Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Clerics Of Okern

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Clerics Of Okern

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:59 pm

As soon as he woke the girl, he immiediately regretted it. She liked to talk. Krieg wasn't neceassarily in the mood to talk with another Cleric, ever. She followed him into the bar, going on about a dream, well, rather, a vision is what she covered it up with. He didn't find it odd what so ever that they had both had visions. Hell, all of them probably had some sort of vision on this night. He sat down at the bar and looked at the barkeep, who immiediately got to making him a drink. Etain had sat right next to him. It appeared she wouldn't give up.

He gave a large sigh and turned to look at her with his piercing golden eyes. "Yes, a vision I did have." He said to her. "Do I know what it means? No, but I do know, that what I saw, was something that was not unlike my liege, Lithitemir." He took a gulp of his drink. He then scowled at her, she hadn't spoke yet. With his long hair, and his beard, along with his golden eyes, he appeared like a growling lion. "Can I help you anymore? Or are you just going to sit there?"
Theme of my life: Can't Tell Me Nothing
VMy Love made me thisV

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Devious
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:20 am

"The vision. The Underlord. Tell me everything that you know or think you know about them-"

He stopped as a violent tremor shook the building.

"What in Enki's name?!" He stared at Thorox, who too had been shaken by the tremor. " It came fomr downstairs... I think we should go and have a look what happened"

He turned to the door. "Coming Thorox?" Without waiting for an answer he walked out of the door.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Okutai
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fullmetal Ky on Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:10 am

Perhaps Etain was the only one who would be perturbed by the fact that they had all been given various strange visions. She was not to know, however, that the majority had suffered through one while hers had been more tailor-made to distress her more specifically. It wasn’t that she didn’t care for the mistreatment of humans; it was just that the plight of the animal kingdom tended to resonate louder and more profound to the druidic High Cleric of Minerva. At least humans could comprehend what was happening to them and, to a point, avert it. Animals were essentially helpless creatures in a lot of respects. Well… a newborn kitten is certainly far more helpless than a fully matured tigress, but it wasn’t relative all the time.

Finally though, he was turning to give her an answer. His golden eyes were at once particularly pointed and angry looking, but Etain simply assumed that this was Krieg’s natural look. In fact his lion-like features complete with mane probably did more to endear him to Etain than anything the majority of the others could say. Still though, he had been given a vision too, which broached the possibility that the others had all had visions too. Krieg spoke of something that resembled his lord, but was not phased by the madness. Surely he wasn’t talking about an ill wind that stole the life of several creatures? Krieg served a God of war, not of cruelty.

Cocking her head to one side she considered the question of whether she was done yet with deliberate slowness, a vacant expression playing across her mischievous childlike visage. “Well, what was your dream about? Mine doesn’t sound all that similar to yours. Mine was about animals dying on an open plane, but it was so peculiar...” Etain’s voice trailed off as she observed the barkeep bringing Krieg his drink, almost unable to keep his hand from shaking as he placed it on the bar in front of the monolith of a man. Etain sighed inwardly and gave a sly smirk to the barkeep, before shaking her head to indicate she didn’t want a drink.

Fullmetal Ky
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:59 am

Thorox turned breifly back toward the window. He closed his eyes, and sighed deeply. Events were begining to set in motion. If only Nyx would tell him, what, or why. Nyx had been strangly silent throughout Thorox's journey, and she had been even more distant, or distracted since he experienced the vision. Somthing was troubling her. Its not generally good for mortals, when a God is troubled.

Sighing once again, Thorox turned back towards the still open door, and moved to follow Al-krun. As the reached the bottom of the stairs, Thorox heard a bit of a conversation, "-your dream about? Mine doesn’t sound all that similar to yours. Mine was about animals dying on an open plane, but it was so peculiar...”

