Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

close this topic

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

close this topic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sittingboob on Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:54 pm

ok as i was watching the chronicles of riddick i realised i need to rethink some of my views i wish to end this arguament and this topic but as far as i know i cant. i do not apologise for anything i have writen.
Last edited by sittingboob on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zdrastvooyte Meenya zavoot sittingboob Ya nee paneemayoo engleeskee :D

Xbox Live Gamertag: preacher jonson

Condoms & colouring books WANTS YOU!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sittingboob
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: injustice and other things that are pissing me off

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Well, I am a Christian and I agree that immigration laws are bull. I live in America, and here, immigrants don't have to pay taxes. WTF is that?! I'm not the type to hate people based on skin color, religion, or racial status, but immigrants should have to pay TWICE the taxes of American citizens. You're not alone in your feelings, brother. As for eligious hatred, yes, it has happened. But I don't think you should condemn all religious people for it. I myself am a peaceful Christian. I'm irritated at a lot of things going on in my country right now.
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sittingboob on Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:55 pm

im glad to hear that you feel the same way. immigrants should have to pay taxes but if they refuse they shoudl be sent back were they came from. no excuses

sittingboob
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:09 pm

Wow man, you sound xenophobic, racist, and completely against other people's religions. I'm 14 too, for a start. Now, I can accept the thing about French people trying to speak English, seeing as I live in France. As for the rest, you sound very off.

Let's examine first. Capital offences and punishment. I'm partly for it and partly against. A good argument that one of my friends pointed out is: "Why should anyone be able to determine the fate of another person's life ?" I agree, we're all equal, and to decide that we have the right to judge another man and end his life is somewhat harsh, and completely against the whole of "democracy". However, when you know that certain people are just going to spend their life-time in jail, it almost seems like wasted space, especially seeing as he worst crimes seem to happen when an offender is bailed out on good behaviour and recommits the same crime, thereby wasting someone else's life, or whatever. So, the argument has two sides, humanitarian, and practical. Still, this isn't the core of your rant.

As for immigrants fleeing their country for obvious reasons and coming to live in beloved Blighty, again, there is more than one face to this argument. They deserve to live, and ALL governments wish for people to live better lives, or at least that's what they should, fuckers are all around us, and so some can even get as high up as government, and screw things from there. Take happenings in Africa for instance. Now however, your idea of deporting them is hideous ! Just because the don't advance the natives they don't deserve to live on "your" turf ?! Yes, some and many cause problems, big and small, but still, that does NOT allow you to:

-Stick them all in the same boat, and
-Decide their fate.

Your not a God, even when in power. And besides, "manhunts" ?! For fuck sake man, you're again stating that anyone in power has the right to kill someone (if that's what you mean by man-hunt, unless you mean just tracking them down and bringing them back) for simply fleeing from the horror YOU've put them in. That's beginning to sound an awful lot like a fascistic regime or a dictatorship, which we don't want, sir, NO !

Now, religion ... You have got the argument from the wrong end. Religion does not cause wars, heck, they all admonish violence. As far as I know, no religious book states "Kill any who do not believe in me." No, it's the people following that religion that, due to human nature, decide to interpret passages of the text and claim that THEIR religion is better than anyone else's ! It's the people involved, and maybe even the way they were taught the religion, that causes such wars, not the religion itself. Religion is mainly a way of life, and a set of life-rules to follow, again ONE person guiding others. I personally am against religion but for another reason.

Now, Franz Ferdinand was not a bishop I believe, but a duke or something, nobility not clergy. Now, the Asian community is concentrated in Asia, and what you are talking about is Middle-Eastern, technically not referred to as Asian ... But that's your call, I'm not sure if geographically it's correct or no, don't have a world map close to me. They haven't overpowered the Anglican Church in any case. So, some dude is wanting to pull a church or something down, his opinion is bogus, and what he is saying is completely egoistic and selfish. Nobody will ever allow the church to be demolished, or things have really sunk in England. Yet your quote ...

"fuck you your Muslim face is an offence to my country!"

Is also completely out of line. What you are saying is racism, pure and simple. You are feeling too patriotic to allow other nations to come into "your" country. That, there, is a sign that you're a fucking asshole with no place in the modern world. Sorry, but it's the truth. Racist *points* ...

Now, you're example of school violence does not "prove your point", it happens everywhere, you get white, black, yellow and possibly even ghost bullies. Sure, the blacks and Jews always appear to be the worst, but that doesn't mean you can classify his whole "race" as such. (Note that I put race in inverted comas, the term race is BS, false, and must never be employed for our species ...)

And of course, the "white bastard" got three weeks away, and whatnot. Well, welcome to school justice mate, nothing's fair, especially in those situations ... Sorry, you're gonna have to live with the crap bureaucracy that schools suffer from.

So, yes, religions can be the cause of loads of crap, that doesn't mean you should ban them. People come to seek religion for guidance, some extremists take it too far, and we have crusades ... Yay, humans are a bunch of idiots, you showed you're one too ... Sorry, but wanting for manhunts, deportations, death sentences, and the abolition of religion to happen makes you a neat fucker. You've proven yourself to be just as bad as the people you were ranting about. Especially seeing as your views were ruled by completely inhumane factors, like ...

i think the British government should bring back capital punishment, after all with the prisons over flowing it would help.

That means that you are purely using the death sentence in order to "make some space", which is just wrong man ...

You claim to not be biased, but you bloody well are. I'm a Brit. too at core, but you're letting your overgrown patriotic sense and partly racist ideas cloud your judgement, if you have any. Rant finished, I rest my case, please answer promptly, and make it a bit more legible than your first post. If you are English, prove it by writing the language correctly, you're not upping the Americans' view of us with that kind of typing. Got it !

Selothi
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: close this topic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:53 am

I have some views of my own. Capital punishment can seem a bit harsh, but really is it? I mean, people used to be hung, beheaded, and electrocuted. Now, they get a shot. I believe the only people that deserve to have capital punishment are those who have killed another person. "For the lord said, let he who spills the blood of man have his blood be shed." Now, I am not a religious fanatic, so don't worry about it. The concept of religious wars is not new. The Crusades were began by the Pope, because he thought it was an insult that Muslims should be in a Christian holy city. He was WRONG. As is anybody else who uses religion as an excuse to start a personal war. I see many sides of immigration. I'm all for people coming to America, Great Britain, or anywhere else to start a new life. But, they should be treated as equal citizens. They should have to pay taxes, and should be given nothing for free. Would they treat us the same if we went to their country? HELL NO. They'd see us as inferior, and we'd have to work for respect. As for my capital punishment statements, does a man not forfeit his right to live when he takes the life of another? I say this so someone doesn't come on and scream, "You see yourself as God and so forth" I am not God, and I will never be God. I just don't think murderers deserve to live. I have nothing against an immigrant who is willing to come into America, learn to speak my language, and follow the rules and customs of my country. I'd do the same for them. Every topic we've discussed is an incredibly sensitive one. OK, I'm done.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sittingboob on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:22 pm

i dont see myself as god i see all gods as stupid. infact i find religions pointless, to me its a distraction to humanity who could do allot more for themselves if it didnt exist

sittingboob
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:14 pm

I don't neccessarily agree with that, but your view is your view.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:59 pm

Closed at request of thread-starter.

Kouketsu
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!