Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

~ Cities of Ruin ~

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

~ Cities of Ruin ~

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:42 am

STORYLINE:

The year is 748 B.C. The world has been overrun by the Dark Army slowly. Some spots still existing in the light of the sun, others, they aren't so lucky. No one has seen the face of the Dark Armies Lord Kharlin, but they've heard horror stories beyond belief. However, due to the lack of trading now from some Kingdoms, Cerulea is now taking charge along side their enemy kingdom Trinity who is working to gain alliances with each other. With the help of others who have risen from the cities that have been left in ruin, there could still be a shimmer of hope for the world.

END STORYLINE

Ok, I know that seems a little vague people, but I am leaving the whole "Making up Cities" to you guys. Everyone is free to create in this RPG, hardly any restrictions, except, DON'T kill off someone else's character without their consent.

These are things I will ALLOW in the RPG for those of you with an imagination:
Elves, Warriors, Demons, Mages, Humans, Dwarves, Kings, Queens, Prince's, and Princesses and etc. (Ha! Bet you guys didn't see that coming.) BUT, please ask me if your not sure about a type of race you want.

As soon as you have created your character feel free to start role playing.

I KNOW! My RPG's are set up differently, but this is how I keep track of who all is in this RPG. I will be editing this post in the future to make a list of everyone who is in the RPG. Guys, once your in my RPG, I intend to keep going, and I WILL hunt you down. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (Cuz I am really Ryoko, but I screwed up on my first log in attempt... I have to have a parents consent it says and I am over 18 years old... Man, I screwed up.) Har! Enough of that. I also like to see these below: (ALSO: If you want to be the Dark Lord, feel free to, but I am not expecting anyone to be him. You create your own characters.)

Profile:

Name:
Kingdom: (If you are from any. Or you can list a City / Kingdom you are from.)
Appearance: http://www.northarc.com/images/vg-valkyrie/mf_vp.jpg
Weapons: Two jade handled daggers, and a long broad sword.
Biography: (I don't think I have to explain this... This is where you tell us about your character.)

Her is my Profile.

Name: Esca Styles
Race: Human
Kingdom: Cerulean Kingdom
Appearance: (Coming Soon)
Weapons: Two Daggers with Jade Handles left by her real mother for her. She can pack a punch and a kick.
Biography: Was adopted by the king of Cerulea. She is a well known throughout the kingdom and is expected to take the thrown after the king passes. She is a nice lady, but as well can be a brat sometimes and very harsh. She is not afraid to tell the truth.
Last edited by Esca Styles on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am here, you just don't see me.
I am the cold that makes your hair stand straight up.
I am that haunting voice you hear late at night while your trying to sleep.
I am the wind that sweeps you swiftly off your feet.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:13 pm

Name: Khan (Sur name unknown)

Kingdom: Deloria

Appearance: Long grey hair, down to his shoulder blades. A long matching beard down to his chest. He always wears a long black cloak, usual with the hood up. A flame runs up the left sleeve to the elbow, and a matching ones runs up the left side of the hood. He has the face of an aged man with piercing blues eyes.

Weapons: A four foot staff with a circle on the top. A red jewel sits inside.

Biography: Khan's father was a fire mage. As was his grandfather, and his grandfathers father etc. He began his training in magic at the age of 12 like every other. He did not stand out. He was an average mage, but was always asking questions. He then grew to be a wise mage and eventual became King Gahal of Deloria's Councilor at the age of 50. When the King died Khan became a drifter, still loyal to his home of Deloria, and returning from time to time to make sure the City is still intact.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:31 pm

OOC: This will be the start of the RPG now. More people can join as it goes along.

IC:

~ Esca Styles ~

Slowly but surely, a young girl makes her way down a long and narrow hallway. By both her sides, she is accompanied by two maids. On her left side, with short brown hair and piercing green eyes is Sara, and to her right side, with long black hair put up in to a bun but is as well long when not in a bun, she has soft hazel eyes, her name being Nimbia. Both women were to accompany the young girl dressed in a bright blue dress, with white trim; her long hair put up.

"My lady, what shall we tell your father tonight when he asks of your whereabouts? He isn't going to believe you are in bed again. In fact, he may go straight up to your room and check on you himself." Nimbia stared straight ahead not looking at the princess, or Sara.

