Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Castlevania: Serenade of Despair IC

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Castlevania: Serenade of Despair IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sabata on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:57 pm

Still accepting characters for the time being. If you want to apply, thread's here: castlevania-serenade-despair-t30544.html

Better hurry if you want to sign up, since this will close after the story gets going.

===

The year is 1863. The American Civil War has just erupted, causing a bloody conflict that pits brother against brother. United houses now lay in ruins, and the entire country is at conflict. With each passing day, hundreds of young men die, releasing their angry spirits into the world. Without a proper burial, these spirits continue to roam the battlefields, searching for rest.

This congregation of malevolent spirits has attracted a greater evil. Soldiers that camped on the battlefield that once heard the moans and screams of the ghosts no longer hear them. This sudden silence in the night has made them all uneasy. Little did they know that a lurking darkness has consumed the spirits' anger and restlessness, forming a solid entity that housed all of the rage and sadness of the lost souls of the damned.

This being moved along the Eastern edge of the United States before moving south to the Appalachian Mountains. The being used its power to create a castle from the rock in the side of Mount Mitchell in just a mere two days. From there, the being has created a stronghold that it uses as a base for his reign of terror.

Lately, townspeople who live nearby, travelers that are just passing through, and even livestock have turned up missing after this strange entity nested in the mountains. A group of warriors both young and old have gathered at the base of this mountain and vow to end this evil once and for all.

===

It is just after nightfall on October 28th, 1863. The night sky is clear and bright, the full silver moon drenching everything in a mystic light. There are a few wispy clouds in the sky, and a large cloud of mist surrounds the forest just below Mount Mitchell. Crickets chirrup and whippoorwills sing their mysterious songs. The night is completely silent. A sense of foreboding blankets the area; the sense of a great and malevolent evil.

The silence of the night is broken as wind through the trees rustle the branches and leaves. A few flutter to the ground to join the bed of pine needles that formed under the treeline. In the distance, a wolf howls at the moon. Tonight there will be a battle of epic proportions; a true fight of good against evil as the demon is confronted by a group of righteous warriors.
If I am called to duty whenever flames may rage
Give me strength to save a life whatever be its age
Help me embrace a little child before it's too late
Or save an older person from the horror of that fate
Enable me to be alert and hear the weakest shout
And quickly and efficiently put the fire out
I want to fill my calling and give the best in me
To guard every neighbor and protect his property
And if according to my fate I am to lose my life
Please bless with your protecting hand
My children and my wife

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sabata
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Castlevania: Serenade of Despair IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rellik on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:00 am

A young boy by the name of Samuel Silver at the mere age of thirteen, walked Northward on an unmarked old road. Samuel had egg-white hair and a pair of eyes that rivaled the mid-day sky's brilliant blue. He wore a small silver crucifix which was more often than not hidden by a heavy forest green coat made with goose down and constructed for cold weather conditions. Over his coat, he draped a thick leather cloak to protect him from the rain and used it as a make-shift blanket and over the cloak he had a tattered old gray shawl. Embroidered on the shawl were several symbols which were said to ward off bad luck and promote safe travel. Samuel was also a novice magician. He carried with him an old torn up grimoire that contained countless spells although being but a novice in the art of spell craft, he could cast only a small fraction of the actual spells which the book held.

The road which he walked crossed over the Appalachian Mountain range from the boarder of South Carolina, went around the base of the Appalachian's tallest peak know as Mount Mitchell then ended in Yancey county in North Carolina. This road was locally know as the "apocalyptic road" as due to the recent events, anybody who ventured down that cursed path was never seen nor heard from again. Samuel's father, Monty had been a merchant whom traveled this road ever year to sell and by goods from North Carolina but in 1862, Monty went missing traversing the apocalyptic road. For one whole year Samuel did not know the whereabouts of his father when he had received a blood stained letter which was signed Monty and the return address which lead to a town in Yancey county North Carolina near the base of mount Mitchell. With the mysterious letter being the only possible clue to the location of his father, Samuel continued his Northward March on the apocalyptic road.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rellik
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amadeous on Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:19 pm

Loki waited outside the stalwart wooden doors. He'd been there since sundown, waiting patiently to be allowed access. But his patience was wearing thin. Did the force behind this castle not deem him worthy of entrance? Was he too weak? "...No..." He mused to himself. "It's locked itself up in there because it fears me." Loki let out a small chuckle. "It's so terrified of my power that it refuses to give me the chance to even enter." Loki's laughter broke, and he let out a large cackle that resounded over the mountain.

