Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Ta-Da! :confetti:

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Ta-Da! :confetti:

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby skunkfunk on Wed May 28, 2014 6:23 pm

Hey peeps! Looking forward to finding some cool RPs and meet all you interesting folks. :)
I started when AOL first came out, in a chat community named "Rhy'Din". It was great while it lasted! But like most things, it fizzled out as they kept updating AOL and taking away cool features which made it difficult to keep playing. Bah!
I'm 26 now and it's been years since I RPed! Exciting. Bring it muns. ^-^;

xx Aimee
Two dollars & fifteen cents!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

skunkfunk
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Ta-Da! :confetti:

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Wed May 28, 2014 10:52 pm

I too did AOL rp thousands of years ago when men rode mastodons and before that; Yahoo roleplay which was mostly odd foreign people asking "what country from u bb" it was disheartening to say the least. You'll find a niche here and some awesome people to roleplay with I have no doubt. Drink it in like a dollar beer.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrystalRose on Wed May 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Hey there Aimee. So.. oh! Wait a second, I've got confetti in my eye. -.o *Ahem*

Welcome to RolePlayGateway! The site is full of never ending opportunity to completely and utterly entertain yourself! We've got a giant sanbox roleplay called the "Multiverse", which is an ongoing real-time roleplay for you to throw a character in and explore. The possibilities are endless within the MV, seriously, endless! Kill a citizen, go directly to jail! Stumble over a treasure box, become a millionaire! Sound fun, yet? Best part: It's summertime! This is when a lot of people come back to the site, and get their writing on to pass their downtime. Right now, the MV is actually campaigning for characters to get involved.

Of course, however, you don't HAVE to join the MV. You can create your own RP, and bring your brilliance here to us! There are also loads of roleplays being created be users onsite everyday. You can also browse the Interest Check and Roleplayers Wanted Forums.

Anywho. I'm CrystalRose, or Rose for short. I've been around here for some odd years, I quite counting. This account is newer, as I so blindly lost the information to my old. I'd consider myself fairly familiar (I hope so!!!) with the site, so if you find yourself confused or lost, I might could possibly help! Although, my services come at a cost: you're undying eternal roleplay loyalty! Kidding! :P It doesn't have to be eternal!

Seriously, welcome to the site, and send me a PM or any of the other staff members here on site. We're here to help, and usually someone is always around to do just that. If however, you find we aren't, the bottom chat usually has at least one or two friendly faces within it that can!

Happy writing!

CrystalRose
RPG Global Moderator
"If you're not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original."

CrystalRose
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Willowlae on Sat May 31, 2014 3:02 pm

welcome :)))
"Sometimes life is about risking everything for a dream no one else can see but you."- unknown

Willowlae
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!