The young girl smiled softly as she looked over at Nimbia and stopped. "Well, for starters, you can tell my father I am out in the gardens, or else I am out gallabanting around the country side looking for a fight.... In any case, I will leave the lie, or in fact the truth p to you." Esca said, now looking straight ahead and wlaking faster to tease the others who were not amused as they had to walk faster now.

"You may leave me be. Go and take care of your other chores. I will be fine all by myself. I do this every day, remember." Esca said as she laughed running ahead of the two girls who just stopped walking and shouted after Esca. But she ignored the two women as they shouted.

Bursting through her chamber doors, she slammed them shut and made her way to the window staring down towards the floor to get a good look at the Palace walls.
"Hmmm.... Tonight will be particularily tricky since guards have been trooping the grounds like med-men.... I have to go and see Cyprus... The old fool. He promised he would teach me a thing or two about knowing my friends and enemies. Mages are funny some times.... But then again, so are dwarves...."

Esca quickly slippe dout of her clothing and in to her street clothes. She had plenty of street clothes, and very well hidden from any chamber maids eyes. She was careful about who she talked to and how she got around without being caught. She knew little of why the King wa sover protective over some girl who isn't even his true daughter, but in fact an adopted daughter. None the less, Esca loved the king as well as the queen as much as real parents.

"Tonight, there will be a big change... My father is meeting with Trinity Kingdom as well as Deloria, Altamira, and Sensara Kingdoms as well. This should be interesting, and none the less eventful. I do not plan to be here the whole time... I will be back... I have to come back.... Father will harm me to no end..." Esca looked in to the mirror at herself. She felt horrible for the lies and deception she led every day, especially with the help of those who are suppose to be guarding her.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:16 pm

The only thing that was heard throughout the field was the subtle clop of the horse's hooves. It was a nice breezy day as Khan and his one horse cart slowly trotted along the path towards Cerulea.

The magician just sat back with one leg up as he gently held the reigns in his right fist. His left hand gently cupped his hand crafted pipe as he smoked it casually. That pipe meant a lot to him. It was something that was given to him by a man some years ago in exchange to entertain his son on his twelfth birthday. A special year to Khan.

He closed his eyes as he took another puff of the imported tobacco. He couldn't help but smile to himself. What a perfect day.

As the cart pulled further into the city people glanced up at him casually. Some sheltered their children, others, those who knew Khan smiled and waved.

He didn't have the normal temper of a Flame Mage, but the mark on his sleeve and on his hood signaled him of that decent. Ah Stereotypes. How he hated them.

Khan shook it off with another mouthful of smoke as the wagon pulled up to the castle gates. He looked off to the side at one of the guards and spoke hesitantly.

"Uh....Fire Magician Khan here to see the Queen. It seems she...uh...ordered some fireworks."

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:21 pm

~ Esca Styles ~

Esca crept slowly down the hallway towards the main hall where guests would be arriving in about 2 hours or so to meet with the king. She smiled to herself and then ran up along the wall and pushed the big wooden door to the right side of the wall open coming out along a small what seemed to be an outside corridor of the castle. She leaned over the side and laughed as she then stepped back and then hopped up and over the side of the small wall and landed on the ground.

"Perfect." She said brushing her hair back out of her face as she made her way through some tree sin the side court yard of the palace. Or, atleast part of the court yard.

Esca walked towards the gate as she then pulled her hood up over her head and then cleared her throat, as one of the men turned and gave her a funny look.

"Again Princess? This is not going to go over with your father if-" He was then cut off by Esca as she waved her hand infront of his face.

"Its not going to go go over well IF he finds out I have been sneaking about speaking to those outside of the palace wall, and of course mingling with the city folk. I wonder... How would he find out? I would tell him? I get caught by mistake? Or else some jit opens his mouth by accident and the wrong person hears him?" Esca smiled. "You know I plan this out so that no one can find out, or know other wise about me sneaking about. Now then, be a good boy, open the door." Esca laughed and the man looked at her then shook his head as he made a motion to open the door up along side of the gate. Esca stepped past him then stepped outside the gate and waved to the man as he shut the door.

"Uh....Fire Magician Khan here to see the Queen. It seems she...uh...ordered some fireworks." A voice sounded as Esca was fixing her hood. She happened to look over. The guard was speaking to a man with a horse drawn cart. Esca didn't recognize him but she knew her mother had actually sent out for some fireworks, for God knows what purpose these will serve.

