Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Children of Dawn

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Children of Dawn

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awakening on Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:13 pm

This is a vampire based RP, but of course most other races are welcome within a certain restraint. Please no super-hybrids (half-breeds are fine), and try to keep in mind that the majority of characters I'm looking for are humans and vampires, so if you're thinking along the lines of a ten foot tall dragon with an eagle's head or something, it won't blend very well. ;)

Chicago, present day. As the world fights against terrorism, drug abuse, and the AIDs epidemic, a collection of government based community centers and recreation clinics have sprouted throughout the city, shining a much needed light upon its inhabitants.
But the bustling streets and crowded sidewalks hold a sinister secret. The sides of good and evil have collided, blending into a single and chaotic whirlwind of deceit, hope, and bloodshed. Police corruption, power-mad politics, and everything in between. With the rise of human evil, a new breath of life found its way to the forsaken, to the shadow dwellers, or more commonly known as vampires. Their intentions: take down the mangled government, rebuild a world of their own, and kill everyone who stands in their path.
A glimpse of morale still stands, as a righteous group have banded together to defeat the evil threatening to concur the city, and inevitably the world. Standing for all that is just and good, they have set forth on a mission to eliminate all who seek to destroy.
Amidst the wars to ensue, some will find love, hate, and friendship. But who will live to see the dawn?

I am aware that everyone tends to group characters into a single niche, for whatever reason, but I ask that you try and keep things diverse. The whole point of this RP is to battle over the city, not make a bunch of friends.
That does not mean, however, that unnecessary fights should pop up randomly. Create a plot, make it interesting. And have fun.

Character sheet

Name: Anaxana (Ana-zaynuh).
Race: Vampire.
Physical Description: Tall and slender, Anaxana stands at five foot seven and weighs 126 pounds, often passing off as a woman in her early twenties. Soft, ebon locks punctuate her milky complexion and fall to the center of her back before coiling into loose curls. A diamond stud adorns the bit of skin above her upper lip to the right. Her eyes are glossy amber, commonly lined in a thick trail of black which create an elongated point at the outer corners. She's most comfortable in a moss-green tank top and brown skirt reaching her ankles before giving way to black boots beneath its drapes. However, for more seclusion, she is known to wear a black dress, snugly fit in the torso and bust, but flowing freely from her waist down to the same black boots, and pulled together with a formal fitting trench coat.
Other Info: Anaxana's sole purpose in life is to make it to the top, to make it big. She craves adoration and power, and is willing to kill to achieve it. Her lover of three years left her for dead when their apartment was ransacked by an opposing clan, leaving her cold and ruthless, with the exception of a select few who she would defend 'til her death on their march to victory.
War does not determine who is right; only who is left.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Awakening
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Children of Dawn

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:02 pm

ooc:YAY VAMPIRES!!!

Name: Faurvire (FAR-vear (( the last syllable is pronounced like fear)) )
Race: Vampire
Physical Description: Tall and slender, black hair falling in front of his pale face, with lips that are as black as his soul. Piercings are littered about his face, with a large tatoo of a fang on the middle of his chest. His black shirt hugs him tightly, but is a loose enough so that someone could see the top of the fang. His baggy black pants accent him, each pocket has multiple chains coming off it. His eyes can shift from pitch-black, to red. His black gloves usualy concel his greatest sorrow
Other Info: Usually is on his own, or doing reacon for his clan. He is immune to seduction, and the wonders of the womans body, due to losing his love many years ago. Has extreme dislike for any human, but the one's who dress like him (( he hangs out with the emo kids often))

BTW: if a vampire sucks out a person with AIDS blood, can the vampire get AIDS???
Sanity is just a limitation

If I was normal, then why would you even acknowledge me?

Go Eagle Go!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:25 pm

Name: Tailer ((Real name: Sharren))(Shar-en)
Race: Vampire
Physical Description: short and slender, looks like a 13 year old, he wears a black jacket and blue cargo pants, he has gloves with the symbol of his clan on them. He has purple eyes and medium blue hair slicked back. otherwise he looks mostly human (still being young). He wears a necklace that activates when he gets into a hard fight it makes him grow into a full vampire (looks 20) and stay that way for 24 hours.
Other Info: Quite frankly Tailer is the worst vampire in the world. He doesn't hate humans, he rarely kills them (drinking only small amounts of blood instead of all) his fangs aren't fully grown, and he doesn't want power that much. But he doesn't want other people to get hurt even more. He usually sticks with other vampires for protection, but if he is in a pinch or someone is in trouble, his necklace will activate and he will cut down anyone who stands in the way of his goal.

