Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

The Ways of Samurai

Character Relations and Music

a part of “The Ways of Samurai”, a fictional universe by Skittle_Overlord.

There are many ways to live one's life, even if you are a Samurai. And who is to say which way is right.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Ways of Samurai”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character Relations and Music

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:26 pm

Tab

Here you will record your character's thoughts on other characters periodically, updating at your own will. You may also put music you think fits the roleplay or characters. To begin please put down what you think your character will think of the others, and see how it ends up playing out! This thread is for fun, don't stress out over it or take it too seriously.

Code: Select all
[center][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Decorative%20Stuff/4efb39b8-f279-4007-8a0d-d9277b1c60de_zpsvkafqfm7.png[/img]
[img]Banner[/img]
[font=garamond]{ Name } - { Role }
♥ = Romantic Interest || ☺ = Friends || ◑ = Neutral || ☠ = Enemies || ? = Unknown/Undecided || ∞ = Forever attached / "Family" || ☺◑ = Teammates, formerly or presently
[img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Decorative%20Stuff/c4abd737-f252-4be2-ab3c-1d85a4a58ba8_zps3amzsoxr.png[/img]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][size=300]「[/size][img]http://flont.veer.com/flontpng.aspx?text=Team%20Kobayashi&size=30&maxWidth=540&fontId=21397&lineheight=58&backcolor=01FFFFFF&color=FF000000&wrap=false&tracking=0[/img][size=300]」[/size][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[left][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Samurai/e95e4296-c606-4366-8a9c-eaa40407bb8b_zpsepnhlucf.jpg[/img][/left][b]Kohaku Souji[/b]
{ Symbol }
[color=#][i]"Quote"[/i][/color]
Explanation.[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[right][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Samurai/bee15b30-bd79-46fb-a9bc-d64285a479b3_zpsm1rmj42y.jpg[/img][/right][font=garamond][b]Kohaku Kana[/b]
{ Symbol }
Explanation.[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[left][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Samurai/0640b40b-9b34-44a4-a8ad-dd1918e3e117_zps9hxxyayw.jpg[/img][/left][font=garamond][b]Kurosawa Ryūnosuke[/b]
{ Symbol }
Explanation.[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[right][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Samurai/f1fe5026-8dba-4117-a257-5e052b6de388_zpsarmxrbjl.jpg[/img][/right][font=garamond][b]Haru Katsuro[/b]
{ Symbol }
Explanation.[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[left][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Samurai/20b9a785-2e4c-464a-b0c1-8b763b1a6494_zpszdxar3ke.jpg[/img][/left][font=garamond][b]Honda Shizuka[/b]
{ Symbol }
Explanation.[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[right][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Samurai/6374c9b1-e483-4312-9158-6f466768bfba_zpsltjcro2u.png[/img][/right][font=garamond][b]Fumio Hajime[/b]
{ Symbol }
Explanation.[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[left][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Samurai/f9798315-9259-45ce-b655-4a6af0dd3fc5_zps1hwvnwe3.jpg[/img][/left][font=garamond][b]Alexander Ornstein III[/b]
{ Symbol }
Explanation.[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[right][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Samurai/2490d7b6-c592-4202-956d-a2cbf791fb91_zpssq3xti7w.jpg[/img][/right][font=garamond][b]Kashou Honeshiro[/b]
{ Symbol }
Explanation.[/font]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][size=300]「[/size][img]http://flont.veer.com/flontpng.aspx?text=Team%20Yousuke&size=30&maxWidth=540&fontId=21397&lineheight=58&backcolor=01FFFFFF&color=FF000000&wrap=false&tracking=0[/img][size=300]」[/size][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[left][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Samurai/8e37fee4-83ae-41aa-95f5-f920a56f3ce3_zpsyhbuqvkj.jpg[/img][/left][font=garamond][b]Yousuke Haru[/b]
{ Symbol }
Explanation.[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[right][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Samurai/eeb89b81-77a6-41ca-879f-cc2828196165_zpsted7zmma.jpg[/img][/right][font=garamond][b]Amaya[/b]
{ Symbol }
Explanation.[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[left][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Samurai/67cdd9fb-6006-461f-8361-43d76e9828d1_zpsyezuzsw8.png[/img][/left][font=garamond][b]Kurosawa Tsubaki[/b]
{ Symbol }
Explanation.[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[right][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Samurai/d6a723d7-7485-4dd4-910b-b97eef6a3d52_zpsidc7or57.jpg[/img][/right][font=garamond][b]Yamata Fumio[/b]
{ Symbol }
Explanation.[/font]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[left][img]http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Verdandidandy/Samurai/ab99a967-ff4d-41b9-9ba6-b012233660a1_zpsire522zw.jpg[/img][/left][font=garamond][b]Miyamoto Shiori[/b]
{ Symbol }
Explanation.[/font][/center]
Last edited by Skittle_Overlord on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Character Relations and Music

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby soulmiester on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:17 pm

{ Haru Katsuro } - { One armed Ronin }
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GTogHysPv4
♥ = Romantic Interest || ☺ = Friends || ◑ = Neutral || ☠ = Enemies || ? = Unknown/Undecided || ∞ = Forever attached / "Family" || ☺◑ = Teammates, formerly or presently

ImageKohaku Souji
{ ☺◑ }
"A man of honor and discipline. Also our leader."
I'm sure this mans honor and leadership will lead us to victory in our upcoming venture. At least I am determined to make it so. He is a calming presence in an otherwise fairly rowdy group, and I find myself enjoying our discussions, be they matters of personal interest, tactics, or even poetry from time to time.

ImageKohaku Kana
{ ♥}
"Daughter of a man I greatly respect, and deserving of my personal respect as well."
Certainly the youngest of our little group, she appears dainty and fragile but has the heart of a warrior, and more grit than I've seen in most soldiers. Truly a force to be feared once she gets an idea in her head. Pretty cute too, but don't tell Souji I said so, he'll have my other arm for it!

ImageKurosawa Ryūnosuke
{ ☺◑ }
"While I appreciate his formality, I find it... somewhat unnecessary."
An expert in the art of swordplay, and a man of extreme honor and dignity. While I have nothing but respect for this man, his extreme adherence to discipline and formality make him somewhat unapproachable.

ImageHaru Katsuro
{ ? }
"Who, me?"
Never been very good at talking about myself. I suppose I'm more upset to be in this situation than anything, but I brought it upon myself, and will solve it on my own. Though having some comrades to help along the way doesn't hurt at all.

ImageHonda Shizuka
{ ◑ }
"Fairly quiet this one, though he always makes his opinion clear."
Often times more off-putting than my old commander! Despite his lack of speech the man is... extremely expresive. Or she, if my suspicious hold any ground. There were quite a few women disguised as men in my old unit, so its not all that uncommon really. Other than that Honda obviously does not think very highly of me, often times hissing at me.

ImageFumio Hajime
{ ☺◑}
"Hmm... He reminds me of men from my old unit."
Ah yes, Fumio-san. His sense of humor is rather dry and more often than not at the expense of others. I don't particularly mind so long as he makes no cracks about my arm that is.

ImageAlexander Ornstein III
{◑}
"A foreigner playing and a hunter. I find myself quite intrigued with his weaponry if nothing else."
I'm unsure how a boy of such... enthusiastic demeanor can be closely tied to our dear Fumio. It's quite strange to watch the two interact. I have seen plenty of muskets in my time, those his appear to be drastically modified, one for close quarters and the second for long range shots. The range and accuracy on the later is impressive in its own right, and I can foresee many tactical applications thereof.

ImageKashou Honeshiro
{ ☠ }
"I can't believe I'm forced to work with this man."
With no sense of honor or loyalty, how am I supposed to depend on him in dire situations? I cannot. I feel he would gladly hand over his comrades if it meant his own safety. Also he attempts to steal my meals.

ImageYousuke Haru
{ ☠}
"I'd kindly ask you to kill yourself, but I'd prefer to savor that pleasure myself."
We once clashed when the man attacked my family's home. He was a vastly superior swordsman, but I still managed to wound the man across the chest. My moment of pride was short lived, for seconds after he took my left arm. He then let me go. He is an honorable man, and as such I greatly await our next confrontation.

ImageAmaya
{ ☠ }
"Tch, a servant of the man I must fight. Should she stand before me I will cut her down, no exceptions."
I don't care if she is a woman, I've seen women wield a sword better than many men I know, I will cut her down if she stands between me and Yousuke.

ImageKurosawa Tsubaki
{ ☠ ? }
"If I understand correctly she has some sort of relation to Kurosawa-san."
Apparently she serves the warlord unwillingly. I don't entirely understand the situation, but I will refrain from killing her if possible. Besides, if she truly does not wish to serve him, she could become a potential ally.

ImageYamata Fumio
{ ☠ }
"Only cowards resort to such tactics."
Not only does he serve my enemy, but he resorts to such vile tactics as poison. Truly I will lose no sleep at night for having slain this man.

