two?

Herion tried to think of an answer that wouldn't anger the giant any farther, but before he could react, the strangers spoke on their own behalf.

I-I-I just th-thought we could use some help. He managed to stammer out. Then he looked at the elven healer. W-will he really pass out as soon as you let go?

She nodded, and his eyes got really big as it dawned on him that the giant might not take too well to that news.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:07 pm

OOC :: My apologies for putting this on hold everyone. But I'm back :D

He looks at Herion and then to the others before looking over his shoulder at Lacuna. He didn't need help. He was Carrick the Steady. The only help he ever needed was that of his brother... Alistar the deceased.

He stepped forward with a heavy sigh and shrugged off Lacuna's grip. His eyes crossed to Herion, to Kurotsume, and then to Cryc. His eyes narrowed and then he looked back at Lacuna while taking a step backwards.

"Do you see? I'm fine. Now lets carry on home,"
He begins to make a few steps forward before heaving another heavy sigh of defeat and turned around again.
"I suppose you're all welcome to accompany us, should you have nothing better to do."
He turned around again thinking, the truth was that he really did need them out there, but he wasn't Carrick the soft. He would never admit it. Though he never knew this kind of sympathy from strangers.

As he stepped off his head went up and he fell hard onto his stomach before passing out. His last thought was: Shit, Lacuna was right.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:47 pm

Lacuna shook her head as he stepped away, and she leaned slightly on Yani. She directed her comments at the whole group, but they were really for the boy's sake, as he was the one who seemed most concerned about the giant.

He'll be out for a day or so. I would feel more comfortable getting to shelter before I follow his example and collapse. Maybe someone can get him seated on my companion? That is, unless someone else wants to carry him. I certainly won't be able to do more than keep him steady until I eat.

Lacuna looked around to see who would answer, and felt Yani tense, preparing to become visible if necessary.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cryc on Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:17 pm

Cryc nodded and moved to stand beside the giant, fumbling a bit like a blind person should. It would be easier to move him with her magic, but it was best to keep that concealed for now.
Last edited by Cryc on Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Cryc
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:44 pm

Yani moved next to the giant and crouched down to make it easier, pressing up against the non-blind traveler. She saw no need to tell her companion what her superior smell told her about the traveler's lie, so Lacuna stayed in the dark about that. Thus, she was surprised at first when Yani then became visible, until she rationalized that it was for everyone else.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:43 am

-Is still unconsious for a full day ontop of Yani-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:32 pm

OOC: I think we're waiting for the other characters to decide if they're coming or not...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark_Descendant on Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:15 am

(O.O.C - Sorry for the wait, I havn't been on for quite some time. But I have returned!)

Dark Descendant's gaze shifted towards the dead, mutilated corpse in her arms, a layer of blood seeming to coat her once clearn hands. She smirked somewhat, allowing this smirk to thus spread across her crimson lips, a look of mere enjoyment in her eyes, it had been weeks since she had seen the blood of another upon her hands and the very thought of battle seemed to send a chill of adrenaline down her spine.

She dropped the corpse of the dead man to the blood saturated grass. Her orbs, seeming to be lanterns, glowing in their socket, not leaving the dead form of the man as her gaze seems to trace up his frame once more, a devious smirk having spread upon her face.

Kurotsume Iora's glazed over eyes seemed to trace away from the form of the corpse and towards the structure of 'Carrick The Steady' as he stepped forwards away from the healer, going against her words and moving forwards as to continue his 'Journey.' His frame seemed to flail slightly, dropping down to the grassy field 'bed', him seeming to be in a case of unconsciousness.

She smirked once more, allowing a hand to come swiftly up as if to conceal a sort of laughter. It was quite foolish tht he would ignore the words of a healer, but the irony was that she would indeed do the same thing, which obviously seemed to amuse Dark Descendant.

She yawned somewhat, allowing the hand to remain by her mouth as she yawn elapses from her parted lips, a look of mere boredomn seeming to come across her face, a dull look seeming to be plastered upon her face.

She takes a few steps towards the group, but haulting and allowing her gaze to travel away from them, towards the tree lines as if seeing them. She mutters a few words under her breathe, these words not loud or fluent enough for the occupants of the group, simply a mental note in the back of her mind as her gaze travelled onwards..

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Dark_Descendant
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rynalys560 on Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:46 pm

OOC: Can someone give me a summary of what is happening so I know where to join?
Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Rynalys560
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:02 pm

OOC :: Two Things.

1. Rynaly, the only thing that has happened so far is that my knight of Ravenport was betrayed and exiled from the city Stormgail he was trying to make a truce with because the castle blew up. The person who blew up the castle blamed it on Carrick.
He was helped by a little Elf, Herion. He left the city because his father supplied the powder. Carrick decided to let him come with him.
A thief stepped out of the woods and decided to start a fight with his miniature army. Lacuna and Kurotsume decided to come help. Carrick faints from the battle. -End Scene-

2. Where the hell is Digit?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rynalys560 on Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:43 pm

OOC: Thanks.

IC: Rynalys, a young mage about twenty-one was on her way to Stormgail City to pick up a few things for her teacher. From where she was at in the forest, the explosion of the castle in Stormgail was enough to send a shockwave through the forest. A blast of air made the leaves in the trees ruffle. The wind was strong enough to loose her hair from it's tight binding braid. Ryn's reddish brown hair was now a complete wreck, and her matching red robes were blown crooked and snagged on branches of nearby underbrush. The hooded robe, with her undone hair made Rynalys look as if she had been cought up in some sort of whirlwind.

Once the blast of air had passed Rynalys hurried to the edge of the lake were she could normaly see the city. From where she was, she could see smoke rising far above the city walls, but what she did not see was the rising towers of the castle. She could hear the shouts and yells of soldiers running about and decided not to go into the city, but to head back home to her hidden mage school deep in the woods.

Before Rynalys turned to head back into the woods she fixed her robes, so they hung on her body the way they were supposed to, instead of bunched here and there. Returning her cowl to her head where it belonged, Ryn headed back down the path that she was previously on.

" Oh dear, this can't be good. Archmage Mynard will want to know what has happened here, too bad I couldn't go the wares shop in the market place like I had hoped." Ryn said to herself as she walked deeper into the woods, at a quick pace to reach the school before sunset, after sunset it was imposible to get into.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Rynalys560
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:00 pm

OOC: Digit is unable to rp for now, I'm playing his character until further notice. You probably missed that...

Heriod was taken completely off-guard by the giant's reaction, and watched as they loaded him onto Yani's back. Lacuna looked to him, and he cleared his throat.

Uh, I know of a cave we could get some rest, about three hours that way...

He pointed in a direction that was not where the bandits who had gotten away went, and away from the city that had blown up. Lacuna nodded, and he looked at everyone else.

T-thank you for your help. If you're coming, f-follow me.

He led them in the direction of the cave. Lacuna walked beside Yani, and kept the giant steady on the tigres's back.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cryc on Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:15 pm

Cryc walked silently behind the boy, her arms folded within her robes and her face expressionless. Her head hung, but she kept her unique gaze on all the members of the party.

The hem of her robe caught on her foot and she stumbled a bit, this time for real. Oh well, she thought. The more she tripped, the better. At least they wouldn't suspect anything.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Cryc
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drake Tancer on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:19 am

Unknown to the travelers, The cave had been taken occupance. The dark knight was resting against the mouth of the cave in his full plate armor, colored fully in a dulled ebon grey. His sword, stained with fresh blood, Rested with in arms reach. He sat there flexing the metallic claw on his left pawish hand, his ears twitched hearing the the wrath god float by.
The architect of aggression floated around him idly, Slightly annoyed at the apathetic attitude the prince had taken recently.


"Power drives all, Drake, You are becoming unfocused."

It's words where no more then a hiss as the deep purple orb pulsed about. The black knight let out a loud sigh of frustration, Angry eyes shot back from behind the helm.

"Save the incessant nagging for one with more tolerance!"

The pulsing orb turned a deep shade of red, Signaling it's anger. Though it made no further quarrel with the knight, For he was too important to the god of wrath to be driven away, He would be appeased, for now.

((((Hope no one minds me joining.)))
"I smash my head against the wall
Dark moments, go go!
I got a pain, and no one knows
It's so wicked in every way" - The fair sex

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Drake Tancer
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:34 pm

OOC :: Not at all mate. Fill y'er boots : ) I'm glad to have so much participation.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rynalys560 on Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:37 pm

Rynalys was coming in sight of the magic school, but for her trouble she was coming closer to the sound of travlers. From where she was she could see a cave and she saw someone standing at the mouth of it, that wasn't the only person she heard, she could hear another group of people and they weren't terribly far from the magic school that lay hidden in the forest just beyond the cave. Ryn was at a stalemate with herslef, she couldn't just go to the school whith strangers around, and time was going by, soon the sun would set and she would be out in the forest after dark, something she feared terribly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Rynalys560
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.

 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest