Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Childhood Heroes

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Childhood Heroes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:15 pm

Someone opened a thread titled "Heroes." I got all excited expecting it to be about our own personal heroes, but turns out it was about the show. xD So I'm gonna make it happen!

Specifically, who was/were your childhood hero(es)?

My number one? Oh, just a little nobody named....

HULK HOGAN!

My second biggest childhood hero? Oh, just this fella, who was both a cop and a robot. You may have heard of him.

I always thought one of my childhood heroes was Dr. Alan Grant. Turns out it was simply Sam Neill in everything, ever.

Also when I was a child I thought Samus was a man and that "he" was the coolest thing that could ever... well... roll into a ball, I guess.

And lastly, I blame my fifth greatest childhood hero on my father, for forcing me to watch Star Trek with him. Particularly, Next Generation. Jean-Luc Picard, you will always be my second-greatest old-man-crush.

So! Tell me who your childhood heroes are! I think they could reveal a lot about ourselves, and perhaps offer a bit of insight into the kind of RP that we enjoy.
Last edited by ThatsNotPoetry on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Dead link, oh noes!
I am available as an RP mentor should you seek to improve.
I draw things that you may like.
I like Ronald Jenkees and you might, too.

I require a certain level of writing skill in my stories. Don't be insulted, I just prefer to RP novel-level material. (I, I, I, me, me, me. I sound like such a jerk.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: Childhood Heroes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LaurenAFI on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:18 pm

Hmm.. Britney Spears x]. But she was normaler back then and she did have a few good songs.

There was also Cinderella, Santa the Easter bunny and tooth fairy and I have home videos where it said I wanted to be a penguin as my job when I grew up, strange I know, so penguins x].

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LaurenAFI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:29 pm

LaurenAFI wrote:Hmm.. Britney Spears x]. But she was normaler back then and she did have a few good songs.

It sounds so chronologically impossible to me because I was like 15 when Spears got really popular, and I have no idea how old you are. xD So strange!

LaurenAFI wrote:There was also Cinderella, Santa the Easter bunny and tooth fairy and I have home videos where it said I wanted to be a penguin as my job when I grew up, strange I know, so penguins x].

Don't ever let anyone tell you you can't be an antarctic bird when you grow up, gosh durnit. >(

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blaze Damascus on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:57 pm

MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE!!

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

THIS GUY. Holy crap I am in teh vidya gaems.

I think Goku is a cool guy, eh powers up and doesn't afraid of nothin'.

ATATAATATATATATATATAATATATATATA YOAAAYHHH!

You are already dead.

"Hope was truely the most terrible of all the things hidden in Pandora's Box."
┐(´д`)┌

Blaze Damascus
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:05 am

Oh shit! I think Fist of the North Star is a pretty cool guy, eh destroys bodies from within and doesn't afraid of anything.

Also the mention of these heroes reminded me of one which I am ashamed to have forgotten:

SEGATA SANSHIRO

I heart you, Ken. Also it's good to hear from you again. :3

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blaze Damascus on Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:21 am

BFF! I also forgot about Segata Sanshiro and now ..the song is stuck in my head. And its going to be stuck in my head all night.

OMAE WA MO SHIDE IRU!

If only we could have a FOTNS RP thread that didn't get wildly out of control with power levels.

Blaze Damascus
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morning Star on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Ash and Pikachu (from the original series, of course. They're horrible now...)
Yami from YuGiOh (original series (in US, not Japan))
Marik and Bakura from YuGiOh (still love them)
Probably have more, but can't remember them at the moment.
ImageImage

Morning Star
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:11 pm

My heroes:

I think thats about it for the big ones.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:23 pm

Gabriel, are these your current heroes, childhood heroes, or both? :O

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel_Whist on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:27 pm

All of the above. XD

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:49 pm

Here imy childhood heros in a count down of importance to me.

3The white power ranger

He made it cool to be part of America's dominant racial background.

2Godzillla!!!

He smashed things, and got praize and glory for doing it. I thought that oneday I could do that too. Image

1Tom and cartoonnetwork in gerenal

In the good old days of the televison network it made me feel like my state was not just a place full of crazy baptist, hicks and a kickass art college.
DO NOT WANT ...my post to be rated.

If you feel like critiquing any post that I make please do it though PM as I find it much more informative than a simple number

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:20 pm

I have lots of Different Role Models that I had during Childhood and I still do...They are as flows from least importance to most importance...(5=Low 1=High)

6: Neji Hyuga, He has influenced my fighting style, in which i use spins, pressure points, and Palm strikes/blocksImage

5:Barry Manilow, He has influenced how I sing And I have altered my voice to how he sings....I sing Very well for my age. Image

4: Sora, He has influenced me to start swordfighting which I am extremely proficient at... I just can't do magic, high jumps or insane Reaction Commands like Block in the Sephiroth battle... I could Probably beat him by now if he didn't have som many freakin abilities!

3: Herman Li, He has influenced me to start playing My guitar as fast as possible...I have recently gotten extremely good at Finger tapping, finger sliding, Vibrato, Power Chords, and 32th note strumming.

2: Chuck Norris...No description is needed just a roundhouse kinck to the face, and you'll know DAMN well why XD.

