Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!) » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon »

Players Wanted: Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] »

Character Profiles for "Persona: Mind's Edge"

a topic in Profiles, a part of the RPG forum.

Post all character profiles here.

Character Profiles for "Persona: Mind's Edge"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Wed May 04, 2011 7:20 am

"Everyone gets lonely
Every now and then
Feel like you've been forgotten
Or becoming a stranger to yourself
It's only your head and mind"

~ Tim Finn, Underwater Mountain

OOC Thread Here

Game Summary Here

Post all character applications in this thread here.

A quick repeat of the six semi-premade mains, however along with there being a lot of room to fill in you are perfectly allowed to play your own character or even a canon character from Persona (except for any silent protagonists), it's just that the story's actual focus is more geared towards the six.

(Warning that these links lead to Safebooru, which may feature slow loading and even bugs. I would link to the more reliable Danbooru, but that has NSFW ads, even if the pictures here are completely safe. Still, you should be able to trace what they look like through their Face Claims):

Character #1

Arcanum: Fool.
Weapon: Twin swords (Slash-type).
Element: Varies.
Skills: Interchangeable.
Other: Used to be friends with Character #5, but (for their players to elaborate on) they haven't seen each other in years, only recently reuniting through this letter.
Able to (eventually) form a romantic relationship with any other of the five main characters (even the girls), just as long as it's kept to a G-Rating.
Face Claim: Aoko Aozaki from Mahou Tsukai no Yoru.

Character #2

Arcanum: Empress (no, that was not a typo).
Weapon: Bow and Arrow (Pierce-type).
Element: Ice.
Skills: Healing.
De/Buffs: Makakaja and Makanda (Magic).
Face Claim: Tomoya Okazaki from CLANNAD.

Character #3

Arcanum: Emperor (again not a typo).
Weapon: 2-handed sword (Slash-type).
Element: Fire.
Skills: Physical power.
De/Buffs: Tarukaja and Rakunda.
Other: Was the one who found the Sphincter and posted the letter.
Face Claim: Yuri Nakamura from Angel Beats!

Character #4 (Taken)

Arcanum: Fortune.
Weapon: Boomerang (Strike-type).
Element: Wind.
Skills: 1hit-KO spells (Light and Dark).
De/Buffs: Sukukaja and Sukunda.
Face Claim: Masaomi Kida from Durarara!!

Character #5 (Taken)

Arcanum: Hermit.
Weapon: Dual tonfas (Strike-type).
Element: Lightning.
Skills: Status effects.
De/Buffs: Rakukaja and Tarunda.
Other: Used to be friends with Character #1, but (for their players to elaborate on) they haven't seen each other in years, only recently reuniting through this letter.
Face Claim: Mio Akiyama from K-ON!

Character #6 (Taken)

Arcanum: Hierophant.
Weapon: None.
Element: Neutral.
Skills: Shadow detection and analysis.
Face Claim: Sou Akiyama from Ushinawareta Mirai Wo Motomete.

Please note however, that if you vanish for too long a time without any prior notice, if you're playing one of the six mains I will consider your character 'abandoned' and will be perfectly able to give them to another player to continue the game. I promise you will still be credited as the one who fleshed them out, but just keep that in mind. Sorry for sounding harsh, but I'll need to make that clear for a game such as this one.

Here's the sheet for the six mains. Please remember that all Personae are to be based off mythical or historical characters, unless your character has a very good explanation as to why else (and do keep in mind the Persona series has made a lot of use already of Greek and Japanese mythology, we may be considering going for a Chinese theme now):
~ Character ~

Quote:
Name:
(Which character from #1 to #6?)
Personality:
History:
Motive:
(Reason for following the letter, or reason for writing the letter)
Equipment:
Starting Weapon:
(Will be makeshift versions of their listed weapon, at first anyway)
Combat: (Put all non-Persona battle information here, including combat strengths and faults)
Theme: (Try to stick to songs from established works, such as anime or video games, and try to make them fit your character)
- Leitmotif:
- Image Song:

Miscellaneous:
(Anything extra?)

~ Persona ~

Name:
Arcanum:
Appearance:
Legend:
Connection:
(How do they resemble or are linked to their summoner?)
Abilities: (In order to promote a freeform atmosphere, try to be more open and general with this, don't feel the need to list specific attacks or spells)
Resists: (What elements, e.g. Fire, Ice, Wind and Lightning, do they resist? At first, list only one)
Weakness: (Like with resistances, list just the one)
Face Claim:

Sheet for everyone else, please note that certain rules for the mains still apply for other characters:
~ Character ~

Quote:
Name:
Appearance:
(Please no live-action images, due to the game's style.)
Personality:
History:
Motivation:
Equipment:
Weapon:
Combat:
Theme:
- Leitmotif:
- Image Song:

Face Claim:
(If you're using an image, this is who the character used originally was and in what series. Apart from giving credit to their creator and answering any curiosity questions, should your image fail we can have some clue as to what they look like)
Miscellaneous:

~ Persona ~

Name:
Arcanum:
Appearance:
(Humanoid forms can be okay, but something more abstract-looking is preferred)
Legend:
Connection:
(How do they resemble or are linked to their summoner?)
Abilities: (Try to be more open and general with this, don't feel the need to list specific attacks or spells)
Resists: (What elements, e.g. Fire, Ice, Wind and Lightning, do they resist? At first, list only one)
Weakness: (Like with resistances, list just the one)
Face Claim:

Social Link List

Persona, being manifestations of the mind, receive energy and strength based upon the status of their summoner's mind. one way their summoner's mind can grow and advance is through tehir interactions with others, termed 'Social Links' or S-Links for short. Each S-link is divided into one of the Major Arcana of the Tarot, they are as follows:
Your Own Arcana: Group S-Link
Fool: Character #1
Empress: Character #2
Emperor: Character #3
Hierophant: Character #6
Hermit: Miyuki Kagamine.
Fortune: Ryuhei Noda.
Last edited by RomanesqueMarionette on Wed May 11, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
You are walking down the street minding your own business when:
"Whoooo. I am a scary man in a mask and I have just made you kill your own Grandfather at some point in the future so you will have never existed... whooo"
"Er, why?"
"Because it's so amazingly paradoxical... whooo"
"Right"
"Ah yes, but how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"
- DIY Sheep on Faction Paradox

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Character Profiles for "Persona: Mind's Edge"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lazuli on Wed May 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Okay I think so far this is good, if not you could tell me what to change up and I'll do so right away:
EDIT: Okay made some of the changes...hope it's better

Quote: “Think first, think again...then act”
Name: Miyuki Kagamine
Role: Character #5, Hermit

Personality: Miyuki is generally a friendly person and once she gets to know you better, will open up more. She’ll prefer to keep to herself and not say anything till she’s thought things through. Miyuki hates to jump into things without thinking about it first, impulsiveness being something she can’t take. Miyuki may also seem a little anti-social but she’s just shy and doesn’t interact with others that much, making her inexperienced with social skills.
Miyuki also isn’t a violent person and would much rather solve things peacefully than with violence, but if the situation calls for it she’ll do what she and won’t hold back. Miyuki doesn’t like to lie or be lied to and would much rather the truth, no matter how harsh it may be. She also tends to space out sometimes, retreating into her own private world to think about whatever has come across her.
Miyuki also has a tendency to try and observe people, making guesses in her head. She also tends to take things quite literally instead of metaphorically and has trouble understanding anything poetic.

History: Miyuki grew up in Saigoshi for most of her life and has almost never ventured out of the area.
Miyuki’s mother is a police officer in Saigoshi and doesn’t necessarily love her job, but she puts up with it to support her family. Her mother has always told her that it depends on your side of what is right or wrong and no one else should have to tell you otherwise. Miyuki has a great respect for her mother and would never allow anyone to say anything bad about her. Miyuki’s father perfers to do most of the cooking in the house, something her mother lacks the ability to do, he also is energetic and more "upbeat" out of the two. He stopped working to take care of the house with Miyuki's mother being out of the house a lot.

Motive: Hearing much about the Sphincter Reality in society, she wanted to find out more about it herself and understand it better. She thought it would be the perfect opportunity.

Possessions: -Cell phone
-Music player
-Books
-Notepad
-Wallet
-Pen/pencil
-House keys

Starting Weapon: Two police batons
Combat: Miyuki had studied in the art of Kobudo for a short time. She is generally well rounded in combat but is more experienced in defense and attack.