ImageMiyamoto Shiori
{ ☠ }
"Yet another assassin in the warlord's service."
More women in the warlord's employ, though she is decidedly... odd, even for one of Yousuke's men. Women. Whatever.
Last edited by soulmiester on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

soulmiester
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wudgeous on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:20 pm

{ Royal Bastard ; Brutish Ronin }
|| ♥ = Romantic Interest || ☺ = Friends || ◑ = Neutral || ☠ = Enemies || ? = Unknown/Undecided ||
|| ∞ = Forever attached / "Family" || ☺◑ = Teammates, formerly or presently ||

ImageKohaku Souji
{ ◑Fushimi Castle - Onimusha◑ }
"Ha...! You haven't grown much at all!"
Bit serious, in'ne? Kohaku Souji is one of the few people physically anywhere near Hajime in age, but he's not certain he has any opinion on that one way or another. Hajime has no kindred emotions for the man, and to be frank, they have very little in common. He is rather toying with the idea of garnering as much disapproval as he can before they're cut from their mortal coils....

ImageKohaku Kana
{ ◑Village Theme II - Inuyasha Secret of the Cursed Mask◑ }
"Stay well behind me, little girl, lest you get a premature haircut."
Kohaku's sprightly daughter, Kana-chan. She'd be terribly pretty if she were older, but he thinks little of her in her current state. As long as she doesn't start hanging off of him like a certain other person with a youthful demeanor, he's not complaining too much, and might even be a bit sociable.

ImageKurosawa Ryūnosuke
{ ◑Fang - Dead or Alive◑ }
"How old did you say you were?"
Odd, tall young man, who more appears than he enters a space; suggesting a good control of aura and killing intent. Hajime has no doubt in his mind that this man has killed before. He seems to have need for very little in life, which is also offputting. However, he seems exceptionally patient, and Hajime may have to test its limits before he sees fit to share his thoughts on this Kurosawa character.

ImageHaru Katsuro
{ ◑☺Iai no Kyoujin - Hunter X Hunter☺◑ }
"So, can you tell me when it's about to rain?"
One-armed man, interesting character. They don't have a pretense of friendship so much as Hajime is friendly towards him, while in the back of his mind drafting little ways to make the old wound hurt that much more... Nothing personal, just a frivolous, absentminded aspect of his job that he takes with him into daily life. But he likes Haru, because he likes people who are easily flustered. Sort of like a cat enjoying the company of a hedgehog.

ImageHonda Shizuka
{ ◑☺Red Samurai - Onimusha☺◑ }
"Current state of our government sure is shit, eh? What's your take on it? Yeah, stunning. I think so, too."
The amount of words being put into Honda's mouth will be unbelievable. It's unlikely that Honda has met anyone that will be quite as audacious as Hajime, yet he'll manage to skate by a line without quite crossing it, not yet, never fully incurring wrath. But it certainly might be annoying. He knows full well that Honda can't speak, but will develop a habit of goading her to do so.
There is a darkness in this Honda that he quite enjoys being near, and perhaps one day he hopes to see that darkness materialize before him.

ImageFumio Hajime
{ ♥☺Sleeping Terror - Gensou Shoujo Taisen☺♥ }
"Handsome mug... Tcht, is that a new scar?"
Hajime really likes this guy's company, and thinks he has potential for the greatest things in life.

{ ◑Title Theme - Inuyasha Secret of the Cursed Mask◑ }
"Damn brat needs his head checked. The sooner he gets home the better."
Hajime is honestly taken aback by the little bastard, how much he's grown, and that he was crazy enough to follow him back to to his faraway homeland. He supposes that is the magic of poisoning a youth's mind when they're young... Overall, he finds Alexander to be an annoying hassle, but doesn't mind being around him day-to-day, per se. Fighting alongside one another might kind of welcoming, in change of pace sort way. But it will always be subpar to fighting alone, as he prefers being as macabre as he wants to his enemies.
Rule of thumb though, Hajime doesn't appreciate being asked a lot of questions.

ImageKashou Honeshiro
{ ◑ Sakon Shima - Onimusha ◑ }
"Why do you look like you've been living in a sewer? ...Why do you SMELL like it, too?!"
Twenty years ago.... ah, no, it's nothing. They used to run with similar people. No matter what Honeshiro says, they are not friends, and were never friends. Hajime supposes it was vain hope to think that the man could improve his hygiene over time.
Oh? Oh no, Hajime's not scared of that bastard. You know, other than catching leprosy. His secret makes him stronger than he looks, but Hajime has met far, far worse. Of course, that was only during his later years.

ImageYousuke Haru
{ ◑Fly - Yakuza 3◑ }
"So many wish for your death, pray for it, beseech at the feet of ronin for it. Wouldn't it be a shame... if I reached you first...?"
It would be terribly funny if Hajime reached him first, really. Hajime would laugh for days. He really does not care about the warlord one way or the other though; the man is only relevant to him because money is involved.

ImageAmaya
{ ◑Kikyou no Kokoro - Inuyasha◑ }
"So is this hourly, or do we get paid per head, or...?"
In the same way he cares little for Yousuke, he will care little for his young tactician. Really, he has no thoughts to spare. Should they clash, he will treat her no differently than a male warrior.

ImageKurosawa Tsubaki
{ ◑ Roberto - Onimusha ◑ }
"Tcht... another woman."
It won't matter to him whether she's employed willingly or not--if you wish to save her, do it before Hajime even sees her. He'll be especially irritable once he finds out she's a shapeshifter, as he's had some piss poor experience with those bastards... though he's never met a female one.
If she weren't on the enemy team, she would be just his type ♥

ImageYamata Fumio
{ ◑ Black Oni Hideyoshi - Onimusha ◑ }
"One Fumio per side of the Shogi board, eh?"
White-haired, frou frou looking guy, not much to think. The quicker he's out of the way, the better. There's something not right with him, you can see it in his eyes; but this doesn't bother Hajime too much. Just another obstacle in the way of his prize.

ImageFujimaki Taro
{ ◑ Devil Kings - Thunderbolt ◑ }
"Shame he's over there, and I'm all the way over here. A-boo, a-boo-hoo-hoo."
Hajime pantomimes wiping away the sadness tears his eyes.
Seems like a good kid, he'll be all right in a fight. Hajime can't profess to share his enthusiasm--what can he say, he's an old man--but once Taro demonstrates that his army training has actually done good things for him, things can begin to get interesting.
That cat thing of his is fucking weird though. Damn near fetishist.

ImageMiyamoto Shiori
{ ☠Trailer Theme - Yakuza Dead Souls☠ }
"....."
There's something deeply, inherently unnerving about that woman... That creature hiding behind the mask. He can sense exactly how monstrous her true form is, and how little she thinks of humankind--how irrelevant they are to her.
There will be no interrogation if he catches her, no point to trying to wring out anything from her stoic soul. Regardless of any mission or objective, he wants to kill her.

ImageMuga Akumu
{ ◑ Onimusha - Russian Roulette ◑ }
"Wouldn't mind drinking with 'im, I guess."
Such a handsome face, offset by being such a creature of horrendous habits. Hajime, in general, loves being around people of vice, and loves to encourage them to grow decrepit and disgusting as they age.
Oh yeah, there was something about a rampant destructive attitude, too--but he can factor that in as habit, right? He may have seen Muga in passing, having spent some time in the House of Earth, but there would have been little exchange between them; Hajime looked and smelled a lot like youkai at the time.
Last edited by Wudgeous on Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Wudgeous
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:27 am

{ Kohaku Souji } - { Samurai, retainer to Lady Kobayashi }

ImageKohaku Souji
{ ◑ }
"One can always improve oneself."
Whether it be in matters of your inner conduct or sword technique, a bushi must always work to improve himself.

ImageKohaku Kana
{ ∞ }
"Kana... please stop sneaking my poetry journal from my bag. It's rather personal."
Kana is his only family and child. He keeps her close out of the fear that he could lose her at any moment to a passing youkai. And in this uncertain life she often ends up doing whatever she pleases. He is very in denial that his little girl will eventually grow up and still treats her as a child. Their motto is "The Kohaku's always stick together.", and he'll have to repeat it to himself many times this journey as things become more dangerous. He has no other choice but to keep her near in his mind.

ImageKurosawa Ryūnosuke
{ ◑? }
"The only one to stay when I iterated the job I was hiring for, and on time. I Won't forget that."
Another person Souji appreciates. He wouldn't know at first what he is but maybe after speaking with Kana and how she senses something from him he'd suspect. His polite candor may change into guardedness at this. Though I don't see it as developing into anything other than a misunderstanding. To which their potential friendship could continue.They both like poetry too so clearly they're going to end up poetry buds if I have anything to do about it.

ImageHaru Katsuro
{ ☺ }
"A very reasonable young man."
A former enlisted soldier. Souji can see that he is an honorable man and appreciates that. He also appreciates that Katsuro is less rowdy than a good deal of the group. They talk often and it is an added bonus that Katsuro has personal reasons to join the group.

ImageHonda Shizuka
{ ☺◑ }
"It is said the young are often passionate."
This one worries Souji a bit, if only for their recklessness. It's clear that Honda has a personal increment to this mission and is very determined to see it through. Souji admires this with the same breadth he worries for it. They way Honda doesn't hide his feelings also reminds him of an angrier Kana. The resemblance probably has something to do with his increasing suspicion that Honda is actually a woman but doesn't think of it much because he's too polite to assume such a thing. It is also none of his business.

ImageFumio Hajime
{ ◑ ☠-ish }
"...How good of him to come along."
Not that it would have made a difference if the man had stayed to do his duty, but there's a bit of resentment Souji feels for Hajime not being there when the Kobayashi household was attacked. He is everything Souji promised to never be. After introductions Souji will recall knowing a nineteen year old when he was eight years old who rebelled quite a bit. Souji vowed to never be like him and redoubled his efforts to be disciplined, the whole thing was quite a scandal, but his younger brother took the opposite direction it seemed and eventually left in much the same manner Hajime did. The more time Souji spends around Fumio the more he'd be displeased with him I think, until he finally snapped and they'd have to work it out maybe?? It'd be a tad emotional for the usual Souji.

{ ◑ }
"This group is rather... unique, in more than one way."
A foreigner. Souji is weary of his reckless manners but understands, and may even direct him to the proper way of doing things sometimes. But mostly he is weary of his weaponry, which he's never before seen the likes of. The curiosity of where this person has been tickles him but he won't ask. He'll leave those questions to Kana. Besides, the boy, and Souji does consider him a boy rather than a man, seems particularly loyal to Fumio.

ImageKashou Honeshiro
{ ? }
"Unfortunate."
This one has an air of danger around him that Souji can't place. The danger of desperation and a hunger that doesn't ever seem to stop. Souji keeps Kana away from this one, which is a full time job as she seems intent on trying to feed him until he's full. But Souji needs every man he can get, and this one is rather vicious with a sword.

ImageYousuke Haru
{ ☠ }
"A disgusting warmonger grasping at straw."
There was no reason to attack the kobayashi household, no reason at all except weakness. Their territory and home was small and even humble in comparison to others, but that is likely why it was attacked, easy prey. With no consideration for the peaceable district this man took his home and usurped their way of life. Souji lost many friends that night, and almost lost his family. Souji isn't sure how, but they're going to make this man pay the price of blood for what he's done.

ImageAmaya
{ ☠ }
"From what I heard she did not come into his service until after he murdered the Kobayashi family."
Suspicion and mild confusion at her status. But overall it would be irrelevant to him, she is the enemy. He wouldn't kill her though. She's much too young. There are ways to stop someone without killing them.

ImageKurosawa Tsubaki
{ ☠ }
"A little too fast, isn't she."
Much the same as Amaya until he figures out what she is. In which case Souji is going to need to rethink his approach, just what resources does this damn warlord have?

ImageYamata Fumio
{ ☠ }
"...We need to kill him as quickly as we can."
Souji knows what this kind of difference in appearance means and it would alarm him. Youkai pose a big threat to himself and his daughter.

ImageMiyamoto Shiori
{ ☠ }
"This one is in the way too."
This one is clearly youkia as well. Souji will definitely be alarmed at what is going on.
Last edited by Skittle_Overlord on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gray on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:21 am

Fumio Hajime
This is the only person Alexander knows here. While he is interested in making more friends, his master will always hold a special place in Alexander's heart. Alex knows that his master can be a bit -rough around the edges, but that's okay. In the end, his master will always be his master. He'd follow Hajime to the depths of hell and back.

Kohaku Kana- There’s something about this girl, which Alexander can definitely vibe with. She likes the wilderness, he likes the wilderness. Neither have ever killed a man before, either. He’ll just tread carefully about that whole greatest monster hunter thing.

Ryunosuke- He smells different, like no human Alex has ever encountered. The pair can definitely bond on tales of honor. However, Alex does enjoy needlessly killing for sport. He views it as a test of manhood, so it is likely that there might be some coming qualms based around this.

Kurosaki Tsubasa- Alex can’t help but think she’s on the wrong side. Beyond that, Alex is FULL of foolish notions like love and justice. However. SHE USES A BOW! Someone else appreciates the power of range.

Yamata Fumio- Like any other person who follows a despicable warlord, Alexander won’t know much about him. However, unlike many other people who follow a despicable warlord, this one’s name is Fumio. Which reminds Alex of his master Fumio. However, no mercy will be spared on Yamata.

Kohaku Souji- Let me get this straight; old master… check. Carries a katana… double check, has the grizzled look of a master Samurai?! TARGET CONFIRMED. Alexander will be pestering him to no end to teach him the mystical ways of the sword. Who better to learn it from than a man who looks like he’s seen a few of Master’s demons.

EVIL WARLORD YOSUKE- Alexander knows not why he’s trying to kill this man. But he does know what is spoken about him, he’s evil, he’s a usurper. He’s dishonorable. But Alex knows he is strong…maybe even the strongest. So he will go against this man as a test of his own strength.

Haru Katsuro- One arm and still fights? Alex might be able to learn a thing or two from this toughened veteran.

Amaya- She’s on the enemy side. She seems like an assassin. Lacking honor, and an enemy. Not off to the best of starts. However, Amaya uses ranged weaponry, so I'll consider her up for long term evaluation.

Gray
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verdandi on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:42 pm

{ Kurosawa Ryūnosuke } - { Ronin, Exiled Yōkai Lordling }
♥ = Romantic Interest || ☺ = Friends || ◑ = Neutral || ☠ = Enemies || ? = Unknown, Undecided || ∞ = Forever attached / "Family" || ☺◑ = Teammates, formerly or presently

ImageKohaku Souji
{ ☺◑ }
"He seems to be both capable leader and disciplined swordsman. There is nothing to be disdained in that."
As someone who tends in the direction of believing the better until the worse is proven, Ryūnosuke does not anticipate having any issues following the direction of a man like Kohaku-sama. It is also true that he prefers to make friends with those he is most often around, but he understands that circumstances do not always permit such things, and as such, he fully intends to stay out of the man’s way unless some kind of indication is given that further communication might be welcome. He imagines they would get along quite well, though whether anything comes of that suspicion remains to be seen.

ImageKohaku Kana
{ ☺◑ }
"Curious."
Kohaku-sama’s daughter is not entirely human. This is something that Ryūnosuke will be able to pick up on rather quickly, though he won’t exactly be sure what to do about it, as she is young enough that she may not yet be aware of this fact about herself, depending on how much her father has told her. He doesn’t have the bitter hatred of hanyō that some of his kind are given to, though… this is not to say he never did. Perhaps it is some lingering sense of guilt that will cause him to keep his distance at first, but his better nature is such that if he thinks he might be able to help in some way, he probably won’t be able to mind his own business as much as he’d prefer to.

ImageKurosawa Ryūnosuke
{ ☺ | ☠ }
"I might just be having the best century of my life. Or the worst. It’s hard to tell, believe it or not."
Well, he’s come a long way from what he used to be, that’s for sure. That doesn’t mean he’s fully escaped his vices, of course; he doubts anyone is fully capable of that. He’s certainly not. Which isn’t to say that he plans to stop trying soon. One day, he’ll figure out who he wants to become, and until them, he’ll muddle through as best he can.

ImageHaru Katsuro
{ ☺◑ }
"An admirable sort… I think."
Ryūnosuke won’t likely get much of a first impression of Haru-san, besides of course noticing several things that are obvious. Notably, he won’t really treat the missing arm as something to be remarked upon at all—he will neither admire nor pity the other swordsman for being in that situation. Haru’s discipline in training is rather independent of the number of arms he has, and that, he will find quite respectable.

ImageHonda Shizuka
{ ☺◑ }
"I… hm. There’s something… but perhaps it is only my imagination."
Being a rather perceptive sort of fellow, Ryūnosuke will nevertheless not be able to identify that the slight sense of discord he experiences when observing Honda-san is because the warrior in question is female… at least not until a particular time of the month changes her, ehem, smell, in which case he’ll figure it out. Being from a society where women fighting isn’t really all that unusual, he won’t especially care. Having occupied this society long enough to understand the need to hide, however, he probably won’t even mention it, certainly not to anyone else.

ImageFumio Hajime
{ ☺◑ }
"There has to be some reason he is the way he is… right?"
Given his tendency to assume the best of others, he’s going to initially be pretty sure that Fumio-san has some redeeming feature hiding deep down inside. Perhaps very deep. If he should be convinced to give up on that, he’ll instead suppose that there’s at lest a somewhat-justificatory explanation for the fact that he’s… ah… the way he is. Probably very misguided, if not plain-out irrelevant, but sometimes, circumstances can force unlikely alliances, and while he probably won’t find the man’s company pleasant at any point, he will endeavor not to be antagonistic.

{ ☺◑ }
"I would find it difficult to believe that anyone could be that naïve… if I hadn’t once been exactly the same."
Ornstein-san’s not going to last long with an attitude like the one he has, or so thinks Ryūnosuke, anyway. He’s been wrong before, but in this case, it’s personal experience that leads him to think so, fallible guide though it may be. Though it is somewhat difficult to tell the relative quality of foreign garments and suchlike, Ryū would bet good money that the youth is some kind of nobility wherever he comes from. Peasants don’t usually stay that oblivious for that long. That said, he doesn’t find anything objectionable in the lad’s demeanor, just… probably dangerous. They’d probably actually get along reasonably well, though the issue of sport-killing would have to be avoided, at least most of the time.