1: Dragons, honestly unless you have been living under a box since i joined you should Know why Dragons are # 1. on my list.

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:54 am

Riikano, aren't Naruto and Kingdom Hearts relatively new on the "events since I was a child" scale? 'Course, I never liked either so I dunno jack about them, perhaps I am wrong. xD But then, you are young and so your childhood heroes are much more recent than mine. :3 Wow, this thread has ended up being quite different from what I expected. Some part of me assumed it would be a thread loaded with old gen-X references. The things you learn!

3. The white power ranger
He made it cool to be part of America's dominant racial background.

lol x333

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:08 am

TNP, also you may not have noticed but I said and Quote..."I had Rolemodels during childhood and i still do", but the newest ones are Sora, Neji, and Herman Li... Dragons, Chuck Norris, and Barry Manilow I have loved all through my 13 1/2 year long life...

And if your going to say...."I can't beleive kids these days listen to Barry Manilow..." I can Easily say that I'll sick Chuck Norris and My Dragon Army on you MWAHAHAHA!!!

Another thing I just realized....TNP is close to TMNT....:lol:

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:51 pm

Riikano-Alinaris wrote:TNP, also you may not have noticed but I said and Quote..."I had Rolemodels during childhood and i still do", but the newest ones are Sora, Neji, and Herman Li... Dragons, Chuck Norris, and Barry Manilow I have loved all through my 13 1/2 year long life...

Oh no, I read it, trust me. As I explained, our difference in years makes your childhood heroes people I became aware of in my late teens/just recently. It makes this thread somewhat thrilling for me, because I get to see what's being praised in the minds of youth today.

Riikano-Alinaris wrote:And if your going to say...."I can't beleive kids these days listen to Barry Manilow..." I can Easily say that I'll sick Chuck Norris and My Dragon Army on you MWAHAHAHA!!!

This is an RP site. We're all into unexpected stuff! No, I'm not going to think anyone is into (innocent) stuff beyond their age range. Keep your imaginary superheroes in their containment units. ;)

Riikano-Alinaris wrote:Another thing I just realized....TNP is close to TMNT....:lol:

Hahaha xD Bit of a stretch, but I have no problem being linked to the lean, mean, ass-kicking machines. Which I forgot to mention as another batch of my childhood heroes. I had all the figures when I was in 2nd grade--back before they were a tongue-twisting abbreviation!
Last edited by ThatsNotPoetry on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link!

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:49 pm

Picard is pretty good. But I'm' gonna have to say first and foremost my Dad.
When the end seem to justify the means, you've tried too hard to find an excuse. When 'by any means necessary' means 'violence may become necessary' you've lost sight of your goal. When people lay down and die rather than endure any more suffering, worry for the state of humanity. When people do not comment on how wrong this is, become angry at the world, because feeling that upset is too hard to bare. When people say 'you care too much' don't answer, because there is no such thing.

Wakboth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:14 pm

Oh I forgot somebody Who would Probably be around 2.5 On my list...

2.5: Jak And Daxter, Who have given me some Badass traits, and My Horrible Pick Up lines, That never work

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alucroas on Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:14 am

#1 Godzilla: I've been watching Godzilla since I was 3 years old. I've always loved monsters, always loved watching 'em fight, and it's nice to know that not all of 'em get bad rep. Not to mention, it's been my inspiration for using monsters in almost every RP.
#2 Hideo Kojima: He made the ultimate video game of all time: Metal Gear which implements historical facts to create one of the best story-lines of all time, while throwing in his own personal interests, such as basing Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater off one of the first James Bond Films: From Russia With Love. It's helped change the way I think about things in real life, taught players to question their actions in his games on a moral level. He also applied concepts that the world is facing today. (I want his cock)

#3 Stan Lee: The man who brought superheroes down to our level. He knew how to show us how normal they really are, as well as showing us that even the bad guys got a little bit of good in 'em.

#4 Lewis Black: His hot temper makes me laugh incredibly hard, his jokes are unique, and I can relate to him, not to mention all the odd traits that refer to who he is as a person.

Last edited by Alucroas on Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alucroas
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilt_Man on Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:20 am

OH JOY! Yet another list of things that shall be fun to compile.

Heros…lord I have far to many to count.

Well the first one that comes to mind for me is the one and only blue bomber and his Best buddy. Mega Man and Zero; I can’t think of a cooler pair of robotic guys

This would be quickly fallowed by another blue fellow Sonic (( though I’m a big Nintendo fan boy now; I’ve always been a fan of that crazy hedgehog )

Another would be the green rangers. Forget the white ranger; it was all bout the green ranger with his dagger flute thing that summoned a mecha Godzilla! (( Oddly enough before they introduced him my favorite was the blue ranger…what is it with me and blue guys? ))

Jackie Chan….I’m just wordless. He got me started in martial arts, in comedy, in everything! I want to hug this man!

There will be more. It’s 1 in the morning here so I can’t remember all of my lovely childhood influences right off the bat. I do have quite the load of them though.

Kilt_Man
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:58 am

Godzilla is up there, it seems!

I just want to remind everyone that these are our childhood heroes; people that we worshiped when we were children. Not people who provided us with stuff we liked as kids or people we respect now (unless they happen to still be your heroes, of course!)

I'm so glad this thread picked back up! *squeal!*

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!