"Fine then." He settled. "I've lived for over 200 years, I can wait a while longer for these doors to open." And with that, Loki turned his back on the doors, and entered a meditation, waiting for the force within to allow his presence.
I'M GONNA STICK ME THUMBS IN YER EYEBALLS AND HANG ON TILL YER DEID!

characters/Ansgar%20Thunaraz
characters/Vakt%20Gotteschvert

Amadeous
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rellik on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:57 am

Samuel had been traveling since the 17th of October and half finally reached the three-fourths mark, the forest at the base of Mount Mitchell. According to the rumors he had heard back in South Carolina, this was where all the strange incidents have been occurring. As he drew nearer to the ominous mountain a thick, chilling fog billowed in from seemingly nowhere. Samuel pondered the mysterious mist for a while as it just didn't seem natural. He came to the conclusion he had to brave through the mist due to two important factors; One he had to get to through if he were to have any hope of finding the whereabouts of his father and two, he lacked the supplies needed to turn around and return the way he came. Sam reluctantly entered the thick bank of fog to find that he was enveloped by a dense milky white darkness. He was blind in every sense of the word, the fog being so densely packed that he couldn't see the small signs that marked the path which he walked and soon found himself hopelessly lost amidst the deep fog labyrinth.

After what seemed like hours of aimless wandering, Samuel wandered out of the thick fog and found himself in front of a colossal fortress looming over him. "The hell is this....?" He whimpered to himself. Every fiber of his being was telling him to leave, but yet he was drawn towards the foreboding keep. Samuel noticed a person sitting in what seemed to be some sort of trance. Sam cautiously approached the figure and asked "E-e-excuse me s-s-ir.... Do you know where th-th-this is...?" He said as he shook from an overwhelming sense of fear which he felt.

Rellik
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zyap on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:38 am

"Augustus Tingay?" "Yes, sir" "Are you man enough to fight for the union?" "Yes, sir" "Even if you could die within?" "Yes, sir" "Alright. You.." The officer points at Tingay "..will have to check some rumors around Mount Mitchell. We believe that there are hidden some enemies. It is YOUR task to find the place where they are hiding and then return IMMEDIATELY to the nearest Union-Base for reporting what you found out." "Yes, sir" "Oh.. and try to change your clothes. You won't live long in an uniform, will you?"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
A couple of days later

Tingay saw Mount Mitchell even from the far. Did he felt that kind of evil 'presence' which lay over the land around that mountain? He may have felt it but he isn't superstitious. No. Not he.
'Abbyville' That was written on a signpost. This town he just entered is called Abbyville. He looks around only to see, that not one single person was out of the streets. What the hell is going on here? "Strange town...", he mumbles to himself. He is tired from the travel and so he knocks at the first door. "Hello? Is somebody here?" No answer. He tried the whole village but there was either nobody home or they just didn't want to answer him. "Fuck.." There is only one house left.. without any hope he knocks and calls again. He waited a few minutes.. than the door was opened a slit "What do you want?" "I'm sorry.. my name is Augustus Tingay. I'm from th-" It would be very dumb to tell him where he's from. "I'm from .. Kansas and I'm on a trip to Mount Mitchell." "Mount Mitchell?? Get stuffed! We don't want to have anything to do with Mount Mitchell." "Please.. Can I have a bed.. For the night?" "hm.. Okay. ONE NIGHT. Not more."
Yeah that guy on the picture.. that's me! I just worked a bit on the pic so it looks like a shadow.

Zyap
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amadeous on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Loki opened one eye and looked down on the young boy interrupting his trance. A small smirk could be seen in the corners of his mouth, and he turned to face the castle looming over their heads, lit by the moonlight. "Yes, indeed I do. This is a place of great power and evil." He said with a slight touch of joy to his voice.

As Samuel looked reasonably distressed, Loki continued to prod the boy's fear, if nothing else but to amuse himself a touch more. "And now that you've come here I'm afraid you're trapped. I've seen many other adventurers come here, and I'm afraid the only way out is through these doors. And behind these doors lies Death." Happy with any further pain he brought upon the boy's mind, Loki turned and walked forward to the doors, and placed one palm upon them. "Yes...many others have traveled through here, and yet they refuse to let me through...hmhmhm..." Loki chuckled to himself as he remembered his rationalization why.

Amadeous
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rellik on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:40 am

"Power and evil huh? Wait, you said I'm trapped? W-w-what is that supposed to mean by that?" Sam asked as fear quickly welled up in his eyes. "M-m-may I ask why you are here? I mean you said people go in there die, but you seem eager to get inside for some reason... " He paused for a few moments taking in many deep breaths before continuing.
"What exactly is in behind those doors...? " He said still shaking with fright.