Theme: Heart Goes Boom!! by Hisaka Youko
Miscellaneous: A nervous quirk of hers, she tends to tweak her ears. She also gets freaked out by ghost stories and other scary things.

Persona
Summoner: Miyuki Kagamine
Name: Lady of Yue
Arcanum: Hermit

Appearance: Yue has short light brown hair and dark brown eyes. Her outfit consist of a lavender Chinese styled halter dress with detached sleeves and gold lining. A lavender ribbon tied in the back and knee-length tights with gold designs along with red and purple slippers. Yue carries around double-edged straight sword called a jian with a tassel attached to the hilt of the sword.

Legend: Lady of Yue was a woman of Chinese decent and appointed as a trainer for King Goujian’s best officers, her actual name is unknown. She is known for her great fighting prowess and military service.
Connection: Miyuki shares common traits with Yue, such as their feelings of violence should only be used if necessary. They both also choose to think things through and plan over jumping into things unprepared.

Abilities: Slash attacks and Zio spells.
Resists: Zio
Weakness: Ice

Face Claim: Chai Xianghua from Soul Calibur
Last edited by lazuli on Thu May 05, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You'll have to be a little more specific --- A lot of things are my fault."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lazuli
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A.wa.re on Wed May 04, 2011 9:54 pm

^Looks great to me!

Quote: “Quite an ace of spades, isn’t it?”
Name: Noda Ryuhei (given name Ryuhei)
Role: #4, Fortune

Personality:
Ryuhei was never the type of stay out of fights. He enjoys leaving graffiti tags just about everywhere- from ceilings to windows, though his capricious nature has him often changing his signature tag.
He is not seen as the most reliable kid on the block, but maybe it’s just because not many people understand what makes him tick. At his best he is playful and painfully honest, and at his worst he is wild and ferocious, and he keeps on the same smile and constant energetic outlook the entire way. A helpless packrat, he carries a lot of things he thinks might someday become useful.
Fighting Shadows is something he sees as troublesome and not worth glory, but he reckons there's some thrill in it.

History: Ryuhei has grown up and been in Saigoshi for as long as he has known, and for not much longer has been the city maverick. Ever since he was about twelve and delved deeper into street life, he hasn't been to his parents' house often. Presently Ryuhei still enjoys graffiti and has a good reputation for shirking any long-time responsibility.
Motive: He’s not about to say it out loud, but he wants more respect and recognition than as the ‘troublemaking brat’. His spoken reason is "to just have a bit of fun".

Equipment:
A spray paint can, a marker, a pocketknife, a cell phone, a money clip.
Also some extra trash such as: an old tarnished necklace, two paintbrushes, some rags, dice, and a sewing kit. (All carried in a canvas messenger bag)
Starting Weapon: An unusually sturdy broken half of a dark blue frisbee.

Combat: Ryuhei is highly agile, being able to dash here and there with relative ease, and his blows land hefty damage. However, his slight frame goes to show that he has very low defence and can be easily knocked down if stricken.

Theme:
Image song:Jap- Abingdon Boys School
Leitmotif: *will be added later, when I find a song*
Miscellaneous: N/A

Persona
Summoner: Noda Ryuhei
Name: Pulao
Arcanum: Wheel of Fortune
Appearance: Pulao is only about the size of its summoner’s arm, and appears above him in a sort of coiled, spiralling suspension. It glistens bronze in the light and has glowing white eyes.
Legend:
“The tulao's form is like that of a dragon, but small. By its nature it likes to roar, and has supernatural strength. [They] used to hang bells.”- Lu Rong
Connection: Its large roar and small stature can be related to Ryuhei’s flippant nature and excessive graffiti tagging; an ostentatious effort to be heard and be important, despite a naturally small place in the world.
Abilities: Wind spells.
Resists: Dark
Weakness: Electricity
Face Claim: Pulao
Last edited by A.wa.re on Sun May 08, 2011 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

A.wa.re
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Wed May 04, 2011 10:28 pm

@NaotoArisato: Sorry, but I'm afraid there's still a few things that need addressing. Firstly, as Character #5 Miyuki would be our designated Electricity/Zio spell user, Ryuhei as Character #4 already has the Wind element covered.

Secondly, I need to get something out of the way about Face Claims. It isn't enough for you to simply state who the original character was, you also have to state which series or work they were originally from.

About her history, Saigoshi is by no means a small town, I've called it decently-sized at the very least. I'm also not sure about the situation with her parents, if I may be honest I find it rather gender-pigeonholing and also potentially similar to the Doujimas, so I'd advise maybe swapping the mother and father around.

Also, you say she doesn't get much exercise but she also studies martial arts, and she's not good with her arms even though she's a tonfa user? Erm, that does sound a bit mixed-up there. When listing combat strengths and faults, my advice her as a videogame character in terms of 'attack-defence-speed' and all (alright, that does sound mixed-up from a GM wanting a more freeform experience).

I apologise if I was a bit too harsh there, I guess I'm just angry about something else entirely and don't know how to calm down right now. So I don't mean to be mad at you, it's just other things, that's all.

I've already approved Ryuhei back on the Interest Check thread, though I am a bit worried that he may sound more like the Magician than the Fortune Arcana, but that's something that can easily be addressed once the actual game begins.

But one last thing. "Themes" were intended to be more like Leitmotifs, not Image Songs. I mean, could you imagine JAP blaring as the group's just sitting down to lunch or something- actually in retrospect that does sound pretty cool.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lazuli on Thu May 05, 2011 6:18 pm

@Romanesque: I get what you mean, for some reason I had the strange thought that later she would gain more Zio skills. I don't know what was going through my head, I'll change it though.

Once again, P4 thinking. I keep relating Saigoshi to Inaba for some reason; I'll change it since it really isn't that much of a difference in her history. The whole Dojima-complex thing, I don't see much of it other than the father being in the law force and the mother not so much in the picture. I'll switch it up anyways, a female cop would be a nice change and the sickness thing...I'll just chuck it because I don't know where I was going with that anyways...

I guess mentioning she used to train a little in Kobudo; I guess the reason I threw that in was to explain her usage of tonfas. Much as to speculation on how the MC is so good with his weapon at first, people believed he was in a kendo club or something to that fact. Humans are contradictory beings I have to admit... I guess I could list it in RPG form if that's what you'd rather.

It' wasn't harsh, at least what I think. I hope whatever is bothering you isn't too stressful :) And the point about Themes...I generally suck at trying to find songs to fit my characters, so that's why I just prefer to leave it blank. Miyuki's theme is Mio's character image song, kind of the same concept right? Though if you have any other suggestions it would be nice to hear since I really don't have a variety of songs I know and listen too.

lazuli
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Thu May 05, 2011 9:38 pm

Oh it's fine, I'm okay now. I've actually just split Character Themes up into both Leitmotifs and Image Songs if it'll make things more focused from now on (Though technically Character Themes are optional anyway, so there's no need to stress too much over them). But I always like helping people find themes or images for their characters, even if I can be a bit indecisive about which ones would fit.

Well with that, Miyuki is officially accepted, though it is possible her sheet may need some revision once we have a player for Character #1. Or not. Really sorry I don't know which character to control myself.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lazuli on Fri May 06, 2011 4:40 pm

Okay well I guess I'll just keep Miyuki's Theme if it's alright with you, and I'm glad you're better now. And I know I'll have to change stuff when Character 1 comes along, hopefully not too much ^^

lazuli
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Fri May 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Alright, well that's good then.

However, from the things you've said about your studies, and also considering that I haven't seen A.wa.re logged in for quite a while (though maybe that's just from my perspective), plus the fact that I've still heard nothing more on Character #6 despite Tabris still clearly being active on the site, from here on I'm going to have to ask everyone about their Expected Posting Availability, for the sake of this RPG's activity. Hope that's alright with everyone.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A.wa.re on Fri May 06, 2011 8:00 pm

Yo. I'll post as much as I can, which'll be once a day at best and once every two days at worst, with some occasional discrepancies on good or bad days. It's not a problem, actually, that you asked. Better safe than sorry.
You haven't seen me online because I appear offline, but I'm on quite often, I assure you.

A.wa.re
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Sun May 08, 2011 1:15 am

Definitely needing to clear something up here. Until a recent edit the other characters skeleton said that humanoid appearances shoud\ld be alright though more abstract ones were preferred. That was an obvious typo, it was meant to go down to the Persona section. this shouldn't change anything, but just letting everyone know and wishing there weren't any misconceptions made.

