Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Choosing Sides

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Choosing Sides

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:11 am

Zhelir jerked awake at the sound of a rather irritating beep, originating from his console. It was L01 hailing him, no doubt, instructing him on where to land.

Zhelir's hand slid over and tapped a single key, and a small window popped up on one of the multiple cockpit screens, the rest of which were displaying the area of space surrounding him. An official-looking man's face appeared in this window, saying, "Unidentified Mobile Suit, you are cleared for landing on bay 6. You will need to register your ship and pay the fees when you arrive."

Zhelir cursed under his breath, and hoped whoever he had to talk to in the bay was a sensible kind of person. "Alright," he replied, "And could you inform SinfulSoul that I've arrived?"

the man looked at him quizzically for a minute. "You mean the candidate for-"

"Yeah, yeah, that one," Zhelir replied imptatiently, already aiming the suit for the docking bay he had been instructed to go to, "We go way back. Just tell him I'm here, I'm sure the guy still has my number."

Before the man could respond, Zhelir cut the transmission and bumped down lightly in bay 6, powering down his suit. He popped the cockpit door out and carefully made his way to the floor via the same lift chord he'd used to enter it. Another official-looking man, this one looking older and more seasoned, made his way towards Zhelir.

"Ship ID?" The man questioned.

"OZ-13MSX2, 'Mercurius.'" Zhelir replied.

The man tapped on the electronic clipboard he was carrying, before continuing, "Payment method?"

"Third party," Zhelir answered once more, "Charge it to SinfulSoul."

The man gave him the same look the tower operator had given him. "What's with you guys?" Zhelir groaned, "Politicians have friends, too. Give him a call, he'll tell you."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:05 am

He was attempting to adjust to his new office setting where he would be taking care of his future business relations when his phone began to ring. Raising a single eyebrow, he looked over towards the phone with a bit of curiousity. He then wandered over and picked the phone up.
"Hello? This is he. Stop saying it's a stupid question, I already know you're an idiot. What is it already? Zhelir!?"
He paused for several moments, ignoring the increasingly panicy official.
"Yes. Let him pass. Waive the fees. Yes yes, I'll sign the papers in the morning. Where is he? Bay 6?"
Immediately after hearing "Bay 6" he hung up the phone and quickly made his way out of his office. He hitched a ride in a private car driven by a chauffer, and within a few minutes he had made it to Bay 6. His form was enshrouded in a large black trench coat, a choice of attire that was unusual for a politician, but then again his primary profession was never really politics. He flipped the collar up on the trenchcoat to conceal as much of himself as he could and his military style black boots clicked along the floor with each step. He made his way through the sliding doors leading to the reception area of Bay 6 and was quickly able to decipher which of the people was Zhelir. He quickly made his way over towards Zhelir, pushing aside the official pestering him with questions.
"It has been a long time, Zhelir."
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:45 am

Zhelir grinned at the towering figure before him, clad in the large black trench coat he was so used to seeing him in.

"That it has, Sinful." Zhelir replied, extending his hand to his old friend. After a brief handshake, the grin faded from Zhelir's face. "Listen, for the time being, let's cut through all the shit, and get to the reason- well, reasons, why I'm here. We may want a bit of privacy, though." He added, jerking at the official, still looking him over suspiciously.

"Come to my office. No one ever shows up there, I have a private car waiting out there. Driver can't hear us, but he can see us. I doubt he can read lips anyway." His old friend replied. Zhelir nodded and followed him to the car.

A brief, wordless ride later, and they were at the building in which Sinful's office lay. Zhelir followed him all the way into the office itself, and took a seat across from his desk.

"Alright," he began, gazing in slight amusement around the room, "First, I'm sure you've noticed the change in tide that's been going on. Milliardo gets a mobile suit, that's a threatening enough move. Then he runs for the leader of ESUN unapposed. No one went against him, that tells me somethin's up. Then, to top it off, he makes this broadcast on Earth about using Mobile Suits to save their lives, some bullshit like that. I'm no rocket scientist, man, but I can put two and two together well enough. I smell war, so should that be the case, I've come here to enlist with whatever force you have." He rounded off, gazing at his comrade for a response.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:19 pm

