Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Clerics Of Okern

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Clerics Of Okern

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:29 pm

Welcome to the Clerics of Okern. This is a roleplay based in a fantasy world that I created. Well, started to create anyway. Those who join this rp will become a cleric of one of the Gods. The (Unbiased) God lore will be posted below so you get the jist of them, and can choose accordingly. There will only be One High Cleric for each God, so if you want to be a Cleric of a God that is already taken, prepare to be outranked. Clerics are the Gods Holy enforcers. They wield the power of the Gods and are their representatives on Okern (Okern is the Name of the world). No one being is as powerful as a Cleric, in his own territory. Yet, as a Cleric moves farther away from his Gods lands and Temple, his powers will wane. Clerics can wield the powers of the gods in many ways, through magicks, through weapons, or through any other means imaginable. A duel of Clerics on even grounds (Both the same distance from their respective temples) would end in the death of both Clerics. For no one God is more powerful than another. The god lore now follows.

Gods of Okern

-Elven, Female, God of nature {Name: Minerva}
-Dwarven, Male, God of Earth {Name: Enki}
-Human, Male, God of the sun {Name: Haruspex}
-Human, Female, God of the Moon {Name: Nyx}
-Elven, Male, God of War {Name: Lithitemir}
-Elven, Female, God of the sea {Name: Aquila}
-Human, Female, God of the wind {Name: Vevina}

The Beginning I

At the beginning of time, Okern the High God of the Stars gave birth to a planet. Upon this world, many races and continents were formed, but none of them were cared for by Okern, as much as the one he named after himself.

The First Gods II

The High God of the Stars blessed the continent of Okern with five Gods to govern it. First he gave to continent Enki, God of the Earth, to shape Okern, and make the land suitable for life. The star God then gave Okern Vevina, Goddess of the wind. Vevina was to shape the sky and spread life-preserving air throughout the land.

The third God was Haruspex, God of the Sun. He was charged with bringing light and warmth to Okern. Next came Minerva, Goddess of Nature. She was made to bring an abundance of lesser life to the continent, life that would later be ruled by the mortal races. Finally the High God created Aquila, Goddess of the Sea. She was given the task of ruling the water masses and the creatures that dwelled within them.

For many years these five Gods governed Okern in peace, and the races grew strong, and intelligent.

The Sixth God III

As the mortal races grew smarter, they began to complain to the Gods, saying that the sun was too fierce and they were never given a break from its gaze. The High God, hearing the mortal’s pleas, created a sixth God. Nyx, Goddess of the Moon, was to take turns ruling over the skies with Haruspex, each serving for Twelve hours at a time. Thus came day, and night, and the beginning of the calendar.

Satisfied the mortal races went back to their lives, working and playing.

The Foreign God IV

For several more years the mortal races were content. But soon another problem arose, a problem that would end the times of peace. A mighty force came from beyond the sea. These foreigners brought with them ideas that the mortal races never heard before. Ideas like murder, fear, theft and conquest. Worse than all other things the Foreigner brought with them, they came with a new God, a God that the High God never wanted upon Okern. The new God was called Lithitemir, his title, God of War.

God of War V

Lithitemir quickly obtained followers of Okerns mortal races, for he was a master in words and tactics. He then convinced both Okerns eldest and youngest Gods to attend a secret meeting with him. The details of the meeting were never revealed to the mortals, but from that point on, the followers of Enki, Nyx, and Lithitemir became one, and called themselves the Domaken Alliance.

The remaining Gods grew angry that the Domaken alliance had been forged. They were told at the beginning of time by the High God to repeal and ignore all foreign ideas, and now two of their own were associated with this new God. They formed the Orbeca Alliance, and sought out the High God to expel Lithitemir from Okern.

The War VI

The High God’s wrath was indescribable. No mortal words can explain the anger that Lithitemir’s interference ensued. The High God came to Okern in his great rage, and sought to banish Lithitemir.

Lithitemir however, had been expecting this, and called his Godly alliance together, and united the three Gods fought a great battle with the High God. For a full mortal year the God’s battle raged, until, smote in the side, the High God’s defences lapsed. The brief lapse was all that Lithitemir needed, and he unleashed a brutal blow, that slew the High God.

Aftermath VII

As the High God died a thousand stars died with him, and Lithitemirs cry of triumph was said to be heard across the universe. However Lithitemir’s victory was quickly brushed aside. He had another matters to attend to. He now sought to destroy the Orbeca Alliance.

