Pokémon Gijinka: Dallea Region

Chat

a part of “Pokémon Gijinka: Dallea Region”, a fictional universe by juhumaki.

Pokémon Gijinka had been myths, made up, stories told to children before bed; no one had ever believed they were real...but there is always some truth inside a legend.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pokémon Gijinka: Dallea Region”.
Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby juhumaki on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:23 pm

Welcome to the chat room! You're welcome to ask questions, talk with other members, drop in with suggestions, and anything else you see fit!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

juhumaki
Member for 3 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Streamwatcher Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LunaSopor on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:02 pm

I'll be submitting a character soon but I've got a few questions. On our character sheets what should we write specifically for moveset and abilities? What are the parameters? I just want to make sure I fill it out correctly. Thanks. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LunaSopor
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby juhumaki on Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:42 pm

awesome! I'm excited to see him/her!
for the move sets, anything's fine. The name of the move and then the description on how they use it would be wonderful, if you could do that. Ability, it's the same thing, just a description of what effect(s) it has on your character.
for limits/parameters, moves I'm letting up to four maximum, one minimum, and then ability, just one (of course~)
so yeah! that's the basics. if you've got any other questions, don't be afraid to ask!

juhumaki
Member for 3 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Streamwatcher Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby juhumaki on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:19 pm

notification for everyone who's making characters:
I removed the character quote option, as that's exactly what the synopsis is. sorry for my mistake!

juhumaki
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nosyfatguy on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:03 am

I'd like to reserve the ginjika co-leader please ^.^

nosyfatguy
Member for 4 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby juhumaki on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:02 am

alright! I'll get that for you!

juhumaki
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Intricacy on Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:45 pm

Hello all. I'm currently posting a sheet for a neutral human trainer from the Sevii Islands who is travelling, and finds the Gijinka hunting evil. Currently trying to find pictures. GM please standby :)

Intricacy
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Tipworthy Group Theory Inspiration Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:54 pm

Hello!

I'd like to reserve a gijinka Co-Leader, if that's alright, and wanted to make an ordinary or Co-Leader Hunter with a question- Could my hunter be an undercover gijinka loyal to the Hunters? They'd use only physical moves with a reputation of just being a very skilled human.

This is such a fascinating plot, and I haven't RPed here in way too long! Thank you!

-BurningDark

BurningDark
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby juhumaki on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:06 pm

@Intricacy:
alright! Hope you didn't mind me looking through her, even though she's not finished yet...very detailed! I really like the format you set up for it though!

@BurningDark:
alright, I'll reserve the Gijinka Co-Leader for you!
as for the Gijinka Hunter, there are no Co-Leaders, only founders (who I'm going to reserve for all human characters, I'm really sorry...), so I'd like them to just be normal Hunter, if that's alright. Though I will be cautious when it comes to this undercover character, if you end up going through with it. Just be sure to be really careful with it, and I'd be totally fine~
but question, the Gijinka is loyal to the Hunters, agreeing with what they're doing, or he/she is undercover for the resistance or just other Gijinka, and trying to get information from the group?
sorry, just wondering.
also, glad you think the plot is interesting! I was hoping it was at least decent haha

juhumaki
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:12 pm

@fire-horizon
thank you!

it totally makes sense and i agree, the founders would make most sense as human. my character is only 1/4 gijinka and doesn't know of her mother's identity (the gijinka). she grew up with a fascination for fighting and figured the best way to take advantage of that skill would be to be a bounty hunter. her 'moves' only enhance her prior knowledge of hand-to-hand combat, and her team is all fighting types- she uses them more as fellow warriors than a team of fighters. she's completely loyal to the hunters though that might change if her parentage is revealed. I also wanted to make her father a scientist who studies gijinka (he fell in love with one so why not?), figuring he cut ties with his daughter as soon as she engaged in an organization so starkly contrasting to what he believes, she despises him (and secondhandly the gijinka he works with) as a result, fueling her hunting.

Sorry for a super long backstory here, hope it makes some sense to her character! I'm nearly done with her, she'll most likely be up within the hour and then i'll work on my gijinka co-leader. Thanks!!

-BurningDark

BurningDark
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby juhumaki on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:25 pm

@BurningDark:

ah, alright, that sounds really good! I'm excited to see her character when she's ready.~ good luck!

juhumaki
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyuukonhime on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:03 am

Hello~ I'm intrested in making a gijinka and a human for this, though I do have one question.

Are shinies allowed at all?

kyuukonhime
Member for 6 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Intricacy on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:01 pm

Nearly finished, sorry about the wait, but I've been giving it a lot of thought and work in the few hours that I can spare from work each night.

Intricacy
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Tipworthy Group Theory Inspiration Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby juhumaki on Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:16 am

@kyuukonhime:
yes! shinies are allowed. I apologize for not getting to your question sooner, as well. been rather busy lately!

@Intricacy:
that's okay! no worries~ go ahead and take all the time you need. it doesn't bug me at all. just let me know when you've finished!

juhumaki
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyuukonhime on Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:44 am

It's fine! I couldn't find a good picture of a shiny male dragonair anyway! XD

kyuukonhime
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Intricacy on Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:20 pm

I have officially finished with my character for now - can't think of an actual motto, even though it's not a required field. Never fear - one day, I will think of one, and it will be so inspirational, BrainyQuote will attribute it to my character.

Intricacy
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby juhumaki on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:53 am

that's okay! don't worry about it, it wasn't required, so no big deal~

anyways, she's accepted! she looked wonderful, lots of detail and all! good job!

juhumaki
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kyuukonhime on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:57 am

Hope my character's good, when are we starting this thing anyway?

kyuukonhime
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby juhumaki on Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:37 pm

I'm planning on trying to start it today or tomorrow. I'm still brainstorming something for the beginning, but I'll try to have it up soon. I'll be posting with all three of my characters (I'm just editing them a little bit, and all, don't mind me) soon though. just check back occasionally to see if I have~ sorry for the wait.

juhumaki
Member for 3 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby juhumaki on Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:01 pm

Hello everyone! I've got my character posts up. I'm sorry that they're not that great and kind of short (especially Avis's), but they're there! Don't feel like your characters are forced to reply to one of mine; you can create your own starter if you'd like. My starters are just there for if people would rather go with something already set up.

anyways, sorry if that doesn't make sense, feel free to reply to one of mine, or throw up one of your own starters! Thanks~

juhumaki
Member for 3 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!