"Ah yes..." Esca said as she approached the two men. The guard looking a bit cautious of the man but as well noticing Esca as well. "Let him pass. The QUEEN DID send out for fireworks. She will be extremely put out if you do not let him pass." The guard stared at Esca as she stared right back at him from underneath her hood.

"Is there a reason YOU are outside of the gates YET again? Do you want to give your father a heart attack?". The guard sounded some what aggrivated as Esca smirked then stared at the guy with the cart.

"Don't worry about him. He's a big teddy bear! He won't do anything. He just asks a bunch of boring questions. I can however speed up the process!" Esca turned and pounded on the wooden door she came out of. The man on the other side opened the door and Esca motioned him to open the gate up for the man with the cart.

The gate was now being opened and Esca was quite pleased with herself. "Don't fret boys! I'll be back shortly. I only plan on making a few errands. Its all good and fun." Esca waved good-bye to the stranger as well as she now progressed down the side street pulling her hood more and more up over her head so she wouldn't be noticed.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:11 pm

The elderly mage waved back. When she was out of sight he cracked the rains to Inferno, his horse and he started off toward the castle. Khan was busy muttering to himself like an old fool.
"What pleasant girl..."
The cart pulled casually up to the massive doors of the castle and Khan cocked his head to the side and looked at the guard.
"Why don't you pull your cart up next to the stables and put the horse in one?"
The guard spoke with a snooty tone. Khan didn't mind. He started Inferno off towards the rear of the building, also not minding that he wasn't given a stable boy.

The cart slowly pulled up next to the stable and he unhitched Inferno's bridle and led the horse with a wave of his finger into an empty stable. Khan bent over to the horses face as he brushed his back. He smiled at him and fed him a carrot.

"I'll be back soon friend."
When he looked up there was a stable boy standing there with a brush.
"Take very special care of Inferno here. For he is my best friend."
The boy nodded and Khan dropped a bag of coins in his hands.
"Double that when I return if he's been fed and brushed. Gentley."
The boy smiled gently and nodded at Khan, still playing the incompetent.

He softly made his way into the castle pulling off his hood and approaching the Throne room.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:17 am

Esca made her way down a side street, that wasn't all to crowded compared to the main road that ran straight from the castle the whole way to the cities front gates of which foreigners from distant lands arrived.

She smiled softly at all the passerbyers as well as pulling her hood up over her head so that no one would notice who she really was.
Though, careful not to bump arms with anyone and start a fight, she was interested to really see who the cities finest really was.

Soon, after approaching the front of what seemed to be a very small stone building with a tiny bustling business inside of it, she grinned, and marched up the small wobbly wooden stairs that were attached to the front of the building.
Slowly opening the door she stepped inside and looked around. There were more people then she really thought there would be at this time of the day.

"E-ESCA?! No, that's not Esca, that's Honey!" a short chubby man who seemed to be balding, but you could still see the small black fuzzes on the top of his head. "How is it going Honey? I hope all is going well at the home?", he said being careful of what he said around the customers. People were starting to stare already. Esca pushed the short man to the side.

"Franco.... Where is Gerard? I have to talk to him immediately concerning some of the parties coming to the castle tonight. I am sure one in particular may interest him." Esca said as Franco pointed to a wooden door.

"Whats this matter of urgency, missy? We have to talk in hushed voices." Franco said, as if trying to protect her from the prying eyes about them.

"I have no time to waste. I have to go get ready soon and I have to talk to him. I am sure he will tell you if you ask him." Esca said pushing past Franco to open the wooden door and then stepping inside to see Gerard sitting at a table. He was reading a scroll, most likely written in Latin. He was a well known mage in the kingdom. One of the only black mages that Esca knew who actually did some good, rather then some bad. He was about 28 years old. Not to bad looking for an old guy. He had black hair as well that was very long but pulled back by a hair tie. His eyes were actually a dark green and he was pale skinned mostly. Perhaps a bit of a small tan around his arms. But still, not to shabby. He was also one of Esca's best friends, and he was always kind to her. They met when Esca was 8 years old. She had fallen in the garden running away from her maids who wanted to give her a bath. He picked her up and hid her from the maids. Sooner or later Gerard had finally convinced her that she had to get a bath, no matter what. Or the dirt would swallow her hole, and no one would be able to find her.

"Hello Esca. How can I help you today young lady? Is there somehing in particular that you need to tell me?" Gerard said as Esca stared at him with little expression on her face.