Soon after the High God’s death, Vevina dismissed herself from the Orbeca alliance, and declared herself neutral, she would fight no more. She devoted herself to peace, and any mortal that did not wish to fight could seek peace in her great city of the sky.

Flaine, High Cleric of Vevina.

To join this Roleplay you must make an opening post. Based on that, I will decide whether or not you are fit to join this roleplay. A character sheet is not necessary, as one should be able to describe his character in his opening post. However, if you DO make a character sheet, you do not need to describe your character in the opening post if you do not feel the need to do so. I will not accept you if you do not use at least grade 7 level grammar. This means, most words should be spelt correctly, correct punctuation should be in place, and words that should be capitalized, are.

I will now make my opening post, as Thorox, the High Cleric of Nyx. The city this is taking place in, is the coastal city of Aquila.

IC:

Thorox pulled his plain black robes tightly around him with one hand, the other clenched tightly around the burnt black staff he was using as a walking stick. Withdrawing his head back into his deep hood, he shivered. The chilled winds tore into his pale skin like daggers, and the faint light of the sun burned his eyes. He was stiff from the long journey, and eager to get to his destination. He was sent as Nyx's representative in the meeting.
The Clerics were to discus a 'treaty' between the Gods. Thorox sneered to himself. Yeah right, treaty. Peace was about as likely as him giving up his black robes for white, or trading his staff for a sword.

He carried on down the street, cursing the sun, and the cold. Until finally he entered the Inn where he planned to stay during the negotiations. It was empty, as the day was still young; no one was in yet to drink away their sorrows from the war. This suited Thorox just fine. He preferred to keep his distance from crowds, especially in enemy territory.

Thorox let the door bang close behind him, to get the innkeepers attention. The innkeeper looked over at the door, startled by the noise. He put down the sheet of paper he was reading and beckoned Thorox toward the counter.

"What can I do yea for?" The man asked.
"A single room." Thorox said, his voice raspy and weak.
The innkeeper, somewhat startled by the voice of the apparently younger man, nodded and turned away to pick up the piece of paper he had just laid down. "What'ser name?"
"Thorox." Came the reply in the same weak voice.
There was a pause, as the innkeeper scanned the list. "Your not on m'list. You do have a reservation right?" The man glanced at Thorox with an accusing stare.
"Reservation? No. You have no room openings?" Thorox asked tiredly.
"Nay sir I do not." The man said, "Usually I would this time of year, but there’s supposed to be a big meeting, with Clerics and everything, people want to be where the action is." The innkeepers eyes gleamed at the thought of all the extra gold he was getting. "You'll probably have trouble finding a room anywhere round here actually. Towns been sold out for weeks now."

Thorox sighed, "I'll pay double whatever the asking price is for a single."
"Err. Sorry, I can't help you sir. Can't just turn away someone whose got a reservation now can I?" The man said almost sincerely, but Thorox noticed a small twitch in the mans face.
Again, Thorox sighed, "How much do you want for a room?"
The inn-keep, barely concealing a grin at his luck, "Well, to turn away a reservation.. I couldn't accept less than 30 gold."
Thorox's gray eyes flashed beneath the shadows of his hood, and he almost protested. Hell, he almost killed the man at the outrageous price, but contained himself. Digging into a hidden pocket in his cloak, he pulled out three platinum coins, and handed them to the man. Who, grinning, handed Thorox an old key.
"Room 2, first door on the left up the stairs."

Thorox turned away quickly silently seething. 'Should have killed the bastard on the spot.' Thorox thought viciously. And he would have under normal circumstances. But he was ordered to contain his anger at the beginning of his journey. He needed the other Clerics to trust him.
The Clerics of Okern - Looking for High Quality Players: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-clerics-okern-t25520.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Clerics Of Okern

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryka on Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:47 pm

[ooc]I would like to be the High Cleric for Haruspex, Zuri. [ooc]

Zuri's fingers were warm in the cold air. A healthy glow raptured her body as she rode on her crème horse. Slowly, she could feel her power beginning to wane and the warmth that filled her dwindle. She pulled her Dark cloak around herself, slowly covering the white gown she was wearing, and hiding the masses of maple curls underneath the hood.
"Haruspex is not happy at all Helios." She told the horse, "He sending cold with us on our mission. Surely this meeting will solve some things."
She reached into her saddlebags to pull out a satchel of water. The yellow diamond in her ring caught the sun; Zuri followed the spotlight to an Inn.
"I'll tell you one Cleric that will not be willing to negotiate," Zuri continued to talk to Helios, "That Cleric of Nyx's. What's his name? Thorox!" She snorted, "The man is bitter as ever."
As she neared the inn, a small shiver went down her spine, and she arched her back. She ignored it as she dismounted Helios. Tying his reigns to a post with the rest of the horses and taking some of her satchels out of the saddlebags, she proceeded into the Inn.