Thorox turned and saw it was none other than Etain, speaking with Krieg. Thorox quickly linked himself with Entains mind, and spoke into it. His mental voice much different than his phycical one, this voice demanded the respect that a Cleric was due, unlike his weak and raspy mortal voice.
"Fool!" He hissed in her head, "Do not speak of our affairs in front of mortals! Hold your tounge until the meeting, we don't need even more rumors traveling around."
The Clerics of Okern - Looking for High Quality Players: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-clerics-okern-t25520.html

Lithitemir
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fullmetal Ky on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:42 am

Having barely even finished speaking to Krieg, Etain was barely prepared to listen to the other chosen’s words, never mind a booming resonation in her mind which set her teeth on edge and threatened to give her a splitting headache. It started with an insult before quickly moving into a declaration and an order, which came from a man whom she was supposed to be on the opposite side of the great divide to. In fairness, he did have a point, and Etain was foolishly talking about the business of the Gods in front of mere mortals, but that didn’t stop her from feeling a huge well of indignation building within her body.

“Well that was rude.” Etain stated, rubbing her temples and putting emphasis on the last word she spoke deliberately. “You could have just asked me you know, Thorox. It wasn’t like I was spilling the secrets of the Gods or anything.” Rolling her eyes she slumped out of the stool, sliding and stepping in one almost graceful motion. “Besides, you shouted that mental command so loud I wouldn’t be surprised if half of Okern heard it.” Stepping over to him she smiled shyly, letting her appearance of a childish young woman do half the work for her. “I’m sorry Thorox, you old worry wart.” Etain said, with a skyward eye-roll.

“Since we’re mostly up and about though… when’re we going? And don’t bemoan me for saying something like that, because it looks weird enough that we’re all gathering in one place anyway.”

Fullmetal Ky
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:02 pm

Thorox swallowed the harsh words that came to him naturally, he didn't have the energy to deal with her now. Instead he decided to answer her question, "Well, considering the agreement was for the meeting to be held as soon as possible, I would say you should head out there now." Thorox paused glacing around, then spoke back into her head, "You are alone in a room with the three High Clerics of Domaken. I suggest you swallow your cockyness."

Lithitemir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fullmetal Ky on Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:47 pm

So it appeared that Thorox believed that she was being cocky with her attempt to diffuse the situation with friendly humour. She couldn’t help but sigh, his sympathetic connection with her mind becoming quite an irritating little buzz at this point. Gathering her mental energy she retraced the connection back to his mind and began to broadcast her own thoughts into his head. First things first, she sent a wave of emotion somewhat akin to amusement before speaking directly into the High Cleric’s mind; “Oh Thorox, don’t be silly. I’m only being playful. Want me to come give you a hug, huh?” Giggling childishly, Etain heeded Thorox’s words before he had a chance to retort, skipping out of the room and out of the main door into the street. She would wait out here until another High Cleric came to walk with her.

Fullmetal Ky
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:34 pm

OOC: Just a note: Aryka's character is now NPC until she is able to take control of it again. This means that the character is open to anyone who wants to do a minor role or conversation with it, just like the inn keep. Just make sure you stick to the personallity of the character if you decide to do so.

Lithitemir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:26 am

Krieg's beatial like form had not moved since the other Cleric's had entered the bar. He didn't much like them. He listened on to them talk amongst themselves. "Foolish beings..." He thought to himself as he gulped down another drink.

As their conversation shifted from visions and dreams, he listened to when this meeting was supposed to take place. He wanted it to hurry up and be done with. Once he heard that it was supposed to be as soon as possible, he figured he would go there, instead of stay at this damned inn, with these foolish Clerics. He noticed the childish Etain leaving, and had a small sigh of relief.

After he finished his drink, he turned to face the other Clerics. He said nothing to them, but still, his face showed and demanded respect as he bowed and exited the scene before him. As he was getting out of the inn, to go to the meeting place, luck was not on his side, because it seemed as though Etain was going too. He didn't like anyone really, but he knew, she annoyed him on purpose. He walked right past her, without muttering a word, knowing that he might just regret his decision to leave the inn.

Mr. Devious
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:56 am

Al-Krun frowned as both Krieg and Etain left the inn.

