Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Come Join Marchand!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Come Join Marchand!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:26 pm

It was delivered in a crisp manilla envelope, sealed by a wax stamp that bore the mark of a phoenix. It belonged to none of the more prominent mage houses, that was for certain- it would have been recognized as quickly as the face of the president or Queen herself, or, in a more mundane comparison, the mascot of a prominent fast food chain. However, wherever it came from, it was addressed to both you and your family alike. It opened easily, revealing a letter that was just as simplistic as the package that had concealed it.
In neat, official print, it read:

ā€To Whom it May Concern,

After several years of preparation, we are pleased to announce the official opening of the Marchand School of Sorcery. Here, students (aged 14 to 18) will be able to receive a full, in-depth magical education- regardless of background, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or primary. Not only will they learn how to better control and wield their preexisting and steadily growing magical development, but they will also be guided through the delicate process of harnessing their Secondary abilities, become educated in the history of mages, lineages, and magical theory, and learn the basics of self-defense- all in a controlled and nurturing environment. In addition, students will be learning from professors specifically selected by the Council of the Eight Powers, and are some of the best of the best in their respective crafts.

Due to the extended period of time in which pupils are expected to attend Marchand (see the curriculum for details), the building offers various facilities and accommodations to keep the students comfortable. These include- but are not limited to- furnished dormitories, a cafeteria, gymnasium, pool, library, and common room. Students are assigned dorms automatically, and are allowed to use the facilities as they please- within reason, of course.

There will be an open house on the 4th to meet the professors, and to decide if Marchand will be a suitable environment for your child.

Regards,
The Marchand Staff.ā€

Enclosed with the letter were several other sheets and forms, paperclipped in a neat, carefully folded stack that smelled faintly of perfume.

Hello, lovely people of the OOC forums. Iā€™m Echo, the Game Master of The Marchand School of Sorcery.

Marchand is a simplistic roleplay in pretense- another magical high school, where students of all magical types and backgrounds can gather, make friends, form relationships, and learn how to control and better harness their powers. What (hopefully) sets this roleplay apart from the usual stock high school roleplays, however, is that there is a large focus on the actual learning the students will be doing, as well as the relationships and interactions between the teens. There is also some deeper lore surrounding the war that happened sometime before Marchand came into existence, and an underlying plot that you will have to join in order to properly discover. Marchand itself is set in a basic ā€œhumans donā€™t know about magicā€ type setting, with mages having organized systems across the globe, a governing body (The Eight Powers), and, in some cases, facades to keep humankind, for the most part, in the dark when it comes to mages and sorcery. While this can seem very Harry Potter esque for those more interested in Fantasy, there are several key differences that should (hopefully) set Marchand apart from a cheap Potter fic. This includes focus on proper hand-to-hand combat, a lack of wands, robes, and real ā€œspellsā€, and some other good stuff.

What you can expect from Marchand:

- Opportunities for in-depth character development and discovery.

- A world specifically built to allow any characters within reason to fit in and have fun.

- An active, dedicated group that will be more than happy to help you out and interact.

- IC and OOC events.

- A leisurely posting time, made flexible to support the large cast and writer busyness.

With that said, there are some things that we expect of you:

- Reliability. Please donā€™t join and just never post, or claim that you will post in a certain time frequently and never follow through. While we understand that things can get in the way, please tell us if you need more time, and post often if you can.

- Creativity. Donā€™t steal anyone elseā€™s concepts, ideas, or the like without asking. However, if you have any plot or character or ideas, feel free to toss them at the fellow GMs and I so we can look over them. Weā€™re pretty reasonable people, and open to suggestions, concepts, potential character sub plots, or preexisting history between characters. (although the preexisting history also extends to all writers, and not just the GMs).

- Maturity. Our characters can be clawing each otherā€™s throats out IC, but outside of the roleplay, everyone is expected to be at the very least cordial to one another, if not amiable. In addition, while the RP is currently pretty light hearted, be warned that there are a few topics that might or will come up through a magical high school that you will be expected to deal with.

If this interests you in any way, feel free to drop a PM if you have any questions, comments or concerns, and weā€™ll get to it as soon as we can. Or, if it suits you better, you can just put it here- weā€™ll check the forum as often as possible to properly address things. We would love to have you, and I personally hope that yā€™all end up having your interest peaked in some way.

Join Marchand here.
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Re: Come Join Marchand!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:29 pm

Co-GM (one of) Vit here!

In addition to a broad, character-driven setting, we've also got a great deal of story, subplots, events and persons of interest for people to explore. The school has many mysteries to unlock and clues to unravel,and the outcome of events is dependent on if the students can gain an understanding of what is truly happening.

We also have a number of active OOC threads, both for more in-depth discussion and for more light-hearted fun.
We're active, responsive, and have built some deep lore surrounding the world that we're excited to see people trying to unearth.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:11 pm

Bouncing this up. :)

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:44 am

This looks fantastic, like something I could use to get back in the game. I'm tossing around some ideas, might need a bit of a conference.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:53 pm

Sweet! I saw that you went ahead and PMed me, so we can go ahead and work there on any ideas you have.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leo Lorenzo on Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:18 pm

Hi,is this RP still open to new members? I'd love to join if possible; it sounds like such a fun time!
Hi! I used to be here a long time ago, but I can't remember my old account (+ there's some things I don't want to dig up, lol). Nice to meet you all!

Leo Lorenzo
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:18 pm

Yep! We're currently preparing to time skip to dinner, and it's a bit slow because of the holiday season at the moment, but we're still very much open to those who are interested. :)

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leo Lorenzo on Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Wonderful, thank you! I'll try to have my form up by Monday at the latest :D

Leo Lorenzo
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:44 pm

Sounds good! Take your time.

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!