Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Commedia dell'arte: The Future is Dark

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Commedia dell'arte: The Future is Dark

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:41 pm

"-ound 9pm last night, a mob in St. Louis, Missouri attacked a group of five 'powered persons'. The powered persons who were attacked were protesting recent, and similar, violent attacks against other people with 'powers', or 'magic' as some citizens have taken to saying. They say the attacks are 'bigoted', 'hateful', and that the government is doi-"

"-iller was found to have been a frequent 'gene manipulator', and as a result has a left hand that deformed into a claw like appendage. Local authorities aren't sure what sparked the acts of violence, bu-"

"-ime rates are soaring, the economy is plummeting, and all over the world we seem to be, once again, inching towards war. And in the midst of all this, the President is considering a government shutdown, at a time when it is most critical to-"

"In other news, the House is considering passing a bill that would legalize gene manipulation. Proponents in both the Republican and Democrat party claim this will be a boon for the health of humanity and will give the medical industry new avenues to explore. Though some aren't so convinced, thinking corpor-"

"At Wyntech, we believe in maintaining only the highest possible standards of quality with our products. If and when gene manipulation becomes a legal option for customers, we promise to keep the same level of quality that has become expect-"

"Just who are Commedia dell'arte? No one truly knows, but everyone seems to have an answer. The existence of the mysterious group so far cannot be confirmed, but rumors, speculation, conspiracy theories, and many bits of alleged evidence have got thousands of people speculating that there just may be madmen among us."

______________________________________________________________________________________

All over the news, its the same story, over and over again. Broken hearts, broken promises, broken dreams. In a world with so much technology, and even "magic" now, you'd think things would get a little better.

They haven't.

Life sucks. Your life sucks, or it is going to suck. And then you're going to die. If you're lucky, you get to die old and happy. If you're not, you get to die young and sad. This is a fact you've been told to accept, to simply see as a reality.

But are you going to? Magic. Monsters. Madmen. The world has always been a mess, but it seems worse now than ever before. Something IS happening that is different. Something IS occurring behind closed doors, in dark, smoke filled rooms. You either know this already, or you WILL know this in time.

So what are you going to do? Sit back and let the world tell you how you'll live and die? Or are you prepared to take your future into your own hands?

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone interested, please visit the link below and check it out. This is very much a cyberpunk roleplay, but with "modern fantasy" elements, some mystery, and horror to fully round it out. The roleplay is open and accepting, and close to starting (if we can get enough characters), so feel free to shoot one my way.

roleplay/commedia-dellarte

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saethos
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Group Theory Tipworthy Conversationalist Author Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Re: Commedia dell'arte: The Future is Dark

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:18 pm

The Roleplay is still a bit slow going, and still in need of more roleplayers.

As a bit of incentive for anyone reading this, at this moment I only have one faction listed in the factions section. That's going to change over time, but I want help doing that. I have PLENTY of factions I have created, but I want this to be a truly vibrant, deep world.

So I want YOU guys to create some factions.

Mercs, bounty hunters, assassins, gangs, gun runners, corporations, etc. I want this to be a true Cyberpunk/Genepunk world, and so to do that I want it as fleshed out as possible.

For those who are still interested, send me a character profile and tell me your thoughts.

Let's make an amazing story.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saethos
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Group Theory Tipworthy Conversationalist Author Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!