Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Chicken?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

Chicken?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue May 16, 2006 4:47 pm

Google Talk, 5:39 PM:
Ian: Amber just choked on a chicken. I want you to drink in the innuendo.
Eric: Lmfao.
Ian: Chicken soup. She gagged. Hard.
Again, enjoy the innuendo.

And do note. This is NOT *my* Amber. Ian has his own Amber. Amber's mine.

<confusion>
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry wrote:If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Je Suis INSANE on Tue May 16, 2006 5:20 pm

That wasn't hard to follow at all. The sentence drips silently with sarcasm.

Being Amber this wasn't really all that hard but for Nonambers I can see the difficulty.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Je Suis INSANE
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Tue May 16, 2006 7:18 pm

Oh now I see...Je Suis INSANE is in fact Eric's gal?

I'm surprised it took me that long.

Heh, and that it is pretty funny.
I am Digit. I am a Forum Junkie. Hear me roar.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Je Suis INSANE on Tue May 16, 2006 8:42 pm

I'm nobody's "girl". I am my own individual person with my own name and my own thoughts. You meant it in the best possible way I'm sure and it's alright for some people to say that I suppose but no offense I don't know you. And those are the type of thoughts that are making women seem less and become less than they are.

Ooh...sorry. I'm not a femmenazi...and I don't belong to Eric, property belongs to other people. I'm not property I'm a person.

I willingly devote myself to him, and I hope he returns the sentiment.

Note: I have always thought that it is alright to use possession when talking about the person you are with but when it comes from another body outside the couple it seems negative.

I love you Eric.

Je Suis INSANE
Member for 13 years

~~~<3

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Wed May 17, 2006 12:12 am

Aw. I couldn't help but bask in the love there for a whole moment. I know how yah feel chica about the whole being possessive and possessed.

In any case... chicken soup. I might've preferred the vegetable beef. O.o... Chicken is mostly tastless -- a bunch of salt in water with some celery flavouring (unless you add other flavours to enhance it). Beef is the real stuff. ^.-

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Wed May 17, 2006 1:47 am

I have to say I find this interesting the whole possession thing I mean, chicken soup is as Kessa says rather dull, even boring. It strikes me that the possession or otherwise implied by the expression
Oh now I see...Je Suis INSANE is in fact Eric's gal?
is in the head of the reader. For me it doesn't imply that you are Eric's good or chattle but that you and he are a couple. Please don't think I am getting at you but I am interested what shorthand there is in English can as easily express your relationship.
This is more about the shortcomings of the English language than anything else.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Je Suis INSANE on Wed May 17, 2006 5:01 am

Could someone please state what the innuendo is?

Je Suis INSANE
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Wed May 17, 2006 5:30 am

Je Suis INSANE wrote:Could someone please state what the innuendo is?

Isn't that in south America somewhere?

Oh sorry.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Wed May 17, 2006 5:30 am

Here's a thing why does that quote function never work when I use it?

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Wed May 17, 2006 8:50 am

LOL The innuendo's all in the mind really. You can make anything you want to sound dirty if you put that lilting tone to it. So chicken might refer to, ah, um, the... chicken soup might refer to the salty tase of... er... wow, I'm entirely too embarassed to explain this. xD Do you see what I'm getting at?

All I have to say is "I ate a lot of chicken yesterday... with gravy." Now I want you to, with your mind in the absolute worst gutter, to imagine that. Okay, now you can stop. ...No really. See? Lol. Anything can become an innuendo in the right terms, so that was sorta what you make of it, nothing so specific. Generally, you just gotta use the nasty side of your imagination.

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed May 17, 2006 9:01 am

/me can't help but burst out into laughter at Kessa...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Wed May 17, 2006 9:02 am

Just imagine I have quoted the first line of the second paragraph:
And was it fowl?

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.