Announcements: January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! »

Coming home to... [maddenbaby and ipodkiddie]

a topic in Private Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

For all non-public roleplay, regardless of genre. Your roleplay belongs here if you do not have public signups.

Coming home to... [maddenbaby and ipodkiddie]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:27 am

The Role: In high school they were inseparable, even though no one ever thought they would’ve been together in a million years. She was cute, smart, etc the typical high school girl, and he were the bad boy type, he was smart but didn’t care about school. After High school he decided that the army/navy/whatever was the best choice for him, 6 months later he packed up his duffle bag and she saw him away at the airport as he was on his way to boot camp. They tried the whole long distance thing, but ended up fighting more than working things out. Finally they broke it off. Boot Camp is over, it’s 4 months since the last time we talked and he's on his way home next week.

The Guy:
Name: Jacob (Jake) Marsh
Appearance: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m249 ... Geoff5.jpg
This picture is a rough picture of his looks, obviously, this is right after his first buzz cut at boot camp when he had a few spare minutes and the camera did nothing for his eyes. As for personality, like I said, when he left he was young and wanted to have fun, school was the last thing on his mind, now that he's joined the army though he's been re-brought up you could say. He has a new sense of confidence and more direction with life. He's still quiet and shy at the right times too though. Jake wished things had turned out different with the most stable girlfriend he ever had and that plagues him to a great extent.

(( And for a first post ))

She misses me. He thought to himself. He dialed his cell that just got turned back of after 6 months of boot camp, sitting in the barracks he thought about the last letter he got from her, how sad she was things were ending, and how proud she was of him even though he'd disappointed her. He sighed and called her apartment, hoping she wouldn't see his number and ignore it right away...
"And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they’ll never stop doing, I think it’s FEARLESS to stop believing them. It’s FEARLESS to say “you’re NOT sorry”, and walk away. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is FEARLESS. Letting go is FEARLESS. Then, moving on and being alright…That’s FEARLESS too." - Taylor Swift

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Coming home to... [maddenbaby and ipodkiddie]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iPodKiddie on Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:05 am

Name,
Stephanie Marlyn

Personality,
Basically Stephanie is an intelligent, sweet and stubborn girl. She's confident in everything she does and she doesn't second thought any decision she makes, although sometimes she regrets that later. She's modest and tends to think of others before herself. She may seem perfect, but everyone knows nobody's perfect.

Appearance,
http://www.myhairdressersearch.com/File ... -girl2.jpg

-

"Who could that be?" Stephanie questioned herself as she strode to the phone, trying to catch it before its final ring. She was in the middle of making lunch so she'd have to cut the conversation a bit short before her food began to burn. Not checking the caller ID she answered, "Hello?"
RAWR;; DannceStoopid;)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

iPodKiddie
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:18 am

"Hi Steph." He breathed out a sigh of relief as she answered, "I finally got my cell back and wanted to give you a call." He heard her exasperated tone on the other end and smiled thinking about all the things she could be doing at home, then thought to himself it was without him and stopped short "It's Jake."

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iPodKiddie on Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:28 am

As Stephanie listened to the guy on the phone she began to wonder who it was. The voice sounded familiar but she couldn't remember who until he said he was Jake. Her eyes widened and she nearly smacked herself on the forehead for not recognizing, "O-oh. Hey Jake." Not knowing what else to say she asked, "How are you?"

iPodKiddie
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:32 am

"Good, I graduated yesterday. I'm coming home next week." he said proud of himself, knowing she'd be proud too. "That's uh kinda what I was calling about." He said biting his lip in anticipation of what was about to come next, "Did you want to come pick me up on base? I know my stuff's still there, I hoped..." His voice trailed off as he waited for her reply, thinking to himself why'd you even ask, stupid!

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iPodKiddie on Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:45 am

Stephanie smiled softly when he informed her he graduated. That was great. She wasn't prepared for what he told her next. "Next week?" Sure she wanted to see him. In fact, she had always anticipated the day but for some reason when she heard those words her chest tightened. Not wanting to leave him without an answer the words just slipped out, "Oh sure." She hadn't meant to say that but the words slid out like dripping water. After an internal battle she decided she wouldn't change her mind, thinking it would be best to see him after that long while.

iPodKiddie
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:55 am

A smile lit up his face and a weight came off his shoulders immediately, "Really? I can't wait to see you!" He said knowing she was shocked into an answer, part of what he hoped for but hey, at least he'd get to see her. "My flight comes in monday at 10:30.. I have a couple weeks of leave, so we'll get to catch up. You know like old times!"

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iPodKiddie on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:22 am

Steph couldn't help but giggle at his enthusiasm. "Alright I'll write it down in my agenda." Her purse was lying beside the phone so she searched through it looking for the familiar small, red book. Finding it, she pulled it out along with a pen and quickly wrote down the date in fancy, script letters under Monday. The acrid smell of something burning reached her nose and she panicked. She had forgotten all about the food. "Jake I have to go before my apartment burns down. Bye." She hung up and rushed to the kitchen to catch the food before it set on fire.

iPodKiddie
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:08 pm

He pulled the phone away from his ear and stared at it for a second and then slightly laughed it off he hung up the phone and packed some then hung out with the guys on base, he had finally passed the Phase III test which meant as long as his unit didn't get in trouble, and he didn't get his unit in trouble he was home free.

