Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!) »

Players Wanted: Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] »

Chasing Rin

Chasing Rin

a part of “Chasing Rin”, a fictional universe by Kaire23.

Rin was just a normal girl, that is until she gained dangerous powers. These powers destined her to destroy everything of significance in this world. Now two groups are after her. One to kill her and the other, to teach her to control her powers for good.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Chasing Rin”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Chasing Rin

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:13 am

I've got my character mostly done. I just need to finish figuring out the powers and his history, so that's been keeping me entertained, along with some personal drama.

ASSUMING NOTHING WEIRD HAPPENS TODAY

I should have my sheet PM'd to you, Rari~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FamishedPants
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaire23 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Okay! Time to catch up with things :) Haven't read any OOC, just decided to post this here in case anyone needs to contact me ASAP (Like through chat). If not, I shall be catching up with character submissions, OOC, and PMs. I'll edit this post or make a new post once I'm caught up :)
"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."

-- Edgar Allen Poe

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kaire23
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rari on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:00 pm

hey guys, just a heads up, I will be changing Lens pyrokenesis power, not sure to what yet, but it will be changed since we have a lot of fire peeps already o3o
Need...More...Coffee...

Rari
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutestWitch on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:23 pm

Sorry Sorry... I'm unable to send PMs at the moment... trying to so something about it... Maybe I haven't reached some sort of limit or something... BUT ANYWAYS! I decided to almost totally rework my character... so I did that... but then I decided I didn't like what I did... so I'm changing it again... so don't look at it yet... But something is being done... I just need to think.

CutestWitch
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaire23 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:31 pm

That's fine :) Good luck with your new character and comment on the OOC when she's done.

Kaire23
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaire23 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Okay, all caught up on accepting ready characters and reading OOC. I'm gonna send out some PMs soon. If for some reason your character isn't accepted yet, it's because:

1) They're not done
2) Things need to be edited for the character (Look at old PMs if you got them or keep a look out for new ones coming in the next hour or so.
3) You posted them at the exact same time as I started writing this and I haven't noticed.

If you feel like you should be accepted already and feel these conditions don't apply to you, send me a PM. I'm always for talking it out or explaining things if need be :)

Edit: PMs are out and since I'm all caught up, I'm gonna finish up my two characters I planned to introduce. Just thought I'd update everyone with this since the Silencer Solider will be filled with my third character.

Kaire23
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abbaddon on Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:41 pm

...My character doesn't fall into any of those...

1. My character is finished

2. I have gotten no PMs about him

3. I posted it like 2-3 days ago

:/
Hiroyuki Sawano and Tetsuo Araki >>>>>>>>>>>> all

Abbaddon
Member for 6 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AppleSauce on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:36 pm

Finally finished making Miki!
Hope she gets accepted :D

AppleSauce
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Streamwatcher Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest Beta Tester World Builder Inspiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaire23 on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:44 pm

@Abbaddon, I would have rather you sent me a PM as I requested in the post before this so this wouldn't have been in the OOC but...

Your character is actually having problems with the second point. A new rule was made (that was stated earlier in the OOC) for users who wanted to create a demonic or an angel. This was done to minimize demonics and keep them from being too OP.

Kaire23 wrote:First, to be a demonic or an angel, you'll have to PM either me or Rari and work with us to establish powers for your characters. That way it'll be far less likely for an OP demonic or angel to make it's way through.

Second, to be a demonic you need to show us how your character being a demonic or an angel can aide the plot because right now, it seems a lot of people are making demonics just to make demonics.

Also, you should've gotten a PM from Rari about your character. There may have been a mix up though so I'm trying to double check to make sure it made it through and we'll probably just send it again if you did not receive it.

Kaire23
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rari on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:52 pm

@ Abbaddon

I did send you an om about the character, however it seems that a lot of people on this site are having trouble recieving and sending PMs lately. I will send another one ASAP.

@Everyone
NeverEndingFlip has reserved the role of Shikaku Master.

Also, kaire wont be online tonight to accept characters due to personal stuff, so please be patient, she will accept them when she gets back.

Rari
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaire23 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:06 am

@Rari We posted at the same time XD anyway, everything's fine now but I'm already in bed... Sooo there could be some accepting of characters tonight but since I'm only on my cell (Laptop is in the basement D:) it may be minimal.