Ooc: is this ok? and no, the vampire drinks the blood, it doesn't go into their bloodstream, like drinking water.
Last edited by SoulsFlame on Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let your soul Burn!!!

Life is to short to give up, never stop fighting.

The blade is a tool and a way of life.

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pantsmaster on Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:44 pm

Name: Herald Kairos
Race: Werewolf (Free morphing kind.)
Appearance: Gerald has long curly grey hair. He has a grey goatee. He is around 5 foot 9 and has Yellow eyes. He wears a black sports coat. And a grey dress vest underneath. He has black dress pants. When he is a full werewolf his fur is brown and is starting to grey around thenose.

Other Info: Herald is the owner of a small Mercenary/ Military vehicle/ Weapon producing company called Midnight Clockwork, that has legal license to carry any weapons they chouse. They are commonly hired by wealthy (power hungry politics) people who need something guarding (like shipments ,secrets and there lives.). Herald hates vampires for the only kind he has encountered where the kind that acts like “ Vampires are superior to werewolves, werewolves are just another thing for us to hunt, they are just as weak as humans”.After catching wind of the vampire’s plot, He has started a special group of mercenaries in the program called “Bane of Night”. These troops are fitted to kill vampires.

Pantsmaster
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awakening on Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:40 pm

OOC: Nice to see you again, LeCruise. ;) And welcome aboard everyone! This should prove to be very interesting.
But before we get started, I wanted to clear up the confusion about the vampires contracting diseases. Generally speaking, vampires are already dead-- or undead, rather-- so their bodies have already broken down and regenerated. The bulk of their organs no longer have a use, including their intestines as they feed off of blood and don't need to worry about digesting solids. In some cases, such as "ageless" vampires (or "traditional"), a human has been "infected" by another vampire and reborn. When this happens, their DNA is reshaped and mutated in such a way that very few human-like characteristics remain, so most diseases will have no effect. Basically, what's already dead can't die from an internal attack such as AIDs. However, I don't suppose that means they can't simply cantract it. It just won't be fatal. The same goes for other diseases and infections. With the exception of supernatural forces and magics, of course. After all, vampires are not invincable.
Which brings me to my next topic: the weaknesses. I figured I'd cover this before we got too involved in the game. The traditional "death by sun" still stands. Direct contact with sunlight after a prolonged period will decompose the skin, burn it to ash, blah blah blah. Garlic, though... well, I won't degrade myself by further discussing that. XD Flesh wounds typically heal after a day or two, depending on the strength of your character. And if you wish to completely kill a vampire, severing the connection between the heart, brain and rest of the body is the way to go. Decapitation, bullets to the head, stabbing the heart, and the such.
And I see we have a werewolf among us. Good, good. Welcome to the fun! Unfortunately, that particular species isn't my specialty, so I'll have to read up on that.

Awakening
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:58 pm

ooc: I am wanting to join this one because I have a thing for vampire rps, and have been doing them for around three years now, but I need to be solid on your lore. I have a link below which I generally go to for questions. If you could look at it and agree or disagree with the concepts so I will know, whether or not to create a new character or use one of my old ones.

http://www.scrollsofknowledge.com/index.php?menu=240
The Clerics of Okern - Looking for High Quality Players: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-clerics-okern-t25520.html

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:34 pm

ooc: I agree with most of that, except the stake thing, and maybe not being able to go out in the sun (Sort of), but the stake thing doesn't seem right. I mean no matter what creature it is, if you stab a stake into their heart that would kill them, thats it, there heart wouldn't pump blood and they will die, but thats my opinion, how about you Awakening?

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:22 pm

ooc: The way I see it, is if the stake is removed, and there is still blood in the vampires body, the bloodhealing stage would automatical heal the wounded heart.