"Well, I thought I'd stop by just to let you know that I believe Trinity Kingdom will be having some guests with them... Black Mages. I heard from my maid Tjuya who has some connections with the kingdom found out that they are in allegiance with the Dark Army. But... They supposedly are good mages now. Just thought you may want to come by as my guest?". Esca smiled as she laid a paper down on the desk top of Gerard and looked at him winking. "Your invitation."

Esca turned and walked towards the door twisting the knob. As she got ready to walk outside she heard Gerard clear his throat. She turned towards him, looking at his face. He had a sadness in it.

"This world is becoming more and more twisted, each and every day," he said as he stared down at the piece of paper picking it up and looking it over.
"I will be there as your guest Esca."

Esca smiled, turned and walked out.

"I have a few tricks up my sleeve... So don't worry Gerard. Not everyone is as honest as we are." Esca talked to herself walking out of the building.

~ Fifteen minutes Later ~

Esca strolled up to the gate. The men gave her a funny look and waved her by as she walked in and smiled at the blond boy who was now guarding the gate.

"New boys.... They are so fun to make fun of."

Esca strolled up the front lawn and up the stair well on the outside part of the palace that connected to the main lobby. As soon as she got inside, she shut the door and leaned against the wall. She let out a sigh and then a whimper.

"This is going to be a long night."

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:54 pm

Khan was just making his way out of the Throne room as Esca had re-entered the castle. He still had not put the face to the name. It had been years upon years since he had seen her, then again maybe it was Ecka of Hailfin that he gave fireworks to upon her third birthday. His memory was starting to fade. At any case Khan had not yet realized the importance of the young woman that had passed him a few times.

He couldn't help but stroke his grey beard as they crossed each other. He was on his way back to his cart to ensure everything would go just as planned for this evening.

Peace fireworks. His council was also asked to be at the discussion upon war efforts. He had cautiously agreed, but that was another worry for another time.

The old Mage hobbled out of the back of the castle back to his cart next to the stable Inferno was housed in. He let out a sigh as he pulled his old body up onto the tail of the wagon and picked up his pipe again.

Khan snapped his fingers and it was lit. He then looked over his shoulder at the large pile of tubes and other gadgets. It was going to be an interesting night.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:48 pm

Slapping the maids hand, Esca jerked away and ran across the room. She rubbed her head, for it was in seering pain and she hated having her hair done by anyone else but herself.

"I think I will wear my hair down tonight Becca. Thanks for the concern." Esca stared at the young lady as she swiftly lifted her hand and pointed to the door also an "Exit" for those she did not want in her room anymore.

"You will regret not letting me finish your hair Lady Esca. Your mother wants that pathetic glop of hair on your head up tonight for the meeting." Becca snickered and moved out the door letting it slem behind her.

Esca smiled as she grabbed a hair tie off the table top and walked towards the door opening it and then shutting it.
As she walked down the hallway, she struggled to put her hair up in to a bun, but finally achieved perfection with the bun. She smiled lightly and then ran to the Lobby where she would await the others to arrive. Greeting people were her favorite thing to do. Especially, awaiting the arrival of her friend Gerard, the dark mage.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:24 pm

When Khan was finished inspecting the fireworks he leaned back into the cart and decided to lay down slightly. He couldn't help but look up at the sun. It was beginning to get low in the sky. The old mage couldn't help but sigh.
"And...I just laid down."
He said to himself as he climbed easily back to his feet. The meeting was about to begin.

Khan looked himself over and made sure the attire under the cloak was appropriate for a meeting of such delegates. When he was certain he picked up his staff and started to limp into the castle. He decided to move with a limp to give himself the upper hand. People would underestimate him.

He relied heavily upon his cane as he made his way back into the castle. He was greeted by many of the people that worked there.

Khan continued on his way into the throne room and took his seat, where the fire mages would be seated.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:38 pm

Esca messed around with the hem of her dress. Becca, who had been frantically trying to help Esca get ready for the meeting stood with Esca outside of the big doors to the meting room, where there were already others seated and waiting. Esca finally sighed turned and walked to the doors entering inside as she stopped just a few feet away from the doors she just entered. Staring around the room, Esca's eyes were searching for Gerard. He obviously was not in the room yet. But Esca's gaze fell upon the other man, who she had helped get through the gates earlier. She sort of raised her eyebrow, but then it went down again as she walked forward sitting a few seats down from where the other man was sitting.

