Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

~ Cities of Ruin ~

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:13 am

Harris returned the nod to the aged mage. "I agree, it isn't exactly safe" Or at least that is what he was going to say, but in his silent observance of the fog, keeping his ears open for sounds of an assault, he was late in his reply.

The rather headstrong princess had already made her decision, an so Harris would follow. He did, however, wonder exactly why the princess wanted control of Argolia. It made no sense to the giant man.

He did know however, that it was not his place at all to question the royalty nor their decisions. And he had promised to ensure her safety, and that was a duty he would uphold, regardless of the danger that the young woman would take him into.

"Let us then proceed, princess. I would much rather not have to deal with that Experticella again. He seems to press against my nerves."

He voiced his opinion with no regard for the people he was with. He was entitled to his opinion and voiced it openly in all situations.

Unfortunately for Harris, and with a rather loud growl he saw Blade come towards them through the fog. He knew that he would be stuck with the fool. But, out here on the battlefield, Harris would take no orders and would keep to his oath to the princess.

As the soldier came forth on his steed, Harris curtly inclined his head, and spoke in his booming voice, although he knew he wouldn't be heard by the enemy.

"If you are coming with us, take haste, we travel to Argolia this moment. If not, then leave us, and do not give our position away."

He set down his conditions plainly and with no room for argument. He turned once more to the princess, "Let's go" A slight nodding of his head towards Khan made it clear that he was laso speaking to the mage.

With that, Harris began to walk in the direction that the princess had indicated, and with his axe in hand, he was willing to cut his way through the entire Dark Army in order to keep the princess safe.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Lord Saladin
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:42 am

~ Esca Styles ~

Esca brushed her hair out of her face as she held tight to the reigns with her left hand. She knew she looked tired, and she as well felt tired. She patted her horse Zephyr on the side of the nexk very gently as he tilted his head down.

"We need to get farther and find some where safe to rest for a while. We are all going to get tired." Esca said as she looked at Harris.

"Harris, your a good man. So, what made you decide to help us out? Aside from the fact I pointed out you are a good man. I know there has to be something motivating you."

Esca stared at the ground a bit as they walked on. It had ben atleast an hour since they had left her kingdom. She wondered if they would be alright. She knew the KIngdom could hold out for a week atleast.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Esca Styles
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:36 pm

Khan nodded as Blade arrived at them. He was actually hopping to be gone before the soldier had arrived. He was a good leader and that is exactly what the city needed in their absence, but he was also a good ally. The city had many of men with the capacity to lead. It would be fine for the time being.

He nodded to himself before turning Inferno in the direction of Argolia.

"We need to make haste...before the Dark Forces realize...we are trying to sneak around behind them."
Khan knew in the back of his mind they would be regrouping in this general area any minute now. He needed to get this band of misfits on it's way if they were to survive.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bouncingcrow on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:49 am

(OOC: I wanna join!)

Name: Mandala
Age: 27
Race: Half Elf
Status: Mage
Kingdom: Unknown
Appearance: Mandala is fair-skinned with slightly pointed ears and a long, soft face. Her hair is almost white, light even for her race, bordering on brown, and falls to her shoulder blades. Her eyes are a light green, large and distant. She seems always to be looking at things that are not there. She seems frail, thin and short. She wears a black dress, a simple cut, not clingy and not too loose. Her arms are bare, showing off strange and exotic markings all the way to her fingertips. She wears boots, but often goes barefoot. Around her neck is a silver chain with a strange symbol on it (imagine a Euthanatos and Entropy symbol together). She also wears two poison rings, one on each hand, and a silver charm bracelet.
Weapons: A bow and quiver of arrows
Biography: Mandala awoke on the beach, and that's all she knows. She does not remember where she was born, who her parents were, or how she got here. All she knows is that since she has been here, she has been increasing in magical strength. She is not unkind, but she is not overly friendly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
bouncingcrow
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bouncingcrow on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:55 am

Mandala stepped around the tree, her eyes distant as ever, but more focused than usual. Focused on the group that had just ridden past. She tilted her head slightly, confused at the recent commotion going on. She debated whether or not to say anything to these strangers. Usually, she was met with disdain, not being quite...what was that word? Oh yes, normal.