The Innkeeper looked up at the opening of the door. Zuri closed it quietly, and walked up to the man.
"What do you need?" He asked her, almost surprised that a woman had walked in.
"I need a room, single preferably."
"Cold sheets tonight?" he asked as he picked up the reservation paper, Zuri wasn't worried, "Name?"
"Zuri, I should be on the list, I sent a messenger to this place making a reservation."
"Keep yer skirts on, yer on here." He reached behind the counter to hand her an old key. "Room 4."
"Thank you," Zuri took the key from the Innkeeper, "About my horse..."
"I ask the stable boy to take any horses found tied up at my inn to the stable out back."
"I thank you again." Zuri began to turn and climb the steps to her room.
"Are you here about that Cleric Meeting?"
Zuri stopped and turned to the man, her blue eyes met his brown ones, "I had heard about it, but no, that is not the main reason I am here." The lie rolled off her tongue easier than she thought it would.
"Well, be careful. Lots of shady people here tonight."
Zuri nodded the Innkeeper goodnight and climbed the stairs with her satchels on her shoulder. She was beginning to get weary, what with the sun about to set. She was willing to lay her head down for a bit.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip'em the bird.

What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere?
'Hold my purse.'

"Flying is simple. You just throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aryka
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:39 pm

OOC: I would like to be the High Cleric for Lithitemir, Krieg

Ic:

Krieg was coming to Aquila by way of horse. He needed not have his eyes open. He enjoyed the feel of the sun on his neck, and the kiss of the wind on his cheek. He was almost in tune with the nature around him. His black hair, whisped in the wind, along with his short beard. The armor he was adorned with, told the story of his great god, Lithitemir. It was gold and black, the armor was one of a kind, given to him by his god. He was truly grateful to be the High Cleric for the mighty Lithitemir. One would think the horse he rode would tire out. What with the large shield and sword on his back. No mortal man could weild the sword, or even lift the sheild. But, the horse was a special one, one of Lithitemir's own. Fuego, was the name of the horse. It seemed to never tire, and always have stamina. He named it Fuego, because the horse moved fast, and looked like fire because of it's red mane.

"My liege, why must we go to this meeting of peace? It's not as if our might couldn't just take the rest of the gods out. Our might is unstoppable." He thought to himself. But he was no god, he wouldn't defy the will of his lord. He sniffed the air. "Getting close now Fuego...I can smell the sea." Finally openeing his eyes, to reveal them as a golden color, he saw the city of Aquila. "Named after it's god....hmm...never found it too great." He said as the city was fast approaching.

Once they arrived, he slowly trotted through the town. Most knew who 'he' was. People looked at him, knowing that he was the high Cleric of the God of War. Some scowled, and others seemed as though they were terrified. Some shouted insults to him. He bothered with them not. But when one man shouted an insult to his god, thats when he looked at the man and his demeanor changed. He looked to the man, and cocked an eyebrow. The man piped down, and said nothing. "I thought so." Krieg said softly to the man. Although slightly weaker, Kreig was still a man of might, and not to be tested. His very appearance was one of intimidation.

He finally made it to the inn that was supposed to be held for the meeting of the Clerics. He dismounted Fuego and patted him a bit. Tying him down, he made sure Fuego had water to drink and food to eat. Walking up the steps, he walked inside. Making his way up to the inn keeper with a scowl on his face, he simply said. "Krieg."

The inn keeper was a little bit nervous. "Y-y-yes...y-you're on the list mate."
"You need not tell me information I already know, foolish man." Krieg said slightly aggrivated. The inn keeper just annoyed him. "Just gimme my room number, thank you."
"Y-yes of course. Your room is room number 10. Here's your key." The inn keeper said handing the key to Krieg.

Krieg simply nodded and took the key. He didn't walk up to his room yet though. After the long ride, he wanted a drink. Thankfully, the inn had a pub. Making his way up to the bar keep, he asked for a mug. Looking around, at all of the happy people, the singing women, and generally annoying people, Krieg decided he would much rather enjoy the drink inhis room, and stomped his way up the stairs into his room.
Theme of my life: Can't Tell Me Nothing
VMy Love made me thisV

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:48 pm

OOC: Your both in, Welcome to Clerics.