Rellik
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amadeous on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:24 pm

"I've told you all the specifics I've known." Loki returned harshly, growing tired of the boy. "I presume riches as well lie beyond. I found one man that had somehow managed to get in and exit. He was mad, mind you, but continued to weep and moan about the silver he left behind. The looney may have well thought it was a living being, the way he spoke of it. He died shortly afterwards, mind you. Suicide. His weak mind couldn't contain the horrors that lie beyond these doors." Loki recalled his tale. Remembering how, if the man hadn't killed himself, Loki would have killed him with his own hands, the annoying peasant.

Loki sighed, and spoke directly to the boy. "Trust me, I have my own reasons for being here, ones you could not fathom. But as long as these doors remained jammed shut as they have, no fruition may come of my plans for this place." Loki turned back to the doors, and glared at them, growing evermore impatient at the smug doors that refused to budge. His new acquaintance was not much help either, as Loki was growing tired with the boy and his constant questions.

Amadeous
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sabata on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:39 pm

As if triggered by Sam's gaze, the doors slowly opened with a dry creaking as the rusted hinges began to turn. Torches lit down a dirt and gravel pathway leading into the forest. The mist thickened past the gates, becoming almost completely opaque just before the treeline. The torches could be seen for several feet before the thick fog obscured them from view.

The air around Loki and Sam chilled as the wind started to blow towards the gate, almost as if whatever it was inside were beckoning them in...

Sabata
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amadeous on Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:44 pm

Loki's eyes lit up at the epic sight of the doors opening. Shouting "FINALLY, THE CHANCE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!", his childlike expression was offset by a dry cackle he let out. Disregarding all caution, he left the boy behind as he rushed through the doors before they had a chance to close again.

Amadeous
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rellik on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:45 am

Samuel acted out of pure instinct and chased after the figure. The moment he crossed over the threshold, the yett slammed shut behind him.

"E-e-excuse me, mister?" Samuel said as he sprinted frantically to catch up to Loki. "Earlier you said another person made it out alive, do you by any chance know how he did it? If you do could you please tell me so I can get out of here and continue searching for my father...?" The gears in Sam's head began turning. Samuel had thought his father had gone up north and had gotten in trouble or suffered some other injury making him unable to make the return journey. It had never occurred to Samuel that his father may have wound up in the same place that he had.

"W-w-wait... Do you think my father some how ended up here like me?" He asked with a small glimmer of hope resounding in his fearful voice.

Rellik
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:42 pm

A mischievous giggle echoed in the cave, "Oh joy, I have new playmates!" the voice sounded young, but not so young as a child.
Green eyes stared unblinking from a shadow. Black hair swirled around a pale face as the green-eyed girl stepped from the shadows with a small smile playing across her lips.
"Hello, it looks like you will be here awhile," she giggled again.

The wavy black hair reached mid-back on the girl, and it was silky and clean, but damp, like she had just washed it.
A short black dress wrapped around her small form gently, like it was protecting her from the outside world, but with the gentleness of a friend. Over her dress she wore a hooded black cloak, a friend to hide her.
Her pale skin glittered with water droplets, giving the illusion of light radiating from her skin.
She stood barefoot, but didn't seem to mind a bit.

"I'm Xiva," she said, "and if you're wondering I know the entirety of this forest inside and out," after a moment, she looked over at Sam and added, "I also know where people in here are, and the exits. But why should I show you their locations?" she giggled.
Last edited by Forensic_Anthro on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noot noot

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rellik on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:30 pm

Sam turned his gaze towards Xiva. His lustrous blue eyes lit up upon hearing that she knew aware of others. Perhaps his father could be one of the people she spoke of. "Ma'am? Do y-you know if there i-is a man here a-about five feet and nine inches tall? He's got chestnut brown eyes, untidy brown hair...." Samuel paused for a moment trying to think of another distinguishing characteristics.
".... Weather beaten skin, somewhat tanned and has a slight hunch in his back from traveling with a heavy pack. If he's here, w-would it be to much trouble to tell e where he is? I'd just like to know, because if he's not I'm just wasting my time here... " Sam's heart was racing with anticipation as he waited for a reply .

Rellik
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sabata on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:46 pm

(We're not in a cave, guys. Read my posts. I'm posting for a reason. ._.)

As Xiva introduces herself, another figure appears from the mist. "Now now, Xiva. Let's not be misleading our guests." He stood before them, bowing before them grandly. "I am Adrian. I've been waiting for you all. I've been hunting this monster for the past couple days, though to no luck so far. I was hoping you two could help me."

The man stands before the group, his long white hair flowing slightly in the breeze. The mist pools around him, making him look as though he were the source of the fog. He wears a knight's armor, though the design isn't anything that has been seen for quite some time. A jeweled hand-and-a-half sword hangs at his waist. "Luckily I've made a map of the forest, so it shouldn't take long for us to get out of here and to the mountain."