*SNAP*

Mandala cursed herself silently for being so careless. She looked down at the twig, her culprit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
bouncingcrow
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:16 pm

~ Esca Styles ~

Esca heard a sound. She stopped her horse and turned her head back to look. Right there within the bushes there was a girl.

"Wh-What the?" Esca jumped off her horse running over to the bush.

"Silly girl! There's a war going on, and your lurking around in bushes!? What's the matter with you?" Esca said as she placed a hand on her hip and tilted her head to the side staring at this girl.

"Unless.... Your with the dark army... So, that would mean, your spying on us?! Tsk tsk. You better speak up. My words are kinder then my sword fighting skills are." Esca looked at the girl with an amused smile upon her face.

(How starnge.... She's an elf?! Thats.... Quite strange to see them in these parts... This must mean she is capable of spells... Better watch what we do and say around this one.)

Esca circled the girl and studied her. She was quite intrigued as to what an elf was doing in these parts.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Esca Styles
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bouncingcrow on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:32 am

Mandala looked at Esca curiously. She tilted her head in a similar manner, mentally worked through what was said, and placed her words in a coherent sentence...

"I'm sorry to have frightened you. I am only traveling until I find a new home."

Her distant eyes stared at Esca, trying to determine whether or not she should run.

"War? Such an ugly word."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
bouncingcrow
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:31 pm

Esca stared at her a bit. Turned to look at the others and looked back at the girl.

"A new home? Pray tell... What exactly happened to your home? Or... Should this be a better question? Where do you come from?" Esca said as she kneeled down to the girls level. She was interesting in learning more about the new comer. If at all, Esca would be more then happy to have another girl on the trip.

"How old are you? Do you fight at all? Well? Come on now. Speak up. You don't frighten me. I am never scared of anything except of letting people down." Esca said smiling.
"You seem like a nice girl. You should not be wandering around out here all by your lonesome."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Esca Styles
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bouncingcrow on Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:25 am

Mandala peered at Esca, her mind toiling over what to tell her.

"My name is Mandala. I don't know where I come from, other than I appeared on a coastline in this land. I do not know how old I am. I can shoot a bow and arrow, but I prefer not to unless provoked. I am not easily frightened, either."

She made a mental check of the questions she had answered, nodded to herself. Her lips spread into a small, weak smile as she looked at Esca. Her eyes peeked over her shoulder at the others, as well.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
bouncingcrow
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:24 pm

Esca turned to the others and waved and then smiled as politely as possible.

"I Pr- I mean, I am Esca Styles. Me and my companions are traveling to help the Argolians. I thought that you may have actually come from the Argolian kingdom. I guess I was way off." Esca cleared her throat and smiled. She thought for a moment, Pressing her finger to her lips a sif hushing someone.

"I've got it! Mandala! You can come with us. You can ride with me on my horse. He's a good boy. He won't toss us around or anything. So... How about it? You up for a little traveling and fighting? You never know when a great bow-woman can come in REAL handy!?!" Esca smiled and walked to her horse and patted his neck softly, and then climbed on as she waved tothe young woman to get on as well. Whether she wanted to or not.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
Esca Styles
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bouncingcrow on Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:40 am

Mandala's eyes squinted for a moment, obviously confused until she saw Esca climb onto the horse. She looked at the party, examined her situation, looked back at the town and shrugged.

"Okay."

She followed Esca's example and climbed, not exactly gracefully, onto the horse behind her capture?savior? The jury was still out.

((:p))

"Who is Argolia?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

User avatar
bouncingcrow
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.

 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest