Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Multiverse

Charis Family and Urgent Care Clinic

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by Remæus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

Charis Family and Urgent Care Clinic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyoki on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:49 pm

Amidst the rubble of the city, just a few (what used to be) blocks from the Survivor Safehouse, there's one small house that is mostly intact.

Rebuilt from rubble but cozy and solid nonetheless, it is stone-walled and wooden-roofed, and a metal chimney pipe sticks out from the back, letting smoke escape from what smells like a woodstove inside.

The front door is wooden, salvaged from some broken building somewhere, and outside the door is a neat stack of firewood about ten feet away.

Around the edges of the house, a small flower garden of battered dandilions and clovers, chamomile and mints, and all the hardy weeds that are shunned in civilized yards thrive. They are survivors, like the people left in the city.

In the rear of the little house is another door, this one metal. Beside it, a small generator hums constantly under a makeshift wooden cover. On the other side of the back door, two large barrels sit positioned to catch falling rainwater from the gutters. A larger space had been cleared of debris further back, and by sweat and hard labor, the owner of the small house had tilled and planted, and a garden was sown.

The only indication that this wasn't a residence was a hand-painted sign that hung from a post near the front door. Lettered in neat, violet paint, it reads:

"Charis Family and Urgent Care Clinic. Walk-ins welcome."
Last edited by Kyoki on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Kyoki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyoki on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:50 pm


A knock and good manners will gain you admittance to the little cottage. As you enter, the first thing you notice is the smell. The air inside is scented with herbs and woodsmoke, enough to make you sneeze at first! But soon, you grow accustomed to it, and as you look around, you are in a small room with three comfortable chairs, a salvaged table that has been padded and wrapped in that fake leather that is usually found on cheap diner seats, and a fire burning merrily in a wood stove, heating an ever-present tea-pot.

There's a small kitchen near the back, with a little fridge and a stove, and a small table with a vase and some flowers in it. From there, a door leads to another small room, this one marked "Please keep out". One small window is over a stand-alone sink that has no plumbing except a small pipe that leads outside for a drain.

The rest of the house seemed dedicated to shelves and cupboards, making ample use of every inch of available storage. Jars nestle together on shelves all around the walls, and small boxes stack neatly against the walls. Crates holding books and more jars are stacked like miniature bookshelves, and even the space on the ceiling is taken by small pieces of colored glass, bright paper cutouts, or interesting little trinkets of beauty dangling by wires and strings.

A loom sits near one of the comfortable chairs, a half-finished project still strung onto it.

And everywhere, anywhere where someone may stand or sit, are blankets. Some are woven, like the one on the loom, some are quilted from scraps and tidbits rescued from the rubble, and some are knitted and woven from brightly colored yarns. All are warm and thick, and comfortable. Accompanying the blankets are small pillows, usually made from a matching color as best as can be.

The small cabin is warm, cozy, and safe-feeling. This feeling is boosted by the young woman who can usually be found in one of the chairs, working on the loom or grinding herbs; or during early morning can be seen working in her small garden or cleaning debris from the area around her house. She is fine-boned, with long, golden hair and emerald green eyes, and fair skin. Her voice is soft, rarely raised, and kind, and she often is heard singing.

In exchange for work or items needed, this girl offers medical care for anyone, from any side of any fight. There is no discrimination here- if you're injured or ill, you will be treated, and be wary the man or woman who tells this young medic that politics is a good enough reason to leave someone injured! Good manners are all it takes to enter her home, but she is strict about her rules- strict enough that they are posted on a wooden placard just outside the front door!

[align=center]"Mind your manners."
"No swearing."
"No fighting."
"No politics."
"No smoking."
"Be polite."
"Wipe your feet."
"Close the door."
[/align]

If you can manage to mind those rules, then please, come in. I'm Kyoki Charis, and welcome to the Charis Family and Urgent Care Clinic.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Kyoki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

SunSpot

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vagabond on Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:12 pm

The sign saying "Walk-ins Welcome" is what attracted him to her clinic. He was sure, even if the doctor was in, that he wouldn't be much help to him. Unfortunately, the hospitals were also destroyed and everywhere he looked, war factions were rising. He didn't want to get drawn into war, he wasn't a soldier, he wasn't even any good at fighting games!

So he walked up to the door and knocked on it with his good arm, leaning all his weight against his crutch.
"WAR does not decide who is right, WAR decides who is left..."

Characters:
[multiverse] the Vagabond (modern)
[multiverse] Sonny Peterson

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
vagabond
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyoki on Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:13 pm

There was shuffling inside, and then soft footsteps on a solid floor. When the door opened, it revealed a young woman, of indeterminate age, with long, gold hair and green eyes. "Can I- oh. Come in, please."

Stepping aside, she made way for the visitor to come inside.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Kyoki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Sonny Peterson

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vagabond on Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:20 pm

(I forgot to include this in my original post, so I'll put it here)

The boy, who was probably somewhere in his early twenties, looked like he was beat to hell and back. His cloths were damaged and torn, he had multiple severe lacerations to his body, his left leg was almost completely destroyed, and his left arm was gone.

He looked up at her as she opened the door and was noticeably surprised, "Yo-um... Is the doctor in?" He hobbled forward into the doorway and looked past her, "This is still a clinic, right?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
vagabond
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyoki on Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:23 pm

"I'm the doctor. Please, come in and have a seat." As she moved away, one hand flicked out to indicate the vinyl covered table. "And please, if you don't mind, remove the clothes you don't want cut?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Kyoki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Sonny Peterson

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vagabond on Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:34 pm

"I--what? Um, oh," he started into the house after her, "Sorry, I just thought..." he went silent as she told him to remove his cloths and his cheeks got red, "..." >>

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
vagabond
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyoki on Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:41 pm

The girl gathered a small box from under the padded table, setting it nearby on top of a milk-crate bookshelf. When he didn't immediately comply, she raised an eyebrow, and then smiled reassuringly. "If you're uncomfortable, I have a hospital gown that you can put on. If you can...?" She trailed off, a pointed look at the mangled limbs. "Hm. Here."