Thorox was sitting on the bed in the inn room. He sat with his staff across his lap, deep in prayer. He was renewing the vows he was forced to make to keep in favour with Nyx. He felt his energy seep out of him as he willed his words across Aquila's territory to the Temple of Darkness where Nyx would hear his prayers. As his energy drained, he felt his power growing stronger, and his muscles tense. He collapsed on the bed in a fit of ecstasy, as the power coursed through his frail body and into his soul.

As the power flow stopped, he sat back up. His eyes which had been almost silver a few minutes before were now almost black. For his eyes showed the amount of favour he held with Nyx, and as he used his Godly forces, the tint of his eyes would lighten. He let out a long breath, and set his staff against the wall. He laid himself down on the bed and closed his eyes.

He wouldn't sleep, as he did not need that anymore, since he had just renewed his favour, but his body was still stiff from the journey. As he lay, Thorox tapped into his own power, not that which he had gained through Nyx, but his own magic energies. He willed this energy to forge an eye in the astral realm. An eye that could see, not objects or people, but souls that carried power. He was scouting to find the other Clerics. He did not shield his Gaze. He wanted them to know he saw them, to know that he was watching, waiting. He would not set up a mental link with them however. If they wished to communicate they could spend their own energies on the connection.

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryka on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:12 pm

OOC: Thank you!

Zuri stood gazing out the window, her ring catching the last bits of the sunset's orange light. A tune hummed in her head, and her voice hummed along with it.

"High is the moon tonight
Hiding its guiding light
High

Heaven and earth do sleep
Still in the dark so deep
I will the darkness sweep

I will the moon to flight
I will the heavens bright
I will the earth delight

Open your eyes with me
See paradise with me
Awake and arise with me"

Haruspex would jest some times that the only reason he had chosen Zuri to be his Cleric was because of her voice, but Zuri thought of it as more of a way to meditate and keep a connection with the God of the Sun. Already, she could feel a slow flow of energy fill her, the connection was weak, but it would still give her enough power to keep alive durring the meeting.
A sudden chill went down her spine, this time more violent. She could actually feel the eyes of another on her in the astral plain. Carefully, she closed her eyes to tap into whatever magical energy she had that was her own, and combined it with that of Haruspex's. When she opened them again, her blue eyes became almost bloodshot, a sign of seeing in the astral plain.
She fased the window first, looking to see if an enemy was about, none were there. When she turned to the south wall however she flinched to see another pair of astral eyes at her. The sight made her loose focus, and her eyes reverted back to their shade of blue.
"Another Cleric is trying to spy on us." she thought, "and they're here, in the inn. I know just who it might be."

OOC: Yes, i know the song is from Celtic Woman, but I love their music and I thought that this song in particular would be appropriate. Please don't kill me.

Aryka
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:58 pm

Krieg sat in his room. After his drink, he meditated to his God, Lithitemir.

"Mighty one, lend me power while I am away. Power to defeat those in our way, power to annihilate all in our path." He felt something within his body. It was power. Kriegs body felt re-energized. "Lord Lithetmir, I shall not fail you." His lord, left him one last burst of energy along with words "You never have my servant." Kriegs eyes opened, Lithitemir hardly ever spoke unless he was pleased. For once Krieg was happy.

Suddenly, the feeling of eyes upon him was creeping up on his back. He was being watched, from the Astral plane. "Foolish Cleric...you think you intimidate others, by watching them." He could feel the Clerics energy. When suddenly he felt another on the Astral Plane. Connecting himself, he spoke to them mentally, just for a quick insult. "Your prying eyes, reveal nerves on edge, and weakness. You are both fools." No sooner did he sever his tie with the Astral Plane, Standing up, he walked to the balcony of his room, to catch the last glimpse of the sunset. The fire red sky warmed him. He felt that if any time of day, now was a time for battle.

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:23 pm

OOC: I don't mind you borrowing songs or ideas from other places. If they contribute to the roleplay anyway.

Thorox sneered inwardly as he recognized Krieg's voice, he was the farther soul, in what Thorox guessed was a few rooms down. The other soul, which had briefly looked back at him, was much closer. Only a few meters away. He couldn't be certain, but guessing by the fiery aura that radiated from them, into the astral realm, he was almost certain it was a Cleric on Haruspex.

