Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Critic Discussion

a topic in Growth, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

New to the literary world? Just want to improve on your already strong literary background? Get tips on your language skills here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:04 pm

Perhaps another thread, or rather subforum could be set aside for those who write for its own enjoyment. As I said before I don't do a huge amount of redrafting, although I do contrary to what Circ believes check my spelling, I don't use the inbuilt spell checker as I write in English and it understands American (Shrug). I would mostly prefer to not have my writing criticised but it would be good to have the option either by stating that I don't require it or by posting to another subforum as has been suggested by Circ, not sure I like "scratch pad" though, it sounds somehow dismisive though I am sure that is not how it was meant.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circ on Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:35 pm

No, it wasn't meant that way. I was just throwing it out there as an example, not verbatim. Instead of "Scratch Pad," we could try "Story Board," although that's somewhat restrictive. I'd go for "Incoherent Ramblings," but again that has connotations that may be perceived as negative. No doubt you can think of a more inviting title for such a subforum, Grimbold.

I also wasn't singling you out in particular on spell checking. I tried to make it sound like a general rule, but apparently I failed to communicate that affectively.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Circ
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:26 am

Exactly what one could call a subforum for uncriticised random writings I am not sure, perhaps it could be a sub group of Growth and be under Critique Free or something. That way it would be easily accessible still in the same broad vein as Growth but postings would be for their own sake rather than as part of any particular development.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.