"Idiots..." He shook his head. He turned back to Thorox, and beckoned him to follow. He walked to the far end of the common room and took a seat in the corner. When Thorox seated himself across him, Al-krun spoke softly.

"Now. Where were we?"

Okutai
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:29 pm

Thorox sat across from Al-Krun and spoke softly, as to not be overheard. "I believe that this Underlord character is from Lithitemir's old continent. But as Krieg didn't say anything about it, maybe he doesn't know, or maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I think it's obvious that the Under Lord will be the topic for the meeting. Whatever the UnderLord is, he must be a threat to us, even from a different continent, if the Gods are willing to co-operate for the first time since Lithitemir came to Okern." Thorox paused, speaking even more quietly, "If War itself came from that Continent, think of the other horrors that could have spawned there." Thorox stood up, and spoke normally, “Come on Dwarf, we need to get to this meeting to.”

Lithitemir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fullmetal Ky on Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:49 pm

Being that Krieg was the first to emerge from the inn, he was the first that Etain greeted with a slight sly smirk as she followed in his footfalls towards the allocated area where they would be having their meeting. “Hey Krieg, slow down a little. Come on, walk with me! It’s a pretty morning, let’s enjoy it with a leisurely stroll!” The last thing on Etain’s mind was to be annoying, but that seemed to be the way the other High Clerics perceived her overt friendly nature. Particularly Krieg, who seemed to be always react in an extremely adverse way when confronted with anything but either cowering obedience or confrontation.

It seemed that all the High Clerics within the Domaken alliance hated each other almost as much as they hated the opposing faction. Etain couldn’t make head nor tail of it. Then again, maybe it was just Krieg showing his distaste of the others. Etain didn’t actually know whether or not the other two hated each other, but she was definitely suspecting it. What good did the Earth get from the night time anyway? Sighing inwardly at the strange tangent her thoughts had taken, she quickened her pace to walk next to Krieg and flashed him a toothy grin, still yet to see him smile or even take on a friendly expression. Minerva give me strength… Etain thought inwardly, Why does Krieg have to be such a… such a… barbaric cave man?.

Suddenly the building where the meeting was to take place came into Etain’s field of vision, likely just after Krieg had seen it himself. “Hey, there it is! Come on, let’s hurry, I bet we’re the first to get here!” And with that, Etain broke into a run across the cobbles and into the designated area where the meeting was set to take place. Sighing slightly, and slinging her yew bow over one shoulder, Etain leaned against the wall to rest for a moment while the others caught up.

Fullmetal Ky
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:29 pm

Al-Krun and Thorox walked into the opening where the meeting was going to take place.

"Well Thorox. From here. However we might dislike each other. I propose a treaty of peace between us. Krieg, isn't the MOST intellectual beings out there. and I think you and me are the brains of this alliance. We need to work together. what do you propose?" He linked his eyebrow questioningly at Thorox.

Okutai
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:53 pm

"Don't Underestimate Krieg, Al-Krun. He is a Cleric of one of the most cunning Gods. I wouldn't be surprised if he just acts the way he does to get an upper hand against the unsuspecting." Thorox paused as he walked past a panting Etain, after he was out of earshot again, he continued, "I do not bring personal feelings into my allegiances. I do, as Nyx would have me do. But as Nyx has no dispute with Enki," Thorox glanced at Al-Krun, "You watch my back, and yours will be covered.”

Lithitemir
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:49 am

Al-Krun grinned. " Ofcourse" He walked pass Etain and sat on a bench.

" I wonder what's taking the others so long..."

Okutai
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:24 pm

Krieg, of the four, was the last to enter. He didn't really care whether he was first or last there. He nodded to the rest of them. Krieg, did as his god commanded, yet questions of the others intentions kept on coming to mind. He knew not what any of the others wanted out of this. They should know, that Krieg, along with Lithitemir, wouldn't give much to begin with. "Let's get this started." His voice growled from the center of the room, where he chose to stand.

Mr. Devious
Member for 17 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!