Thorox was not surprised to see two other Clerics in the same inn with him. This inn was close to the meeting grounds, the plaza in front of Aquila's Temple. They could not meet inside the temple, for Aquila would tax the Domaken Clerics of their powers if they even took a step into her most holy Temple. Thorox would never have even considered entering the temple, even if he would not be taxed. Nyx herself would curse Thorox much worse than Aquila, if she thought he was betraying her.

Thorox slowly turned his eye round, seeing the rest of the city. The other Clerics were finding their way into the city, and tomorrow morning the meeting would be held. As Thorox's eye found the temple, he quickly turned away. It was too bright to look at, for his astral eye. He could only assume Aquila had increased the fortifications on the temple, in case of treachery from one of the ceasefired Clerics.

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryka on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:56 pm

Paroxysm flooded into Zuri's mind. Violent panic overtook her, and she walked accross to sit on the bed. Shaking, she returned once again to try and comunicate with Haruspex.

"They are watching," she heard her voice in her mind.

"Nyx is paranoid." Haruspex's asuring voice filled her, "Her messenger is only being paranoid with her. Let their own neuroticism consume them. It only becomes our problem if there is an attack."

Zuri breathed in and opened her eyes. Listening to Haruspex was the best thing for her right now. But all she could do is wait for the clerics, and the morning.
It couldn't come any sooner.

Aryka
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:09 pm

Thorox sat at the window of his room, staring into the moon several hours later. He sat their meditating on the war, and on Nyx. He couldn't understand why Nyx, or the other Gods of the Domaken alliance had aggreed to the cease-fire. There must have been a good reason to send their Clerics to Aquila, to meet with her Cleric, who called the meeting on Aquilas behalf.

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:12 pm

OOC: I'd like to be the High Cleric of Enki please.

IC:

Al-krun sniffed at the air. The journey had taken longer than he had expected it to have. It was night and he STILL hadn't reached the city. He now knew why people use horses so much. Bloody faster! Although, Al-krun always preferred walking to using some poor mule as a sort of transport, he knew he should of rented some kind of faster transport. He sighed and grunted at his idiocy.

He stopped and sniffed at the air again, his dark brown robes billowing in the evening wind. He could tell he was near Aquila, he could smell it. Like rotten fish. He resumed his leasurely pace towards the city thinking of his relationships with the other High Clerics. He had never gotten along with Clerics of Aquila. Water and earth aren't the greatest of pairs. Well. It had been a while since he had seen the other clerics. And I'm not looking forward to seeing them again, either! Thorox, now that man was bitter. You could eat a whole lemon pie and then fill your mouth with dirt and still not be as bitter as that man!

He thought he heard the voice of a female, singing. But he shook it off. It reminded him of the confounded singing of that Cleric, Zuri. He couldn't stand her shrill voice! He didn't notice the big gates of Aquila until he actually walked into the walls. Shaking his head in frustration, not only at his loss of concentration, but as the inconvenience of the gigantic walls of the city. The smell of the sea was more stronger here and did nothing to improve his frown. He needed ale. And now. Walking towards the Inn he had reserved, he strode through the door way. He looked around the inn. Everywhere was filled to the brim with people, laughing , dancing , singing. He looked at the inn keeper, hoping for his and the inn keepers sake that the inn keeper hadn't given his room away.

Walking up to the inn keeper he pushed the inconvenient people in his way.

"Good evening. My name is Al-krun. I had reserved a room for myself"
"Ah! Mr. Al-krun! Let me have a look on the list!"

The inn keeper gave a quick scan of his list and shook his head as he faced the Dwarf High Cleric.

"I'm sorry Al-krun. You seem to not be on the list-"
Before the inn keeper could finish Al-krun snatched the list out of his hands and looked down the list. His sharp eyes spotted his name Al-krun. Crossed out and written next to it Thorox. He snarled and reached over the counter and pull the inn keeper close by the scruff of his neck.

"My dear man. IF you wish to go on having a business here-" he held up his mace in front of the inn keepers nose "-then you want to get me a space. NOW."

The Inn keeper squealed and squirmed while begging for pardons and forgiveness. He quickly fumbled for a key on his chain and gave it to Al-krun.

"R-room 7. At the top of the stairs"
"I'm happy you saw the bright side of things. I think we'll get on very well." Said Al-krun and marched up the stairs. As he did he shouted back "And bring me some Ale! Your strongest one! And a HOT meal!"

