Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Crimson Metal

Crimson Metal [O/A]

a part of “Crimson Metal”, a fictional universe by Skittle_Overlord.

The Parasites are almost unstoppable, they just keep coming. A ragged band of pilots who don't even like eachother doesn't stand a chance. Do they? Literate Sci-Fi Mecha roleplay

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Crimson Metal”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Crimson Metal [O/A]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:35 pm

Is it fair to assume that I have been forgiven and to just do better on the next post? Or do I still need to change it?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weirdo on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:36 pm

how about we just skip it, pretend it never happened, and you go on ahead and delete that post?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Weirdo
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Okay.

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Grr, I hate how I post, stay up a bit, check the topic when I sleep, see nothing...

Then BAM!

Massive string of stuff happens in OOC while I'm snoozing. Totally unfair... Though I must say, it's a nice thing to wake up to and read in the morning. I have an engagement to attend to at the moment, but if people wish to move on, suffice to say Rio details to Pepper her location and the extent of the damage to her knowledge. I'll also get to reading the OOC topic on the ship sooner or later.
Roleplayer For Hire.
Will work for free~ Inquiry via PM welcome! Always willing to take on any role so long as it interests me! Protagonists to Villains to Minor Roles - Fantasy to Sci-Fi to High School - Action to Comedy to Romance - Anything goes!

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:37 am

XDD

Well I added those info things and gave credit by just quoting, that way everyone sees who wrote up the description. I put my votes in for what I like from what you guys suggested, I'm horrible with names sooo, I'll continue on with commentary!

As for Rio being Captain, I meant for the sake of her having easy access to the ship's database, she is the one going to be mostly operating the ship, so she'd need easy access to literally everything.

By the way, just so everyone knows, I chose the last name Sprucey for Pepper so she could say this whenever she introduces herself: "Hi! My names Pepper Sprucey! I'll spruce up your day!"
that should tell you just how bad I am at picking names >.<

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:41 am

do you want me to respond know? that way the posts from everyone next round can be more action packed? Or do you want me to wait for everyone to post first? I think I should wait, sneakyrio has a lot to address still.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:05 am

I'm easy as to a response now or later. If the next post from you will move the plot forward in such a way it doesn't limit everyone from posting, then I suppose it'd be fine to wait. If it's just more banter with Rio, probably fine to go ahead and leave something for me to respond to o that the next post will move everything along nicely.

Tanman
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:22 am

Uh...just realized that others have seemingly worked off of my post, and so, therefore, I cannot delete it. I'll just have to do a better job this time around...

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:47 am

NewKid, I've read through the posts and I have seen that only Tanman has referenced your post. True you cannot delete it, also there seems to be no problem with it now other then that you interacted with a ship that wasn't there on the basis of Skittle's previous post. However, because of the nature of roleplaying just and assume that the events of your post occurred before the carrier left.

Indeed, that would be a good idea. One should always be seeking to do a better job next time.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:07 am

Hmm...I'm in a Bit of a block. I can't think of much at the moment, especially since I'm kind floating for now. I mean, I have a plan with the Mecha being drained, but I think I'm going to wait for some action first...

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:22 am

Well you can certainly involve something about how pissed your character would be, he still didn't break through the shields with his attack. Just wait until the carrier returns, we'll have plenty of combat then. Earme will be tanking you both, good luck to him and dicing with death. Thank goodness the carrier will provide fire support.

Of course a mecha stands little chance of breaking down starship shields without starship class weaponry, which I suggest you obtain for the next encounter after the rescue mission.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:00 am

I was planning on that already, but, without action, there's no point to jump off from there. It's a dead end that would be 250 plus words of brooding and Mecha-charging...

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:06 pm

Don't work to the word limit, just keep writing until you feel that there is no more you can write. If you're still below then I suggested you don't post until you can get enough. Brooding and thoughts are never dead end, don't be scared of writing a purely introspective post. It fleshes out your character, gives those who read a glimpse into how their mind works and the reason of their actions. Wait until we return to post or interact with Weirdo, her character has actually attempted to talk to yours if you haven't noticed.

Nymph, what Koda could see was the Titan's optics. Essentially they're cameras, they aren't affected by the jammer. They aren't the best method of working a mecha without radar. I don't think they would be very awe inspiring to a mechanic.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Weirdo on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:49 am

He COULD, just a thought, interact with his little sis who is looking for his guidance through her emotional troubles! D: She feels ignored...more I feel ignored.

God this post sounds whinny.

Weirdo
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:20 am

Do I need to get deeper into the emotional aspect? I feel like Ba'al's being pretty cold, but I am unsure how to warm him up in this senario...

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tanman on Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:33 am

Responding to Skittle_Overlord's post about Pepper making an adequate commander, she's doing a fair part of delegating, and does seem to be commanding some respect and discipline from her teammates. The true test should come from the field of combat, and how she organises the way they make their approach and attacks. Being in charge isn't necessarily about making the best decisions, but making appropriate ones in a timely manner for each scenario - So far, she's done that, and done a degree of organisation along with maintaining control. In that respect, she's doing fine.

Tanman
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Sup guys, sorry I havent possted in like forever but I have been super busy with moving into my first apartment. I am currently stealing wi-fi from my neighbors for my hook up shall not come until late afternoon. Since it has been hazy all day, i should be posting later today when I have a definite hook up. Much love.
Image[URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][/img]

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:48 pm

Regarding Peppers' commander status........while you all know Kennith's perspective, I think Pepper will be fine. She obviously has the instincts for the job, the rest is just a matter of learning.

To note some leadership qualities
-knowing her squad mates intricately (noted in a previous post) (profile)
-Her spontaneity (profile) means she has vast amounts of creativity that can be drawn on to develop different approaches to complex problems should one fail
-works well with others (profile)
-optimist (profile) If people sense doubt in their leader, then it usually will negatively affect them and therefore their abilities.
-Crazy good piloting skill (profile) Leads by example

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:40 pm

@newkid: yah. I think you need to do a little more character insight, to me he is more two dimensional at the moment, like a robot instead of a humanoid. Which is certainly some route you can take for your character, but to state that in one of your posts would make it clear and make for better understanding. And certainly he can have a cold personality, but again, showing and mentioning that in posts. And as Templar stated, character development is important as well as action.

And responding to Templar from the ship thread: eh, you're right, it should be in the ooc, go ahead guys, we discussing it here yo.

As for Tanman and Max: hm, I was hoping for more 'Gosh, Pepper seems to not be trusting in the abilities of her teammates and is just ordering everyone around. What a ho.' or bad things about the job she's doing so far. Guess I need to work on that :/ a well, at least she's being well received by the readers I suppose.

@sneaky: Hey man! Thought we were gonna lose you for a second! Glad you are in fact back though :) I don't think we've gone too far ahead in the ic, you should be able to catch up fine.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Double posting SO WHUT

I kind of like discussing my posts and character development with weirdo, but she's too nice and I know it. What do you guys think about me creating a thread were we can add reviews and suggestions or thoughts about each other's posts, not necessarily saying anything nasty, but you know, constructive criticism. Like suggesting what should have been addressed or something you would've liked to have seen or see.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!