Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dear Reader...

Correspondence From Sender

a part of “Dear Reader...”, a fictional universe by Cloasse.

Crime-thriller roleplay wherein the characters all receive identical letters informing them that they have three days to solve the sender's game - can you solve his puzzles?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dear Reader...”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Correspondence From Sender

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Here I will be posting the letters that are sent by the Sender - other correspondence such as anything in note form or telephone calls may also be placed here for viewing by all roleplayers.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloasse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Letter 1

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:59 am

Letter #1

One average envelope containing one letter on plain printer paper and one small envelope. Due to the the depressions in the paper, it is clear that the letter was handwritten in dark red ink.

Dear Reader,

I believe there is a set path to life. Do you know why? I never thought I'd see you again. After what you did, I never even hoped to see you again. There you were, though... Walking by me in the street, back into my life, back into my mind. I knew you so well and now I know you entirely. Don't believe me?

I'm about to prove I know your mind completely,
So think of a number between zero and four-eighty.
Please open the other envelope
And then we'll see how well you cope
When your days are numbered - one, two, three!
How much longer will you last?

From a friend - or should that be 'enemy'?

Within the smaller envelope is a small square of plain printer paper. Once again, it is clear that the letter has been handwritten by the same person and with the same ink.

Your number is one-nine-eight. Send £238.93 to the following address - on a cheque, please - to repay me for what you've done me wrong.

James Lewis
198DesignStudio
Port Dundas Business Park
Glasgow

And here you thought I wouldn't get it right...
Well, my friend, the countdown starts tonight.
You have three days to solve my game
And if you get it wrong you've only yourself to blame.
Now you and I have a date,
One-nine-eight.

This is the first letter (two letters) from the Sender. Your characters will receive further correspondence (phonecall/letter/note) before they are required to go to the business park where they will all meet up. The first post that you give will be a reaction to reading this letter - you can use anything above the horizontal rule in your post, of course, whether it's your character reading it aloud or particular lines that your characters find important. Set it out however you like and look out in the OOC thread for when posting will begin - you can start to write now, but please do not post yet. PM me any questions or find me in the Out of Character chat.

Thank you

Cloasse

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloasse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!