Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Greenwoods Prep

Classes

a part of “Greenwoods Prep”, a fictional universe by WindOnFire.

Welcome to Greenwoods Prep, a school where promising students learn to defend humanity from demons. When drama and romance enfold a group of students, it only gets better...or worse.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Greenwoods Prep”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Classes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WindOnFire on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:20 pm

Here's the class schedule for the different grades. All playable characters in the same grade will have the same schedule. Each class will be an hour long, with an hour-long period for lunch that all grades have at the same time. There are two elective classes in the schedule, one for an arts class and one for a language class. Languages will include Spanish, French, and German. If you really want a different language, feel free to try and convince me. The language classes have four levels, that you're placed in based on skill. Thus, the class can have a mix of grades in it.

Here's the schedule:

First Years:
Breakfast
English
Martial Arts 1: Introduction to several forms of martial arts
Art elective: Band, choir, orchestra, drawing, painting, or sculpture
Lunch
Phy-ed 1: Goes over yoga, weight lifting, aerobics, getting students in shape
Biology
Language elective
Dinner

Second Years:
Breakfast
Math
Martial Arts 2: More in-depth studies
Art Elective: Band, choir, orchestra, drawing, painting, or sculpture
Lunch
Phy-ed 2: Daily training
Into to healing (basically, a medicine class)
Language elective
Dinner

3rd Years:
Breakfast
History
Martial Arts 3
Art Elective: Band, choir, orchestra, drawing, painting, or sculpture
Lunch
Phy-ed 3: Daily training
Healing 2
Language elective
Dinner

After classes, there are club activities. Every student is required to join at least one club. Clubs include musical groups, sports teams, martial arts groups, study groups, and basically any club you can imagine and convince me is a good idea (not a hard task). Not all clubs meet daily, but they all meet at least twice a week. First years are given one month to bum around and try out different clubs before making a formal decision.

Post your schedule here, with your character's name. Include electives, and what level language class your student is in. Also toss out any clubs that you think would be interesting.

EDIT: There are sports teams at Greenwoods Prep (thanks, Hallowed, for pointing that out) though they don't play against other schools, just against themselves. There would be games fairly often, that are pretty big at the school and attended by a majority of students. Besides normal sports, like basketball and football, there can also be more obscure sports like archery (yay!). Joining a sports team is encouraged, though not mandatory. Include any sports your character plays!

(Note: schedules can easily be changed if someone thinks of something cooler than what I have. Input is welcomed.)
Last edited by WindOnFire on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WindOnFire
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Classes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WindOnFire on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:23 pm

Arianna George:

Edit: lol, I just realized I copied the 2nd year schedule instead of the third year schedule...serves me right for multitasking!

2nd year schedule:
Breakfast
History
Martial Arts 3
Art Elective: drawing
Lunch
Phy-ed 3
Healing 2
Language elective: German 3
Dinner

I'm probably going to place her in a martial arts club...not sure what yet, though. She'll also be on the archery and cross country teams.
Last edited by WindOnFire on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WindOnFire
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallowed777 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:58 pm

Rose Striker:

Breakfast
English
Martial Arts 1
Art elective: Band
Lunch
Phy-ed 1
Biology
Language: Latin 1
Dinner

Clubs: Most likely the Music and Study Club
Sports: Softball
Question: Could for the language could there be like Latin? Also what about Sports? Stuff that people might want to do. Football? Baseball? Basketball? Stuff like that, things that could keep the students from like wandering around the school for a little while also something that lets the students feel like they are in a "normal" school.
Last edited by Hallowed777 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hallowed777
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WindOnFire on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Yes, sports groups would most definitely be encouraged, so if you'd like to be in one, go ahead and post that, too.

I was going to say no to Latin, but after thinking it over, I think that it actually makes sense. The Guardians have roots in religion waaaay back in the day, and since Latin would have been used then, it would be sort of part of their heritage. Does that make sense? So I will okay the Latin.

WindOnFire
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallowed777 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Exactly that makes sense. Just wanted to make sure it was okay with you before I decided.