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awakening on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:39 am

OOC: I suppose it all depends on the circumstances of the stabbing. Like I've said, they do have the ability to heal flesh wounds relatively easily, even more so the stronger they become. But typically a traumatic attack to the brain, heart, or spinal cord is enough to kill them seeing as how that's their only grip on "life." If the attack wasn't successful and only grazed the heart, it could be possible for them to survive. Other than that, everything from that link is pretty accurate. Besides, I won't bite your head off if you slip up here and there. And, if you do seem to make a mistake that you feel is liable, try to create a detailed story line explaining it to me in a private message and I'll see if I can give you a green light. After all, even vampires can mutate and evolve. And that leaves open space for creativity.
Any other questions, feel free to ask. I want this to be an enjoyable game. But I'm getting a bit antsy, so let's say we get the ball rolling, eh? :D

IC: Thin ghosts of clouds traced their way across the sky, enclosing the moon in their wake. A silver wedge pinned against the stars, silent and ungodly beautiful. Anaxana was crouched at the edge of a rooftop, her palms pressed firmly against the cement between widespread feet, and shifted her gaze from the spectacle in the sky to the streets eight stories below. A breeze pushed back a tendril of ebon from her vision, gentle and warm. It was a lovely night. The drone of cars and taxi cabs settled into a rhythmic hum, broken every so often with the crash of splitting glass or the screeching of sirens. Dense fumes of garbage and exhaust twisted through the atmosphere, mingling with the perfumes of flowerbeds and restaurants. A dog barked madly somewhere in the distance and then hushed momentarily before emitting a steady howl.
There Anaxana sat, absorbing the night. Two men exchanged handshakes and shoulder bumps across the street, motioning with their hands as the spoke, ensnaring eachother into deep conversation. The sidewalks had long since been deserted, save for the few young hooligans or lovers walking eachother home that wondered the blocks. Anaxana watched the men from her perch. One was dressed in a denim jacket, the other in a gray T-shirt, both equally full of vigor and life. Stretching her body to stand, Anaxana's gaze lingered for a moment before she stepped from the edge onto the rooftop and circled to the door leading inside. Upon reaching the elevator, she turned and made her way down a short hallway and began her descent on the stairs. She exited the building a short time later, having snatched her coat from her loft and pulled it firmly about her torso before securing the buttons.
The two men were engaged in another handshake as she stepped through the door of the building, and she kept her eyes looking ahead down the street as she casually turned left and strolled away, her pace slow and steady. The dense clap of footsteps sounded behind her, and several moments later the man in denim emerged in her peripherals on the opposite side of the street. The corners of her mouth twitched and pulled into a smirk as Anaxana allowed herself to fall back behind the man, the pointed ends of her canines pressing against the flesh of her lips.

Awakening
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:16 pm

Name: Eaon (Aye-on)

Race: Daywalker

Personality: Eaon always, prefers to be alone. He only talks when conversation is needed. He tends to be cruel to all but the few he respects. He has a deep hatred for 'mortals' and there weaknesses. Pain? Love? Guilt? No, Eaon would never allow such Human emotions to effect him.

Appearance: Like most daywalkers, Eaon appears to be human. His fangs are only slightly larger than normal human teeth. He has jet-black hair, and pitch black eyes. Eaon stands at six feet tall, and weighs only about 140 pounds. He wears a dark trenchcoat over black jeans, and a tight fitting t-shirt. He has small, yet toned muscles, which are not really nessesary considering he is a vampire, and as such is gifted with unholy strength.

Weapons: Sheathed in a dark leather scabbard, hidden within his coat, is Eaon's short sword. It has a black blade, with a red hilt. However, he prefers uses his vampiric abilities, rather than dirtying his blade. He carries a desert eagle in his coat however. There is nothing more satisfieing then sending a fifty caliber round through the chest of a cocky victim.

History: A powerful Vampire, who lives hundreds of years and possesses the ability of walking in the Sun like a mortal, is known as a Daywalker. Daywalkers are renown hunters of their race.

As soon as Eaons transformation had taken place, he left his brethren to study the arts of vampirism in solitude. The nearly 180 years of scarce feeding, and solitude resulted in Eaon becoming a daywalker. With his new found ablilty, he sought out some of his own people, and although he still prefers to be alone, he will not denie the pleasues of living surrounded by humans. While before he had to travel miles just for a scent of fresh blood, now all he had to do was walk the street, pick out a target, and let his instincts do their work.

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:04 pm

ooc: yay we get to start.
Ic: Tailer walked at dusk, he had a big straw hat on to keep the sun off his face. "This is really boring, i wish their was someone to talk to." He stopped at a vending machine and bought a soda. Huh, he thought, no other vampires he knew liked human food and drink, it was only him, but he had been that way for as long as he could remember. He started walking down the street again sipping his soda. after a little walking he spied two men shaking hands and then braking off, a women dropping back behind them.

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:28 pm

Faurvire was watching the outside world, day had turned to night. Little kids were gone, and teenagers ran about, or were walking, depending on their ages. Faurvire sighed loudly, he looked back at his apartment, the entire room screamed darkness. Scented candles were lite, and gave off a copper scent. Bed, Bath, and Blood Faurvire thought to himself when he thought of these candles. Faurvire looked at the black paint, with blood-red tendrils running through the walls, all of the tendrils went together at the wall farthest from the door, and formed a silver skull, with blood red eyes. A small coffin sat on a black end table, Faurvire always liked the old-time thinking of the vampires in the coffin, thing. He smiled, then looked over at the other person in the room. Her black hair was tied back, revealing her pale face, her eyes rolled back in her head. Her black, tight clothes now hung very loose about her body. Two holes were perched in her neck.

"Dinner" Faurvire said out-loud before he exited the apartment, human-style. He locked the door, which from the outside was a regular door. He walked down the hall, and exited, taking not to much of a notice of the regular doors, and such. The air was cool, night had just took full control, and the moon was hidden by clouds. Faurvire knew that were-wolves were strongest with a full-moon, on a clear night. Unfortunatly, as the vampires had evolved since Count Dracula days, the wolf-man had to. Were-wolves could actualy control their shifting, a terrible advantage for them, it gave them the accessiblity to assasanate a sleeping vampire. "bastards" Faurvire thought to himself. He looked over at the two men shaking hands, and the boy, who looked young, getting himself some food. There was a young woman, who was obviously a vampire, that walked past Faurvire, but he gave no sign of acknoledgement as she walked past. Faurvire had met more than his fair share of other vampires in his days, and not all of them were that friendly. He walked over to a purring stray cat. The cats fur was orange with a crimson upside-down star on its forehead. Faurvire liked this cat, he gazed into its yellow eyes, those slits were almost mezmirizing, but, when it came to hypnosize, Faurvire had any cat beat. Faurvire's eyes shifted from black to red, for only a moment, but that was long enough. The cat stopped purring, and went into Faurvire's now out streched hand. Faurvire smiled, he could use a friend at his house...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:53 pm

Tailer saw the cat leap into the mans outstretched arms. That was enough of a sign for him, maybe it's time to make a new friend, he was cold and needed a place to stay. Tailer walked over to the guy and said "Hi, my name is Tail-" he caught himself when he saw the mans eyes, oh he thought, he was a vampire with some skill, better not give him my nickname" "I mean Sharren, nice to meet you... can i ask you a favor big bro?"
Ooc: (Not literally on the big bro thing, thats what he calls every guy a little older then he is)

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:22 pm

Faurvire was carrying the cat now, it started purring once again. Faurvire looked directly into the other vampire's eyes, Faurvire's own eyes were black at the moment, his hypnotizim was only activated in the red-eye form. He talked cooly, and never took his eyes off sharren's eyes,

"What do you request of me?" Faurvire took a small notice of the cat stopped purring...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:34 pm

"I need a place to stay for the night. So if you would be real kind, would you let me stay with you just for the night, nothing else." Tailer gave his best smile, but he also made sure he was wary of the other vampire.

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:52 am

This was a different thing. What normal vampire would spend his night in a room, when he could be drinking...for that matter, what normal vampire eats food? Faurvire was now intreged, his interest perked, and his curiousity got the better of Faurvire this time.

"Before I can let you in," Faurvire's eyes remained their icy black," Why do you need to stay in a place for the night?"...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:58 am

"Because its cold, i don't much like the dark, or the cold, and their both here tonight." Tailer shivered as a gust of wind blew by. "I only like to go out in the dark during the summer, its to late in the year to be out at this hour, anyway, I don't get any bonuses from being out here. Well except i meet people like you I can stay with."