"Lady Esca, it has been such a long time. Please let me-" He was cut off.

"General Hassert. No thank you. I am perfectly capable of pulling in my own chair. And yes. It has been an extremely long time. Tell me... How is that lovely with of yours doing... What is her name. Lily-Rose?" Esca said smiling straight ahead to the man sitting across from her at the table.

"Why! Lady Esca. Lily-Rose is her name. Someone has gotten a bit more cocky through out the past few months. You better becareful. Others won't be as nice as me."

Esca smiled as she cleared her throat and still stared straight ahead. She however, looked down the table once to see the man who she was staring at earlier.

"Interesting... I wonder what a salesman is doing in a meeting full of fire mages, royalty, and soldiers..." Esca thought to herself as she stared at him. But really thought nothing of it.

"Honey!" Esca heard from behind her as she turned in her seat to see Gerard. He smiled at her and walked up pulling the chair out from her side and than sitting down to look right at her.
"So, when does this meeting start?"

Esca laughed.
"As soon as the fire mages get hear and my father enters the room."

They all sat quietly, because there was now heads turning towards the door way. Within the door way stood about 6 high class fire mages, each one dressed in dark black, red, and orange clothing.
They stood there for about a minute and then proceeded in to the room to take their seats.

Now, Esca began to feel uneasy, and as if she was getting others vibes, and feeling the same exact things that they were starting to feel.

Right after the mages took their seats, the King entered the room now, followed by two advisors, and four guards.

"Good evening. We are all gathered in this room today to discuss very important matters. Matters of which concern us all, and even those who are not here at all. Joining us is my daughter Esca. However, my other daughter, and my wife will not be joining us tonight. They have prior engagements." The King gestured towards Esca for her to stand up, but she just nodded her head. This made her father frown, and she knew he was upset with her now.

"As you all know. The Dark Army is growing stronger, and many nations have fallen under their power, crushing the life in the villages, until nothing is left to be salvaged. Now... It is time for us to fight back, and to show the Army that we are not to be messed with, and that they are not wanted here."

Esca made a fist as she listened to her father. Men were staring at her, and this made her feel un-easy.

"Look, you all can either stay or leave. Whether you want to fight or not, its your problem, not ours. We are a strong Kingdom, perfectly capable of bringing down a leader such as Lord Kharlin. The only problem is weeding th man out-" Esca was interrupted by laughter. Her other hand began to form a fist now as well. Anger building up now inside of her.

"Esca, please. I am capable of speaking to them." Her father said as her head turned towards him.

"Fine, you asked me to sit in. I am giving my opinion. I spoke. There for, its up to them to make the decision. I am just the persuader. However, I am curious to know how I am suppose to persuade those in his room who obviously their skulls run thicker then their brain actually does."

Esca stood up and stared at each and everyone of the men and then walked towards the door sopening them and then shutting them calmly behind her.

"Pathetic!" Esca said as she walked now down the hallway towards the Palace garden. 'I am suppose to be the future ruler of this kingdom... How am I suppose to be one if I am not permitted to speak?! Its ludacris." Esca said as she knelt down on the grass now, staring down at the dirt infront of her.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:06 am

Khan did nothing but sit back into his chair and listen to those speak until Esca was so rudely interrupted. This is when the old man began to stroke his beard and turn his attention back to the King.

Khan listened only for a few more moments before getting to his feet extremely quietly and following the Young Princess out into the garden.

He found her rather easily at his own pace and took a seat far enough behind her that she would not hear him. Khan then took out his old pipe and stuck it between his lips to have a smoke.

When Khan finally realized that she was looking at the dirt he decided to give her something interesting to look at. He pulled up his sleeve and flicked his wrist with his palm out.

A small stream of fire began to flow from his palm and it stopped in front of Esca where it began to dance a little, then form into the image of her in fifteen years, including her ceramonial robes and crown. This was Queen Esca. Defeater of the Dark Army. But she had no reason to know that now.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esca Styles on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:49 pm

Esca sat back as she watched it, raising an eye brow and then laughing a bit.

"Nice. I suppose." She turned in her seat and looked back to see the man she had helped get past the guards earlier. A small smile on her, face, a frown turned upside down for sure. She turned and looked back as she stared for a bit more at this amazing work of craftsmanship. If it could be called so. Maybe Magical craftymanship.