Sabata
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amadeous on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:52 pm

Loki didn't like the idea of working with these annoying strangers. Far too many people that he could not trust or rely on. He weighed his options. If he were to fight, the boy and girl would die, no doubt, the man exuded an aura of power. Besides, while he was unable to find the source of this power, he knew a way to the castle. That would be useful, and the sooner Loki could complete his mission, the better.

Loki walked past his two new acquaintances, his mind set. "Well then, are you going to show me the way or aren't you?" He asked, his impatience growing. He had gotten past those forsaken doors, but his prize still taunted him deeper in the castle. And having to rely on this man and his solicitous friend was not his idea of a good time, much less having to babysit the boy.

Amadeous
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rellik on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:14 am

"Wait, back up there! I'm just looking for my father and I don't see how a monster hunt would bring me closer to my goal..." Sam seemed to be slightly peeved as each time he asked a question, somebody interrupted him. "I hate to be rude Mr. Adrian, but if you would be so kind as to show me back to the trail I marched in on." He said with more irk than fear in his voice.

Rellik
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:55 pm

"Aw, but Adrian, can't I ever have some fun around here?" Xiva pouted and her dark hair fell from behind her ear, falling into place over her left eye.
"Why do you hunt Master? He is everything and everyone. There is no use in fighting your own inner darkness, so why not give in and embrace the darkness?"
Xiva cupped some of the mist in her hands, and unusually, it stayed in her entwined fingers for a few seconds before drifting away into the cloud.
"Anyways, there is no way to succeed, you might as well enjoy your life and die slowly, live as long as you can. Life or death, Light or dark, they're all the same thing. One cannot exist without the other," she said in a singsong voice, smiling cheerfully.

She turned to Adrian, "The forest is forever changing. No map will be truly correct, and no map will be truly wrong."
"The mountain moves," she whispered quickly, possibly loud enough for the group to hear.
Xiva pulled a berry from a pocket on the inside of her cloak and popped it into her mouth. She bit into the juicy berry, and an explosion of different tastes filled her mouth.
"Such addicting berries," she murmured with a sigh, popping another berry into her mouth.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alone on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:48 pm

Aroon was sitting in the back of a carriage while the horses pulled it. “So… It’s a bit strange to find a carriage being pulled by horses in this day and age don’t ya think?” He smiled and held his hat firmly so it wouldn’t fall off.
“Well look sonny,” the old carriage driver said, “This is the only way you can even get near this castle. Youngsters these days, don’t know their place.” The carriage came to a halt.
“Hm…? Is this it?” Aroon asked him getting off the carriage. He walked over to the horse and lightly petted its head. “Thank you, fine horses.” He gave them his thanks.
“Hmph. Well go on ya whippersnapper. I won’t be waiting for you.” The old man said to him as he turned and left.
“Cool.” Aroon took his first gaze at the castle. “Geh… Seem this won’t be as fun as I thought…” He walked toward the tower, hearing all sorts of ghostly moans and wails. “Geh… scary.” Once again, he sighed and made it to the castle doors, Aroon reached out to open the doors as he fell backwards and fell down the cliff into a nearby town. “Geh… How did I survive…?” Aroon looked to see that his red vial of medicine was stuck into his cheek, causing his to have a rush of adrenaline. “Aw man… I wanted to save that…” He passed out on the floor after the potion wore off and his pain sensors resumed their job.
...This is it - ground zero. --- Tyler Durden

Alone
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xiphoniii on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:21 am

Honip stepped out from behind a tree. "Sorry, Sam. I'm afraid the castle won't let you go back to the trail. The trail may not have even been real, it may have all been part of the magic. And if your father disappeared around these parts, I guarantee that castle had something to do with it. The name's Honip. Honip A Vale. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." He held his hand out, and smiled, no mirth reaching his eyes.
ImageImage ImageImage

Xiphoniii
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zyap on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:34 am

It was a loud thump which pulled him from sleep, which was not very deep in fact. "Uh.. what?" He looked around in the darkened guest room, even if he knows, that it might not be something in here, which fell to the ground. He would've slept longer but he had to open the window and so the drop of Aroon waked him up.

He stood up and he was sure to be the only one who had heard the thump. A look out of the window didn't helped him, just because of the darkness out there. "If just I weren't this curious..." he mumbles, as he got together his clothes, puts them on and sneaks out of the house, so that nobody could hear him. He got to the place, where he thought he heard it from and he had to search for a while till he nearly fell over the unconscious person. "...damn..." He didn't had any medical qualifications and so he can only wait, till that guy wakes up.

No. He doesn't leaves him out on the street.. He pulls him back into the house without making any noise, lays him on the bed and sits on the window shelf. He wouldn't be able to get to sleep so he can also wait, till that stranger wakes up. And that's the thing he's gonna do now.

Zyap
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!