ImageKashou Honeshiro
{ ☺◑ }
"I remember hunger. Remember isn’t even the right word. I know it."
Assuming he manages to figure out what Kashou-san’s issue is, which probably won’t be that difficult, Ryūnosuke will probably, in all seriousness, offer to knock him out or otherwise subdue him if it should become a problem. This, of course, makes the perhaps-unwarranted assumption that Kashou would be interested in something like that, which he may well not be. In which case, well… it’ll be less a favor and more an aggressive maneuver, but either way, Ryūnosuke will not hesitate. That said, he sees no reason to assume that Honeshiro’s worse nature will get the better of him, only that it might. And that’s true of all of them.

ImageYousuke Haru
{ ◑ }
"I do not know what kind of man he is, and it would be remiss of me to form an opinion before I do."
That said… he’s not given to agreeing with violent conquering agendas, so that’s perhaps a point against Yousuke. Once he discovers just how many of the most important people in his life are somehow bound up with or entrapped by the man, however, his opinion is quite likely to both get muddied and shift generally in a negative direction.

ImageAmaya
{ ◑ }
"Yousuke’s tactician is a sharp one."
Far be it from him to fail to acknowledge the merits of others, even his foes. Amaya is clever—she would have to be. Even the most powerful of individuals, and there is no mistaking that Yousuke is a powerful individual, could not make it far or long in a campaign like this without the right tactics and strategy. If indeed Amaya is responsible for those things—and she does seem quite young for the job—then there is no mistaking that her aplomb in the art is something to be respected.

ImageKurosawa Tsubaki
{ ∞ }
"There are not words adequate for family."
Tsubaki is Ryū’s sister. While they are not currently on the best of terms, perhaps somewhat estranged, their bond runs deeper than whatever disagreements they are having now. That is simply in the nature of being yōkai, and perhaps in the nature of being family. He does not know of Tsubaki’s employment under Yousuke, nor its terms. His first priority upon discovering her presence among his foes will likely be to change the situation somehow so that she is not his foe, but this will prove to be a difficult task.

ImageFujimaki Taro
{ ◑ }
"I wonder what it must be like, to feel free of moral obligation."
It probably won’t escape Ryūnosuke’s notice that Fujimaki-san doesn’t seem to have much by way of honor or compunction. It is not, of course, the first time he has come across such an attitude—but that doesn’t mean he understands it any more now than he ever has. It seems an impoverished life, to live alone and for the sake of oneself rather than others, but perhaps it only seems so from the outside. Either way, they are at opposite ends of this conflict, and for as long as war is insisted upon, they will likely be foes. It is nothing personal, only necessity.

ImageMiyamoto Shiori
{ ☺ | ? }
"I have the sense that I know her from somewhere…"
There was one other friend the Kurosawa siblings made in their numerous ventures to the kingdom under the sea, and that was a strange, reticent girl, daughter perhaps of a merchant family—Ryūnosuke never cared what her social status was, and so he never asked. She was considerably less likely to be free to see himself and Tsubaki when they were physically present, and so the majority of their interactions actually took place via written letters. Ryū’s letters would usually be conscious attempts by him to take her mind off what he sensed were troubles she wasn’t willing to write about, so he’d tell her stories about his home and the people in it, or the landscapes, or whatever other ridiculous thing came to mind. The correspondence, of course, ceased when he was exiled, and he always wondered what became of Shiori, though it had been so long since they saw one another that he is almost certain not to know her on sight.

ImageMuga Akumu
{ ◑ }
"I do not hate, but if I did…"
There are some people who are truly incapable of change, set in their ways such that even if they ever came to see that there was another, better way to live, they would simply not be able to alter themselves to fit it. This is regrettable. But then, there are some people who are perfectly capable of being other than they are, better than they are, and choose not to, because they simply don’t care enough about anything other than themselves. This is deplorable. Ryūnosuke will probably not be able to tell which one of these kinds of people Muga is at first encounter, but he will strongly suspect he is the second. If he ever finds out just what the man plans to do to his sister… things might get ugly.
Last edited by Verdandi on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Verdandi
Member for 6 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:10 pm

{ Kohaku Kana } - { Secretly a Spring Yosei Hanyou }
♥ = Romantic Interest || ☺ = Friends, combined with ♥ = besties || ◑ = Neutral || ☠ = Enemies || ? = Unknown/Undecided || ∞ = Forever attached / "Family" || ☺◑ = Teammates, formerly or presently

ImageKohaku Souji
{ ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞+∞ }
"But father your poetry is so good people should hear it more!"
Kana thinks the world of her father, convinced he's the most honorable bushi in the Japan. Whatever he says she considers very carefully, and in her opinion she listens to what he says quite a bit. That's not quite the truth but even if she is willful she won't disregard him without a good enough reason, or whatever she considers a good enough reason anyway. There are many habits and rituals the two have, like dumplings and Kana doing his hair and stealing his poetry journal that make sure that they interact often, even if she is getting older and venturing away from him more often now. It used to be that she was always clinging to him, but she's not little anymore and he doesn't seem to get that. Kana can get a little exasperated at the way he wants to always know wherever she is at any given moment. Kana isn't too terribly aware when it comes to her status as an disobedient daughter.

ImageKohaku Kana
{ ♥ }
"Hey who's this girl she's cute!"
What do you mean you don't find her cute? Get your eyes checked!

ImageKurosawa Ryūnosuke
{ ?☺?♥ }
"Are you sure we've never met before? I'm pretty sure I'd remember someone with those eyes."
There's this familiar feeling Kana gets from Kurosawa but doesn't know why or what that is? She's not sure what the feeling is but it confuses her, which makes her want to know more about the man. She will stare from time to time, and ask a lot fo question and in general make herself a nuisance. She's not usually awkward around people, but around Kurosawa she probably will be. She won't be able to stop herself from gravitating to him though, no matter how awkward.

ImageHaru Katsuro
{ ☺?♥ }
"He's handsome isn't he?"
Haru is just the sort of guy Kana would have a crush on, which has maybe happened once or twice in her lifetime. She actually had a crush on one of Lady Chinatsu-dono's sons, and was extremely upset for his loss in particular. If Haru flirts with her it'll probably go over her head though. More importantly she'll want to be his friend. The fact that he's a one armed bushi is impressive and a great show of inner strength that Kana will respect a great deal. She'll also greatly appreciate that he gets along well with her father, who hasn't had a good friend in three years.

ImageHonda Shizuka
{ ☺♥ }
"Oh look more handsome people!"
There's a special place in Kana's heart for girls, as she hasn't had very many friends who are girls until very recently in Edo. She'll be able to tell right away Honda's gender and immediately seek to make friends. I mean how cool is that? A girl who decided to live as a man and learn the way of the sword?! Kana must be friends with her. Their communication will be funny and interesting most likely, as kana will try to guess what Honda wants to say often and at rapid fire speeds. Kana will also purposefully put words in Honda's mouth to be both funny and because she really wants to eat at that particular restaurant ex: "Honda-san wants to stop here and eat he says the food here is good!"

ImageFumio Hajime
{ ☺ }
"He's just more special that's all."
Look he's part of the team ok, she's going to make nice even if it kills her. She's no shrinking violet so give your best shot Fumio, it won't deter her.

{ ☺I☠ }
"His hair is so pretty, and he looks so funny. This is a foreigner huh?"
Kana is definitely going to be curious about Alexander and all his journeys and quests. His cheery and friendly nature is definitely going to mix well with Kana's they'd get along swell, that is until she learns that he likes to hunt for sport and glory. At which point Kana will be horrified. What did these animals ever do to him to warrant such treatment? Treat your surroundings with more respect! If you're going to hunt you better eat that animal and use all you can from it. Kana hopes not all foreigners are this distressing. If she sees him trying to hunt she'll probably forcibly stop him.

ImageKashou Honeshiro
{ ☺♥ }
"How can one person be so hungry?!"
[in discussion]

ImageYousuke Haru
{ ☠ }
">:c"
He took her home, all of her friends, and ruined the mind of Kana's greatest role model. Kana has never wished anyone dead before, and feels guilty at doing so, but she is still very sure that this man must at least be stopped. She wants her home back. She wonders often if he ever feels bad for what he's done.

ImageAmaya
{ ☠ }
">:c"
Kana won't feel any one way or another until she learns that Amaya and she are both Hanyou. She'll just know that they are enemies, that may or may not change things between them. It might even change things with Yousuke. Good thing Kana doesn't have to worry about things like that yet, it's much easier when right and wrong are black and white.

ImageKurosawa Tsubaki
{ ☠ }
"Well we have to save her right?"
She's just an enemy until it comes to light that she's Kurosawa-san's sister and not there willingly. And if it comes to light that she's trapped there Kana's going to want to rescue her somehow, even if it means jeopardizing the mission.

ImageYamata Fumio
{ ☠ }
"Why is his hair white? And his eyes are the same color as Kurosawa-san's?"
His appearance is going to make her think he's some sort of foreigner. But again if the situation comes to light Kana is going to want to find a way to set him free too.

ImageMiyamoto Shiori
{ ☠ }
"Ah, wait, how many foreigners are here exactly?!"
Shiori's garb is very foreign to anything Kana's ever seen. And she'll assume Shiori is there unwillingly too if she ever finds out about Yousuke using youkai to do his bidding, and would be very surprised to hear that she is there willingly. What is wrong with this person?

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verdandi on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:14 pm

{ Kurosawa Tsubaki } - { Kunoichi, Banished Tsukihime }
♥ = Romantic Interest || ☺ = Friends || ◑ = Neutral || ☠ = Enemies || ∞ = Forever attached / "Family" || ☺◑ = Teammates, formerly or presently

ImageKohaku Souji
{ ◑ }
"A samurai who seeks revenge on Yousuke. It’s perfectly fine by me if he succeeds."
Tsubaki doesn’t know much about Kohaku Souji, and she doesn’t really care to. She knows he works for the remainder of the Kobayashi, and knows he gathers ronin now in some sort of desperate bid for vengeance. It’s actually kind of a stupid reason to want revenge, she thinks, but then she cares so little about human politics that she doesn’t even bother to judge. Judging takes energy she’d rather not waste. At any rate, there’s a chance she can use him and his merry little band of misfits at some point in the future (though more likely, she’ll just have to help kill them), so for now, she’ll keep an eye on the situation.

ImageKohaku Kana
{ ◑ }
"That samurai’s daughter, I suppose."
The little Kohaku. Honestly, the girl might in a very roundabout sort of way, remind her of Ryūnosuke, which will irritate her because she’s not supposed to have any sympathy whatsoever with anyone involved in this whole mess. Remaining detached is probably the only way she comes out of this intact, after all, and she does desire to eventually wash her hands of the whole affair. Nevertheless, even a resemblance will not stop her from doing what she believes she has to.

ImageKurosawa Ryūnosuke
{ ∞ }
"My brother. My friend. That annoying voice in the back of my head that I think people call a conscience."
Tsubaki’s relationship with her brother is complicated. On the one hand, there is a deep familial affection and loyalty there, which has stood the test of centuries, and she wouldn’t give it up for the world. On the other, well… they’re very different people, and they always have been. Also, it’s basically Ryūnosuke’s fault she’s been exiled from her home and forced to live among humans for the foreseeable future, so she’s not especially happy with him at the moment, one could say. Tsubaki recognizes somewhere deep down that her brother is a better person than she is. She’s also quite confident that it will be the end of him one day, and she dreads that.

ImageHaru Katsuro
{ ◑ }
"Oh look, someone else who wants to kill Yousuke. Didn’t he scar him once? Small reward, for the loss of an arm."
First impressions? Honestly? She won’t be any more interested in bothering with Haru than she suspects Haru would be in bothering with her. He definitely comes across as one of those “honor before reason” types, and they generally tend to look down upon those trained in the way Tsubaki was. She in response tends to look right back down on them, because really, how dare they presume anything about her, however accurate it might be?

ImageHonda Shizuka
{ ◑ }
"Another of Kohaku’s people, right? He seems to have assembled quite the array of rejects."
At least this one’s quiet.

ImageFumio Hajime
{ ◑ }
"I think I’ve heard the name. Once in a bar or something. Something about decapitations… I wasn’t really listening."
Fumio’s name circulates in bars and the like in certain parts of Edo. Part of Tsubaki’s job is gathering information. That said, she’s likely at least peripherally aware of some of the more… interesting tales of his ventures, and really it just goes to show that you don’t have to be a demon to be a murdering bastard. Of course, a lot of yōkai are murdering bastards, at least to some degree, so she can’t claim to be sensitive to or offended by such tendencies. She’d likely find meeting the man himself to be a matter of some passing interest, but ultimately unimportant, assuming of course that there was nothing more significant to occupy her attention at the time, which there may well be.

{ ◑ | ? }
"A foreigner? Now there’s something you don’t see every day."
Alexander is another matter. Tsubaki has lived long enough that new experiences are very rare for her. Chances are good that if Nippon has it to offer, she’s been there and done that. What she has much less familiarity with are the lands beyond the sea, never having ventured there herself. Being a (somewhat secretively) curious person, she will have (though probably not admit to) a great deal of interest in Alexander, and many questions, primarily about the place he is from, his garments, and the strange combustion weapons he uses. She’s never seen more than one or two guns, and they were certainly not compact like that, being rather of the larger, gatling variety. Of course, being enemies is rather an obstacle to having her curiosity satisfied, but it will still be present.

ImageKashou Honeshiro
{ ◑ }
"Ack. Has the smell gotten worse since last time, or do I just notice it more? Is he eating properly? Stupid boy."
You'd likely never believe the story if she told you. Suffice it to say that the fact that Honeshiro would likely prefer her dead (and probably eat her if she were) doesn't bother her as much as it should. If she thinks about it, it's really mostly just like court back home, only more obvious and smellier and clingier. If she hadn't been so damn lonely in her wandering years, she supposes she never would have spoken to him, never opened that door to the strange, warped dimension where she keeps running into him and keeps feeding him. She honestly isn't sure why; it can't be because she considers him a friend, because she doesn't, or even pleasant company, because she doesn't. He's just... different, and Tsubaki is magnetized to different, sometimes in very inconvenient ways.

ImageYousuke Haru
{ ☠ }
"Oh I’m sure he’s a perfectly fine bloodthirsty warlord, but I am not a dog, and I do not enjoy the leash."
If he’d never tried to imprison her, she wouldn’t have cared at all what happened to him. If she assesses the situation objectively, she is able to identify the fact that he’s not an especially bad or unfair leader, and she acknowledges that many of the people who work for him are loyal, with relatively good reason to be so. He treats them well, better than most nobles do their underlings. All of that, however, is quite irrelevant considering the fact that she’s his prisoner and essentially worse than a slave, for as long as he holds onto her soul. She hates it, hates it with all the spitting, hissing vehemence of a cornered animal, and she hates him for putting her not only in this position herself, but using her to put others in the same one. If he died tomorrow, her only regret would be that she hadn’t shoved the knife in herself.

ImageAmaya
{ ◑ }
"A shame she’s a half-blood. She would have done well in the demon world."
Whatever hatred she feels towards Yousuke doesn’t generally extend to those who work for him, as they are not the ones that hold her captive. Some of them are captives themselves. Amaya is not, but Tsubaki recognizes the reasons for her choice to serve the half-demon daimyo, and respects them well enough. Amaya is, Tsubaki knows, a very dangerous person, perhaps not as much on the open field as in the war room, calculating and making tactical decisions. But certainly one to be wary of, as she would be much more likely to discover any scheme on Tsubaki’s part than Yousuke himself would, to be sure.

ImageKurosawa Tsubaki
{ ◑ }
"I’m not in love with my own reflection, but self-loathing has little point, either."
Tsubaki is very conscious of the fact that she walks a thin line between what she was and what she could be, if she made efforts to move in some particular direction. The problem is, she is not yet sure if she wants to change. Unlike Ryūnosuke, she never found anything especially objectionable in the way her life was before, and confirmation bias tends to kick in when she’s around humans, leading her to take a cynical view of them as incapable and foolhardy, which does nothing to show her that yōkai have ever been wrong to manage them as they see fit. That said… there are other times, perhaps, when she can almost see things the way her brother does. It’s rather an annoying precipice to be standing on, to say the least.

ImageFujimaki Taro
{ ? }
"Unusual, for a ningen."
Not the “joined Yousuke for money” part, that’s pretty standard. Rather, it’s Fujimaki’s changeable demeanor that’s somewhat unusual. Generally speaking, Tsubaki encounters either people who are relatively straightforward in their desires and ambitions (though these can have quite a range, obviously), or people who think they’re clever and deceptive. At first, she thought Fujimaki might be a straightforward case of the second, but there’s a touch of the first in there, too. It’s less a desire to deceive for it’s own sake and more a sort of reactive adaptability, she’s decided. She’s not sure what she thinks of it yet. He’s still a bit too confident in himself, though—someone should really take him down a peg, before he ends up in a fight with a demon and completely unprepared for it. None of her business, of course.

ImageMiyamoto Shiori
{ ◑ | ? }
"Someone else with a touch of familiarity. Perhaps my memory is beginning to blur together, and making me see ghosts."
Though it has been many long years also since she last saw Shiori, they were in communication as recently as several decades ago, through letters. Tsubaki understood a little more about Shiori’s unique situation than Ryū ever did, but unlike him, she saw it as firmly the other woman’s business, and did not pry into it. Their letters were usually exceptionally frank back-and-forths about various aspects of life, politics, and sometimes art, actually. Tsubaki relished them, because she did not feel the need to act a part in them, and was able to be as caustic or blunt as she liked, and Shiori was much the same.

ImageMuga Akumu
{ ☠ }
"I’d rather not give his existence any more attention than it deserves by discussing him."
She gets it. Really, she does. He’s a bloodthirsty monster, and he’s mad at her for outsmarting him and putting his soul in Yousuke’s hands. Well, as for the outsmarting part, it wasn’t difficult, and that’s his fault, whether or not he wants to admit it. The other part is Yousuke’s fault, because it’s not like she wants to be doing this, but she supposes such distinctions as free will versus compulsion are too fine-grained for his unsubtle (lack of) intellect. She dislikes him in the extreme, though there is an undercurrent of guilt there as well—she does genuinely feel terrible that she was made to deceive him. She will not admit this, however, especially not to Muga.
Last edited by Verdandi on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Verdandi
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Verdandi on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:38 pm

{ Amaya } - { The Halfliving Strategist }

ImageKohaku Souji
{ ◑ }
"O-Sho. Knock this one down, and the rest will follow."
A strategist is better served by not forming especially personal opinions about people. Vendettas are for soldiers, or samurai, and she is neither of those. She recognizes without much need to think about it that Kohaku Souji is the center of the Kobayashi operation, and that neutralizing him, one way or another, will be the swiftest path through which to break up the entire enterprise.

ImageKohaku Kana
{ ◑ }
"Tokin. We will see what she makes of herself."
The samurai’s little daughter—which is perhaps a slightly ironic characterization coming from someone not much older and a couple of inches shorter than Kana. Nevertheless, upon sensing that the woman was in fact a hanyō, Amaya would feel some measure of unease in doing her harm. Nevertheless, she takes the long view, and would do what she believed necessary. As for now, Kana is potential untapped, and Amaya would be careful to remember that, lest it provide a nasty surprise in the future.

ImageKurosawa Ryūnosuke
{ ◑ }
"Ryu. Linear yet flexible. A certain threat."
A potentially serious wrench in any effort to crush the Kobayashi uprising. Being particularly ki-sensitive, Amaya will likely be able to identify Ryūnosuke as a particular class of yōkai just by being around him for a decent period. It will not constitute a pleasant discovery, for while anyone properly trained is a threat, someone properly trained for centuries and blood-related to one of Yousuke’s indentured kunoichi is a lot of difficult-to-calculate factors for one situation. It will likely prove a headache.

ImageHaru Katsuro
{ ◑ }
"Kyosha. A clear way forward, no compromises."
She’s heard the scar story from Yousuke, and it won’t take too long to figure that the human with the obvious notion of revenge and a missing arm is the same one who lost an arm to her lord. She doesn’t quite understand the power that emotional vendettas of that nature can have, but at least she is aware of this, and will therefore hopefully avoid underestimating him.

ImageHonda Shizuka
{ ◑ }
"Kaku. Driven, but only so changeable."
Again with the vengeance. It’s like people have nothing better to do than stew in their failures and then try taking them out on someone else. Well, she supposes that’s to be expected, given the brief, passionate nature of human lives.

ImageFumio Hajime
{ ◑ }
"Gin-Sho. Idio…syncratic."
A strange one, seemingly intent on little more than the monetary reward and the killing itself. Perhaps bribable, not that she’d exactly advise doing so. If he would be that easily convinced to betray the Kobayashi, then she would expect no different should he come to work for Yousuke, and betrayal is one of the few things Amaya has no patience for whatsoever. At any rate, he's practiced enough to have a certain instinctive savvy, a trait that is considerably more dangerous than simply being good with technique, she has learned.

{ ◑ }
"Kei-Ma. Alien, an outside factor."
Accounting for the ridiculous foreigner and his guns will present a logistical nightmare, at least initially. Still, it will be a challenge, and Amaya certainly doesn’t mind one of those every now and again.

ImageKashou Honeshiro
{ ◑ }
"Narikyo. Dangerous to all around, but limited in scope."
Whatever might be true in Kana’s case will be doubly so for Kashou. Amaya has faced some of the same issues, having a hanyō nature, and little instruction regarding how not to let it get the better of her. It was never hunger that she had to worry about specifically, but the general principle is the same. She will try very hard no to dwell on it.

ImageYousuke Haru
{ ☺ }
"For better or worse, our fates are now the same."
It is a peculiar story, how Amaya came to be in the service of Yousuke. Peculiar mostly because there was no bloodshed or trickery involved whatsoever. They met shortly after he had ousted the Kobayashi, Amaya being little more than a girl of sixteen at the time, a little wisp of a person, really, that dressed like a man and played shogi like a fiend. It was that skill in particular that caught the warlord’s notice, and because it did, she found herself for the first time in her life confronted by someone who acknowledged that she had something valuable to give, just as she was, no deception or disguise necessary. It was an odd feeling, and their friendship since has been equally odd. They interact with a sort of deep familiarity and obvious camaraderie, but they do not always agree. Nevertheless, Amaya has voluntarily bound herself into Yousuke’s service, and she believes deeply enough in his cause that she will, without hesitation, see it through until the bitter end.

ImageAmaya
{ ◑ }
"I am not ashamed, but I am not a narcissist, either."
A sense of independence, a dash of pride, and a realistic awareness of her faults and good points both make Amaya generally very good at accurately identifying what she is good at and what she, as a person, needs to work on. That said, there is a certain undercurrent of uncertainty, one that she does her level best to ignore. She would prefer that she was every inch the defiant, confident person she appears to be, and that Yousuke is, but she isn’t quite there. The words of others still carry a little too much weight with her.

ImageKurosawa Tsubaki
{ ☺◑ }
"She’s interesting, that one."
She can’t say she enthusiastically approves of the fact that Yousuke’s yōkai underlings serve him (in a few cases, anyway) because they were tricked into doing so, but she also doesn’t attempt to do much about it. Aside from the fact that they are present against their will, they aren’t actually treated poorly, just… well, it’s complicated and not her area anyway. On a personal level, Amaya finds Tsubaki’s sharp tongue pretty funny, at least most of the time, and though the other woman’s tendencies towards indirectness and dissembling can be irritating to the much more open and straightforward Amaya, they don’t prevent the two from getting along well enough.

ImageFujimaki Taro
{ ☺◑ }
"One of Yousuke-dono’s ronin. I try to know as many of them personally as possible."
A strategist is only as good as her information, and because of this, Amaya has made an effort to get to know the strengths and prominent members of every regiment, mercenary or otherwise, currently in Yousuke’s service. She is more familiar with Fujimaki’s unit captain rather than the man himself, but they have encountered one another a few times. She understands that he occupies a slightly-irregular position in his unit, and is considering moving him elsewhere, though she has not yet reached a decision on this. She’s always looking for new shogi opponents, and would likely be pleasantly surprised if he challenged her. Formal education and intelligence are not the same thing, and Amaya understands this keenly.

ImageMiyamoto Shiori
{ ☺◑ }
"I’ll never understand how she can just accept someone else making her decisions like that. It’s unnerving."
Shiori’s passivity is something Amaya finds alarming. In fact, she’s relieved on those occasions when the other woman says something completely blunt and possibly even rude, because at least it reminds her that there’s a personality in there somewhere. But seriously, who just lets their father sell them off as part of some diplomatic deal without even the faintest notion of protest? It’s something she has difficulty comprehending. That said, she hopes that eventually Shiori will settle with the rest of them, and perhaps they might yet become friendly. Strange thing to hope for, but it seems to be happening to Amaya more often lately, this notion that she might form bonds with others.

ImageMuga Akumu
{ ☺◑ }
"Yes, yes, you hate us all. Now get back into formation, please."
Really, all that hatred and violence seems like a waste of cognitive resources that are already a little scarce, if Tsubaki told the story honestly in her report. Well, whatever the case, Amaya is aware of Muga’s particular disdain for hanyō, she just doesn’t really bother to acknowledge it in any but the most cursory of ways. If people hating her or threatening her with death/torture/whatever were enough to cow her, she would be in a different line of work. Actually, she tends to treat him like everyone else, and will either outright ignore or blatantly dismiss any of his more outrageous or inflammatory remarks. He hasn’t found a way to bother her yet, as it turns out, and she doesn’t plan to let him.
Last edited by Verdandi on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verdandi
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:36 am

{ Kashou Honeshiro } - { Destructive Hanyou }
♥ = Delicious || ☺ = Friends || ◑ = Neutral || ☠ = Better Off Dead || ? = Unknown/Undecided || ∞ = Forever attached / "Family" || ☺◑ = Teammates, formerly or presently

ImageKohaku Souji
{ ? }
"The man smells of kindness... and dumplings."
As unusual as it is, Honeshiro really doesn't know what to make of this tall, composed warrior. He's like steel; doesn't taste anywhere even close to food. Entirely inedible. The half blood finds himself in a squirming, uncomfortable position when confronted with the directness of this man's nature.

Shame. Shame. Shame. Reminds him of his mother.

ImageKohaku Kana
{ ◑ | ♥ }
"Candy. She is very sweet. The sort that melts on the tongue."
Honeshiro... probably shouldn't be allowed in the near proximity of this particular young lady. What kind of idiot goes and feeds a stray that would happily gobble them up without a second thought? The half demon may appear tame for now, but that could easily change at any moment.

Of course, on the other hand, Honeshiro will likely grow to adore Kana. Whether this will be affection for food or for a person is another story entirely. While a full demon like Tsubaki may handle Honeshiro like a willful puppy, Kana is another case entirely. If she's adopting a wolf, she'd better not be surprised when the wild animal bites the hand that feeds it.

ImageKurosawa Ryūnosuke
{ ◑ | ☠ }
"A mouthful of fur and moonlight. Disgusting."
Being in close proximity with any full blooded youkai, let alone one from the House of the Moon, is enough to give Honeshiro a serious case of the shakes.

Why doesn't he try to kill him? Is he planning something for later? There's just too many uncertainties surrounding this Ryūnosuke fellow. Just being near him will be enough to send Kashou into fits of paranoid side eyeing.

