Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Crappy Role-Playing

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Coders, Scholars

Any comments, questions, and/or suggestions you have, please post here.

Crappy Role-Playing

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:38 pm

Aright... This is one of those times where it's going to be difficult to censor myself, and trust me, in this case it's justified.

We have some VERY VERY crappy forum role playing going on in this forum. I'm not going to point fingers, but I am going to announce my irritation and dismay at reading this three-year old-level drivel.

And it's not just the writing, it's the justification and the actual PLAY itself.

I am suggesting that we force feces-like role-players to undergo some kind of training and graduate from said training before being allowed to role-play on the forum. Chat we can deal with, it's easy to address someone and say, "Hey, quit sucking. This is what you need to do differently." but on the forum it takes a bit more.

So, suggestion made, awaiting feedback.
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:39 pm

That, or I can just kill any that come my way. That works too, right?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Daigotsu
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:41 pm

Much as I approve of newbie execution, most people here don't full under the newbie region anymore, good RolePlay or not. Therefore, I'm inclinded to agree with Andy.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:43 pm

Okay, I will help with the training to

Daigotsu
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:42 pm

Eh. I agree with the need of some to be trained in the region of RPing. Some people that are here are not only barely descriptive, but also have a problem acknowledging other peoples posts and such. They also pull off the wall shite.

I hate crappy RPing, and I know I'm not really all that good at RPing, but I'm not super crappy either.

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:28 pm

Is the Itto-ryu returning?

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:30 pm

Itto-ryu? whats that?

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:36 pm

o_o; Training? Geezus... I'm not even going to comment..

BUT! I think it's a good idea to have a sort of training thing ma-jig for people and whatnot, though... I agree with Dai. Let's just kill them. I say that and I'm probably the one sucking. =(!

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HELLFISH88 on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:36 pm

I Swear if it's me just tell me.

HELLFISH88
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:03 pm

The Itto Ryu would be wonderful, but I don't think we have the patience to teach them to kick ass, nor am I sure they all have the potential too. But, we may instill those values as far as combat goes, if the instructors so choose.

Since no one else wants to be the bad guy, I will.

From now on I'm going to patrol the RP threads with an invisible magical stick. Any RP'ers I see that suck so horribly that I truly want to beat myself into unconscious to assure I forget reading that awful excuse for low-level garage will be smacked with this stick and magically transported immediately to Role-Playing Boot Camp. I do not want to be a warden of this place, since I'm lazy, but I will be if I have to be. I have volunteers standing by at this time (read: Rain) who are willing to beat these shitty excuses for role-players into formless clay from which they will be reconstructed into decent role-players. Once they reach the point where we believe they can competently handle themselves, they will be released into the wild to join the rest of their kind in the RPG going on.

Right now I'm looking for a few good men and women willing to handle such a grueling task of teaching poor role-players how to be good ones, in forum and chat-format.

Aside from Rain and myself, who's with me?

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:07 pm

Yeah yeah yeah, only 'cause I was asked. I, personally, think my RP sucks. x.x'

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:07 pm

Special note! (No, not Sinful-special.)

Many of you know this, but for those of you that don't, I'm Rain.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:24 am

I bet that stick is been knocked around alot down in Duo's bar. >_>

What I really need training in is getting back into this whole gundam shiznit. I am sooo out of the circle right now, its not even funny.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okashii Kessen on Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:28 am

I'm here, Blade. ^_~

I'll whip those suckers into shape, you can count on it. XD

Damn...can't believe I hafta answer to you now... XDDD

Okashii Kessen
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:04 am

I'm in. I'm ready to train people to be better. Espessially seeing how thats now my job on AL.

Helping here shouldn't be a problem.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:07 am

Okashii Kessen wrote:I'm here, Blade. ^_~

Gah... why is it I can't get rid of you people?!

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:14 am

I like aerobics...

... :D

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okashii Kessen on Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:15 am

Faith wrote:
Okashii Kessen wrote:I'm here, Blade. ^_~

Gah... why is it I can't get rid of you people?!

Blame Andrew :P

Okashii Kessen
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:08 am

Notice whenever something's wrong or happens it's ALWAYS Andy's fault? Guess that's because he's a fucktard.

<3 Andy.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Okashii Kessen on Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:00 pm

Faith wrote:Guess that's because he's a fucktard.

You know...I think you're onto something there! O_O

<_<

*runs*

Okashii Kessen
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.