Finally. Things were going his way...

Okutai
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:21 pm

The figure was an astonishing nine feet tall, its skin the colour of sand. Its eyes had no colour, and yet they were every colour, looking into them, one could not decide on a shade, as they always seemed to change. The figure wore a stone helm, the stone was a polished black, and gleamed in the torchlight. Many small twisted spikes protruded out of the top of the helm. It must have weighed well over one hundred pounds, but the figure held his head as if it were bare. The figure wore a full suit of the stone armour, the same spikes sticking out of the armours shoulder, elbow, and knee guards. The entire set of armour must have been well over 1000 pounds of stone, but when the figure took a step forward, he moved gracefully, with fluid steps, like he was wearing silk instead of the encumbering armour.

In the figures right hand, was a spiked flail, made out of the same stone as the armour. The flail was connected to a two foot black stone handle, by a four foot steel chain, also a polished black. In the figures other hand, was a whip of spikes. The whip was permanently attached to the figures hand by binding spikes that pierced; then seemed to become one with, the figures fist, and wrist. The rest of the whip was eight feet long, trailing on the floor behind the figure. The whip was composed of long black spikes spaced about an inch apart. Nothing visible held the spikes together, but, every few seconds, the spikes, and the spaces between them, pulsed a faded black.

It was impossible to tell where the figure was, but suddenly there was a man on the floor in front of the figure. The man was beaten and bleeding, begging for his life.
"No.. No... My Lord.. Please my lord." The man wheezed, "I swear, they lie."
A voice that can only be described as death came from the tall figure, "You have been tried, and found guilty of High Treason worm. The punishment for your blasphemous words is eternal suffering under the shade."
A look of horror came onto the mans face, and his eyes grew wide, "No! Please my Lord! The great Under Lord! Please! Kill me, but spare me from the Shade!" The man began shaking terribly, as more words begging for death came from his lips.
"Do you, worm, think I, the Under Lord, am so weak, as to show mercy?" The voice of death came from the figure. "You commit yet another act of Treason here in front of me! You dare imply I am weak worm!" The voice grew shrill with anger, and the room grew darker, as the shadows seemed to swell.
"No! No my Lor-" The man was cut off, as the figures whip flew forward, seemingly on its own will, and pieced the man with its spikes. The man's eyes grew wider still, and he froze staring at the whip, pulsing inside of him. After a few seconds the figure pulled the whip back, leaving several large gaping holes in the man, where the spikes had been.
Suddenly the man started screaming in agony, as the wounds, instead of bleeding, turned black, and then the skin around the wounds turned black, and darkness began spreading throughout the mans entire body. The man's throat tore he screamed so loud, as the pain of the darkness spread past his body and into his soul. Soon, all that was left of the man, was a black stone statue, that faded into the shadows becoming one with them.

Thorox sat bolt upright in his bed as the sun peaked through the window, and onto his face. He was covered in sweat, and he was panting hard. He knew instantly, that it was not a dream. But a Vision from Nyx. Nyx had allowed him to see an event that was happening far away. Many leagues past even Aquilas oceanic territories and out of the land marked as Okern. He saw into another continent. He had no doubt that the other Gods, had shared with their own Clerics, the same vision.

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:33 pm

Al-krun woke with a start. He frowned and shook his head.

That was no ordinary Nightmare. He needed a discussion. He sent his thoughts out and subtly touched the other Cleric's minds in the same building.

Thorox,
Krieg,
and Zuri,

He needed an intellectual being to talk. Krieg was too hot headed and was pure strength. He thought, and in a way he wished. Zuri was too soft and again, he thought she was all looks and no brains. That left Thorox. The narrow minded and bitter Cleric. He was just a few doors down. He got up and put on his cloak and clothes. Walking to his door he walked out and walked towarss Room number 2. He knocked and waited.

Okutai
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:32 pm

Thorox had gotten dressed, and was leaning on his staff, looking out the window, at the Temple a Aquila, which was just peaking over the buildings in front of it. He heard a knock at his door as he stood there, as he had expected. Somone had brushed his consciousness not long before, and he had guessed they would come speak to him in person.
"Enter." Thorox called without looking around, and the door unlocked itself.
Last edited by Lithitemir on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fullmetal Ky on Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:08 am

I would like to take the job of High Cleric of Minerva, Etain.

