Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Powers: The Awakening

Character creation questions thread

a part of “Powers: The Awakening”, a fictional universe by Screedle.

An unexplainable series of genetic mutations has given rise to a new class of human; the Hypermorph, those with abilities and strengths once thought to be impossible for humanity.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Powers: The Awakening”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character creation questions thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Ask any questions you have related to character construction.
Anything you think you're misunderstanding, you should ask. Notably, you should ask if you think your character might be over (or even under) powered compared to the others.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Screedle
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Character creation questions thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:36 pm

I have to ask, can a Hypermorph's powers extend into the non-Anima+ inspired area? Example being a guy stuck in an oil tanker on the bottom of the ocean gaining the ability to move through walls, or say a person about to die of poisoning gaining a resistance to and becoming capable of producing said poison.
Don't piss me off. I will personally come to your house and tilt every painting I come across.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Thundergod1020
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Both of those are acceptable powers, yes. As has been stated, movement through walls in particular would have to be handled with a particular set of rules - the character feeling sick after doing it too frequently, for instance.

Screedle
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Hm... How about the manipulation of ice, fire, darkness, wind, and light, as well as the ability to call forth you own dark side who almost looks exactly like you except for the color of hair and eyes as well as it being bathed in blood, with its powers being the ability to manipulate the elements said before as well as the shadows, whom the light side borrows a similar ability from? Thundergod, com'on. You know what I'm talking about! XD the ability to command a certain species, be it fauna or flora? Maybe only just restricted to one? Ah, and are the wings able to be hidden and then brought out or do they have to be out all the time, and only hidden via thick clothing?
The Darkness serves to make a faint Light glow brighter. However, those drenched in Light only serve to create Darkness.

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:33 pm

Can you justify how control of plants and animals would be necessary to save a character's life?
I won't accept 'he had to fight a bear' as a good example.
Also, wings would be there all the time, as you have physically grown them. They can be folded hidden under a light jacket if you're alright with a little discomfort after a short while.

Screedle
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Right. Just wondering. Thanks for the response then.

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Asher, if that was meant to be a joke, it really lampoons you more than it does me, Mr. Dark Asher. At least Darius only used dark magic.

Thundergod1020
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:06 pm

First, it actually was a joke, thank you very much. A light-hearted one. That wasn't supposed to say anything about anyone, really. Maybe just joke about

Secondly, Asher had versatility whilst Darius had power. Asher was more ice-oriented, and his shadow manipulation was poison. He had less skill than Darius when it comes to the main elements that they wield, and he hasn't even encountered any other Immortalis for a long time prior to the roleplay, which lowers his skill level.

Third, this thread is also a very inappropriate place to discuss this, Thundergod. I just wanted to make a small joke before actually discussing about this roleplay, seeing how you were a part of my roleplay when I just started out on roleplaying at all.

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!