ImageHaru Katsuro
{ Symbol }
"Something weathered, well-seasoned. Possibly... deep fried...?"
Honestly, Honeshiro thinks of Haru-chan as rather... cute. Is it weird for him to say this? There's something about Katsuro that is inherently likable. Perhaps this is respect, or admiration. Haru has accomplished something Honeshiro was never able to do; retaining his sense of dignity in the face of hardship.

Meanwhile, Kashou is just a man crawling through the mud.

ImageHonda Shizuka
{ Symbol }
"You're very interesting, aren't you?"
It's a rare day when Honeshiro doesn't immediately associate someone with food. But, for some reason, he can't quite grasp the taste of this young man. Fruit? Dust? That western choco... late...? Ahem. Curious. Curious curious curious. Kashou wants to approach him, but is unsure what he'd do when he got there. Does he smell bad? Would Honda-san dislike him because he smells bad? Should he wash himself? Hmm....

Nah... it rained a couple of days ago...

ImageFumio Hajime
{ Symbol }
-his face lights up in almost tearful delight-
THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!!! Honeshiro is so happy to see his old friend again he thinks he may start crying! Ah, but... speaking of old.... Oi, Hajime-san, how're those wrinkles holdin' up for ya? BWAHAHAHA....

Honeshiro has never felt more comfortable around anyone else still living. His interactions with Hajime, while brief, have always been without pretense or ulterior motive. While the mercenary might not be his best friend, he is certainly Kashou's only friend.

{ Symbol }
"I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT MY MOUTH IS TRYING TO TELL ME."
Such a foreign flavor. Such a foreign man. Who is he, to get all friendly-friendly with Honeshiro's... oh. What was that? He hunts monsters? A-hah. In that case... nothing to see here.... >.>''

Basically, Honeshiro would be pricklier than a porcupine with Alexander nearby. The young noble's personality is definitely the type the half demon is least capable of coping with. It's like shining a direct beam of sunlight on some squirming, nocturnal creature. Honeshiro just wants to slink away and hide under his rock, man.

ImageKashou Honeshiro
{ Symbol }
"Quote"
Explanation.

ImageYousuke Haru
{ Symbol }
"Quote"
Explanation.

ImageAmaya
{ Symbol }
"Quote"
Explanation.

ImageKurosawa Tsubaki
{ Symbol }
"Quote"
Explanation.

ImageYamata Fumio
{ Symbol }
"Quote"
Explanation.

ImageMiyamoto Shiori
{ Symbol }
"Quote"
Explanation.
Last edited by angelwolf123 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
girls dont get hiccups... they get she-cups.

angelwolf123
Member for 11 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:00 am

Kohaku Souji
"*crosses arms over her chest and then yawns out of boredom*"
The loyal and honorable retainer of the Kobayashi. These are the kind of people who Shizuka finds as downright boring with their adherence to the Bushido. They believe life revolves around the code when it does not point by point. This leads her not mingling with people like him who upholds honor too much. She sees them basically as hypocrites hiding behind code and flowering words to make it sound better like revenge becomes justice. However, she is not hired to share opinions or make friends. She is here to do the deed no matter what it takes which will not only profit her pockets but something else as well. Thus, all is good as long as they just let her do her thing and she will stay out of theirs.

Kohaku Kana
"*looks at a flower and then crushes it with her hand then throws it away*"
That is how Shizuka sees the daughter of the loyal retainer. Indeed, the girl is young and that might be used as an excuse for the foolish naivety, but in this world there are no rooms for such people and age is hardly a factor truly. People like that are technically a nuisance and she finds them rather irritating to deal with. The world is blatantly cruel. A drop of kindness is a sure way to ask for trouble and to be taken advantage of. Nothing good comes out of being kind. She does not want any of that poisonous kindness near her even if the girl seems persistent on it. Surely, this girl will be the source of her many annoyances in life.

Kurosawa Ryūnosuke
"*intently looks and then begins training exercises immediately*"
Always, Shizuka would do her best to look as manly as possible even if at best, she looks a boy or even had been called before as baby-faced (those who did are no longer part of the living world). It is outright demeaning and irritating. This is only increased exponentially when she met him. She could not help but compare herself to the male who is the epitome of what she wanted to look like as a man. That is why she had made him as her self-proclaimed rival and would do anything to make sure that she is far better than the said ronin in every way. Although, she could feel something oddly familiar about his presence, but then again, it is ignored mostly because of her one-sided rivalry.

Haru Katsuro
"*rolls her eyes and walks away*"
People usually lump them together because they are both in a sense, disabled. Him, missing a limb, and her, missing a voice. As if, that has any bearing to their accomplishments. They also conclude both of them would get along which is wrong on all points. Shizuka does not mind him doing his thing or wanting to redeem himself against the Warlord Yousuke. She also understands the feeling of being underestimated. However, she does not like people who value honor too highly. It annoys her so she keeps her distance, much like how a cat would react to unwanted attention, she will hiss (it's rather amusing how she does this) and scratch.

Honda Shizuka
"..."
For Shizuka, there is only one path available for her to take and that is all there is to it. Her persona, her identity, and her skills are tools to ensure her success. She has her priorities straight and when it comes to the point where all she wanted are in her hands, she will not waste it. Many had advised her against her life's purpose. That it would never bring her happiness and bring her to more ruin. However, what else is there to ruin when she is already in pieces with no hope of being fixed. And happiness? She has no need for it anymore. All she needs is to open the gates of hell and drag those she despises inside even if she has to be on the hellish side.

Kashou Honeshiro
"*unsheathes her blade and points it dangerously close to his neck*"
His hunger, the peculiar habits, the seemingly insane mentality, the unhealthy preference, and everything that makes him, are things Shizuka does not see as a concern. There is also the factor they are unable to communicate through written words. So, the conversation they could have will definitely be an entertaining one in many levels. There is also the incessant desire to have her cooking which she hates. However, the one thing which irks the most and makes her boil like a volcano is that look of his when he is hungry. It reminds her of the encounter with that ravenous yōkai. A fact which will make things between them completely at hair's end.

Fumio Hajime
"*glares and then kicks him in the shin*"
It is a given that he is older, more experienced, and physically the model for overly muscular men, but that does not change the fact she finds him irritating not because of his principles or anything profound. Actually, they seemed to share similarities of being not bound by honor or morality. So, Shizuka is not disturbed by the macabre or violence he could present. But still, she cannot stand him when not on the battlefield. The man simply has taken a liking to goad her into many things more commonly to speak when that is impossible. She for one is easy to take the bait so, it is not a question why Hajime took preference in instigating her. Even if she is not aware of it, the one she has a consistent interaction with is probably him.

Alexander Ornstein III
"*blinks her eyes a couple of times and tilts her head to the side in curiosity*"
Everything about this foreigner is new to Shizuka's eyes. By nature, she is a curious person. She had heard that there are other lands beyond the seas, but she never seen anyone from those parts that is why it would not be odd for her to be seen glancing at him from time to time or to even look with intensity at what he does for observation purposes. This should not be considered as her being fond of him. She maintains her distance as always and would not hesitate to point her sword at him if he ever assumes a friendly or a similar disposition like that of the boy's master. Truly, the boy is an idiot if he has that guy as his master.

Haru Yousuke
"*face twisted in complete rage with her katana unsheathed ready to spill blood*"
Pure animosity. This man is one of the main reasons Shizuka had struggled to live the way she is now and picked up the sword without looking back. It is to enact her own form of justice or the less favored lexis, vengeance. To her, this person is the reason of her loss and her pain, if he had not existed, she never would lose her family, her village, and her hope. She would never suffer the pain of war. This person took the last thing which kept her from breaking apart and that is something she can never forgive. She will kill him and anyone who will stand in her way may it be friend or foe. In the end, the only sake she is looking out for is hers alone.

Amaya
"*raises an eyebrow and then looks away in irritation*"
Shizuka has no idea who or what this person is, but she does not like the name attached to this being at all. That name has something in relation to rain and that irks her. It is no secret that she dislikes rain whether she is caught underneath it or not. This might be taken that she is being too judgmental or her contempt unreasonable. But as far as she is concerned, anything that is related to that distasteful weather is bound to cause her displeasure and so this person, for certain, with the added fact that this person is working for that enemy who she will kill no matter what and anyone who gets in the way. After all, killing has never been an issue with her.

Muga Akumu
"*widens eyes as her hand shakes as it reaches for her katana*"
Without a doubt, this person should be unknown to Shizuka. However, the familiarity of his presence is far stronger than the others. Furthermore, there is this gripping panic and fear invading her nerves, her heart. Everything about this person strikes her with such terror which she could not understand why. It reminds her that she was still that young girl who ran as her brother was killed by that yōkai. Why does this person remind her of that? Then, those eyes... It disturbs her far more than that Kashou individual. She must get a grip because if not, she will return to being a helpless girl... That must not be allowed. She is a man now, right?

Kurosawa Tsubaki
"*narrows eyes in anticipation for danger and reaches for her katana*"
This person is an unknown existence for Shizuka and she could not be bothered about trying to know. Though, there is something about this being that she finds familiar. That presence reminds her of something which she could not put her finger in. Perhaps, someday she will be able to recall, but apparently it would not be today. Other than that, she could feel danger around this being and that is enough for her to be wary. Well, there is the part that she works for that one person she wants dead and being the sibling of her rival. It would probably be best to say that the interaction between the two will not be pleasant in more ways than one.