There were scant few clerics who would, rather than sleeping within the confines of the city walls, actively choose to sleep within the deep woods surrounding the city. It was not seemly for a High Cleric to do such things. To sleep where the bears sleep, to adapt a rather cruder saying, was not something that the lap of luxury usually accounted for. However, there was one Goddess who commanded that her followers understand the balance of nature, and there was no better way to learn than to be cast to it’s bosom. The journey to these lands had left Etain, High cleric of Minerva, exhausted and exasperated. It seemed there was to be a ceasefire for the meeting, but none of the clerics or clerics present could even guess as to the reasoning behind it.

Shortly after pitching her tent once more, Etain raised her wide eyes to the sky and watched darkness encroach through the canopy. Greenery was everywhere yet she couldn’t help but sigh deeply. Nature depended on the earth, yet her Goddess and the God of the earth were both on opposite sides of a great divide. It didn’t make any sense to her, but then again it probably wasn’t supposed to. Etain pulled off her stitched leather jerkin, reminded every time of her old companion who had died in servitude to the Goddess. Neither human, elf nor dwarf, Etain’s companion had been a large black bear by the name of Soot, and the leather jerkin was made of the excess that would have otherwise served nature’s purpose in other ways. Regardless though, no matter how much affection one poured into an object, it didn’t stop it from smelling a little and Etain wrinkled her nose in distaste.

Next came the boots, as she removed each of them in turn, and placed them just inside the tent in case of rain. Pulling on a simple cotton undershirt, she retreated within her makeshift shelter and wrapped herself in blanketed embrace. She was elven herself like her Goddess, with fair features and jutting ears, which protruded through her pale blonde hair, and chocolate brown eyes, which sparkled with mischief half the time. Appearing as a young girl, barely over the hill of puberty, had its advantages and disadvantages at times she had to admit. “Well Minerva, I don’t know what we’re trying to accomplish here with those utter barbarians, but I trust you and put myself in your hands.” The silence wasn’t any comfort, but it wasn’t entirely unusual either.

Sleep came naturally, and with it a cascading dream of bizarre proportions.

Etain stood at the beginning of a large grassy plane, having just emerged from a forest of large, wrinkly oak trees. Looking out over the planes she could see several animals milling to and fro, but there was a sense of anticipation and even fear in the air. Attempting to discern what the problem was, Etain began to skim the instincts each animal was emitting. They were all, without fail, exuding their fight or flight instincts, but bizarrely they were all standing still. Predators stood next to prey without so much as a second look. Etain then watched in shock as the first animal wavered and fell by an unseen hand, as a chill wind descended over the plains and ominous dark clouds began to march overhead. Reaching out her mind with some effort, she attempted to brush with the consciousness and life which was there only moments ago, but it no longer existed in the dreamscape. Horror overcame Etain as she watched the other animals swallowed by their fate, collapsing before their time was truly done.

Awaking with a start, the Elven High Cleric struggled to free herself from her restrictive blankets. Finally kicking them off, she emerged from the tent and pulled on her boots, her heartbeat quicker than it should be. This was no ordinary dream, it was a vision sent to her by Minerva, but the Goddess still wasn’t talking. The dream held an unspoken command, bidding Etain find the source of the discontent in the natural world, and she had the feeling that this fact might be linked to the meeting she was to attend. Only one way to find out though, and that was to question the other High Clerics. Dressing hastily, even putting on her slightly musty smelling leather jerkin, Etain left everything as it was and dashed towards the town, though with her supple yew bow and a quiver of arrows at hand.

Arriving at the inn just as most decent folk were asleep, she had to manipulate the lock with magic to gain entry into the building where she was aware the other chosen of the Gods were staying. Creeping up the staircase she watched and waited. Seemingly it was too late an hour for any of the others to be awake, but surely they had been somewhat perturbed by the dream themselves? Only time would tell, Etain pouted childishly, as she moved to a sitting position in the hallway to await the next High Cleric to come into contact with her, dozing in the meantime with her bow across her lap.
Last edited by Fullmetal Ky on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fullmetal Ky
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:15 am

ooc: Ok, Im a little confused. One, the meeting hasn't happend yet. I intend to explain alot in the meeting so skipping over it just won't work. Two, a Preist an a Cleric are completly different things. A Preist devotes his life to the understanding of his God, and works to help others understand it. A Cleric, is the representive of the God on Okern. They don't need to study the God because they are, connected to them, and commaned by them directly. Going to school now. Please explain to me if I read your post wrong or if you need to change it.