Digging the hospital gown out of another small box, she lay it beside him. "Do you have other clothes, besides these?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Kyoki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Sonny Peterson

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vagabond on Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:46 pm

He closed the door and stood there shaking his head, "I probably do, but I'd have to dig them out of my house..." he looked down at himself, then back to her, "My dilemma is, I don't know the condition of my undergarments, considering what I lived through," he blushed a little deeper and dropped his eyes, "Do you have a place I can clean off?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
vagabond
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyoki on Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:02 pm

The doctor shook her head slightly. "Hm. You can change here, I have some things to attend to in the other room. Try not to move that leg, if you can help it, and leave what clothes might as well be thrown out anyway."

Turning, she walked away to the back of the little house, into the door marked "Private."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Kyoki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vagabond on Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:33 pm

He nodded and looked at the door she just closed, then back to the door he just came from before sitting down and beginning to strip #>>#

When he was finished he was wearing her paper apron as well as he could and his cloths were thrown in a pile at the foot of the table. He then sat there quietly and waited...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
vagabond
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Novarick Sacion on Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:01 pm

(Wow, That last post had some detail in it. >.> Hate to criticize, because I am not the best at RP, but give some detail next time.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Novarick Sacion
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vagabond on Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:18 pm

(Um, what am I supposed to describe here, kiddo? I already described hos he's injured. The exact location and extent of every single one of his injuries is irrelevant, and I'm not going to describe the young man stripping. I can edit to emphasize the difficulty he faced in removing his clothes due to his injuries, but that's about it...)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
vagabond
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyoki on Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:27 pm

((Vagabond, your post was fine. It contained all the detail I needed to continue what I needed to do. Kindly next time refrain from a strictly ooc post and take it to PM's.

Novarick, while your concern is appreciated, I see no problem with his post, nor with how he's been roleplaying so far. Please refrain from making an ooc post for no reason. If, in your opinion, vagabond needs to do something, kindly PM him instead of posting in my thread about it. Thank you.))


The doctor returned after about ten minutes, ample time for even an injured person to change. "Ah, good. Thank you."

Taking a seat in one of the chairs near the table, she pulled out a notepad that looked as if it had seen better days, and a battered pen. "Now, can you please tell me what happened?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Kyoki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Sonny Peterson

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vagabond on Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:39 pm

He nodded, keeping himself covered, "I'm sure a smart person like you can figure out how I got hurt..." he paused, but continued on anyway, "I was at school... well, college... I was there because my house got destroyed before, when that giant monster came through..." He looked around the floor as he gave his story, "A bunch of us were there, me and my classmates. We were all kinda displaced... We thought it was over and we all kinda came together to support each other -- we'd all lost family and friends in it..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
vagabond
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:02 pm

William wandered into the clinic, the tired man had knocked looking for a place where he could start to work, when he noticed the girl.. “I am William Sorrelion, and I wish to dontate my talents to help this place. I am a confectioner and I have energy bars that could help any starving people…

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Ryand-Smith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist

Sonny Peterson

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vagabond on Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:55 pm

The man jumped at the knock on the door and he tried his best to cover as much of himself as he could. When he saw it was another man, he relaxed a little, but he stopped his story and went silent.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
vagabond
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyoki on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:40 pm

The good doctor glanced up, irritation flickering over her features. ".... thank you, but there's no starving people here. If you step outside to the street, you will find arrows on the rubble, pointing towards the survivors. They've formed a safehouse a few blocks down from here."

Turning back to her patient, she dismissed the newcomer in favor of tending to the other young man's wounds. "What's your name?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Kyoki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Sonny Peterson

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vagabond on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:11 am

"Sonny..." he replied quickly, not wanting to irritate the doctor. Now that he had the chance to sit and calm down, his adrenaline was starting to wear off.

Until now he had been running on mostly that, adrenaline. Now that his body and mind were out of the post-traumatic survivor mode, the shock was starting to take it's toll. Little tells began forming on his body; his foot began twitching, his words began to draw out more as he spoke, but worst of all he began to sway ever so gently as he sat there.

But through it all he still managed a chuckle, "Man, if he keeps walking around boasting like that he's liable to get mugged!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
vagabond
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyoki on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:48 pm

The young woman smiled, indicating he should sit down. "That's so true. I'm Kyoki, it is my pleasure to treat you. Why don't you have a seat, and we'll see about that arm and leg, hm? It seems most everything else can wait."

Once he was seated, she kept a practiced eye on his movements as she took his vitals. Her questions were carefully phrased in a tone designed to keep his wavering attention. "So how old are you, Sonny?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Kyoki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.

 

Who is online

Registered users: barney_fife, Blackbird26, gaavinat132, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Griese Lightning*, happyr, HolyJunkie, Josua*, juliebarnes, Kiyokojordie*, Klockwork0reo*, lil_kreen, LookingAtPerks*, Lyysa*, MartinVole*, Mat_z6, NeverEndingFlip, Nulix, PirateofPie*, Princess Awinita*, Quakernuts*, Ragnarok's Misery*, Ravenergy*, Remæus, Revenant Sorrow, Rulke*, Scar.-, Scorpion01, ShadowBlackheart*, Simple_Imperfections*, Spidermoon, Talak, Vejisama*, William Krypt*