Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A challenger appears

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

A challenger appears

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fullmetal Ky on Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:55 am

Well not really, but it's nice to dream.

Afternoon one and all, I am here to explain the circumstances upon my arrival!

I've been an avid roleplayer for many years, ranging from work in MMORPG's, pen and paper roleplay, oral roleplay, chat room roleplay and most frequently forum roleplay. I once owned my own roleplaying forum, but that came to an end after poor management skills and the lustre of that particular forum and game being lost for me.

So here I am sat in work on a boring Friday morning/slowly turning to afternoon, and I have this incessant nagging urge to write something. Now I'm not usually one for writing stories and the like, so instead I chose to think about roleplaying. It was at this point that I decided to use my good friend Google to search for "roleplaying forums" just to see how much vulgar content I'd have to wade through to get to an actual roleplay forum.

I was not only pleasantly surprised at how wrong I was (not that there's anything wrong with the alternative!), but the site itself also impressed me. If spurred me forward and in the closing minutes while waiting for lunchtime I decided to sign up and write this meandering post.

So yes. Hello!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fullmetal Ky
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: A challenger appears

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:47 am

lol Well then, welcome to Roleplay gateway! ^^
There are a lot of forums here that I hope you get into. They are all put into their own classification so it makes it easier to find what you want. If you don't like the ones that we have already, feel free to go ahead and make your own. It's always interesting to see what others come up with, espeically if they are extremily fluent in roleplaying, such as yourself. ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:51 pm

Haha, I love your post.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you explore more to write more than this one meandering post! =)

Never hesitate to ask if you need anything. Everyone is here to help everyone. We have so much to offer from our wide range of RPGs to a really fun casual forum. Our forum prides itself on the great community surrounding it.

Again, Welcome! It's great to have you! I can tell already that you're a good writer by this meandering post of yours. =P
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:08 pm

Yay! Another avid RP'er. Welcome to RPG or RP Gateway or RolePlay Gateway, whatever you wish to call it. As it has been said before, there's plenty to look through and immerse yourself in. If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, or comments feel free to ask any of the staff; we're here to help.

=]
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fullmetal Ky on Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:37 am

My thanks for the warm welcomes! I'm sure I'll love it here. =D

Fullmetal Ky
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!