Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Chaotic Marin's Portfolio

a topic in Music, a part of the RPG forum.

Are you a budding musician? Share with us here!

Re: Chaotic Marin's Portfolio

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Mon May 30, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm bumping the thread for my newest arrangement, Cynthia's Battle theme in 8bit. I used more tools than I have fingers on one hand making it, but I'm pretty satisfied with how it came out.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

ChaoticMarin
Member for 8 years
Beta Tester Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Recruiter Cult Leader Hordemaster Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:48 pm

I feel so edgy. Double posting like a hero.

Anyway. I put up a new arrangement. This time it's of Von Bolt's theme from Advance Wars Dual Strike. It has been arranged in modern bit with Tohou instruments, which I'm sure is a relief to everyone who has been paying attention to how much 8bit I've been doing. Still no progress in terms of learning that program mentioned in my previous post.

Also of note is that there was yet another error uploading this one to DeviantArt. At this point I cannot see any pattern in the errors, and thus I've given up on DeviantArt completely. In addition, I gave up on SheezyArt too, just because it was yet another place to upload but didn't really give me any good feedback. So from now on I won't be posting links to those places.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

ChaoticMarin
Member for 8 years
Beta Tester Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Recruiter Cult Leader Hordemaster Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:51 am

Aaaand another submission. This time I arranged Duke Nukem 3D's Grabbag (Main Theme) in FM Synth style. Kinda reminds me of how Grabbag sounded when played through a soundblaster.

ChaoticMarin
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:26 pm

I've posted a new arrangement, Sol Sanctum from Golden Sun arranged with Pokemon R/S/E instruments. It was a request of RedRaines' c:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/431333

ChaoticMarin
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:27 pm

I posted a new arrangement. This time it's Lance's Battle theme from Heart Gold / Soul Silver arranged in 8 bit style. I restricted my tools to some of my older more NES specialized ones because most people are oblivious to the fact that the NES does not in fact contain the only 8 bit sound system in existance, and so I get lots of complaints that it doesn't sound 8 bit to my angst. Regardless. I care more about people enjoying what I make than pushing the limits of 8 bit sound, so I've been pushing myself to make do with less, though I still refuse to obey an arbitrary four dedicated channel limit.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/431838

ChaoticMarin
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:47 am

Posted a new arrangement. This time I released the Rival Battle music from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald arranged with Tohou instruments. I really like what I came up with.

ChaoticMarin
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:53 am

Aaand I managed to put something out today.

It's the Champion Battle theme from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald done in 8 bit.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/435973

ChaoticMarin
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:29 pm

And I finally submitted something new! This time I arranged Ikana Castle from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I've tried this particular piece before but was never satisfied with the result. However, a couple of days ago I found a few new tools that really helped me to create something I felt good about.

In other news, I'm still working on a retry of Pallida Mors in 8 bit, which desserves a sequel. I'm also working on Cynthia's Battle theme in 8 bit. The first version of which I regret posting, as I'm no longer satisfied with it. I'm currently on my fifth try of that particular song (I don't post a lot of my tries. The one you see posted here is my second try. My third try was my initial attempt at fixing what I did wrong, and my fourth and fifth tries were me using my newest tools to try and make it even better.)

I'm also working on an 8 bit version of the World Champion theme from Pokemon B/W and Gary's battle theme from Fire Red / Leaf Green in 8 bit. However, I'm not sure I'll be releasing either of those two anytime soon due to having problems being satisfied with what I produce no matter what I do.

ChaoticMarin
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:07 am

I'm pretty sure the first one is a brilliant re-arrange of the RBY Champion theme (love the trumpets!), so slapping additional channels on what's essentially the classic "last battle" music sounds like a mistake to me. But hey, if you think you can, go for it.

Edit: Oh, you probably mean the Alder battle theme. Never mind, carry on.

LawOfTheLand
Adjudicator
Adjudicator
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden

Tips: 32.00 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:08 am

QB, repeat after me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy The NES is not the only 8 bit console in existance. There are other 8 bit consoles with completely different channel limitations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_Man ... oller#VRC6 Not even the Famicon had channel limitations. In fact, the only reason the NES did was because of a /crippling design flaw/. Nobody liked that design flaw. That is not what I want to give people nostalgia of.

Anyone who tells you 8 bit music had set channel limitations didn't do their research /at all/. You'd do well to stop buying into their thoughts.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 32.00 INK in return for their work.

ChaoticMarin
Member for 8 years

Tips: 1.50 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:56 am

I put up a second version of Cynthia's battle theme. I was pretty displeased with the original version.

I'm still working on Gary's battle theme and the BW World Champ theme.

Next up on the release list is probably a surprise competitor, Rockin' On from Megaman ZX! Never honestly wanted to do it because it's completely redundant, but hey. Oh freaking well.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.50 INK in return for their work.

ChaoticMarin
Member for 8 years

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby ChaoticMarin on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:34 am

I put up three new songs since I last updated. An 8 bit version of Gary's battle theme from Fire Red / Leaf Green, an 8 bit version of Sigma's final battle music from Megaman X6, and Gary's Battle theme from Fire Red / Leaf Green with Black / White instruments. (I think I may have finally done that song to death. |D)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

ChaoticMarin
Member for 8 years

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.