Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Coven: Salem 1692

a part of “Coven: Salem 1692”, a fictional universe by CharlotteV.

They hunted us. They tortured us. They demanded to know what we gave the devil in return for power. We were just special. We were just living. [Follow the story of a coven of witches, five men and five women, during the Salem Witch Trials.] Literate.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Coven: Salem 1692”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:01 pm

OOC topic for "Coven: Salem 1692"

Ok, so first of all, yes I know the info on the main page is very short and I hate that but...I couldn't think of an intriguing way to say everything that I wanted to say.

The point of this RP is to tell the struggle of the Witch Trials from their point of view. To show how what was just magic and gifts got twisted into something that people feared so much they were sentencing innocents to be burned to death.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to state it in the comments and I will keep a collection of what's been mentioned here:

FAQ & Thoughts

• The spirit witches mostly have clairvoyant powers but if you want to get a little creative with this one...feel free :)
  • You may link your characters to historical references: List of those implicated : List of those in the law
  • On player has control of two females, so a player may also have two males to even things up.

Character Availability

You may have 2 characters of different gender with different gifts. (you do not have to switch up 'dark' and 'white')

Spirit
Male: Symond Hearst I light
Female: Amelia Kenway I unswayed
Air
Male: Kyle Crimson I light
Female: Phoebe Cruseau I light
Earth
Male: Christian Martin I unswayed
Female: Marian MacManus I unswayed
Fire
Male: William Proctor I light
Female: Claudia Martin I dark
Water
Male: Walter Mahone I dark
Female: Dawn Cruseau I unswayed
Elemental
Male: Nicholas Fitzpatrick I dark
Female: Isobel I light

Character Application

Code: Select all
[u][size=150]General[/size][/u]
[b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname(s):[/b] [i]*optional*[/i]
[b]Age:[/b] *18+*

[size=150][u]Appearance:[/u][/size]
*if you are going to use 'animated' pictures, make sure they look somewhat realistic--no anime*
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Distinguishing Features:[/b]

[size=150][u]Magic:[/u][/size]
*Type of witch/wiccan* (White, Dark, or Unswayed (<means their magic hasn't taken a turn yet)
[b]Abilities:[/b] *fire, water, earth, air, spirit*
[b]Powers:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Familiar:[/b] [i]*Optional--an animal that assists in magical powers*[/i]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

--^The application above may be formatted however you please. Every category MUST be included unless stated otherwise, but new ones may be added.
Last edited by CharlotteV on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Coven: Salem 1692

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:25 pm

Hello there! This looks super cool. Would you mind if I made/reserved a Male Spirit Wiccan?
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Ohhh... very interesting...
can I reserve a male under fire

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonlightWraith on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:28 pm

Could I reserve the female spirit witch? Would I be right to assume spirit involves clairvoyant or telepathic type magic?

Edit: never mind I googled it and it's Clairvoyance not telepathic, yet could be considered telepathic if the user cast heir spirit into another hmm... definitely still interested!!!
Last edited by MoonlightWraith on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoonlightWraith
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:33 pm

Reservations have been made :)

Moonlight -- yes that is correct ^^

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:42 pm

GREAT! I'll work on it tonight and hopefully will have it done first thing.

Edit: Also, in rp's like these I like to make links to history. Is it ok if I make John Proctor's older son? I mean it might be interesting thing that they accused the wrong man of witchcraft. *unless someone else is being Proctor idk!* you know interesting idea.

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:56 pm

I know I'm working on mine right now xD trying to stay focused

Yes, that is way awesome. Go for it.

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:47 pm

Ok my characters are up but their history isn't finished. If anyone wants to look at them :)

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BBSweetie on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Hey there!!!!

I saw this and am like OMG SOMEONE ACTUALLY DID THIS!

I've always been super fascinated with the trials and was even practicing wicca myself for awhile before my parents banned it.

I'd love to reserve both water and air females and make them twins if that's okay :D

BBSweetie
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:56 pm

Caught my interest because I'm Pagan myself, so I would like to reserve the female earth please!!
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good" - Fred and George Weasley

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Haha me too. I love the trails, done tons of reasearch on them. I finally thought "helllooo! Rp this shit!"

Yes you can have them both. Just to let you know--my characters are twins too. Male and Female. I have absolutely no problem with more than one set of twins in the coven, I just wanted you to be aware in case you wanted the only ones. I absolutely love twins though. I'll reserve them now ^^

Edit: @Fredalice, reserving for you as well ^^

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:23 pm

So I was wondering if Earth magic could also include plants as well?

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BBSweetie on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:26 pm

Okay, finished twin #1!!

I'll get twin #2 finished sometime tomorrow, but I'm too tired tonight :p

Just a forewarning, school starts on Tuesday so once we start posting it might be tricky for me to post super often

BBSweetie
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CharlotteV on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:10 pm

@Fredalice yes it can ^^

@BB No worries, take your time ^^ and yeah, unfortunately I know about school :/

CharlotteV
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:04 am

Took all night but submitted!

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:59 am

Finally submitted!! And I would just like to say that there are any characters left that no one is taking, I'd be happy to make another one.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Oh dammit, I'm so stupid that I didn't even think to check this thread. I'm so sorry for jumping the gun there with submitting my character already. Er, is there some way to delete it once submitted? I'm still a bit new to this site. >.>"

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out.

GiggledustJedi
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:14 pm

I've submitted a WIP, (Work in progress) Symond isn't done yet, I still need to actually buckle down and come up with the rest of his distinguishing features, personality, and history, but the aesthetics are mostly done. I'll finish up soon, promise.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaliceInWonderland on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:53 pm

I'd like to submit a female character for this, are there any spots open?
"I run in triangles, I'm a rebel, I don't do circles"

MaliceInWonderland
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paintpoint on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:37 pm

Id like to reserve the water Wiccan pretty please and thank you. I'll start working on his Character Sheet right away.

Paintpoint
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!