"I am curious. What is a business man who delivers fireworks doing sitting in on a meeting of great importance? I mean, you must be here for more then just delivering the fireworks, good sir?!"

Esca brushed a strand of hair out of her face that seeme dto have gotten loose. Esca looked up at a large window that could let anyone view in to the garden. She saw someone jump back. She knew at once it was her mother. But she paid no heed to the fact she was being spied on, even more so by her mother.

"You know... This is not really my family. I was raised by them. Not really certain where I come from, and whether or not I want to take on such a huge responisibility, such as taking care of this kingdom after my father passes. Rather harsh, am I right?" Esca said as she now took off her bracelets letting them fall to the ground, and breathing in deeply, and then releasing the deep breaths slowly, trying to stay calm.
"How can I be expected to rule, if I am not allowed to go outside the walls to see the people. How about not being able to talk at my own meetings, that I myself have arranged? Is this not right? Or am I just being to selfish?"

Esca laughed as she stared at the man. He looked familiar, but a mystery it may remain. Who really knows.

Esca Styles
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:51 am

Khan leaned back and began to stroke his beard as she asked him so many questions in sucession. He looked her over once or twice judging her age around nineteen. Her age would play a large factor in his answers. He nodded to himself before uttering a single word.
"To answer your first question young Esca, I am one of the eldar fire mages. Possibly the oldest in existance now. Our life span is not incredible, due to our fierce temper."
He smiled as the fire stopped. Thinking that after his demonstration that it would be perfectly obvious, but he had nothing against elaboration.
"To proceed to your second question, I do know much of it. As for your desire not to rule, you are still young. Youth should have no affect on your desire to create, or destroy, whatever you see fit. In a few years perhaps..."
Khan trailled off thinking to himself again. His hand was again stroking his beard. He couldn't choose whether he should explain the idea behind a monarchy to someone so young.
"Well, you see, the reason you cannot go past the gates is for fear of enemies. I would think that would be obvious to one of your intelligence. Safety. Nothing more. The reason you are not allowed to..."mingle" is the sole belief behind monarchy. You are raised to rule. To make difficult decision that will affect, not yourself, but a city or perhaps a country full of people. Those are sometimes difficult to make, they would be then complicated further with a personal relationship. How can you send a man that you have known for your entire life to wage war in your name knowing full well he might not come back?"

Gabriel Faile
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:32 pm

OOC: After reading this RP so far, I decided to join, as I feel it will be very interesting. So, here is the profile of my character:

Name: Harris Langfall
Kingdom: Jarra. in the kingdom of Cerulea
Appearance: Tall and muscular, he towers over many people, standing at a little over seven feet. his hair is shaved smooth to his scalp and he wears a small beard, dark in colour, it begins halfway down his cheeks. His eyes, deep green orbs, accented by bushy eyebrows of a dark colour. He wears trousers of a reddish colour, and large brown boots. On his top half, he wears leather armour, the only reason he wears this is so that he has somewhere to place his weaponary, due to the customisation of the armour, it has holding straps and loops for his weapons.
Weapons: A heavy, crescent bladed battle axe, the blade is balanced by a large conical spike, the handle, made of oak, is approximately 150cm long. He also carries two long, curved daggers, the hilts made of bleached ivery, moulded especially for him so that they fit his hands perfectly.
Biography: His parents were both killed during a Dark Army raid on the Village of Jarra, he was ten when this happened, so hasw a full memory of events. When he was left as an orphan, the people of his home village didn't help him as they felt he was old enough to look after himself. After years of travelling and training, he is the warrior that is now seen. He searches to avenge his parents now.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:44 pm

It had been a long journey south for Harris, it was close on one hundred leagues from the village of Jarra to the capital of Cerulea. Especially on foot.

However, as Harris first saw the walls of the City, sillouhetted behind the setting sun, he felt pride that he had completed the jouney in little over a week.

The heavy axe across his back felt comfortable as Harris walked towards the city. Sub-consciously, he lightly touched the cold steel of the mighty axe, the head of which was positioned to his left, protuding slighty behind his hip. Smiling he moved his hand back. Losing track of time as he walked, totally relaxed, he suddenly found himself at the gates to the city.