Also! Have you ever edited an RP with a cell? Terrifying D: absolutely terrifying. I was afraid I'd delete the whole RP with a wrong click while reserving the master of shikaku for NeverEndingFlip.

IN OTHER NEWS! After my morning shift I have a day off :D so that means a lot of reading and accepting tomorrow and Sunday :D (Yay~)

Kaire23
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abbaddon on Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:49 pm

@GM's

I'm REALLY sorry that I haven't been able to get back to you via PM. Ever since I joined RoleplayGateway, I haven't been able to send and reply to PM's, so I can only reply via OOC.

The issue about my character's first ability:
-I didn't mean for it to emulate a gun, but I'm really flexible with what the spells are. If you're uncomfortable with it, I can change it.

The issue about what my character would bring to the table:
-I was thinking that my character, hearing about the abilities and strength of Rin, would try to be the person that attempts to distance her from both groups. He'd earn her trust, and when he thought the time was right, he'd backstab her big time.

Again, I'm extremely flexible, so if you'd prefer I change a thing or two about my character, just say.

Abbaddon
Member for 6 years
Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rari on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:36 am

Hey guys, I'm really forgetful.

For those of you who havent received pms, or havent sent them to me or Kaire (or is kaire hasnt gotten back to you yet) please let me know ASAP so we can work out issues and such and get all of you accepted into the Rp. Then we can start the Rp! and yeah. Its gonna be fun. Hopefully kaire and i can get online at the same time sometime today and make decisions about characters, who needs to be pm'd, and who can be accepted immediately.

Rari
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaire23 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Okay, weekend got a bit busy so I couldn't do much but today I tried to make up for it :) A lot or your guy's characters have been accepted. I plan to accept more but I'm actually currently on break and am running out of time.

I'm gonna edit the front page of the RP after work tonight (I close so it'll be awhile) and accept more characters once Rari gets back to me.

I'll be busy tomorrow but after I'm back home, I have the rest of the day and Wednesday (Day off :D) to get everything else accepted.

I'm thinking if everything goes to plan, we could start this RP up by Wednesday or Thursday :)

Anyway, work calls so I gotta end off the message.

Kaire23
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutestWitch on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:13 am

sorry I've been taking a while to work on my character. I want to discuss her with the GMs in PM. So I've been trying to get my PM working.

CutestWitch
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaire23 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Okay! Back from what I had planned today, I have no work, and I'm home aaaaaaaall~ night. Anyway, what I mean by that if anyone wants to PM, they can but seeing as PMs aren't really working now, send me a message through the chat box thingy (At the bottom of the screen if you didn't know. It says "Roleplayers" just type in my name and send me a message if I'm on.) I'll get back to you asap.

@Abbaddon, I'm so sorry I didn't get back to your OOC post sooner >< I'm cool with you being a demonic but the first power will still need to change. (I feel that was the only issue with your character but I'll run it by Rari again to make sure I didn't forget anything.)

Kaire23
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaire23 on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:41 pm

Okay, well wanted to do more today but I need Rari to continue (We both say we're okay with a character before I accept it and also a PM was supposed to send out and I don't want to send a second to them so I'm gonna wait for her.)

In the mean time! I thought I might lay out the intro to the RP for all the new people to this RP.

The RP always starts the same. Rin wakes up and she finds Len. After a bit of talking, a Shikaku member shows up and stirs up some trouble. This encounter basically decides where the RP goes.

Other members can also show up during the fight after awhile (with the exception of masters and extras to make sure the fight doesn't get too out of hand at the beginning.)

From there, the RP is a blank canvas :) Extras and masters may then be played and masters may dole out their punishments or praise depending on the outcome of the battle.

What needs to be decided is who of the Shikaku will start at the intro. I'd rather not control two characters during the intro since it influences the RP a lot so Alize is out of the question. Once CutestWitch is done with her character, both you and Jorxio may decide who can be right there in the intro.

Until then, I shall be on stand by. If anyone needs me, just message me :)

Kaire23
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rari on Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:04 pm

So sorry guys! I've not been feeling well the past two days. I will be online most of today to get stuff done, I promise!

Rari
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:47 pm

I would like to mention that come Saturday, I will be gone until the 1st, give or take one day. Just giving a heads up!

FamishedPants
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaire23 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:21 pm

@CutestWitch, if you're still having problems with the site and its pming issues, send an email to Rari at rariszoo@aol.com.

Kaire23
Member for 9 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!