Announcements: Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Universe of the Week! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Week Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

Claiming the Chat

a topic in Forum Games, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Fun games to pass the time!

Claiming the Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gravis on Sat May 14, 2011 6:06 am

So, since it's been happening more frequently, it is being formalised!

The rules are simple:

1) Chat must have been silent for a period of at least 10 minutes.
2) Screencaps must be posted, featuring the period of silence and the claim.
3) You must make the post in the chat, in the form of "/me claims the chat for <group>" (or something similar)

EDIT: For clarity, activity by yourself and the Forum Announcer does not count as breaking the 10 minutes of silence.

So, to get started:

The chat now belongs to the People!

-Gravis
Last edited by Gravis on Fri May 20, 2011 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gravis
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Claiming the Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat May 14, 2011 6:09 am

That so does not count. The site was down for maintenance and chat was frozen. Cheat!
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Prose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sat May 14, 2011 6:26 am

Prose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Sun May 15, 2011 1:48 pm

The informal version of the game had been running with a 5-minute latency period, but this is an improvement.

Jag
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pseudosyne on Sun May 15, 2011 3:01 pm

It's about time something came along that capitalized on chat users being boring and silent.

Pseudosyne
Scholar
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gravis on Tue May 17, 2011 6:15 am

And here's my reclaim - sorry, Prose, I didn't even cheat this time.

Although I took long enough to post it that a counter-claim should be along shortly...

Gravis
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Tue May 17, 2011 6:37 am

Her influence spreads >:)
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Symphony on Tue May 17, 2011 2:20 pm

. . . Oh yeah! >:D

Symphony
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Tue May 17, 2011 3:51 pm

.. :)

Peak time with lag, I'll grant, but I'm still totally awesome and winning!
Image Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Tue May 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Where are the timestamps for most of these?

Jag
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Tue May 17, 2011 7:25 pm

you have to click to view the image, because the image is too large for the forums and the side is getting cropped. Some of us manually cropped/resized them so that wouldn't happen.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed May 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Jag
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Symphony on Fri May 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Symphony
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gravis on Sat May 21, 2011 6:38 am

Here we go again...

I could say who it was for, but you have insufficient clearance.

Gravis
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XavierDantius32 on Sat May 21, 2011 10:07 am

Hahahahahaaha
Jack my swag
Last edited by XavierDantius32 on Sat May 21, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

XavierDantius32
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat May 21, 2011 10:10 am

I see no picture. This claim is invalid. Fix it! I can't rule the chat through you if your claim is faulty!

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XavierDantius32 on Sat May 21, 2011 10:12 am

Harhar, Claim substantiated

XavierDantius32
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat May 21, 2011 3:17 pm

;)

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Mon May 23, 2011 6:41 am

I claimed it! It's mine! Mine I say! *mounts guns and arms defenses*

Yay!
Patcharoo says: She's the squishiest in the game...

DemiKara
Member for 11 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Thu May 26, 2011 1:53 am

Whoohoo the Chocolate Muffins!

EDIT:And if you're asking, the '/exigen' 's were to check how long until I could claim.
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!