His eyes would wander towards the desk nearby him, concealed through the darkness of the hood that he wore along with the trenchcoat. He pondered for a few moments before bringing his gaze back towards Zhelir.
"Until these elections are over, I have no absolute power. My opponent is rallying many votes and I may be delayed even further in the process of seizing power over space. To help solidify trustworthy control over the colonies, I want you to run for leadership of the L4 colony. I'm awaiting confirmation from a few other friends of mine to see if they are willing to rally against Earth in defense to their hostile actions. With you as leader of the L4 colony, you will be able to have more resources at your demand, legitimately. I'm assuming the large mobile suit the official was entering into the colony's system was a bit pricey. If I know you at all, you found a lucky break."
He went around his desk and opened the second drawer down on the right and began rummaging through papers. When he found the small group of papers that he was looking for, he pulled them out and pushed them across the table in Zhelir's direction.
"These will allow you access to any of the other colonies and give you free transportation to wherever you need to go. As of now, I can't give you access to military locations or government headquarters until I have full control over the colonies. If things don't go in my favor during these elections, I'm sure I can count on your help to...Rectify the wrong."

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:32 pm

"Heh, you know me, I'm always gettin' lucky breaks." Zhelir replied, a peevish grin spreading across his face.

"I'll run for L4, though I can't guarantee I'll succeed; can't say I'm one for swaying the masses." He added, and finished off, "And don't worry. Should you fail in the election, I've still got your back. And I pitty the winner."

Zhelir rose to his feet and collected the papers. "I suppose I'll be off to L4, then. Never too late to make my appearence. I just gotta make a quick stop along the way." He strolled through the door to the office with a wave over his shoulder.

Half an hour later, Zhelir exited the weapons shop with a sizeable duffel bag slung over his left shoulder. He rummaged through the papers his friend had given him, and gave a low whistle. "Public shuttle, with cargo bay. Bastard probably already knows the platform I'm gunna be runnin' on."

Zhelir lit up a cigarette as he made his way back into Bay 6. The shuttle was docked in the same bay, thankfully. He gazed around for a moment, before spotting the official that had spoken to him outside his ship earlier.

"Hey, shitbrick. Load the Mercurius into that shuttle-" he pointed from his own suit to the shuttle "- and tell the pilot that I need to get to L4 in a hurry."

With that, he climbed aboard the shuttle, not far removed from the entrance to the bay, and dropped into a seat near the rear. "Legitimate business, eh? This'll take some getting used to..."

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:07 am

He returned the wave to Zhelir as he left. Within the shadows of his hood he would give a light smirk as he thought to himself, "I'll make sure you win..."
After Zhelir had left, he returned to his office work as he made arrangements for the great events he had planned for the near future.
Last edited by SinfulSoul on Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:00 pm

The shuttle had barely set out from the bay when the com singal went off.

Zhelir checked his cell, first, though he knew it wasn't that, the signal wasn't right. He peered around the cabin for a moment before the sudden realisation struck him. He jerked the ancient relic from the inside of his jacket, and sure enough, it was active.

Zhelir stepped into the pilot's region of the craft. "New orders, chief. Turn this thing around, NOW. I need to get back to the colony."

If the pilot had any questions, he didn't ask them. Zhelir knew he needfed to go check with Sinful, see if his old com was reacting the same way his was.

And so, not more than 20 minutes later, he found himself sprinting from the depths of the shuttle, through the hanger, and into the colony streets. He hailed a cab, and gave him the address.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:27 pm

Zhelir sat in the back of another private car, his trip back to the shuttle bay far less panicky than it was from. He was glad to have another ally - especially one working running for another colony, and ESPECIALLY one that happened to be Derek's son.

Zhelir departed the car at Bay 6, heading once more for the shuttle. He intended to make his campaign announcement soon, so he would ready himself on board the shuttle.

He climbed into the shuttle, observing through one of windows into the cargo hold of the shuttle, he saw that his beloved Mercurius was still stored in it. He ordered the pilot to launch. After that, he proceeded into the cargo hold, and entered Mercurius, lying on its back on the cold steel floor.

Once within, he lay back in the seat, relaxing his muscles as best he could, but the lowered position was quickly giving him a headrush. Kicking on the comm systems, Zhelir sent a short range message to the cockpit.

"Kill the artificial gravity in the 'hold, will ya?"

A moment or two later, his body lifted off the seat slightly, and the blood in his body redistributed itself. Satisfied, Zhelir tore open the duffel bag and removed its contents. Two .45 ACPs, a Mark VII Desert Eagle, a Mark XIX Desert Ealge, and a Barret .50. He strapped the ACPs to either side of his torso, set slightly back so as not to get in the way of his arms. He then strapped the Mark VII to his right hip and his Mark XIX to his right hip. He let the Barret float in the cockpit, as he had no holster for it. He smiled as he set the alarm within the Mobile Suit, to wake him when they were nearing the colony. His thoughts drifted to what he would say when he arrived, as he slowly dozed off.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.