In the fourty five minutes it haden taken Harris to walk to the gates, the sun had set, leaving a dark sky, spotted with many stars. Obviously, at this point, the gates were closed. Bringing his large right hand into a fist, the heavily muscled, tall man knocked on the wood of the gate. His heavy hand creating loud thuds as three times he threw his fist on the gate.

"State your name and business" came a voice from within the gates of the city. Obviously an over efficient guard, Harris simply waited silently. Then after a few moments, he knocked once more on the heavy gates.

Harris heard a small metallic thud from behind the gate, knowing that a bolt was being unlocked, he awaited the impending peep hole to open. Sure enough, a moment or two later, the hole was opened, and Harris could see a young guard, it appeared toi Harris that the man had barely begun shaving more than once or twice a week. "Are you going to let me or not?" The voice of the large man somewhat bellowed as he spoke, more so than usual, as he intended to scare the young guard.

"State your name and business, and I will consider letting you in. These are dangerous times you see." The young guard spoke a little less confidently than before, and now offered an explantion for his request. Harris smiled slightly, more a smirk, not quite revealing his teeth. It appeared he had acheived the desired effect on the young man.

"That is true. And you are in danger of losing your job. Open the forsaken gate you fool. My name and business are of no concern to you, however your job is. If you want to keep it, you will open the gate NOW!" He spoke once more in a mighty bellow, and the final word was shouted, the booming voice of this man had apparently woken several birds which were in roost. At least, if the sudden cry of several sparrows, followed by their sudden appearance was anything to go by.

Only a moment later, Harris heard a slight creaking, and a small slash of light appeared as the gate began to slowly open. Not having time to wait, Harris pushed open the gate, giving him enough distance to step through with ease.

He disregarded the young guard instantly. Walking up the cobbled street with confidence, he didn't hear the timid protests of the guard.

As he walked, Harris noticed that the streets were empty, and a strange atmosphere filled the place. He silently wondered if anything of importance had happened here today. He had heard stories of the City, being told it was always bustling, even at night. Maybe he had been told wrong, however, the strange atmosphere was still present.

As he camr to a cross roads, he saw a small girl, or at least to him she was a girl, he thought she must have been around nineteen twenty years old. As he approached her he noticed the inappropriate clothes she was wearing, and was not surprised as he heard her say "Care for a good time, sir?" Slowly Harris shook his head, and taking the woman's hand with his right, turning it so the palm was facing upward, whilst placing two fingers into the small pouch at his waist. Pulling out a coin, not seeing nor caring what coin it was, he placed it into the young whore's hand, then wrapped his hand around her's causing it to close. "There, no need to work tonight. All I ask is the direction to castle."

The battered looking woman slowly opened her hand to see the coin, and her face turned pale, and her eyes opened in amazement, a small tear welling inside her eye, as she pointed in the direction in which Harris was already headed.

Without saying a word he continued his march towards the castle, his long muscular legs taking strides at a distance most men couldn't cover in two. He knew the whore he had given coin to would tell the truth, he saw honesty in her eye. As he eventually saw the walls of the castle, he looked for the gates.

Not wanting to go through the main gates, he found a small gate, which, it seemed was intended for use by merchants delivering supplies to the castle. As, once more he banged his mightly hands on the gate of the castle, he was met by the same response.

So, once more, he used the same technique of using his bellowing voice to scare the guard into action. Unfortunately, it wasn't as successful, and Harris found himself punshing the wood of the gate, creating sounds of snapping wood, although the gate was yet to breach due the power of the giant man's mighty hands and arms.

"You will let me in this gate NOW, or I shall break it down with my hands, and then break you, do you understand me? YOU WILL LET ME IN THIS INSTANT, YOU FOOL!" His voice was a bellow, louder even than he had made it when he entered the primary gates into the city.

Then he silently awaited, still beating the gate with his hands, the creaks getting louder with each blow from his mighty hands. He awaited for either the gate to open or for it to break.

He would see the King tonight, as intended, and nothing would stop him.
Last edited by LordSaladin on Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade Experticella on Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:43 pm

Here is my Profile.

Name: Blade Experticella
Kingdom: Cerulean Kingdom
Appearance:190 kilos
Weapons: A Great sword with a grip inlayed with three gems of different colors, each pulsating as if a purpose. Even the hilt that contains the sword has been engraved a complex design into it. On the left leg is strapped a scalloped stlyed dagger with three smaller gems embedded in its handle as the great sword is.
Biography: Guards the king of Cerulea, and manages the castle and surrounding area.The Dark War has led Blade to this position through many incounters with the evil and feels he owes The king his life for the fact the king saved his family years ago.

Blade Experticella
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade Experticella on Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:36 pm

This is the day of the meeting of the King and the others !

This was my first thought as I woke that day to start the process so that all would go well and no surprises would happen. But deep in my mind I knew it would not go as easily as I was hoping.

From the chair that I fell asleep in last night staging the details of the castle's appointments in the morning I glance around the room that I call home. At once I see one of the crystals on my sword was glowing brighter then normal. which meant some sort of danger was afoot. But alas the glow has always been brighter lately.

Hearing some shouting fron the gardens I looked down from the window and hear the princess dismissing the maids, and then run off. Knowing how the princess Esca liked to be free of the confinements of the castle, figuring she would be gone for a while on another run into the village. She is very sly so I was not worried she would get into any trouble, only the Dark army would stay away.

The day continued and finally the guests arrived and were seated in the throne room. Every thing was going as planned, and the Dark Army was not known to be in the area. Suddenly while on my rounds checking that the guards were doing thir jobs a large commotion was coming from the side gate. Running to the source, a loud bellowing was coming from the merchants entry door. Approching closer to the door I noticed the the door itself was starting to splinter and what sounded like a madman on the other side shouting to let him in or else! Pulling my sword I Exclaim loudly "State your buisiness!"
Last edited by Blade Experticella on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Blade Experticella
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:03 am

As Harris continued bashing against the door, he was somewhat calm in his silence. The rythmic pounding the fists of the more than seven foot tall juggernaught created, somewhat relaxed the man.

He barely hear the sound of the man through the gate, as he finally split the wood to the gate. After two more strikes against the gate, those mighty hands had created a considerable hole in the gate. Revealing a man with his sword drawn.

The man asked the same question as all previous guards, except this time, he seemed somewhat more superior than the rookies Harris had dealt with so far. However superior this new guard looked, however, Harris would not be stopped in acheiving his goal tonight.

"My business is my own, I will see the King tonight, take me to him, or I will find my own way" As though to fit his own words, he took a heavy boot to the middle of the gate, kicking it open fully wide. Taking a step into the courtyard, he took his heavy, crescent bladed axe from the loop on the back of his leather armour, swinging it over his head and across his body, his grip on the very end of the heavy oak handle with his right hand..

As the axe flew across his body, Harris caught the handle further up with his left hand. In doing so, the large conical spike which acted as a counter weight to the heavy blade was ponted directly at the more experienced guard.

"The decision is yours. I mean the king no harm, but I would be able to crush you like a bug, friend. Take me, or let me pass, they are your options."

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blade Experticella on Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:15 pm

Suddenly the wooden door gave way and I looked upon a hugh man standing a foot taller then myself. He shoved his axe high in the air as if it weighed nothing at ready to strike at me then bellowed out loudly "The decision is yours. I mean the king no harm, but I would be able to crush you like a bug, friend. Take me, or let me pass, they are your options."
I examined the man quickly and decided that he was indeed a warrior with much experience with the axe and some purpose that seemed to him was important enough to attempt to invade the castles quarters without the proper channels being invested.

Out of the corner of my eye I then saw the guard that was supposed to be garding this gate, hiding behind a small water fountain. They are all so young and inexperienced, the guards were, and everysince all of my elite guards were enlisted into the kings army that was all that was available. My hand insticntively rubbed the middle gem of my sword, I felt the familar power surging through my body from the energy of the gem.

I moved forward a step "I Believe you are ernest to meet with the King, and perhaps with good reason. But the way you are attempting this is intolerable. I have a choice for you sir.. lower your weapon, and be escorted to the kings waiting room and exclaim your reason to see the King... OR.... I will have to take you into the Kings custody untill the king will see you in his court! Believe me, you would not want to sit in the castle prison for a week waiting!
It is your choice now.. please 'friend' as you call yourself, do the wise thing and you will get further with your request!"

As my last words were spoken a dozen or more guards, attracted by the commotion, ran into the court yard drawing their swords, eagerly looking for a fight! "Stay back!" I commanded them, "I have this matter under control!"

Turning back to the hugh man still at ready with his axe and asked again, "Will you lower your axe and be escorted to the kings waiting room?"
Last edited by Blade Experticella on Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blade Experticella
Member for 18 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!