Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: CÁCH QUẢN LÝ VỐN ĐỂ CHƠI BACCARAT KIẾM TIỀN » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life »

Players Wanted: 18+, 1x1 Multi. Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for 1 on 1 roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join »

Crisis (Interest Check)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Crisis (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:13 pm

Welcome to Crisis, a survival horror roleplay with a difference.

In this roleplay, you as the roleplayer know no more than any of the characters. There will be no out of character depiction of the coming events, I won’t be telling you if the crisis is an Earthquake, a zombie attack, or the apocalypse itself.

For that reason, this isn’t going to be a meaty OOC thread, the only information you’ll be getting is the setting and the rules. So let’s get started on them, shall we?

The events of this roleplay are set on an alternate Earth, in a city known only as Terra Alpha, a modern utopia of cleanliness and law. There is a strong police presence throughout the city, and as a result the crime level is at almost nil. The year is 2014, and technology is very similar to as it is today, nothing really amazing has been developed in the last five years; no miraculous answer to global warming, hunger or poverty, no alien contact.

The city itself resembles New York, with a large central park known as The Green, with the exception of being entirely island based. While the shore on the other side of the water is visible in many locations, nobody in the city is allowed in, or out. But nobody has ever, in all of living memory, left the city or entered from outside, and as far as you’re concerned there is no real reason to – you have everything you could need within, or brought in by the government. There are tunnels and bridges out of the city, which are heavily guarded 24/7, and the only traffic in and out are the police and governmental vehicles.

The government is led by a benevolent man named Daniel Gray, who appears on City Television on every holiday to greet the city, and keeps the citizens informed on the activities of the police and government. Besides the confinement to the city, citizens are allowed similar freedom to any other democratic city. There is a governmental opposition, freedom of speech, and all of that – just no reason to speak or vote against the current leader.

You don’t know much more than that, and in all honesty you probably don’t care.

Which brings us nicely on to the subject of ‘you’.

Your character is an ordinary citizen of Alpha Terra, with an ordinary life and an ordinary job. I cannot stress that enough, and so rather than just suggesting things, I’m going to lay down a list of things you CANNOT be, or that there cannot be more than a certain number of.

You cannot be:

- A government worker
- A governmental security officer (elite police)
- A ferryman (goes out of the city to get resources)
- F.B.I, C.I.A, or anything like that
- Ex military (at all, no medics, pilots, nothing)

There are limited spaces as:

- Emergency services (No more than three overall, my character is a police officer so only two more members of the emergency services allowed. This includes police, paramedics (though you can still be a doctor), fire-fighters, etc.)
- Celebrities (Only one, and cannot be an existing celebrity. You have to make up everything about their rise to fame, their career, etc.
- Sports players (Professional, that is – there are only tiny leagues of anything within the city)
- Mechanics, engineers, plumbers, electricians, etc. (Only two allowed)

Beyond the above, feel free to choose any career that makes sense.

Okay, so that's the basic premise. Interest?
Image Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy

Re: Crisis (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:25 pm

I call Celebrity. >>
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saken
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kita-go-nyaa on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:42 pm

This sounds fantastic! I'd love to join in as a school teacher, if I could. ^^ I do adore a good survival horror and one that will be a complete surprise? Sounds like my kind of roleplay. ^^ I do consider myself semi-literate, as sometimes proper punctuation is a little difficult for me, and I tend to write anywhere between two to seven paragraphs a post. {This depends on how much my characters end up doing and how much of the character itself has been elaborated on previously.}

The school teacher would most likely be teaching second grade or below, in case that makes much of a difference as to the acceptance of myself. ^^;
"Emergency joke: Two guys... walked into a pub... and they completely redecorated it, it was brilliant ~Eddie Izzard"

Kita-go-nyaa
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThexTwistedxOne on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:50 pm

May I possibly be a mechanic? :D
~Its just another beautiful day... in a Twisted Paradise

I have been astonished that Men could die Martyrs for religion
I have shudder'd at it - I shudder no more
I could be martyr'd for my Religion
Love is my religion
I could die for that
I could die for you.
My Creed is Love and you are its only tenet.

ThexTwistedxOne
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:04 pm

Okay! Good interest takeup so far, going to wait for at least two more people before I post the OOC - but mentally noted all the aforementioned reservations, and approved them!

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:36 am

I bump.

Saken
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moniker on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Neat.
I have a right to my anger, and I don't want anybody telling me I shouldn't be, that it's not nice to be, and that something's wrong with me because I get angry.

Moniker
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Toxic on Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:50 pm

Make a noob RP fer me >.o

Toxic
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:00 pm

Never!

You will join this or I shall flag pole you into submission, and then you will join this! >.>

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sdlangel on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:54 pm

Sounds coolio!! Let's see what can I be *thinks* Does artist or writer count as a celeb?

sdlangel
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:20 pm

OOC thread is up! Get writing those profiles people!

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/post850869.html#p850869

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!