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fullmetal Ky on Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:03 am

(ooc: ah, my mistake on both counts. I believed an earlier post you made suggested that the meeting took place. I also intended to use Cleric instead of priest. I've been reading too much of Trudi Canavan's latest series I'll bet. I'll change the post somewhat. If you'd rather Etain not wish to experience nature as part of one of her Priestly duties then I'll edit that out as well later, pending approval.

Edit- I've edited the title and the fact that the meeting had transpired. Hope that's what you wanted.)

Fullmetal Ky
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okutai on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:51 pm

"Interesting, yet simple trick Thorox."

Al-krun stepped into the room. He watched the distant and cold Thorox at the window. A smile touched his lips.
"I do hope you've been well, old freind?" He walked closer to Thorox and shut the door.
"Anyways. I'm not gonna bothering beating round the bush. I know you of all people had the same dream. What are your thoughts?"

Okutai
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lithitemir on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:52 pm

ooc: Thanks, yeah its better now. I don't mind Etain wanting to 'experience' the outdoors are part of her duties. I actually like the idea that the Clerics of Minvera would be required to spend time with nature.

"My thoughts?" Thorox sasid turning around to face the Dwarf. He studied Al-Krun for a few seconds before continuing, "My thoughts on what? The Vision? The so called Under Lord? Or perhaps the shade?" Thorox paused, "Nyx has given me much to think about."

Lithitemir
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Devious on Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:34 pm

The dream hardly phased Krieg, he was used to such horrors, what with his god being worse on those who oppose him. The only thing that bothered him, was the fact that this Under Lord, was not his Liege, yet he showed the same sort of mercy to his victim, none. And that Shade, what could it have meant?

Krieg sat up on the edge of his bed.

"My liege, who is this Under Lord? Should he be considered an actual threat?

"Krieg! Truly my son, worry not about the dream. Focus on the task at hand, the meeting of Clerics."

Krieg bowed, knowing that because he couldn't see his lord, that his lor could see him."My liege."

The time had now been the wee hours of the morning, before the sun arose. Krieg decided he would go down to the bar. He needed another drink, and hopefully, the annoying people from before would be gone by now.

As he made his way down the hallway, he noticed yet another Cleric had arrived, yet, obviously a little late. Etain, High Cleric of Minerva. She was obviously dozing in and out of consciousness. He walked by her, and decided to give her a rude awakening. As he was in the hallway, he stomped his large boot down on the ground, slightly indenting the floor. As it hit the ground, the sound would have been loud enough to wake the entire inn, but ask Krieg if he cared.

Mr. Devious
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fullmetal Ky on Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:16 pm

A virulent shock jolted Etain fully awake, the force of which caused her head to rebound off the wooden wall which she was currently leaning against while dozing. A second thud resounded as this occurred and for a moment her eyes misted over with welling tears. It was almost as bad as being smacked in the bridge of the nose. Etain raised her hands to the back of her head and uttered an oath which was very unseemly for both a girl of her perceived age and a High Cleric. There was a small lump rising at the back of her head, and she noted with come discontent that the source of her awakening had been none other than Krieg, High Cleric to the one who had started all the original mess.

“Oi, Krieg!” She hollered at him, clambering to her feet even as the much larger and infinitely more intimidating figure began to descend the staircase heading, inevitably, for the bar. “Wait!” Etain desperately wanted to ask him about the dreams, just to make sure that he hadn’t had one either. In the event that each of the chosen of the Gods were given dreadful visions and nightmares, then it would likely bode ill for them all. “I need to ask you some things.” She spoke at his broad back as they both entered the bar nearly simultaneously. “Like the dream, um, vision! Did you have one too? Minerva sent me one but I don’t know what it means.”

On the one hand, talking to Krieg was likely to be a massive chore in and of itself, but he was likely the one who was going to hold the majority of the answers in a literal sense. Of course, Etain wouldn’t know that, as her dream had been somewhat more ambiguous with regards to the ominous and uncertain future, and the coming of Gods from across the sea. Krieg’s God came from lands beyond, which probably meant that Krieg did. Perhaps he would, in that case, have some measure of information about these other Gods. Maybe Lithitemir the God of war ran like a whipped dog out of his own lands out of fear of retribution. All speculation of course, back in the world of the living however, Etain was still trying to coax an answer out of Krieg as she attempted to sit near to him. She would annoy the hell out of him until he gave her what she wanted.

Fullmetal Ky
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.