I'll also be installing a new... let's call it a guideline. If anyone says they'd like to play a requested characters but a week goes by (that should be long enough) without anyone hearing a single word from them, their character will be put back into the 'Still Open' position. They can apply for that character by submitting a sheet, it's just that they'll have to hurry because they'll no longer be especially reserved for them. Hope that sounds fair enough.

I'm actually beginning to worry now that I'm strolling rather off-topic for a Profiles thread.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Mon May 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Well I'm afraid I have some bad news. Tabris told me in a PM that unfortunately he's too busy with upcoming exams to be able to join anymore, meaning Character #6 is open again.

I have been giving some thought lately as to antagonist characters besides just the Shadows, although keep in mind that I wouldn't want any central villain character out of fear that they might railroad the game and reduce the importance of any mystery.
Yet one idea I did have for an enemy character was a figure called the 'Secret Keeper', a miracle healer on the streets of Saigoshi, albeit a healer of emotional wounds rather than physical ones. Basically he uses his powers to remove any supressed mentions or troubling memories that may plague a person, without really telling them that he's cutting off a part of what is essentailly their own psyche. This also allows him to steal any potential Personae buried within his patients for himself to use, meaning he can use multiple Personae... although not really in a 'legitimate' way. He hopes to find a patient he can drain enough memories from that their mind will be left as nothing but a blank slate, so they could possibly be able to manifest the Wild Card.

Yet his title of 'Secret Keeper' has another meaning, as he knows what the world beyond the Fog is truly like, believing he can use this secret as a weapon to destroy the Government and eventually the City of Saigoshi itself, the trick is getting everyone to believe him.

Actually in retrospect, even though I've never seen the show, quite a few parts about him (his abilities in particular) may sound a bit too similar to Sylar from Heroes. Well, I do hope not, but ultimately he's nothing more than a random idea.

Edit: Decided to ditch the idea of the 'Secret Keeper', as I wouldn't want to portray anyone resembling a therapist or mental healer/helper as a villain. Really wasn't aware of this at the time, guess I just wasn't thinking. I may hold on to the idea of an enemy character who knows the secret of what lies outside Saigoshi though, but that's it.

I suppose certain teachers and government agents trying to cover up Saigoshi's darker, hidden aspects may also make for good antagonists, even if they may have to wait until slightly further on in the game.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 11 years

Katsuo Massaki

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Wed May 11, 2011 10:19 am

Quote: "Hesitation is a bad thing, but being hasty is even worse."

Name: Katuso (Katsu) Massaki

Role: #6

Personality: Katuso can be bossy and arrogant at times, he especially gets annoyed if people don’t listen to him. He likes to be in control to ensure everyone’s safety, he couldn’t live with himself if someone got harmed during a mission. He’s very analytical and a little bit of a nerd, always carrying his laptop around with him and making mental notes about people and things. He talks to himself, mainly because not many people actually want to talk to him. Reasons for this could be; he’s weird, he’s a nerd, he’s lonely and just plain strange! Although he considers himself as smart and doesn’t need people around to tell him that, this is where is arrogant side comes in. He always believes that his decisions are right and that they are not to be questioned, he takes great offence to those who question his decisions. On the inside he is actually rather lonely and just wants to be of use to everyone, making a name and place for himself in the world.

History: Katsuo transferred to Saigoshi a few months before the fog settled in, no one really believes him about the world outside the fog though. He lives with his parents, who don’t seem to like him that much, they are constantly complaining about the time he spends inside and that he doesn’t do enough outside. He goes to and from school every day, nothing really interesting going on there. He doesn’t really have any friends, he doesn’t make the effort, and they don’t make the effort. When at home and during holidays/weekends, he just stays inside on his laptop. He finds the fog really intriguing but never wanted to go inside of it by himself, when he found the letter, he decided it would be a good opportunity to explore the mysterious fog. He finds the stories about Persona and Shadows rather interesting and wishes to meet one who can utilize a persona one day. In his spare time he also writes a few stories and novels about the Persona users and they fights against the Shadows, though none have been published.