Hallowed777
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Totoro on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:54 pm

Quinton 2nd Year:

Breakfast
Math
Martial Arts 2
Art Elective: Drawing
Lunch
Phy-ed 2
Medicine
French 1
Dinner

Team Sports: Basketball & Track
Last edited by Totoro on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Totoro
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caille on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:11 am

Evangeline Bradshaw: (she's almost done just history left)

Second Years: Clubs: Basketball and volleyball.
Breakfast
Math
Art Elective: Orchestra
Lunch
German 2
Dinner

Caille
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Greeter World Builder Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chelchel_rose on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:05 am

I sent in my character sheet, and just thought I'd jump the gun and put these up here following Sorella's lead

Breakfast
Math
Art Elective: drawing
Lunch
Spanish 2
Dinner

EDIT: I forgot to add his clubs. Whoops, must have been tired last night. For clubs, Drew would do soccer and basketball.
Last edited by chelchel_rose on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

chelchel_rose
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Donnabee on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:31 am

Ethan Barrett (third year)

Breakfast
History
Martial Arts 3
Art Elective: Sculpting
Lunch
Phy-ed 3: Daily training
Healing 2
Latin 2
Dinner

After school clubs: Martial arts, Study club(as in like a helper person, if it's okay)

Teams: Basketball

Donnabee
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WindOnFire on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:46 am

Yeah, helping out would be fine, or you could even make him the club president, if you wanted. It'd make sense for him, I think, but of course that's up to you.

WindOnFire
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Totoro on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:28 pm

Made this real quick on Excel to make it easier for you guys to see who's in you're classes at which hour and know where others are at as well ;) Will update as soon as the other two come in.

EDIT: ADDED CLUBS XD
Last edited by Totoro on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Totoro
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chelchel_rose on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Oh wow, that does help a lot! Thanks Totoro!

chelchel_rose
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WindOnFire on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Yeah, thanks! Great idea! I'm working on the map now.

WindOnFire
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:18 am

Walker
Breakfast
English
Martial Arts 3; accelerated class, due to his extremely extensive prior experience in the area (let me know if you want this changed)
Art Elective - Painting
Lunch
Phys-Ed 1
Biology
Language Elective - German
Dinner

Clubs - Competitive Mixed Martial Arts, Fencing (will later become involved in Study Club)

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WindOnFire on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:41 am

I'm okay with him being in an advanced Martial Arts class, but I think he should start out in the normal class, get there, do some crazy impressive s***, and then, after a day or two, get placed in the advanced class. I agree that, given his background and abilities, that it doesn't make sense for him to be in the basic class, and after two years or so of training he should be about on par with the third years. Sound good?

Also, then he and Ari will have a class together, but not right at the beginning :)

WindOnFire
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Totoro on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:51 pm

Waiting on one more I think.

Totoro
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WindOnFire on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:08 am

Doing the timeskip now, sorry I couldn't do it sooner. Post will be up in an hour. If you're still here, please post something in the OOC. Just want to make sure because it's been a while.

Teachers:
English: Mrs. McConnell
Martial Arts 1 ad Phy-ed 1: Mr. Boris
Biology: Mc. Clark
Math: Mr. Peterson
Martial Arts 2 and Phy-ed 2: Mr. Michaelson
Drawing: Mr. Carter
Medicine: Ms. Harris
History: Ms. Richards
Martial Arts 3 and Phy-ed 3: Mr. Kingly
Healing 2: Mr. Evans

WindOnFire
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LokiAria on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Sorry this took so long too! I basically spaced on this. This is the first boarding school type roleplay I've been in - so again, sorry! Sorry!

Elizabeth Burke

2nd year schedule:
Breakfast
Math
Martial Arts 2 (she just barely squeaked by, hence the tutoring)
Art Elective: painting
Lunch
Phys-ed 2
Healing 2 (If its doable, I'd like her to be particularly good at the medicinal and healing arts seeing as she's a failure at martial arts. If not, just let me know.)
Language elective: Spanish 2
Dinner

Clubs: Gymnastics, Archery, Study

LokiAria
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!