Miyamoto Shiori
"*has an inquisitive expression on her face and rubs her chin thoughtfully*"
Much like the curiosity she had towards the foreigner, it is the same towards this being. Shizuka has no information about this entity nor does she particularly care for . Though, she finds it interesting her appearance to be very different. Something she had not seen before. Nevertheless, this person is an enemy who is on the side of the hateful warlord. For that, she would not hesitate to take down this person even more so, when this sense of familiarity due to that presence is revealed to be yōkai in origin. There is no mercy to be given at all.

Fujimaki Taro
"*far-off look on her face and then bits her lower lip as she looks down*"
Another stranger for Shizuka which is not a big matter entirely. However, this one reminds her of someone. That is rather a lot coming from her. She had always lumped people together into a pile, under the 'don't care' category. In any case, it is not this person's appearance which triggers memories. More of, how he acts or portrays himself with subtle adaptability. This makes her recall her sensei, but she would not admit that to anyone especially to this individual. They both stand on different sides and she will remove the enemy from her path even, if he presents himself to be a specter of her past.

Lady Ethereal
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quakernuts on Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:37 pm

{ Fujimaki Taro } - { Hired Ronin to the Warlord Yousuke }
♥ = Attraction || ☺ = Friendly || ◑ = Indifferent || ☠ = Enemies || ? = Unknown/Undecided || ∞ = Forever attached / "Family" || ☺◑ = Teammates, formerly or presently

Kohaku Souji
{ ☠ }
"A skilled, if incredibly naive and honorably sickening Samurai"
Taro sees this man as nothing more than another challenge that needs to be overcome. He doesn't doubt that Souji is anything short of a skilled swordsman, his experience and age more than assuredly granting him that much. Where his image starts to slide towards the muddy side is the man himself. He conducts himself honorably and lives by the Bushi code to an absolute fault. Souji may seem like a man of a good heart to most, but to Taro he's nothing but an incredibly naive weapon of war.

Kohaku Kana
{ ☠, ☺ }
"A girl who's becoming a woman. If it comes time when I'm ordered to kill her, I will do so, but I hope that responsibility doesn't fall on me."
Taro never claimed to be a saint, in fact, most would consider him a monster for some of the jobs that he's carried out over the years. However, the daughter to the sickenly "good" samurai falls into the category of a woman, one of the few remaining heartstrings for people to tug from Taro. He enjoys the fact that she puts up a tough front, finding it amusing if nothing else, but also knows that it is beyond her station. She portrays a strong individual, but without the necessary skills and abilities to back it up, Taro knows she's going to be on the receiving end of his blade sooner or later.

Kurosawa Ryūnosuke
{ ☠ }
"The way he keeps putting himself in harms way to protect others has me genuinly confused as to how he's lived this long."
Yet another 'Honorable' samurai fighting for the opposing side. Apparently they grow like weeds when Taro isn't around. Yet there's still something different about this one. He's normally able to get at least some kind of read on a person, but he can't on Kurosawa. This annoys and somewhat excites him at the same time. The man is a living, breathing challenge for Taro to overcome. His skills are formidable, and despite his younger looking appearance Taro knows he's older than he appears. Maybe this man will be the one to finally stop Taro, otherwise he'll just become another corpse lacking yet another good soul.

Haru Katsuro
{ ☠ }
"His eyes scream challenge, but his body tells me that they're lying."
Taro has respect for the man to push forward despite his obviously grievous injury. That respect, however, is all he has for the man. The man is obviously crippled, and seeing as they're on opposing sides, it would be difficult to see Taro interacting with the man in anything less than a battle format. With that, Taro doesn't see how the man could possibly be a threat to him. There's nothing to be gained by fighting him aside from stepping over him like a log in one's path.

Honda Shizuka
{ ☠ }
"A small ball of rage...I kinda want to compare him to a rabid hamster."
Taro long ago learned not to judge someone based on their height alone, but he would be hard pressed to find something that would equate Shizuka to anything resembling a suitable adversary. He looks like a quick and agile individual, able to catch the unitiated and sloppy offguard, but Taro is neither of those. Among that, there's something below the surface that Taro can't quite place, something that stays his hand slightly. It probably has to do with the fact that he looks so feminine...Yeah that has to be it.

Fumio Hajime
{ ☠ }
"His mouth seems to be dirtier than his sword...or mine. I like him."
A old man with a sword covered in blood and a mouth covered in bullshit. Taro can't help but enjoy what the man represents, an ability to do what needs to be done when it needs to be. Taro can easily see himself in Hajime, if he was slightly older and had a dirtier mouth and mind to him, and as such is salivating over the chance to try and fight the man. If anything, it should feel like he's facing a mirror representation of himself, and he can't help but laugh at the insanity of that statement.

Alexander Ornstein III
{ ☠ }
"He may be a lovable idiot...but he's still an idiot."
A man like Alexander is an overload to Taro's ability to read people. Normally he has to search, flip the pages if you will to get to the core of the story and start unraveling people from the foundation up. Alexander seems to have written all of that on the cover, negating a need to even bother trying to discern what kind of person he is. Taro can't help but feel almost cheated, like half the battle was done by the time he found him. He's an earnest kid with a surprising skill with firearms, but that won't help him when someone is within grappling range. Despite being an enemy, Taro can't help but enjoy the kid's demeanor and general child like approach to things. He's going to feel bad for a few days if he's ordered to kill him.

Kashou Honeshiro
{ ☠ }
"Well he's a decrepit thing isn't he? Last time I checked, throwing one's self into the river was a good way to get rid of dirt and grime"
Taro has a hard time calling Kashou a 'man' in even the loosest sense. There is an inherent wrongness surrounding him that makes even Taro take a step back in consideration. His voracious hunger, lack of hygiene, and putting on airs has formed an opinion of someone that even Taro thinks he should detest. Yet something keeps him from completely writing him off, a hidden font of strength that he believes the man possesses. As such, Taro is guarded against Kashou and looks forward to the day of seeing if he was right, or if this...thing is even worth the effort.

Yousuke Haru
{ ◑ }
"What would you have your Ronin do?"
Regardless of his feelings towards the man, be they hateful or respectful, Yousuke is paying him to work for his forces. As such, his emotions and thoughts do not matter. Taro is being paid to provide a service and loyalty and will fight, kill, and should it come to it, die for that reason alone. He doesn't care if Yousuke is a raping, pillaging, child murdering asshole or the saint of all mankind so long as he's paying Taro to do what he does best. That being said, if Taro were to be released from his contract and then hired to kill Yousuke, he would do so without hesitation...if the pay was good enough.

Amaya
{ ☺◑ }
"A surprisingly intelligent girl who often makes me sound even more idiotic than usual, a magnificent feat I assure you."
Much like his opinion on Yousuke, Taro doesn't much care to allow his feelings, hateful or otherwise, influence his duty. Amaya is an analyst and strategist for his current boss. As such, he respects her unconditionally due to her station. Aside from that, he enjoys what little company he can glean from the woman as her intelligence and method of thinking often challenges Taro's own brainpower to overcome. While he would prefer to clash with blades, a battle of wits is no less interesting. He doubts that Amaya thinks much of him, due to her distaste for the educationally inept, but he ignores that fact if only to try to beat her at Shogi.

Kurosawa Tsubaki
{ ☺◑, ♥ }
"She changes who she is as easily as I do...color me interested."
A mystery masked with the allure of someone who challenges his very method of being. Taro can't help but think of Tsubaki as a way of practicing the art of emotional manipulation, even if he sometimes uses that as a reason to talk to her. It also seems like most women working for Yousuke are geniuses when compared to Taro, so the subtle twinge of mental intimidation is there as well, yet another obstacle to overcome. Despite his fondness for her, regardless of her feelings for him, he still feels slightly agitated that there's something below the surface that he's simply not grasping.

Miyamoto Shiori
{ ☺◑ }
"Is it just me...or does her mask look like a cat?"
In Taro's mind, Shiori is the epitome of what a Shinobi should look like, but that isn't necessarily a compliment. Her cold front is put up so well that Taro finds it difficult to see even the tiniest crack in her emotional armor. He doesn't know how to adequately portray himself in front of her, and as such feels like he's been unintentionally slighted when around her. He finds her a pleasant person to work with because of her professionalism, and as such doesn't mind being around the woman.

Muga Akumu
{ ☺◑ }
"There's something to be said about someone who hates everyone and everything, although the words are highly inappropriate"
It boggles Taro's mind how someone who seems to hate everything about Yousuke, from the man himself all the way down to the men that fight for him, would even bother being among their forces. Why hasn't he left or otherwise escaped? The man's anger, hate, and utter disdain for everyone around him is painfully apparent on his face, and it doesn't take much digging to the Akumu's core to see that's essentially all he is. Regardless of this fact, Taro treats Akumu with a professional respect, as one warrior to another. What Akumu feels is irrelevant on that matter, and while he doesn't like being in the company of him for long, he's probably one of the few that can tolerate it...amidst the smoke and booze.
Writing is a tool used to convey an author's passion and imagination, use it to the best of your ability.

Quakernuts
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist World Builder Inspiration Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!