Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Common Courtesy

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Common Courtesy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:18 pm

So, I've got a request.

I just found out that the dome was destroyed (by a means that wouldn't have worked had I actually been consulted on it, but whatever) and I feel it's time, now, to simply ask this favor, instead of trying to work it into the RP.

Can we please, PLEASE have somewhere, ANYWHERE, that members can just go to RP, not get jumped by five different people that think RP's only about the combat? I would say that this is merely for the newer members, so they don't get scared off, but I think the regulars have the right to just sit down and have a nice RP session where something other than bloodshed occurs.

Yes, I know the first shot at this favor is going to be that it's unrealistic. In real life, there's no guaranteed safety, etc. etc. Problem being, many (if not all) of us RP to escape the limitations reality puts on us.

So I ask this favor: pick somewhere, I don't much care where, that is a no-fire zone. It's common courtesy, folks.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:51 pm

I don't agree with the dome being destroyed. I thought that was a great idea and had a perfect location that suited that needs of a new entree into the RP world. A lake, calm lands, grass with open area, trees in another section, and buildings and businesses in another section. There is open air, plenty of room for training and all the things necessary for medics, engineers, and your everyday people.

Just because someone didn't understand the point of the dome doesn't mean we have to disband a good idea. Treize can level the shit out of Metro all he wants, drop enough nukes to destroy the world, that dome will stay to protect everything it encompasses.

And by the way, as for it not being realistic, I don't think any RP that has happened in the last two weeks from any side has been realistic in any capacity.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.