Motive: As stated in his background, Katsuo finds the fog rather interesting and wishes to check it out, though he wouldn’t do it alone. He also believes it would give him something else to write about, since he entered a phase of writer’s block.

Equipment: Laptop, Ipod, Notebook, Pens/Pencils, Cell-phone

Starting Weapon: N/A

Combat: Katuso is not a fighter, he does however have a quick mind to make decisions. He’s rather weak and hasn’t had a fight in his life, although he does get beaten up by people at school from time to time.

Theme:
- Leitmotif: N/A (Must Find)
- Image Song: http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/bleach/mypace.htm

Miscellaneous: N/A

~ Persona ~

Name: Nosoi

Arcanum: Hierophant

Appearance: Nosoi is technically a virus which lives inside Katsuo's computer, giving it the ability to detect shadows. However it can take a different form, outside of the computer. This form consists of a bird with 4 wings and a mask, which was originally worn by plague doctors in the middle ages. It's size is that of an eagle.

Legend: "Spirit of illness."

Connection: Like Katsuo, Nosoi is a lonely thing which everyone avoids at all costs.

Abilities: Shadow Detection, Diarama skills (Healing), Teleportation (Teleport Group Back, if they have not gone too far)

Resists: N/A

Weakness: N/A

Face Claim: Nosoi~ Greek Spirit Of Illness

I'm sorry it's not briliant, but here you go. Sorry about not doing it before. I decided i'd give it a go, but I may not be able to post THAT often, due to my exams, but should be one every 1-2 days. If anything is wrong and needs changing don't hesitate to tell me. Also I understand if you don't want to accept him. ^^
Last edited by Black on Thu May 12, 2011 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RomanesqueMarionette on Wed May 11, 2011 6:37 pm

^Well, for the most part it's actually pretty decent, and I really like how you've designed his character sheet, but yeah, certain things do need addressing (It's why I keep saying to PM me with your sheet firsthand).

Just calling him Katsuo Masaki (with one s) would sound a lot more Japanese, but I was also thinking that maybe the odd spelling could be an actual character point.

Erm, about having knowledge on what the world outside the Fog is like. It could be done, but you'd have to assume that I already have some sort of plan as to what is outside (which I do) hence why I've been keeping it such a secret. So if you're going to have that history, hope you don't mind hearing about some major spoilers for the game.

About Veira, while I actually quite like the idea of a Persona as a virus-type being, I did really want to go into Chinese legend to give the game its own theme. If you're interested a possible suggestion I have is Zhou Yu, with maybe Sima Yi and Zhuge Liang in its evolved forms? Problem is Katsu doesn't appear to have had anyone who could be a Sun Ce figure in the form of a friend (though that could change after the game begins), but otherwise Zhou Yu still fits someone wanting to give orders but who isn't a leader figure.
On the other hand, you could also go with Luo Guanzhong, the main writer of Romance of the Three Kingdoms, as a Persona, he could still be laptop-based if that's where Katsu writes everything. Although, considering how highly Guanzhong is revered he may be more Ultimate Persona material, you may have to search for other famous classic Chinese authors (such as Shi Nai'an or Wu Cheng'en/Ruzhong, though the latter may be more suited to the Hermit Arcana) for his other Personae.

Lastly, just an error more than anything, but while the Sphincter Realities may or may not be caused by the Fog, most of them are not actually in the Fog region, but scattered across town.

Other than that, should be about fine, I really am in no position to not be accepting of character sheets if I want to get this game underway, just a few little alterations and he should be ready to go. Plus I'm fine even if you can only post every second day or something, the thing is at least you've told us beforehand.

RomanesqueMarionette
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Thu May 12, 2011 3:16 am

Spoilers are fine. XD

I can change the name if you want me to. But I quite like Veria, so if possible, I don't really want to change it. (Veria is Virus in icelandic)

Is that all okay? I'm sorry my sheet wasn't that good. It was rather hard to fill it all out and took me a few hours. (in between studying)

Black
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black on Thu May 12, 2011 6:14 am

>.< Updated profile as best as I could. The only thing I could really find which would fit. Hope it's okay...If it's not then............

Black
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A.wa.re on Wed May 18, 2011 2:57 am

Bumping to say I'm still in on this. Rawr.

A.wa.re
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!