Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

mbuki-mvuki

Character Creation

a part of “mbuki-mvuki”, a fictional universe by angelwolf123.

(v.) (phr.) to shed one's clothing spontaneously and dance naked in joy

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “mbuki-mvuki”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Character Creation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:36 pm

Hey, Tanman. Another 6 year account, I like it.

"If the participants of this RP can get me excited for the next post and eager to inject myself into the situation on a daily basis that'd be the ideal for me." AIN'T THAT THE REAL TRUTH?

Flight, huh? I'm glad she didn't pick "can't", because that is indeed a contraction. Look forward to seeing her. You've got 24 hours, my man.
girls dont get hiccups... they get she-cups.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

angelwolf123
Member for 11 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyrineal on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:49 pm

1.What kinds of things would you like to see in this RP in the future? As in what are you looking forwards to? Gore? Relationships? Humor? Character development?

I'm looking forward to seeing how an RP really works, as this is my first RP. I'm hoping I can develop my character and truly flush them out as I think they would be if they were a real person. As well I would just like to see the world and other characters develop more, becoming "alive."

2. A question* I am taking straight from the manga: "Write one word. The word should match how you will fight in the upcoming battle. Only one word that you believe you will... need."

My character's word would be "winter." My character would be very caught off guard by the question and she would most likely panic and would write down her own name instead of answering the question correctly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tyrineal
Member for 5 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Oh my god RPG ate my original reply. NOTHING grinds my gears more. Well, anyways, hey Tyrineal. Happy to be your first RP. I've already helped you with your character a bit, so she should be ready to submit soon. Lucky her name is a noun, or she'd be in a pretty tight spot, huh?

To Zalgo, who appeared in the OOC chat. Of course you may reserve a character. I'm going to be allowing new characters for as long as this RP is alive, so there's no trouble whatsoever.

angelwolf123
Member for 11 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:42 am

What kinds of things would you like to see in this RP in the future? As in what are you looking forwards to? Gore? Relationships? Humor? Character development?

I am a rather depressing fellow but I also enjoy myself some humor. Gore is quite fine with me as I'm an avid indulger of such macabre subjects. Relationships are fine I guess. Character development is obviously the richest ingredient of the bunch since a story requires it's reader to be invested in the characters in order for the events transpiring to hold real significance.

What I seek most of all however is the strange. I am a writer who seeks creative and unconventional ideas, hence why I was drawn to this rp. It's idea is quite strange and that is what appealed to me most thus far. Regardless of what else may come I hope most of all that what my character shall descend into will be far from standard so as to force my creativity to burn bright.

A question I am taking straight from the manga: "Write one word. The word should match how you will fight in the upcoming battle. Only one word that you believe you will... need."

Onomatophobia
Definition: "An abnormal dread of certain words or names because of their supposed significance."

Basically what happens when a creative writer doesn't take their teacher seriously. She came up with this word as it was both unique and held an amusing definition given the nature of the request. She picked a word which literally means a fear of a word's supposed significance.

It's a choice that holds an uncanny prescience of the trials to come.

Zalgo
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:38 pm

Hahaha, good to have you. "Onomatophobia". Your character does sound rather contrary, doesn't she? I like it.

On the strangeness of the roleplay, I'll do what I can, but the heart of it will depend on what kind of people washed up into this hellhole. Hope to see you character soon!

angelwolf123
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bethelit on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:09 pm

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

➊What kinds of things would you like to see in this RP in the future? As in what are you looking forwards to? Gore? Relationships? Humor? Character development?

In terms of what I'd like to see in this RP in the future... purposeful writing.

If anything, I appreciate it when GMs have a clear vision of what the story requires first and foremost. Gore, relationships, humor--they aren't important to me unless they support the story. It's common for writers to go "hey let's put in xyz thing" because xyz thing is universally appealing. But what's appealing isn't always what's necessary. Good stories last because they are focused, honest, and relatable. If the story commands, the character development and all that other good stuff will naturally follow. TLDR; follow your heart. I trust you, dog. :^ )

➋ A question* I am taking straight from the manga: "Write one word. The word should match how you will fight in the upcoming battle. Only one word that you believe you will... need."

When my character learned of the challenge, she laughed to herself. Dying is easy, living is harder.

My character's word will be "Martyr," which might give her enhanced endurance if she takes a blow for someone else. Fatalistic and somewhat selfish, she's fine with an early death, so long as it inspires someone to pick up where she left off. Poetic assholes, amirite. Always looking towards the future, she cares more for her legacy than her current achievements. If she dies, (which she might--I'm slightly concerned about my IRL schedule) she may pick someone to carry on her "mantle." That person will then gain enhanced endurance. Whoever loves and cherishes her inherits the earth.
x
s a b b a t
-
wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

x
x

bethelit
Designer
Member for 5 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Arc Warden Group Theory Person of Interest Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Hello bethelit! Good to have you. Sorry for not responding sooner, by the way. Interesting take on what you're looking forward to. I will try to live up to that trust as much as possible. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyways, since my bit of trolling with the words has already been revealed, I would like to offer you a character opportunity. If you like, you can create a character who has had an older sibling already go to the school, and told them about it in advance. Up to you whether you want that kind of backstory or not, though. Let me know!

angelwolf123
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bethelit on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:39 pm

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

Hello! Thank you for giving me an opportunity to join in. I appreciate it! I will try to live up to your hospitality as much as possible as well. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

& Oh yeah for sure, I don't mind having an older sibling who's more fucked over than I am.
Last edited by bethelit on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

bethelit
Designer
Member for 5 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Arc Warden Group Theory Person of Interest Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:08 am

What kinds of things would you like to see in this RP in the future? As in what are you looking forwards to? Gore? Relationships? Humor? Character development?

Having read over some of the words people are choosing and the front page I'm hoping to see fun/inventive concepts and writing. I'm not asking that this be the newest and trendiest thing on RPG but I admit that I enjoy a bit of novelty every now and again. Granted, I also expect a good, clear story line where everybody can collaborate to a reasonable extent. One of the cornerstones of RPing is sharing ideas with one another and I hope that everyone can bring something cool to the table!

A question* I am taking straight from the manga: "Write one word. The word should match how you will fight in the upcoming battle. Only one word that you believe you will... need."
* for context, this question is asked on the first day of school, to all the students in the classroom.

"Well it's a word that sounds like what it means."

As a silly and somewhat literal sort of man, he doesn't take school too seriously and this question was only one of many that he considered a "piddy personality test." At the same time however, he's self-aware enough not to put down something pseudo-philosophical like "why", "no", or "yes." To him words are a means to an idea so what better than one that communicates its intent so well? (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) My character's word will be "discombobulated" to commemorate his love for funny-sounding words.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:42 pm

Nice to meet you, uh... what would you like me to call you? Cute-Face? Haha. You probably get that a lot, sorry. I'm tired.

Well, regarding new and interesting, I'll admit this rp has attracted a bunch of weirdos. Including you and bethelit. Something interesting should come from the mix.

Your character sounds kooky, I can't wait to see him.

angelwolf123
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:31 am

Nice to meet you too! I go by Eva, but I certainly like Cute-Face :3 It might be a busy week for me (prepping for finals and all that), but I'm hoping to submit something soon.

And yeah, thanks for having me <3

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Member for 7 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy World Builder Builder Inspiration Giver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!