The day he was to be sent home he packed up his duffle and headed to the airport with the rest of the guys. God it's good to be in civilian clothes. he thought to himself on the plane. As he laid back and closed his eyes he thought about the last time he'd seen Steph, in the exact same airport. She was crushed he was leaving, but he was crushed too. He thought they could make it, but Phase I killed their relationship. He tried clearing his head by talking to some of the people on the plane and as it touched down he got anxious, grabbing his carry on and moving off the plane, walking across the pavement to the gate where she'd be waiting...hopefully.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iPodKiddie on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:40 pm

Stephanie weaved her way through the mass of people, rushing to get to the gate on time. She had woken up late and had to quickly take a shower and get dressed which explained her disheveled appearance. Making it just in time, she stopped to catch her breath while attempting to smooth down her partially damp hair. She spotted a figure walking towards her with a duffel bag in hand. He appeared nervous and was heading her way. Squinting she realized it was Jake. Waving her arm around, she tried to catch his attention. When she did, she smiled and began to walk up to meet him.

iPodKiddie
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:47 pm

He smiled big and walked quickly towards her carrying his duffle. He was shaking and didn't realize it until he looked down at his hands. He thought to himself Shit, get yourself together man. He was wearing some jeans and a billabong teeshirt as he walked towards her. As he got to her he smiled unsure of weather to hug her or what finally he just gave in and let the urge take over. He dropped his duffle wrapping his arms around her and kissing her on the cheek. "Thank you for coming." He said softly.

(( i've gotta go eat dinner with the family i should be back in like 1.5 hours. :) ))

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iPodKiddie on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:04 pm

Stephanie hugged back, unable to control the few tears of joy that fell from her eyes. She quickly wiped them away, hoping he didn't notice and pulled from the hug. "No problem," She answered smiling, "I'm glad I could." She took in his appearance, noting he hadn't changed much but he still looked good. Beginning to walk off she questioned, "Where are you staying?"

( Alright. :] )

iPodKiddie
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:19 pm

He shrugged as he walked with her, "I don't know yet, probably just on base. I don't really have anywhere else besides my parents and that's just lame!" He smiled carrying his duffle and walking next to her letting their free hands slowly bump together. "Are you still in your same apartment?"

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iPodKiddie on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Stephanie felt his hand bump against hers and on impulse she grabbed it. Giving him a coy smile she answered the question. "Yep I still live in the same apartment." An idea popped into her head and her eyes brightened. "Hey? Why don't you stay with me?" Then she added giggling, "Or am I lame?"

iPodKiddie
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:38 pm

"Hmm, a little lame." He smirked as he smiled at her holding her hand as they got out to her car, "But i'd still love staying with you." He put his duffle in the back and climbed into the front seat relaxing a little bit. "Um, So do you have a new boyfriend?"

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iPodKiddie on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:35 pm

"Hey!" Steph pouted when he called her lame. They reached the car and she opened the door, settled into the seat and buckled her seat belt. She turned the key in the ignition and the car hummed to life. She shook her head as she drove off. "Nope." She stopped at a stoplight, "What about you? Girlfriend?"

iPodKiddie
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:56 pm

He shook his head, "Nah, You know me. I was never the type for tom-boy girls." He smiled over at her. "and in the army, that's all there are." He watched her slightly as she drove thinking about all the times they'd rode in the same car and smiled some more. It had only been 7 months since he saw her it seemed like it was ages, centuries. She seemed so independent, so happy by herself, without him. He snapped himself back to reality, "You sure it's alright that I stay with you?"

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iPodKiddie on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:42 pm

Steph gave him a look and replied, "Ofcourse it's alright." Slowing down the car, she pulled into a parking lot and parked near the building. Unbuckling her seat belt she broke the silence by stating the obvious, "We're here." She stepped out of the car and stretched, waiting for Jake to get out.

iPodKiddie
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby maddenbaby on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:47 pm

He got out and grabbed his bag walking around the front of the car to follow her inside. He acted almost if he'd never been there before, but he surely had been. He'd spent almost the entire month before Boot there. For a while he debated not going, going to community college and trying to make something of his life, but he knew this is what he had to do. He had wanted to make enough money to get them out of her crappy apartment, to buy her nice things on their anniversaries. Obviously he didnt do a very good job, because they'd broken up after only 3 weeks of him being gone, he'd never do any of those things for her. As they walked inside he set his duffle by the door and kicked off his sneakers, "Thanks again Steph." He smiled slightly at her.

maddenbaby
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iPodKiddie on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:11 am

"No problem." Came Stephanie's reply as she strolled to her kitchen in just her socks. The kitchen was clean with the exception of the few dishes in the sink. She had used them to quickly eat breakfast this morning. Opening the refrigerator door she asked, "Would you like something to drink? Eat? I got just about everything." It was true. Her refrigerator was stocked with a variety of different things to eat and drink. Ever since she started her new job as a waitress, she's been raking in money from tips. Of course that was not her ideal job, but it would suffice until she found a better one.

iPodKiddie
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!