Announcements: Universe of the Month! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 (WINNERS ANNOUNCED!) » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? »

Players Wanted: New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Grimm's Fairies [Roleplayer(s) Wanted] » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. »

Common Courtesy

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Common Courtesy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:18 pm

So, I've got a request.

I just found out that the dome was destroyed (by a means that wouldn't have worked had I actually been consulted on it, but whatever) and I feel it's time, now, to simply ask this favor, instead of trying to work it into the RP.

Can we please, PLEASE have somewhere, ANYWHERE, that members can just go to RP, not get jumped by five different people that think RP's only about the combat? I would say that this is merely for the newer members, so they don't get scared off, but I think the regulars have the right to just sit down and have a nice RP session where something other than bloodshed occurs.

Yes, I know the first shot at this favor is going to be that it's unrealistic. In real life, there's no guaranteed safety, etc. etc. Problem being, many (if not all) of us RP to escape the limitations reality puts on us.

So I ask this favor: pick somewhere, I don't much care where, that is a no-fire zone. It's common courtesy, folks.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:51 pm

I don't agree with the dome being destroyed. I thought that was a great idea and had a perfect location that suited that needs of a new entree into the RP world. A lake, calm lands, grass with open area, trees in another section, and buildings and businesses in another section. There is open air, plenty of room for training and all the things necessary for medics, engineers, and your everyday people.

Just because someone didn't understand the point of the dome doesn't mean we have to disband a good idea. Treize can level the shit out of Metro all he wants, drop enough nukes to destroy the world, that dome will stay to protect everything it encompasses.

And by the way, as for it not being realistic, I don't think any RP that has happened in the last two weeks from any side has been realistic in any capacity.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 16 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!