Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Connecting to Chat Issues.

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Coders, Scholars

Any comments, questions, and/or suggestions you have, please post here.

Connecting to Chat Issues.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:32 pm

I can't seem to connect to chat. I keep getting this error whenever I try:

[12:30] Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.surrealchat.net resolve)

Can anyone help me out?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Delve
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Connecting to Chat Issues.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:51 pm

[02:46:13] <Royce> connecting-chat-issues-t2850.html <--- The only thing I can come up with is the user that's trying to connect to it is trying to do it from a java client that's not designated to connect to this network
[02:46:14] <Alucroas> And speaking of whatever.
[02:46:21] <Alucroas> Where's the sign up section to the tournament?
[02:46:26] <Royce> Either that, or his firewall is preventing him from connecting to the service via the java applet
[02:46:59] <S1aY3R> It has irc.surrealchat.net in the error, Royce...
[02:47:07] <Royce> Well yeah...
[02:47:10] <Royce> I realize this.
[02:47:21] <S1aY3R> Looks like a firewall/security issue
[02:47:32] <Royce> That's the second thing I noted...
[02:47:38] <Eymber> So tell them that their firewall may be blocking the java?
[02:47:58] <S1aY3R> Tell them if they have Norton that they don't need to bother coming here
[02:48:06] <S1aY3R> they can just take their computer back to the store
[02:48:25] <Eymber> Lol... wow.
[02:48:30] <Eymber> No, but seriously...
[02:48:49] <Royce> .. Lmfao.
[02:48:55] <Royce> They could always just get rid of norton altogether

Thats about all I got from the group...

Apparently it looks like your firewall is blocking Java. If you know how to, check what sites are allowed by your firewall, and add the surreal site to the list. xD I hope this helps, but I'm not entirely sure if it will or not.

Let us know.
...Arise and be all that you dream....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eymber
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delve on Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:36 pm

I use firefox and I never had issues connecting before. I don't know what it is, or how to go about permitting java into my browser.

Delve
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:05 am

[09:55] Connecting...
[09:55] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect
[09:56] Connecting...
[09:56] Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect

That's what mine keeps saying. =(
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:12 pm

These look like errors with SurrealChat's Java chat at http://www.surrealchat.net/chat/GWing - am I correct?

If so, these matters would be better taken up with them.
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.