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awakening on Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:10 pm

Anaxana stepped into the street as the man in denim turned a corner, shifting her gaze slightly to observe two creatures several paces back. They certainly weren't shy about exuding their vampirism. Crossing the intersection, her steps light and deliberate, Anaxana caught sight of the man rummaging for keys in his pocket as they closed in on another apartment complex. With the exception of his hand, no other distortion was visible within his pockets, assuring the absence of a cellphone. The stranger slid the key into the lock, his back turned to the street.
"Excuse me." The man turned to find Anaxana standing, her thumbs hooked in the pockets of her coat, against the driver's side of a blue cadillac. "I seemed to have locked my keys in my car," she spoke, the words rolling from her tongue with a slight awkwardness one may expect when encountering a stranger, but her eyes flickered copper and her voice rose and fell with liquid grace, and she cocked her head ever so slightly, ever so alluring, to allow a softly twisting lock to fall over her shoulder. "Would you mind if I used your phone?" Her lashes batted once and the deep tone had vanished from her eyes, leaving them once again a gilded shade of amber, and she smiled.
The man hesitated, his gaze roaming the features of Anaxana's face, before twisting the knob on the door and pushing it open. He composed himself, brushing unseen debris from his shirt as he chuckled, "I've had my fair share of locked-in keys. I have a phone in my place."
Anaxana nodded, her lips still set in a pleasant smile as she entered the building beside him. His place, evidently, was on the third floor, if she didn't mind a few flights of stairs. Of course she didn't; she was glad to have been invited in at all, she cooed. They made light conversation on their climb, and upon reaching his door, the man swung it open with an outstretched hand as if to present his furnishings to a new bride. Anaxana stepped into the living room. She ran her fingers along the back of the couch as she made her way to the center of the room, unfastening the buttons of her coat. She slid the garment off her shoulders to reveal the porcelain quality of her skin showing around her dress and tossed it casually onto the sofa. She observed her surroundings. "Lovely place you have."
A rosie flush appeared in the man's cheeks and he fumbled at his words, clearing his throat. "Would you-- uhem-- would you like a drink before you make your call?"

An hour or so and five glasses later, the color in the man's face had changed from awed blush to drunken pink as he slid to Anaxana's side on the couch, his breath plagued with alcohol. Shifting her weight to lean into his figure, Anaxana brushed the back of her hand against his jawline, trailing the tip of her digits across his lips then down his throat. The increasing pulse rippled under his skin, entangling Anaxana in lust. Drawing herself into his lap, she flicked her tongue across her lips and pressed them onto his. She could feel the circulation of blood, strong and demanding. The man's hands wondered her back, and his head fell to the side as he emitted a shaky breath. Anaxana sneered. Resting a hand gently against his face, cupping his chin for support, she opened her jaw. The already elongated canines stretched forth from her gumline in a glistening display of ivory.
She lunged downward, her movement smooth, clamping onto the man's jugular. The soft flesh gave way to her fangs and an explosion of blood poured into her mouth. The man's body jerked, then fell limp. His head lay heavily in Anaxana's palm, hot breath streaming less and less from his nostrils as she pulled the crimson fluid from his body and into her own.

Awakening
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:39 pm

Eaon walked down the street and a steady pace. His steps falling heavily on the pavement echoed off the buildings in the narrow street. He was shivering slightly. Not from the cold, as he hardly ever noticed it, but from the fresh blood making its way through his body. The warming sensation was extremely pleasurable. He had just fed off an innocent, and thus the blood was that much more pure, more satisfying.

Despite it being the dead of night, Eaon had a pair of black reflective lenses over his eyes. He did not want to show off his dark, empty eyes to mortals, and they tended to panic, which meant Eaon had to silence them. He still saw perfectly fine in the dark even with his glasses. He saw the vampire lure the cat, and heard the young one eating human foods. He very slightly shook his head when he saw these things. Public displays of Vampirism? Conforming to Human way of life? He found such acts a disgrace. Vampires were vastly superior to Humans, mortals should never be allowed to even get a glimpse of our powers, nor should any Vampire lower themselves to the level of consuming human foods.

All this went through Eaon’s head as he walked past them. Yet he refrained from saying anything. He didn’t have time to worry about other vampires.

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:43 pm

Tailer was standing there waiting for a reply when he saw the man walking down the street, and thats when one of his terribly bad habits came up, he loved to pester other vampires, especially older ones. He ran in front of the new vampire and shouted a large greeting. "Hia old man, what'cha doing out here?"

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.