Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Characters

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Coders, Scholars

Any comments, questions, and/or suggestions you have, please post here.

Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:33 pm

Now that I figured out the problems with the Characters, (the only thing wrong was that a folder didn't get access...) I will be working on images for handheld items and character images.

I'll add them as I do them. As usual, anything wrong, let me know.

If you look at all the images I've done... you can see a progression in skill. The sword is the most recent, after the cloak and dress respectively. The dress made me very happy. I'm going to bed now.
Last edited by Remæus on Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HELLFISH88 on Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:02 pm

Yay I got Blue Eye's. Keep up the good work Masters or me, my naked baldness and my Leo will have to lay some hurt down on you.

*Crack's whip*

Back to work stop browsing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HELLFISH88
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:42 pm

Alright.

I added the option to make you have an item for you to be able to add the image.

Added eye colors, 1 hair color, Black (Psh. GREY.) Trenchcoat, and a black sleeveless.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:46 pm

Its pretty cool so far... but so many hair colors are missing... and hair styles...and such.

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:50 pm

Yeah. Once I do one image, making different colors of the image proves to be no problem at all. I love hues and saturation. They REALLY speed things up.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:59 pm

Cool, cool. I hope its done soon. I'm really enjoying the RP so far, I hope it keeps getting better, as it has been.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:53 am

Wow. I just realized that when it comes to drawing elegant women's dresses, I am no good at it... I'm going to give it one more try tonight.

I think all that I'll be doing for the next two weeks is posting and making new images and such.

And, for the women out there, the next items I add will be female oriented, BTW.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:19 am

How dare you make us walk around naked. :shock:

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:51 pm

Okay, apparently I'm too stupid to figure out the character thing. I want to stab the naked thing beneath my avatar. Someone PLEASE help me before I go insane. Gracias.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:22 pm

Silly April, you have to go to the general store (or the woman's store) and buy clothing! From there, you can go to Character and select the clothes you want your little dudette to wear, (It'll take a few minutes for it to register) and you'll be set!

That, and Trix are for kids! ;)

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:33 pm

Well the thing is none of ze piccies for our women clothes are working. o__o; So we are going to roam around naky forever! *shakes fist at Master again*

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:40 pm

Hmmm... Master... is there a reason why only the girls' clothing isn't working???

*suspicious glare*

You may want to get that fixed, lol.

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:59 pm

I beleive he alreayd answered that.

Master wrote:Wow. I just realized that when it comes to drawing elegant women's dresses, I am no good at it... I'm going to give it one more try tonight.

I think all that I'll be doing for the next two weeks is posting and making new images and such.

And, for the women out there, the next items I add will be female oriented, BTW.

There is your answer... I beleive so at least.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:02 pm

Except...

He added women's clothes after that post. They're inquiring as to why it doesn't work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:10 pm

Women's clothes work. Buy the item, and equip it. We tested them this morning before I went to sleep. I saw one working on Sudara's avatar.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:27 pm

But I can't SEE the clothing and i don't want to buy some crap and i end up seeing it like meh. :P

lol...oh very well...i shall try...>_>

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:57 pm

Yo... Clothing... Master just taught me how to do some stuff... and I made myself a custom Tank Top.

SO! now, I can do SOME things, but it's very tedious and I don't generally like it. But I can open a shop and do custom clothing for a steeper price. I can add logos, things like that. I might even be able to make specifics types of clothes (different shirts, hats, things like that) but for right now I can only really do logos.
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:05 am

Alright... my main task for tonight is adding the images to the shops.

Nobody likes paying for something they can't see beforehand.

ALSO!

I think Andy is my new art trainee! He shows great perseverance and potential. He's innovative, as well. I'll aide him to refine his techniques to simpler and quicker methods, should he aide me with my martial arts some time in the future...

>=D

Yeah. Off to the file conversion and renameage!

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:04 am

Dude Andeh, thats freaking awesome! >_> I shall pay serious buckage for some clothes. Master...err..wahts wrong with your character? *giggles*

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:25 am

OMFGZ!!! I'm talented!

Okay, I'm alright, and I'm learning, but I'm proud of my TapOut logo.

You know what we need? And I don't want to get anyone excited, because these things will come in time, they'll probably take forever.

New Body Types- Muscular and Athletic builds for the guys, larger frames, smaller frames (These two might be impractical) for everyone and more curvaceous (dodges rubbish thrown at him by the feminists) and athletic frames for the women

New Poses- This would take longer because to be perfect, it would mean different poses for each body type too, and who wants to do all that work?

Weaponry- Master said he's working on hand-held weapons, which means I assume your character could be holding a sword, bat, gun, knife, or other such toy. I got an idea while driving home from school today to make some holsters for various guns so if you bought a pistol, you could carry it on your person at your waist, thigh, or chest. In the same way as Master made his Greatsword, we could develop long guns with slings, such as rifles, shotguns, and machine guns, that could be slung across the back.

Face stuff- I can do some of this now that Master has taught me the basics. Obviously we need more eyes, hair, and mouth options. (And is it just me, or are all of our avatars Krillen's children? We have no noses.)

Just prospective things, it'd be cool if we could set a target date for these such as like, Jan. 2006 or something and work on 'em.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.